The Bachelor In The Media: Roses And Lemons

• Please log in to reply

4958 replies to this topic

Shira

Shira

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 8:34 AM

Surprisingly, he had the most votes (the women who voted for him stayed and the women who voted for the other guy had to leave...no rose ceremony that episode as I recall)

Actually, none of the women had to leave. When a few of the women didn't get a rose, they said, "Who cares? I voted for the other guy anyway." Even though Byron's season opener wasn't the best execution of the concept for two bachelors, I still wish they had brought back Kiptyn and Reid together, only without booting one of them, and with the women vying for one or both of them. I think the two guys together would have been hilarious, comparing notes on the crazy women and all, and they're both nice, attractive guys. I'm sure that ship has sailed, but if they're going to keep recycling characters, I wish they'd bring back somebody I'd actually like to see who has a good personality. There have been so many clunkers in the recycled contestants plan--Blob, Jenn Scheft, Deanna, Mesnick, now Ali--probably a couple I'm forgetting. I don't know who is telling Fleiss that those people are "America's Sweethearts." Blech!

Edited by Shira, Mar 21, 2010 @ 9:18 AM.

Palomar

Palomar

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 10:05 PM

Here's an interview with Tenley..how things are going today.

OC Register Tenley Interview

lulee

lulee

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2010 @ 8:08 AM

I don't remember the other guy at all.

Jay Overbye. He sounds terrific and I think (thought too) way better looking than Byron. If I remember, Jay was quiet/ more reserved and Byron was used to the Vegas scene and probably seemed more fun to the women in head-to-head competition in the first-night cocktail party atmosphere.

dogwoman

dogwoman

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 22, 2010 @ 9:27 AM

Wow, Dr. Andy has some creepy, strange abs! I kept expecting the Alien to come bursting out of there.

And, please make The Chipmunk go away.

Cozmicmyst

Cozmicmyst

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 31, 2010 @ 12:49 PM

Does anyone know when this show will have the next season air? are they shooting episodes now?

LaVieDouce

LaVieDouce

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2010 @ 12:02 AM

They are currently shooting Ali's season and will start airing in May.

Pope of Mope

Pope of Mope

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2010 @ 7:17 PM

There is a blurb about Jillian and Ed in this week's US Weekly. Jillian is posed ridiculously, with her leg snaked around Ed's middle, while Ed looks chubby, sloppy and unhappy. Poor Jillian -- always trying to be sexy and seductive, and always failing miserably.

Anyway, it said that they just completed a "wicked road trip" (Jillian's words, not mine) to San Diego, San Fran, Portland and Seattle, and plan on moving to one of those cities. (I thought that they had bought a house in Bucktown and were planning a wedding?) I don't think Seattle can handle another Bachelor famewhore couple, though -- we have our hands full with Mesnik and Molly.

K617L

K617L

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 4:33 PM

There is a blurb about Jillian and Ed in this week's US Weekly. Jillian is posed ridiculously, with her leg snaked around Ed's middle, while Ed looks chubby, sloppy and unhappy. Poor Jillian -- always trying to be sexy and seductive, and always failing miserably.

He really does look terrible in that picture! I noticed that right away. Maybe Jillian is cooking for him alot or maybe he is comfortable in the relationship and is "letting himself go" a bit. For some reason I think they'll continue in the relationship for awhile, but that it won't lead to marriage (like lots of relationships out there).

LaVieDouce

LaVieDouce

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 4:58 PM

Yeah, I don't see them getting married either. I think Jillian is the one that seems to be more into this relationship. Too bad, she seems like a very sweet person.

Tamatchka

Tamatchka

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 6:00 PM

Anyway, it said that they just completed a "wicked road trip" (Jillian's words, not mine) to San Diego, San Fran, Portland and Seattle, and plan on moving to one of those cities. (I thought that they had bought a house in Bucktown and were planning a wedding?) I don't think Seattle can handle another Bachelor famewhore couple, though -- we have our hands full with Mesnik and Molly.

Hmph. Well Portland doesn't want them, either!

jblitz

jblitz

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2010 @ 2:47 AM

Yeah, I don't see them getting married either. I think Jillian is the one that seems to be more into this relationship. Too bad, she seems like a very sweet person.

They'll be married within the next four months. Count on it. And it's Ed who wants marriage and babies the most. He completely adores his Jillian. ;)

K617L

K617L

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2010 @ 1:55 PM

They'll be married within the next four months. Count on it. And it's Ed who wants marriage and babies the most. He completely adores his Jillian. ;)

It sounds like you're a close friend of the couple. So I guess you would know know more than we would from just reading the gossip magazines! Would you happen to know if they are going to have it televised?

jblitz

jblitz

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2010 @ 10:21 PM

Lips are zipped. Sorry. :)

Palomar

Palomar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2010 @ 2:35 PM

Vienna Lands TV Gig

Looks like Vienna will be working while Jake is on DWTS.

