30 Rock in the Media: Yeah, Suck It! We Do Read The Paper!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

848 replies to this topic

Glark

Glark

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 4:23 PM

Media-y!

corgi-ears

corgi-ears

Fanatic

• Interests:30 Rock, The Amazing Race, Battlestar Galactica, The Closer, Damages, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, The Office, Project Runway, Wonderfalls

Posted Sep 15, 2007 @ 4:19 AM

This thread really needs to be called "Yeah, Suck It! We Do Read The Newspaper!" Heh.

Gracelessly

Gracelessly

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2007 @ 7:45 PM

Definitely!

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Sep 15, 2007 @ 8:34 PM

Now we must negosh with the big man to make that happen!

Season 2 article from ew.com

Femvamp

Femvamp

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2007 @ 8:50 PM

Not sure if it goes here, so feel free to erase, but has anyone seens the Tina Fey American Express Commerical.

BEST COMMERICAL EVER!!!!!!

Kimbreely

Kimbreely

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:21 AM

I'm not american, so I haven't seen those on TV, but the promos for the next season are up on nbc.com.

Promo #1.
Promo #2.

sunsheyen

sunsheyen

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 10:40 PM

the title of this thread should be "And you can read about that on the interweb!"

lynch

lynch

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 11:42 PM

Anyone else find it funny how they're putting Seinfeld behind the show logo right next to Fey, Baldwin, and Morgan in their promos. Whatever gets people watching I guess. If he's put on the DVD cover, however, that will pushing it.

Edited by lynch, Sep 16, 2007 @ 11:43 PM.

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 12:25 AM

Oops, didn't see the awards thread.

Edited by AVorlon, Sep 17, 2007 @ 1:28 AM.

sourdoh

sourdoh

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 2:24 AM

My newspaper had an article about the Emmy Awards and though I don't have it with me to quote directly, it basically said that it would be amazing if 30 Rock won because the show is so slow and dull! I specifically remember the word 'slow' because that is not how I would ever describe 30 Rock. Needless to say, I was outraged. The writer praised "My Name is Earl" and "Scrubs," two shows I like, but he lost all credibility with the 30 Rock put-down.

I figured this goes here instead of the Awards thread since I saw it in the newspaper, but I apologize if I figured wrong.

ICL18

ICL18

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 6:29 AM

I was rooting for this show to win. I thought Tina Fey's acceptance speech was cute. Hope this win would attract more viewers for the show.

goldentail

goldentail

Video Archivist

• Interests:Animal liberation and protection; and Environment preservation.<br /><br />On the shallow end, Kate Walsh and her new show Private Practice.Lol.

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 6:31 AM

"thanks to our dozens and dozens of viewers" Lol. Tina Fey cracked me up on that one. She looked great too up there on stage.

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 2:40 PM

Some Post-Emmy mentions: quoting Tina in the press room, a bit more detailed in the press room, and tales of our cast closing down the after-after-after-after-after party (the full quotes are way at the bottom of this one, so scroll down).

ETA: Nice DVD review from the Toledo Blade (close to the Cleve...)

Edited by Shelwood, Sep 17, 2007 @ 4:05 PM.

Detsl

Detsl

Fanatic

• Interests:я обожаю слишком много сериалов.

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 11:42 PM

From one of the articles Shelwood posted:

Fey said she plans to celebrate her big win by overeating.

Love it. It is what I would do too.

Edited by Detsl, Sep 18, 2007 @ 12:16 AM.

corgi-ears

corgi-ears

Fanatic

• Interests:30 Rock, The Amazing Race, Battlestar Galactica, The Closer, Damages, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, The Office, Project Runway, Wonderfalls

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 1:19 AM

Heh. "I'm going to go talk this over with some food."

lifeonhold

lifeonhold

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 9:18 PM

I'm not sure exactly where to put this in the new and improved 30 Rock forum, but Tina Fey is scheduled to be on Letterman tonight.

Kimbreely

Kimbreely

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 10:08 PM

I'm not sure exactly where to put this in the new and improved 30 Rock forum, but Tina Fey is scheduled to be on Letterman tonight.

