The Meet Market: Living In A Devil Town

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

852 replies to this topic

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 6:10 PM

You might be the devil. Discuss.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 7:02 PM

YAY! Definitely one of the shows I'm most looking forward to along with Chuck and Sarah Connor Chronicles. The CW may yet prove itself a worthy contender.

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

• Interests:http://myspace.com/roxievelma<br />http://lifetimemovieaddikt.blogspot.com

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 7:06 PM

Well, the devil didn't make me say this, but I'm really looking forward to this show for two words: Ray Wise. Man, has scared the shit out of me for years and I love every second of it.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 7:10 PM

I like Ray Wise's Satan - kinda slickery. Anyway, I won't post here much, but I'm glad to see it getting capped.

The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 7:11 PM

*JOYGASM!*

Oh, man, I cannot wait for this!

Is it too early for a "Comparisons to other shows" thread? Because I have the pefect thread title and opening post in mind.

Edited by The 2nd Evil, Sep 12, 2007 @ 7:13 PM.

quietone

quietone

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 7:27 PM

Another new show I will be checking out. My DVR is going to explode.

likeelectric

likeelectric

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:TV! Music, books, politics, and pop culture.

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 7:32 PM

I am going to live for these recaps because in this timeslot I am already watching House! So yay TWoP!!!

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 7:47 PM

Awesome! I was hoping Reaper would be recapped!

The CW may yet prove itself a worthy contender.

Indeed it might. Maybe Reaper can do for the CW what Buffy did for the WB.

ThatBadgerChick

ThatBadgerChick

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 7:50 PM

Excellent! This is one of the few new fall shows I'm planning to watch (or at least TiFaux). And if Miss Alli is recapping, I am all in!

shadowguy

shadowguy

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 9:08 PM

I'll be checking out the show. It looks very fun. It helps that the Missy Peregrym is going to be in it!

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 9:11 PM

I will not be the recapper, but you will be well cared for.

getbusychild

getbusychild

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 9:18 PM

*whistles*....Check out the shiny new digs!

I cannot wait to see this, it's one of my top 5 new shows this fall, yay!!

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 10:31 PM

Color me surprised that the show is getting recapped. Surprised and stoked, that is.

I probably won't be spending much time in here (because MMs that I try to frequent never, ever, ever get used by anyone but me, and then I lose interest because everyone has already lost interest and it makes me sad...) but I'm just glad it's here. Woo.

Shattered Life

Shattered Life

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 2:36 AM

Hah! Look at all the devil puns. So glad we got picked up by TWoP. I just hope it lasts.

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 8:29 AM

I've been looking forward to this show, too. It seems like Brimstone and The Collector, only quirkier.

Don't know if I'll be able to drag myself away from the Heroes MM long enough to post here often, but I'll definitely be checking back in.

Kahhhn

Kahhhn

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 8:57 AM

I will not be the recapper, but you will be well cared for.

Can I vote for OMAR, or is it to late? His Smallville recaps are hilarious and I think recapping this show is the perfect match.

Kaitlin862

Kaitlin862

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 12:08 PM

I am very excited that this show is getting recapped and a full forum. I have mentioned the show to a few of my TV friends at work and I got the look of "oh boy yet another show we won't watch". Its the curse of young networks like CW, UPN and the such, I got the same reaction to Verionica Mars.

JerseyGirl291

JerseyGirl291

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 12:09 PM

Hi guys, I'm Jerseygirl! I'm so excited that Reaper is going to be recapped, too, though I am definitely not surprised. This is one of the two shows that I am most eagerly anticipating, the other being Pushing Daisies, though I am really interested in checking out a few others including Dirty Sexy Money, Chuck, Gossip Girl. I live over in the Buffy/Angel forums, and I'm worried that my DVR too will explode. Ahhh... :D

The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil

Stalker

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 3:20 PM

From the Announcements thread:

I'm totally gonna let you guys have cake for breakfast. Devil's food cake.

Our Mod is awesome.

There. Are. No. Words.

Edited by The 2nd Evil, Sep 13, 2007 @ 4:16 PM.

Veryslightlymad

Veryslightlymad

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 9:41 PM

Show looks almost too good to be true. I've wanted a good old fashioned fantasy or sci-fi show that I could put up with since Firefly went down. This seems like it's exactly what I need.

Unusual Suspect

Unusual Suspect

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 11:36 AM

Saw the leaked pilot and loved it. Commercials have been airing like mad for it on CITYTV, the Canadian station that's going to air it. And everytime, my parents look at me and go, "Son ..."

LostinFlight

LostinFlight

Stalker

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 2:08 PM

As much as I love this type of show, I'm afraid I might become totally obsessed with it and then it will get cancelled, like the majority of my favorite shows, just because of the time slots and or wrong network. But hey, two otherworldly shows are on the CW and are still going strong and I'm just as obsessed with them, (with Supernatural way more, than Smallville). I guess this show has the same potential to keep going and I'll give it a try.

I don't know how often I'll post in here, because I'm not really sure what to post in these kinds of treads usually. lol

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 6:18 PM

You can talk about anything you want (that doesn't go anywhere else on the forums) like how your kids are doing, your dog, cat, goldfish, how the marching band did, what kind of mileage your car gets, etc.

The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil

Stalker

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 8:04 PM

My car recently crossed the 50,000 mile mark.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 8:44 PM

Mine's at around 11,000. I also named her Kate. :)

The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil

Stalker

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 10:54 PM

What kind of car is Kate?

Mine doesn't have a name, but is a 2001 Ford Focus.

kuromaku

kuromaku

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 11:03 PM

Hey, mine just crossed the 100 mile mark! Haven't named it yet because I can't do that until I manage to separate myself over the last one, which is still sitting there looking old and lonely (sniff!)

Yeah, I'm taking the whole car thing just a bit too seriously.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Sep 15, 2007 @ 12:37 AM

My car recently crossed the 50,000 mile mark.

Mine crossed the 100,000 mile mark at the beginning of the year. I'm not the original owner though. It used to belong to my grandfather.

I have a cat.

The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil

Stalker

Posted Sep 15, 2007 @ 12:50 AM

I have a cat.

I'm allergic.

amikaro

amikaro

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2007 @ 8:16 AM

Hey everyone, I'm amikaro from Switzerland and already giddy with excitement about this fall season's new and old shows (okay, for Grey's Anatomy it's more "cautiously hopeful" than "giddy")!

Also, I do not have a car, nor pets, nor plants. Car would be of no use since I live in a city and parking would be a very expensive. Pets are a lot of responsibility and I have a terrible track record (mum had vet put down dog and told me and dad that it got lost in the woods, hamster jumped from 2nd floor balcony, then crossed the street and then got killed by neighbour's cat, bird escaped through open window, second bird "escaped" through open window with mum's help). And as for plants, I either forget to water them or I water them too often. Either way, they die. Fast.

I post and mostly lurk in tons of boards here on TWOP (and only here, cause I can't stand the spelling and formatting in other forums anymore since I got used to this one) and have been very happy about the shiny new forums for all my favourite shows!