AK23

AK23

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2010 @ 4:23 PM

I read about Vienna's "new gig" as well. I guess they just hand out entertainment reporting jobs out to anyone these days, huh? Damn any sort of experience? Ha! Extra is going down hill, esp. after they featured one of Tiger's mistresses as a correspondent.

jblitz

jblitz

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2010 @ 11:26 PM

Boy, Jillian's got a ton of stuff going on. It was announced that she would be doing the interiors for new Yumberi Yogurt locations. Plus she was one of 10 designers featured in Spring Decorating Tips on Oprah's website. She's in pretty good company as the other designers are pretty well known and work with some impressive clients. I haven't seen any official announcements that I can link to but on her agent's website it says that she is joining the cast of Extreme Makeover:Home Edition this fall. No details on how many shows she'll do yet but it's a great gig for her on a primetime tv show and it combines her skills and experience with her big caring heart.

She hasn't denied the rumors that she and Ed are moving west but it's fairly safe to assume it's true as she put the link to the article on her own twitter. Ed has started a new website and said on it that he has quit his job at Microsoft and he and Jillian are exploring new professional opportunities. So lots happening for these two in addition to the wedding they're planning. :)

sparkareno

sparkareno

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2010 @ 12:02 PM

I'm not sure if this is where this post should go so I apologize if it's wrong. I saw Jake on E! news after he got voted off DWTS & he was boo-hooing like a little girl--seriously crying. And then he was blabbering about how grateful he was that everyone was so nice to his "beautiful fiancÚ". When asked about the wedding he said no plans for a while. When you see what a cheeseball he was on that show (& before) it's really hard to believe that women were fighting over him.

LaVieDouce

LaVieDouce

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2010 @ 12:57 PM

I can't believe he lasted more than Trista! Trista actually knew how to dance. And I bet he was crying because he won't have the cameras on him anymore.

pennylwp

pennylwp

Channel Surfer

Posted May 4, 2010 @ 4:27 PM

Article > Top 10 Tips for Finding Love on The Bachelorette

MyLisa

MyLisa

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2010 @ 10:29 PM

Anyone else see Regis and Kelly's spoof of the past season? Kelly's dancing Tenley is pretty funny...

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2010 @ 10:34 AM

I just saw a commercial for Ali's season of The Bachelorette here on Canadian TV. According to the narrator, "She was the unquestionable favourite of her season."

I can't imagine too many people believe that.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2010 @ 11:07 AM

I just saw a commercial for Ali's season of The Bachelorette here on Canadian TV. According to the narrator, "She was the unquestionable favourite of her season."

Yeah. She really was/is my favorite, but I know I'm in the minority on this one. I look forward to the show because Ali seems outspoken...at least she voiced my opinion regarding Vamp Vienna.

ciaobellame

ciaobellame

Video Archivist

Posted May 9, 2010 @ 9:25 PM

That quote describes Gia more. In our version, they call her "America's Sweetheart". Ugh. They are obviously trying to rehab her image by making it seem like she's suddenly likeable.

Edited by ciaobellame, May 9, 2010 @ 9:26 PM.

Kittenrescue

Kittenrescue

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2010 @ 4:32 PM

Bachelorette is pregnant

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2010 @ 7:07 AM

Whew, Kittenrescue, I thought for a minute it was Ali. That would have been the one thing that would have made me watch this season. I can just picture Ali doing her fake hiccupy crying, saying she had been in love with some guy but then she had changed her mind about him, and now she's ready to find her one true love and future father for her baby -- all while she hugs her knees and her nose runs into her mouth.

As for Jen, married one year and shocked because she, "didn't think it happened that fast." They really need to find smarter girls for this show.

Kittenrescue

Kittenrescue

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2010 @ 6:15 PM

When I saw the news blurb, I wasn't sure who they were referring to. Jen just seems like such old news by now. I was happy for Andrew Firestone when he got married and had a baby. Jen - don't really care about her.

ciaobellame

ciaobellame

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2010 @ 8:36 PM

I didn't like Jen by the end of her season, but I don't think she's that bad. Compared to Ali and Deanna, she isn't as fake or unlikeable as those two. Congrats to her pregnancy and I wish her well.

K617L

K617L

Video Archivist

Posted May 20, 2010 @ 4:41 PM

Jillian's new job

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2010 @ 3:34 PM

I find this collection of new bachelors lacking in any kind of diversity, which is going to make it difficult to keep track of who is who:

Contestants

There are:
3 Chris's
3 John's (one goes by Jonathan)
3 Tyler's (one goes by Ty)
2 Craig's
2 Derek's (one is spelled Derrick)

Get some variety! And it's not just the names...they are all white guys with brown hair. No blondes (although some guys are lighter brown than others), no bald/balding guys, no dark skin, etc. Ali must have been quite specific with her requests. They are going to have to keep those name captions up on the screen all season long.

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 24, 2010 @ 7:15 PM

REMINDER:

This thread is just for media mentions of the current season, its contestants, and participants. If you want to talk about media coverage of a past couple, past season, or past contestant (e.g. Jen or Jillian), it belongs in the Past Seasons subforum.

Edited by TWoP Barnes, May 26, 2010 @ 7:43 AM.