Is it a rerun or a new interview?

schmanda42

schmanda42

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 10:41 PM

Is it a rerun or a new interview?

It's her appearance from August 23 -- Letterman's in reruns all week.

argrow

argrow

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 11:26 PM

She actually will be appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live now.

ETA: It's a small pre-recorded bit on the show. Jimmy showed a video in which Tina leaves her kid for Jimmy to babysit during Emmy night. Tina appeared at the beginning when she dropped her off to Jimmy, and at the end when Tina comes pick her up. Nothing spectacular, or particularly funny, IMO, except at the end when, after Tina picked up her baby and see what Jimmy did to her and muttered that she' shoulda called Andy Dick instead.'

Edited by argrow, Sep 18, 2007 @ 11:35 PM.

frannyglass

frannyglass

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 6:33 PM

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet -- Tina and her travel-ready Emmy at the airport.

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 7:25 AM

Looks like Tina will be out promoting the season premiere on various talk shows. According to Tivo, she'll guest on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, Today, and Live with Regis and Kelly on October 4 (for Conan's show, that would be the wee morning hours of Oct. 4 or just after the evening of Oct. 3).

Bonus: Jude Law is also on the Regis & Kelly program that day.

elle3

elle3

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 9:19 AM

In the Sunday (9/23) NYTimes Arts/Television section, there's a nice article about Tina and the show.

http://www.nytimes.c...amp;oref=slogin

However, there's another article about current TV shows which says about 30 Rock "has a fervent fan base, but excludes viewers who don't keep up with Page Six." Huh? I'm not even sure what Page Six is.... celebrity gossip? If that's the case, then I disagree...

Edited by elle3, Sep 22, 2007 @ 9:25 AM.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 1:44 PM

From that NYT story:

But over dinner, with her brown hair pulled back tight and her glasses off, Ms. Fey did acknowledge one guilty pleasure. Seated in her makeup chair at Silvercup Studios in Long Island City, Queens, usually just after 6 a.m. most weekdays, Ms. Fey would sometimes troll the Internet for references on message boards or MySpace to the catchphrases she and her co-writers had worked so hard to insert into each week’s episode.

That is beyond awse.

sparrowfletch

sparrowfletch

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 2:11 PM

Slate names Kenneth Ellen Parcell one of the best characters on TV!

(I loved that NYT article too. It's good promotion for the show).

NYer

NYer

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 6:54 PM

elle3, Page Six is the New York Post's gossip column. The column has been said by some to be the most-widely-read gossip page among celebrities.

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 1:20 AM

An article in Sunday's Washington Post talks about the effect the Emmy may -- or may not -- have on our show's ratings. (Cross your fingers and say, Cheers, not My World and Welcome To It.)

Kimbreely

Kimbreely

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 10:52 AM

Will winning the Golden Girl lead to a ratings boost for "30 Rock's" sophomore season (which kicks off this Thursday)?

Doesn't it start next Thursday?

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 11:17 AM

Yup, October 4. Maybe the article thinks it exists in next Sunday because it had a very wild weekend. (Or it's wrong. One or the other.)

Kaitlin862

Kaitlin862

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 12:03 PM

Just finished the NY Times article and I really liked it. Three things popped out at me.
Tina said that she was really inscure about being an actor on the show but at one point gave herself a little peptalk. This has to be when her acting on the show really took a turn. Cause I would say about 5-6 epsiodes in she really look a lot more relaxed.
Also what the hell is she doing checking out myspace looking for the impact of the show. She should be all over TWoP; I mean it can't be that hard, its part of Bravo/NBC!!
Finally kinda of sad that someone stole the bottle that Sorkin gave her. It would have been nice to toast the 2nd season with it.

Kimbreely

Kimbreely

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 10:52 PM

I don't know where to post this, so I'm doing it here. Tina is doing another blog after the season premiere. So, if any of you want to ask her something, that's a great opportunity.

ETA: New promo!!!!

Edited by Kimbreely, Sep 25, 2007 @ 11:48 AM.