The Bachelor In The Media: Roses And Lemons

• Please log in to reply

4958 replies to this topic

thehepburn

thehepburn

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

I think anyone who don't have a relationship with Brad dodged a bullet too. He ain't no prize and I hope he stays single forever and never procreates.

Anyone who becomes the B or B-ette suck anyway.

thedullgirl

thedullgirl

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 8:26 AM

SaberTail, she's probably just referring to the diamond ring he gave her and the commitment that it symbolizes.

Edited by thedullgirl, May 19, 2012 @ 8:26 AM.

Antareus

Antareus

Channel Surfer

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

The news spot that ran at the beginning of this episode is fake, right?

Vexer

Vexer

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

Dear god I hope so. And the throngs of adoring fans screaming and taking pictures had to be too.

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 11:27 PM

It doesn't speak very highly of Charlotte, but it was all real.

Antareus

Antareus

Channel Surfer

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 1:30 AM

The news spot actually ran on the news?! Oh, my. Well, maybe the station is an ABC subsidiary. And of course the "red carpet" was real...in that it was advertised and people showed up...but "fake" in that people/paparazzi didn't just randomly show up (like after stalking Emily or whatever)...right?

SaberTail

SaberTail

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 12:29 PM

There was a preview clip on one of the morning shows today that showed Emily talking with I think it was Kalon/Chopper, he had his hair slicked back and was wearing glasses so it was hard to tell. Anyway, Emily asked him a question and then interrupted him when he started to answer. He told her to let him finish what he was trying to say, not to jump to a conclusion about what she THOUGHT he was going to say. Cut to Emily's TH: "I like guys who are tall, slender and funny. Not guys who are tall, slender and condescending." (paraphrase)

Not sure if that will be next week or not, it was played on the morning show like we had already seen it happen.

ETA: Just found this interesting link to some scoopage on some of the Bs. Is Doug the one who was single-dad arguing with Kalon poolside?

Edited by SaberTail, May 22, 2012 @ 3:09 PM.

Vexer

Vexer

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 8:25 PM

Just saw CH and Emily together on DWTS. Looking cozy. And she was so spray tanned she looked orange

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

Sorry - Double post

Edited by torreador, May 22, 2012 @ 10:25 PM.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

Not sure where this goes, this is from Reality Steve's recp which makes it media??? Anyway, he has an excerpt from Kalon's "auto biography".... apparently Kalon reads Tucker Max (google the web site and check out of few of his anecdotes) and only f*cks supermodels. What a prize he is!

PS - Reality Steve has a longish excerpt from Kalon's bio, but it's impossible to read without seeing the spoilers, ...that's why I didn't provide a link.

Edited by torreador, May 22, 2012 @ 10:39 PM.

LisaNewYork

LisaNewYork

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 1:09 PM

ETA: Just found this interesting link to some scoopage on some of the Bs. Is Doug the one who was single-dad arguing with Kalon poolside?

Yikes! Yes, that's the one. How on earth did someone that scary get past the casting crew? I mean, that's not just "Oh, I got arrested at a protest" or "I got arrested for being drunk and loud at a party, so the neighbors called the cops." That's a pretty serious one. I hope she cuts him soon.

lleykian54

lleykian54

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 12:37 PM

It's interesting reading this stuff about Doug because I was at another site and most were talking about finding Arie really hot but being worried about all the stuff they'd heard about him including his being arrested. So I actually came into the thread expecting to see something about maybe DUI's or even worse. However Arie's arrests just sound like the result of dumb, careless behavior while Doug sounds truly scary.

