Glark

Glark

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 4:11 PM

Media-y!

oompah

oompah

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2007 @ 11:04 PM

Press release with description of first show.

chaserla

chaserla

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 1:31 AM

Pictures of the Bachorlettes are up!

The Bachorlettes

atlpeach

atlpeach

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 11:42 AM

I also have what most would call an "unconventional" name but "Bettina", "Estefania", and "McCarten" are new to me...

And so many shades of the same blonde hair! It's going to take me half the season keep their names straight...

boat cat

boat cat

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 12:47 PM

Is this the first time in bachelor history where there aren't two contestants with the same name?

duckierose

duckierose

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 3:33 PM

They all look the same to me.

rhody

rhody

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2007 @ 4:05 PM

Not a knockout in the bunch, so they had better bring the crazy.

wholia

wholia

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 10:18 AM

There are several good contenders for the Krazy Eyes -- e.g., Jessica, Kristy & Melissa. I think that the odds of the crazy being brought-en range from good to Allie "Rotten Eggs" G

Edited by wholia, Sep 20, 2007 @ 7:37 AM.

Celina

Celina

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 10:38 AM

I'm pegging Erin as the "statuesque blonde" who strips down to her bikini during the opening night soiree.

McCarten looks like she's 12. Michele looks like a MAN, BABY!! To me, Sheena is the most attractive. Rigina, too, and I hope she's the first "Token" to make to to the "finals." Of course, I may change my mind if I end up not giving her my First Impression rose.

Haley17

Haley17

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 2:33 PM

Is there some bachelorette handbook I am unaware of? For instance...

1. All hair shall be straight or mildly wavey, highlighted, at least shoulder length, and parted slightly off center.

I can look around my office of six women and see more hairstyle variety.

friesianfew

friesianfew

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 21, 2007 @ 10:22 AM

I can look around my office of six women and see more hairstyle variety.

True, but you live in reality, I am sure they are contractually obligated to look like that.

animalia

animalia

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 1:59 PM

According to the press release, Brad's twin brother is named Chad. Awesome. Unfortunately the other brother's name isn't Tad. That would be even awesomer.

M Cubed

M Cubed

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 24, 2007 @ 10:33 AM

According to the press release, Brad's twin brother is named Chad. Awesome. Unfortunately the other brother's name isn't Tad. That would be even awesomer.

Maybe we should call him Tad anyway, just for fun. Or we could just refer to him as "the other brother, the lad."

TalkyTina

TalkyTina

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 5:47 PM

Ok, I’m not sure this is the proper place, but I have to ask: What the fug is up with Michele?! Those teeth! The streaks! The mannish glance that says “I want to rip you into pieces with my bare manhands”!

oompah

oompah

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 4:18 AM

Teets, this is what Michele really looks like. She needs to fire her hairdresser!

TalkyTina

TalkyTina

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 9:29 AM

Ok, that picture is way better. Thanks oompy. (Good to see you!)

SparksFan59

SparksFan59

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 2:20 PM

This is a real fun interview with our newest Bachelor. He comes across as just a regular nice guy. I quite like him.

Charming Interview with Brad

talkinghead

talkinghead

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 7:31 PM

What a great interview! I like the fact that for the most part it wasn't a bunch of hackneyed phrases (although I heard "journey" "connection" and "amazing" a few too many times to count).

Still reserving judgment until we see more interaction with the ladies, but so far so good with the bachelor.

Research Girl

Research Girl

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2007 @ 3:02 AM

Bettina interviewed by the Washington Post

I never would have guessed that Bettina and Tessa were childhood friends.

At least Bettina seems to have some perspective

On air, she claimed to be "completely falling in love." But she told us "it was more of a crush, magnified by the fact that there are 24 other women who are digging the guy you dig. So it's blown out of proportion. . . .

VAHokies

VAHokies

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2007 @ 11:33 PM

'Bachelor' Creator on Brad's Double Diss

sgupta4

sgupta4

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2007 @ 11:38 PM

Thanks for the link to the article, VAHokies. So, there is going to be a B'ette next summer.

lulee

lulee

Stalker

Posted Nov 21, 2007 @ 1:07 AM

From that article:

Can you give us any insight? Or will it all be revealed on the After the Final Rose special tonight?
He'll give it some explanation, like he just sort of woke up that day, was cranky, and sort of said, ''F--- it.'' He couldn't see himself with either of those chicks and so he blew them both off.

As a producer, were you thinking you struck gold or that this would ruin your franchise?
We knew it was going to be controversial and that some people would say, ''F--- that. I'm never watching the show again.'' But it's not supposed to be a guaranteed proposal. It's about how men and women relate and date. It's about getting into the mind of a single guy and the mind of a single girl, and we certainly got that. What he did was the thing that women fear the most — he became intimate and then split the next day. The fact that it happened to two girls at once was a unique opportunity.

