Spoilers: Secrets of Six Sigma

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

211 replies to this topic

Glark

Glark

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 4:22 PM

Spoilery!

jxan

jxan

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 6:37 PM

Not much of a spoiler, but the second season will see Edie Falco and Jerry Seinfeld appear on the show, along with returns for Will Arnett, Sherri Shepherd and Rip Torn.
http://news.yahoo.co.../en_nm/falco_dc
With a charming celebrity host - to be determined!

dumbmonkeygirl

dumbmonkeygirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 5:48 AM

A little more information on how Seinfeld fits into the premiere from Access Hollywood,

“[Jerry] shows up because he’s angry with Alec’s character because Alec’s character has been taking Seinfeld out of the old Seinfeld [shows] and digitally inserting it into low rated shows to help them,” Fey dished. “So, he shows up to complain.”

Very meta. I like it.

da mihi virgum

da mihi virgum

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 9:19 AM

But is this Seinfeld-who-went-to-prison or Seinfeld from our world? And did prison-Seinfeld have a succesful show? (You know, this has the makings of a wicked narrative-theory essay).

Kaitlin862

Kaitlin862

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 2:01 PM

But is this Seinfeld-who-went-to-prison or Seinfeld from our world? And did prison-Seinfeld have a succesful show? (You know, this has the makings of a wicked narrative-theory essay).

I think its the Seinfeld from our world, or if you will the same Seinfeld from Newsradio - as that is the Seinfeld from NBC programing. Also because the Seinfeld from 'Seinfeld' (who went to prison) didn't get his show past the pilot, I think.

SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 7:40 PM

I think its the Seinfeld from our world, or if you will the same Seinfeld from Newsradio - as that is the Seinfeld from NBC programing. Also because the Seinfeld from 'Seinfeld' (who went to prison) didn't get his show past the pilot, I think.

I was going to say the same thing. Like most blend shows out there (CYE, S60, Entourage) they do treat the bigger named pop culture stuff as if they exist in their fictional world. Friends even got several mentions on the show last season, so yeah this is RL Jerry Seinfeld rather than the fictional Seinfeld, which was also kind of a blend, interestingly enough as well (Letterman, Leno, George Wendt, Corbin Bersen all played themselves and the Seinfeld characters threw in other current pop culture references often).

CherSolly

CherSolly

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2007 @ 7:58 AM

As per The View thread, Sherri Shepherd has filmed two episodes where she plays Tracy Jordan's wife.

dumbmonkeygirl

dumbmonkeygirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 7:00 AM

From a New York Times profile on Tina,

Edie Falco (in a recurring role as a left-wing congresswoman from New Hampshire and a love interest for Jack, later in the year). Carrie Fisher will play a veteran television writer whom Liz idolizes, at least from afar.

I love Carrie Fisher so that got me very excited. The world might implode with the awesomeness of having her and Tina Fey in the same room.

Edited by dumbmonkeygirl, Sep 22, 2007 @ 7:01 AM.

clamtrafficjam

clamtrafficjam

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 8:48 AM

Netflix has an odd synopsis for the DVD of season 2, which hasn't been aired yet or anything. Strange, very strange.

The second season of this hit NBC dramedy -- written by Tina Fey of "Saturday Night Live" fame, who also stars -- picks up where the show's tumultuous first season left off. In the wake of a year that saw Tracy (Tracy Morgan) go into hiding to escape the Black Invaders and a stressed-out Jack (Alec Baldwin) land himself in the hospital, Liz (Fey) and Jack seem to be getting closer than ever. But could they actually pull off life as a couple?

This makes me angry because they speculate that Jack and Liz will get together and the "Black Invaders".

sparrowfletch

sparrowfletch

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 12:45 PM

I wouldn't worry about the Netflix synopsis - they had a similarly strange one for The Office. I'm pretty sure it doesn't reflect any actual knowledge of the season!

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 6:19 PM

The NBCUMV synopsis of 2-03 makes me think they're doing a Doug and Jackie Christie story with Tracy and his wife.