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2012 @ 8:15 AM

I find it really disturbing that Doug was given full custody of his child after going postal like that.

lleykian54

lleykian54

Couch Potato

Posted May 25, 2012 @ 1:15 PM

Well to be fair, that's actually strong evidence to support the notion that the situation wasn't as it seemed. Supposedly the charges were dropped and his file is cleared so maybe he really didn't do those things and again, it takes a lot for a father to be given full custody over a mother. So yeah, maybe he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by lleykian54, May 25, 2012 @ 1:15 PM.

msburg

msburg

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

Anyway, Emily asked him a question and then interrupted him when he started to answer. He told her to let him finish what he was trying to say, not to jump to a conclusion about what she THOUGHT he was going to say. Cut to Emily's TH: "I like guys who are tall, slender and funny. Not guys who are tall, slender and condescending." (paraphrase)

Well, OK Emily. Getting interrupted, or someone assuming how I'm going to finish my sentence is absolutely my number one pet peeve. I find THOSE people to be rude, arrogant and dismissive.

DebB

DebB

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 7:48 PM

Just found this interesting link to some scoopage on some of the Bs. Is Doug the one who was single-dad arguing with Kalon poolside?

Well to be fair, that's actually strong evidence to support the notion that the situation wasn't as it seemed. Supposedly the charges were dropped and his file is cleared so maybe he really didn't do those things and again, it takes a lot for a father to be given full custody over a mother.

What if the mom is even worse than the dad? Troubled people seem to have a way of finding each other.

Googled the story and also found this link: Bachelorette 2012 Contestant Doug Clerget Has a Violent Past

This information combined with the fact that Alessandro appears to have been literally mentally ill makes me wonder if the Bachelorette people did even the most superficial of background checks and psychological profiles. If we know this much after two episodes, what excuse do they have for not knowing the kinds of people they have on the show? You know the only reason we did not see the TV gold that was Alessandro babbling about vampires was that the producers did not want the audience to know the creepy and/or disturbed people that slipped through this year. That's quite a miss on the part of whoever does the psychological consulting on this show.

Edited by DebB, May 29, 2012 @ 7:58 PM.

slowpoked

slowpoked

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 5:14 PM

edited.

Edited by slowpoked, May 30, 2012 @ 5:25 PM.

slowpoked

slowpoked

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 5:14 PM

This information combined with the fact that Alessandro appears to have been literally mentally ill makes me wonder if the Bachelorette people did even the most superficial of background checks and psychological profiles.

Maybe they did know and did not care? Did not care in the sense that, TPTB knew that with his looks and weirdness that there's no way Emily will make him last until F6 or so, let alone pick him as F1, so why not choose him to be one of the contestants to have some TV fun or TV gold here and there, dependent on the material Alessandro would give them? TPTB probably figured he wouldn't go far enough to harm Emily or be a serious contender anyway so they decided to have a little fun at his expense.

The thing with Doug is a little more complicated, since with his background as a single dad and somehwat above-average looks that Emily may take a liking to him, and ends up as a likely serious contender. But who knows, maybe from looks alone, TPTB has already shown Emily the pictures of the guys before filming started and she already has her mind set of 6 or so guys, and Doug is not one of them, so TPTB thought that he wouldn't be any problem, violent past or not.

Edited by slowpoked, May 30, 2012 @ 5:17 PM.

LuLu123

LuLu123

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

The current issue of US Mag (Kelly Clarkson cover) has a little blurb about Emily's relationship with Ricky Hendrick's parents. Seems they're "livid" about the fact that she's returned to reality TV and are currently "not speaking to her" and that this is "really not the way they saw Emily's future".

That seems a little extreme but it must be hard for the parents to see their son's memory and granddaughter used as bait(for lack of a better word)for The Bachelorette.

The cynic in me has wondered in the past about Emily's relationship with Ricky's parents. Something about this whole story has seemed a bit too perfect to me.

There is also a small picture of Ricky and Emily from 2004 and she looks so naturally beautiful without all the hair and makeup.

ClaireO

ClaireO

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 3, 2012 @ 6:38 AM

The current issue of US Mag (Kelly Clarkson cover) has a little blurb about Emily's relationship with Ricky Hendrick's parents. Seems they're "livid" about the fact that she's returned to reality TV and are currently "not speaking to her" and that this is "really not the way they saw Emily's future".

