Catalina Aruca: More Than Just the Maid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

9 replies to this topic

American Snob

American Snob

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 4:35 PM

I love Catalina, she's probably the third strongest character behind Earl and Joy. The things I like about Catalina are she's part of the gang and she doesn't let anybody walk all over her. She's also Randy's crush so I love her for that even though she doesn't see it as so.

jhlipton

jhlipton

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 6:27 PM

Reading the recap, I was saddened that they took the friendship between Randy and Catalina and smacked it upside the head with a rotten fish. Maybe they had painted themselves into a corner but there had to be a better way out than what they did. (Thdey handled Earl's professor friend MUCH better!)

Edited by jhlipton, Sep 13, 2007 @ 6:27 PM.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 7:01 PM

Maybe they had painted themselves into a corner

Indeed, the 'resolution' of that arc was one of the worst cases of 'we don't know how to fix this, so let's just throw something together and move on' I've seen on TV.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Sep 15, 2007 @ 3:28 PM

Sorry to say, but Catalina is my least favorite character. I like all the other main and secondary characters much better than her.

BTW, someone in another thread mentioned that Catalina looks strange in the Free Earl commercial. I just saw it, and yes she does. Certainly at her age should would not get -- or need -- any cosmetic procedures on her face, but she looks very VERY different to me.

NoirCommeMoi

NoirCommeMoi

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2007 @ 1:07 PM

A thousand thank yous, PAB! I was the one who thought there something off about Catalina, and I saw the abridged commercial on TV again and I still think the same thing. I still haven't seen the whole thing, though, so again I dunno. Maybe a weird camera angle? In any case, I'm just relieved that it's not just me.

Hannibal Khan

Hannibal Khan

Fanatic

• Location:Tennessee, in the middle of the godforsaken Red States.

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 9:50 AM

I loved that her character tried to make herself as unappealing as possible, only to have the best sex of her life with Randy.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Dec 6, 2007 @ 8:39 PM

Aw. It was sweet of her to go to the prison to see Earl get released; I don't know why, but it seems like a bigger and more surprising gesture on her part than on Randy's or Joy's or Crab Man's. I really like their friendship.

Plus, her role in the escape was really funny ("I need a ride to planned parenthood or some spiritual advice on whether or not to keep my baby."), and she got my favorite line in the episode ("If I don't get a seat on the bus, I have to stand and hold the pole. It feels like work.")

birdythurs

birdythurs

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2008 @ 8:22 AM

Does anybody know if Paco will be coming back this season? I missed most of last year (although I did see "Love Octagon," when they were reunited) and wondered if he ever had to deal with her working as a stripper, Randy, etc. Since I have a huge soft spot for Raymond Cruz, and hoped to see him do something other than "badass," I wondered if y'all knew. Thanks!

frosty

frosty

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 28, 2008 @ 10:47 AM

Reading the recap, I was saddened that they took the friendship between Randy and Catalina and smacked it upside the head with a rotten fish. Maybe they had painted themselves into a corner but there had to be a better way out than what they did.

What DID happen with that? The last ep I saw was when Catalina nastied herself up only to have the best sex ever, with Randy, like Hannibal Khan said.

Gulftastic

Gulftastic

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2009 @ 12:22 PM

As muich as I like seeing her in her stripper clothes, it's getting a bit gratuatous in the recent eps shown here in the UK (fourth series).

They don't even bother coming with an excuse for her to be dressed that way. She just in in the story.