Edited by arc, Sep 23, 2007 @ 6:19 PM.

StaceyRosie

StaceyRosie

Fanatic

• Interests:Writing, New York Yankees baseball

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 8:01 PM

Dramedy? Really?

CherSolly

CherSolly

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 9:59 PM

The NBCUMV synopsis of 2-03 makes me think they're doing a Doug and Jackie Christie story with Tracy and his wife.

Who?

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 11:24 PM

Doug Christie's an NBA player renowned for his unique marriage. His wife basically won't let him talk to other women at all, she goes on every road trip with him, and they don't just renew their vows each year, they have a new wedding each year.

bigredcat7

bigredcat7

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 7:22 AM

Doug Christie's an NBA player renowned for his unique marriage. His wife basically won't let him talk to other women at all, she goes on every road trip with him, and they don't just renew their vows each year, they have a new wedding each year.

He also had to signal to her each time he shot a free throw, didn't he?

StaceyRosie

StaceyRosie

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 10:37 AM

Does she also keep his balls in a jar on her night table?

Bchesnpc

Bchesnpc

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 11:30 PM

From Ausiello:

I will also tell you that a casting call put out for an upcoming episode promises yet another killer sight gag: The show is looking for a Liz look-alike who'll turn out to be (Spoiler alert) the mother of her boy-toy date.

That sounds pretty hilarious

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 8:47 AM

From Ausiello:

Question: You already rock my world, Michael, now I'm hoping you'll be nice enough to also 30 Rock it with some scoop about the second funniest comedy on TV. — Tishann
Ausiello: Tishann, you know the Ausiello Report is a vodcast, not a TV show, right? But I'm glad you think it's even funnier than 30 Rock. Dag! Anyway, yes, I have huge scoop for you: The show is casting Liz's family — mom, dad and an older brother who's been, erm, "off" since a skiing accident in his youth. The show is looking for "names" for all three roles, and preferably ones with comedy backgrounds. In other words, Tony "Buster" Hale, the brother part is yours to lose.

Question: Have I ever told you how much I love it when you give us 30 Rock scoop? Is it too late to do it now, when I'm writing to ask you to, as Twitney would put it, gimme more? — Amandine
Ausiello: Twitney… that's mean and funny. Are you me? No, wait, you can't be, because if you were, you'd know that the laffer is about to show Jenna a gay old time — literally. A casting call has been issued for Sacha and Patrice — both male, despite the names — who will make up The Girlie Show star's own velvet mafia.

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 9:07 AM

In other words, Tony "Buster" Hale, the brother part is yours to lose.

It would be fabulous if they could get Tony Hale to play Liz's brother. He'd fit the part perfectly.

kostgard

kostgard

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 11:26 AM

Yay for continuity! Didn't Liz get mad at Jenna in some episode last year for trying to hook up with her brother, telling Jenna something like "You know he's not right!" or something similar?

And yes, Tony Hale would be awesome in that role.

StaceyRosie

StaceyRosie

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 11:34 AM

Yes her brother Mitch who is not right in the head because of a skiing accident was disgusting in bed, according to Jenna.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 1:11 PM

Awse. I was just thinking that we've seen basically all of Jack's family -- his ex-wife, his mom, his dad, all his siblings barring future surprises -- but not a single one of Liz's family.

And Jenna getting her own entourage is also 'bout time.

mentalrant

mentalrant

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 1:30 PM

If Tony Hale played Tina's brother I would probably cry with laughter. Or ya know... laugh so hard I cry. But it would be cool too if they used former SNL cast members-- maybe Dratch will be her mom.

Jaman

Jaman

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 3:01 PM

Man. I've got such a strong impression of how Tony Hale would be Mitch that I am going to be terribly disappointed if he doesn't play him.

How about for her father? I don't think we've got any one-offs about him, so I have no idea what he would be like, but have at it. Wish-list names?