Yeah, I keep getting the impression that Emily can't wait to get away from the Hendricks and their control over her life. In the first episode, she was describing her life at one point and ended with the statement "I'm only 26" as if it were a wail to be interpreted "somebody get me out of here!" I hope the F1 does exactly that.

And quite frankly, this pisses me off. She's an adult, and the fact that she's the mother of their grandchild doesn't mean they have a right to decide everything for her. I hope she moves far, far away from them.

sistersledge

sistersledge

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 3:21 PM

Last week she tweeted a picture of the four of them at Ricki's dance recital, looking all hugs and smiles, so I'm not sure I'd believe US Weekly.

Makemelaugh

Makemelaugh

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 3:32 PM

I saw that article too in US Weekly and it also cited another source saying that Ricky's parents are very supportive of Emily (paraphrasing--I don't have the magazine here).

DebB

DebB

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

Found this on Entertainment Weekly's website:

Alessandro talks vampires and gets the kiss off from Emily
It becomes even stranger that the show didn't show this when you see that this is the moment that Emily dumps Alessandro, and it was not about the whole "your kid is a compromise" thing. I think it becomes clear after watching this that Emily was not upset about that conversation; she was upset by the weirdo with the crosses talking about vampires.

P.S. Hope others can watch this. I tried reloading the video several times, and I couldn't get it to work again.

eatingchicken

eatingchicken

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 2:50 AM

I was able to watch it... and the vampire thing makes more sense if you look at it as an 'emotional vampire' rather than him believing that Dracula lived in the house. And considering how upset some of the guys got this season about their time with Emily being cut into, building a little cross shelter to keep away the emotional vampires is both cool and wacky at the same time.

Edited by eatingchicken, Jun 5, 2012 @ 2:53 AM.

rivermet

rivermet

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 7:45 AM

So I've been trying to figure out what exactly Arie is doing as a "race car driver" since he hasn't raced competitively in any sort of real racing circuit for about two years.

Then I opened up my newspaper this morning and the Indianapolis Star had the scoop. It said he now works for Indy Racing Experience, which means he is one of the drivers of a two-seater Indy car that gives rides around the track to rich people who can afford it. He travels the circuit to do so, along with Mario Andretti and a few others. The article had a picture of Andretti giving Arie a rose, saying he is taking a lot of ribbing around the shop from those trying to get him to spill the beans.

Valen

Valen

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 10:14 AM

I saw Emily on Jimmy Kimmel and I was amazed. Who was that woman with all the personality and snark? I have never seen her on the Bachelor/Bachelorette. That woman looks fun. She also looked media savy and like she's had some work done. I kept having the feeling that I should recognize her (even though I knew who she was) but I didn't. Her face seems different somehow. She definitely knows what she's doing and I think she played those producers perfectly.

SaberTail

SaberTail

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 12:17 PM

Wow, for sure that bachelor house is full of emotional vampires, eatingchicken. Thanks for that link. I totally agree that the woodsy alcove would make a great place to get away from the CHECK IT!s going on in that place. I felt Alessandro had a communication issue, using the wrong words. It could have been a translation thing or maybe he really was whack. He did like his gypsy lifestyle however, so it's good he got sent home regardless of the reason.

JenE4

JenE4

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 7:39 PM

Sorry, on my phone so can't hyperlink or post a direct link, but here's a really funny spoof of the Bachelor with Ben Stiller, Michael Ian Black, etc. Part 3 is definitely NSFW, so perhaps watch all three segments in private just in case. I also apologize if I'm not supposed to post things not directly from/about the Bachelor, but they got the stereotypes down--including 3 dental hygienists and even the camera angles to the limo, lol.

http://www.huffingto...html?ref=comedy

little peach

little peach

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 8:13 PM

Ok, I LOVED "Burning Love!" So funny and well done. Will also be watching for more!

dreams4real

dreams4real

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 11:08 AM

Roberto Martinez Being Considered as Next Bachelor

http://www.people.co...0601554,00.html

Edited by dreams4real, Jun 6, 2012 @ 11:12 AM.