Why am I not surprised that Fleiss comes off like a sleaze?

Shant

Shant

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2007 @ 1:26 AM

I'm not either. He was really trying to push it all onto Brad. Even implying sex. I've read more than once that Brad didn't have sex with anyone and he has stressed this. Brad sure isn't perfect but I do buy this. Could be wrong, but for now I buy it.

Didn't you just love the ending that Fleiss wanted to have originally? (sarcasm)So classy.(sarcasm)

reasontobelieve

reasontobelieve

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 21, 2007 @ 1:28 AM

I loved that ending. It would have been perfect!

VAHokies

VAHokies

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2007 @ 6:39 PM

Jen Schefft Supports Bachelor Brad’s Choice Not to Choose

Kalyne

Kalyne

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 22, 2007 @ 1:40 AM

What he did was the thing that women fear the most — he became intimate and then split the next day. The fact that it happened to two girls at once was a unique opportunity.

Well, Fleiss pretty much confirms what I thought happened. Brad wanted to have sex with Jenni and DeAnna, said what he needed to to get them both to that point, then lost interest after the "conquest".

He'll give it some explanation, like he just sort of woke up that day, was cranky, and sort of said, ''F--- it.'' He couldn't see himself with either of those chicks and so he blew them both off.

Classic MO, for a certain type of man. I feel I understand Brad better (and still dislike him) after reading the Fleiss comments.

After saying Brad was "a great guy" (?), Fleiss added, "I wish he would have been a little more committed to making those girls happy too....Those girls really put themselves out there. Jenni might have been more open with her emotions than any other girl in the history of the show...You felt like she was truly in love....When he and Jenni were together they couldn't keep their hands off each other....I really felt for her. I felt myself tearing up, which almost never happens."

Not only was Brad evidentally quite a player, but he -really- had that act down well.

At least Fleiss confirmed a "Bachelorette" for the fall. Personally, like many others here, I think that's a much more workable and (usually) enjoyable premise.

Edited by Kalyne, Nov 22, 2007 @ 1:49 AM.

rhody

rhody

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2007 @ 7:41 PM

As Paul Simon would sing about Jen, "Still Delusional After All These Years."
Her double standard argument is just a steaming load. She didn't get criticized because she chose herself, but because she had the boyfriend stashed away during production of the show. I'm just disappointed that Arriana gave her the space to whine.

Shira

Shira

Fanatic

Posted Nov 23, 2007 @ 1:34 PM

Re: the Jen Schefft interview: What planet is she living on where Brad hasn't been criticized for his decision? (Did she even see ATFR with the booing audience and the line of questioning from Chris? She's obviously never read anything on this site with all of the "tool" references to Brad.) And her ridiculous comment that Jennifer Aniston received "the majority of the negative publicity" when her marriage failed? WTF is she blathering on about? Her planet obviously doesn't stock up on all of the supermarket rags that are STILL (how many years and children later?) portraying Jolie & Pitt as the bitch & bastard who ruined poor Jennifer Aniston's life.

And yes, the majority of viewers are pissed at Jen S. for the boyfriend on the side and therefore wasting everyone's time going on the show just to be a fame ho--not for rejecting the two proposals.

Earth to Jen Schefft: You clearly have no clue, and you never did.

Jenni might have been more open with her emotions than any other girl in the history of the show...You felt like she was truly in love....When he and Jenni were together they couldn't keep their hands off each other....I really felt for her. I felt myself tearing up, which almost never happens."

That quote from Fleiss, along with Chris Harrison's obvious affection for Jenni, make it seem likely that she will be asked to be the next Bachelorette--if she finishes any unfinished biz with her ex-beau, that is. If they pick Deanna, I will snooze right through that season. Nice and very pretty, but she always talked to Brad like she was reading the quarterly financial reports.

Fleiss comes off as such an a-hole. Calling women "chicks" in a media interview--okay, fine with your locker room buddies, but grow up and act like a professional when you're giving quotes to the press. Also, he's obviously pissed at Brad--as is Chris--for ruining the fairy tale ending and thus endangering their paychecks. As he said, the network wasn't happy with the way yet another Bachelor series ended (i.e., relationship up in flames).

Edited by Shira, Nov 23, 2007 @ 1:49 PM.

felixthecat

felixthecat

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 23, 2007 @ 1:47 PM

Jen Schefft is bitter she couldn't close the deal with the hipster club owner boyfriend. And she got caught lying on tv. Look, the woman is a mendacious weasel unworthy of anything more than a laugh.

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Nov 23, 2007 @ 1:53 PM

Seriously, Fleiss is not anyone from whom I'd take any information about anyone's motives with anything other than a grain of salt. Half a grain. A quarter-grain.