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 3:48 PM

Hmmph. I'd kinda pictured Liz as the eldest, and Tony Hale is not at all the Mitch I'd imagined. I'm sure they'll make it work for me, but until I see it, I'm a little blergy about this news.

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 3:51 PM

I thought Tony Hale was Ausiello's speculation, not news...

CherSolly

CherSolly

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 21, 2007 @ 8:16 AM

It's very cruel of Ausiello to throw Tony Hale's name out there without any basis in fact!

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 29, 2007 @ 10:39 PM

I'm not sure if this is really spoiler material since it was posted by someone on "rec.arts.tv," with a bunch of other highlights of NBC's shows, titled, "NBC November sweeps highlights". He must have retrieved it from somewhere public.

Anyway, the following are the episode descriptions from 11/8 and 11/15:

30 ROCK (8:30-9 p.m.)
"Greenzo"

SPECIAL GUEST STARS INCLUDE OSCAR AND NOBEL PEACE PRIZE WINNER AL GORE, MEREDITH VIEIRA, DAVID SCHWIMMER WHO JOIN IN ON '30 ROCK'S' GREEN INITIATIVE -- As part of a GE-wide green initiative, Jack (Alec Baldwin) has come up with the idea of creating a green mascot for NBC -- a Phillie Phanatic-looking character named Greenzo. When Greenzo's eco-friendly preachiness gets obnoxiously out of hand in "TGS with Tracy Jordan" offices, it's Liz (Tina Fey) who gets fed up the most with the ridiculous character. Kenneth (Jack McBrayer) is planning his annual house party, a boring little soiree where Liz has been the only one who ever shown up in the past. Tracy (Tracy Morgan) wants the party to be a success for Kenneth, so he spreads a few little rumors to get the event hopping, but simple office gossip gets out of control. Jane Krakowski, Lonny Ross, Judah Friedlander, Scott Adsit, Katrina Bowden and Maulik Pancholy also star. Special guest stars include Oscar and Nobel Prize winner Al Gore, Meredith Vieira (NBC's "Today") and David Schwimmer.

30 ROCK (8:30-9 p.m.)
"Somebody to Love"

JACK (ALEC BALDWIN) FALLS IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE FROM THE WRONG TEAM, AND LIZ IS PARANOID OVER TERRORISM IN HER NEIGHBORHOOD WITH SPECIAL GUEST STAR EDIE FALCO: Jack (Alex Baldwin) attends a cocktail party honoring Colin Powell, and there, he falls for C.C. (Guest Star, Edie Falco), a Democratic congresswoman from Vermont. Although they are on the opposite sides of the fence, Jack and C.C. ignore their political differences, and attempt to be a couple under the radar. Liz (Tina Fey) thinks her Middle Eastern neighbor might be a terrorist. After all, he won't shake Liz's hand; has maps all over his house, and helps Pete (Scott Adsit) rewire the toaster. But Liz is paranoid, and tips off his neighbor's whereabouts to an official at the Homeland Security office. Guest stars Edie Falco. Also stars Tracy Morgan, Jane Krakowski, Jack McBrayer, Judah Friedlander, Lonny Ross, Keith Powell, Katrina Bowden and Maulik Pancholy.

Edited by Partly Cloudy, Oct 29, 2007 @ 10:42 PM.

StaceyRosie

StaceyRosie

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2007 @ 12:24 PM

That info was sent out this morning from Programming.

Although I didn't read the email because I was up to my ears in work this morning. Stupid job ;)

lynch

lynch

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2007 @ 7:12 PM

SPECIAL GUEST STARS INCLUDE OSCAR AND NOBEL PEACE PRIZE WINNER AL GORE

If I may just indulge in personal pet peeve for a moment, Al Gore did not win a fucking oscar. Davis Guggenheim, the film's director, won the oscar. For some reason, every single media member has agreed to ignore this fact. Sorry for the digression.

Edited by lynch, Oct 30, 2007 @ 7:12 PM.