Harry Would Be Proud: The Awards Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

95 replies to this topic

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

• Interests:Twisted shows (obviously!), bulldogs, mergers & acquisitions, private equity, expensive shoes, sports of all kinds but mostly fantasy football, UGA football, and college bball, rooting for Boston sports while exploring the super fun single life of NYC and people assuming you are a jerk because you like Boston :)

Posted Dec 15, 2011 @ 12:55 PM

http://www.usatoday....ions/51956166/1

Golden Globe noms out today... and in keeping with the theme of this season, ZERO noms for Dexter as a show, for MCH, or for the incredibly deserving and perennially overlooked JC who has kicked total ass this season with her performance.

The Golden Globes are kind of lame but still I hope the Dexter masterminds realize that this is the first year this has happened so something must not be quite right.

However, for the many of us who have begun following Homeland, as expected nominations out the wazoo there. Nothing for Mandy P. though, kind of disappointing. I think they should go ahead and FedEx Claire Danes hers now.

SDcat2009

SDcat2009

Stalker

Posted Dec 15, 2011 @ 1:17 PM

I have no problem with Dexter being overlooked. It's been less than stellar and too many other shows are better right now. I love Dexter, I've watched every season, but I honestly don't think they deserve any noms aside from acting for JC.

That said they were nominated for SAG Awards for Best Drama Ensemble.

HeroBrown1

HeroBrown1

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 15, 2011 @ 1:31 PM

The GG and SAG are pretty tricky when it comes to supporting actors. The GG supporting actor categories not only cover drama series, but also comedy AND mini-series actors. All the supporting actors from different genres are lumped in one category while lead actors get their own separate categories. The SAG awards have no supporting categories either, only "Outstanding Female Actress/Actor."

That said I'm not too surprised JC wasn't nominated. She has been amazing this season, but she was up against varied competition and "big name" actresses (and awards shows LOVE that). It would have been awesome to see her nominated, though.

Edited by HeroBrown1, Dec 15, 2011 @ 1:32 PM.

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

• Interests:Twisted shows (obviously!), bulldogs, mergers & acquisitions, private equity, expensive shoes, sports of all kinds but mostly fantasy football, UGA football, and college bball, rooting for Boston sports while exploring the super fun single life of NYC and people assuming you are a jerk because you like Boston :)

Posted Dec 16, 2011 @ 11:32 AM

HB1 and SDCat I agree w you completely the noms are not deserved this year for the show or anyone but JC... but I just hope that the people writing/running the show realize this represents a departure bc MCH and the show have been perennial nominees for years now, and that is indicative of a quality decline and not simply increased competition from new shows.

I get that it's hard with the Golden Globes bc of how they categorize supporting actors/actresses (though I would argue that JC should be not supporting at this point) so I'm not exactly surprised, but still, damn does she get no love from these folks or any other awards folks. I kind of wonder what sort of campaigning or lack thereof SHO did here, or has done historically, on her behalf. Lame, SHO. I feel like she has deserved recognition for years now.

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 11:31 AM

Just a heads up- Emmy noms are out- and MCH got one for Dexter this year. For real. I love him, I really do, but I honestly think if has any integrity he will 1) not attend and/or 2) decline the nomination. His performance was good, but the material was so terrible, I can't see him as an actor wanting to win for this season. This is not on par with a David Fisher performance or even an earlier season Dexter performance. Tell me he has more personal integrity than that.

And guess who the first guest actor EVER on Dexter to not get an Emmy nom is.... Colin Hanks. Thanks Emmys for getting it right. Shame on you TWoP for putting his name on your "suggested nominees" list about a month ago!

Again Deb gets boned as a supporting actress.... do they really need to nominate the whole supporting cast of the Good Wife & Downton Abbey? I guess maybe next year when/if the show is better they will deserve to be nominated for and even maybe win some awards.

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 11:42 PM

I'm so in agreement, LevitateMe. MCH is an incredible actor and it's a crying shame that he was never awarded an Emmy for SFU. He's done some fine work on this show as well but the last season wasn't his best, IMO. Maybe because the season was so bad, it distracted me from his individual performance.
His category is so tough this year that I can't see him winning at all. I really wish MCH had won last year when Bryan Cranston was ineligible.