Ratings & Scheduling: Dish Network

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1004 replies to this topic

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 7:39 PM

Is it set yet just how many episodes there will be in the 6th season?

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 8:22 AM

Light of Night All of the media I've read about next season has said 13 episodes. This seems like enough to tie down story lines without allowing the powers that be to write themselves into several more corners. Hopefully they will do that and whatever brain bending, wildly inconsistent "end game" maneuvers they have had in mind and the final 13 episodes won't make me sad.

Limabean

Limabean

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 10:01 AM

Originally, the word was 11 episodes and then during the upfronts one of the CW network honchos said that the number wasn't set yet and S6 would be somewhere between 11-13 eps and the show would end at the Dec hiatus. It also sounds like they're going to do a an hour long series retrospective. I'm guessing that they'll do a 2 hr finale night with the look-back the first hour or the look-back will air the week prior to the finale. I just don't know if the look-back is going to be included as part of the episode count once the final number is announced.

keepwalking

keepwalking

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 1:46 PM

Ratings for last night's episode:

Gossip Girl 0.4 - 768,000

Good thing this show only has a few more episodes left. Sad, but not unexpected, that the premiere couldn't even break 1 million viewers.

babybluez

babybluez

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 3:02 PM

So I guess this proves Dair wasnt responsible for the low ratings lol. Blair crawls back to Chuck and now even less people are watching.

ParadoxLost

ParadoxLost

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

Ratings for last night's episode:

Gossip Girl 0.4 - 768,000

Good thing this show only has a few more episodes left. Sad, but not unexpected, that the premiere couldn't even break 1 million viewers.

Wasn't Gossip Girl always second, behind Supernatural, on a dismal network? Maybe I'm remembering the wrong season? "Gossip Girl" got beat by every show on the CW last week except "The Next" and the "Hart of Dixie" Friday rerun. Gossip Girl couldn't retain the 90210 viewers. LOL

Just desserts. No matter if you ship or not, the bait and switch this show pulls by telling a story all season, going 180 degrees in the finale deserves an exodus of viewers. .

Edited by ParadoxLost, Oct 9, 2012 @ 8:09 PM.

keepwalking

keepwalking

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

I don't really know what kind of ratings OTH received in its last season, but when I watched OTH it usually out performed Gossip Girl. It looks like Nikita outperformed Gossip Girl in the past, too. Smallville was getting 2 million + in its tenth season. Maybe GG is close to what America's Next Top Model rates?

Gossip Girl has pretty much always been one of the lowest rated CW shows. There is no telling how the CW will perform now that OTH and Smallville are no longer on the air. SPN almost hit 2 million, which is good for a show in it's eighth season.

The nonsensical relationships and complete turn around in characters actions is very off putting. Also, this show has never had a good relationship foundation (not even with Blair and Serena!) or a really rootable couple, IMO.

Edited by keepwalking, Oct 9, 2012 @ 10:30 PM.

Frelling Tralk

Frelling Tralk

Fanatic

Posted Oct 16, 2012 @ 11:24 AM

On The CW, 90210 earned a 0.6 among adults 18-49, up 50% from a 0.4 for last week's season premiere. Gossip Girl garnered a 0.4 matching the season premieres' 0.4 last week.

http://tvbythenumber...age-2/#comments

At the rate things are going it doesn't look like any episodes for this season will get over a million viewers, they've still only got 0.76 mill this week

sammiekay

sammiekay

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 8:16 PM

Everything I saw online said tonight was supposed to be a new episode, but my CW channel is showing a rerun from last week. Does anyone know what's up?

Edited by sammiekay, Oct 29, 2012 @ 8:17 PM.

ScarletPrincess

ScarletPrincess

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 8:30 PM

Probably due to the hurricane. CBS is running repeats all night. So many people are without power.

Mwcdeb8r

Mwcdeb8r

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 30, 2012 @ 8:36 AM

And for those of us that were actually in the path of the storm and had power (i.e. Southern inland, NJ), we got constant news coverage of the hurricane. ON EVERY TELEVISION NETWORK. So I was really excited for the pure escapism of Gossip Girl. Only I got reruns of How I Met Your Mother and Two Broke Girls. Ugh. Really?

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2012 @ 10:30 AM

At the end of the rerun of 6.03, the network showed a promo for 6.05. Does this mean they're not going to broadcast 6.04 at all?

swampy

swampy

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 30, 2012 @ 5:40 PM

It looks like the whole season has just been pushed back a week.

azazel

azazel

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 1, 2012 @ 3:05 PM

They're showing 6x04 on Saturday here in Philadelphia (which, could they care any less about this show? Saturday, seriously?) and it looks like 6x05 will be shown on Monday. Don't know about anywhere else.

Also, according to Ausiello, they'll be showing the series finale on Dec. 17, and it's a two-hour "event" with the first hour devoted to a retrospective with clips and interviews. So I guess we'll get everyone talking about how GG was their big break, so in a way they're still grateful, but taking thinly veiled shots at how much they hate the show nowadays. And Leighton will look dead-eyed, Blake will look like she wants to be anywhere else in the world, Penn will look like he's refraining from rolling his eyes, Ed will look bored, and Chace will look...well, okay, the same as always. You know, basically the way they've looked on the show this season.

Edited by azazel, Nov 1, 2012 @ 3:06 PM.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2012 @ 10:27 AM

Where I am in N. CA they aren't showing episode 4 until next Monday and number five the following week.