Gossip Girl In The Media

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3725 replies to this topic

Sars

Sars

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 4:07 PM

Newsy!

harlowe

harlowe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 1:37 AM

New York Times article

Edited by harlowe, Sep 13, 2007 @ 1:37 AM.

shalia17

shalia17

Fanatic

• Interests:Music, Shopping, College, NABA, Step Squad, TV, Movies, Dining out, dancing, singing, TWOP,facebook,etc...

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 10:24 AM

First ten minutes of the show are up.

Sneak Peek

TWoP Bayliss

TWoP Bayliss

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 10:36 AM

We're counting network sneaks as media releases, for lack of a better word, until we find out if this is going to be a regular marketing issue, so feel free to discuss it here.

minneapple

minneapple

Stalker

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 10:45 AM

The show is getting a ton of press as the premiere date approaches:

San Jose Mercury News story

Leighton Meester AP interview

Josh Schwartz interview

TV squad story

WazzuJoe

WazzuJoe

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 12:25 PM

The long-form preview video of Gossip Girl, as released by the CW:

Gossip Girl Preview

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 8:38 PM

Three of the GG cast members are featured in this month's Teen Vogue annual "Young Hollywood" feature:

Of Leighton Meester:

At 21, Leighton has been acting for almost ten years, but her new TV gig as prep-school socialite Blair Waldorf in The O.C. creator Josh Schwartz's Gossip Girl could make her famous. "Next time you see me," she says, "I'm going to be in sunglasses with bodyguards. Just kidding! I just hope that people watch the show."

Of Penn Badgley:

Penn, 20, stars as Dan, Gossip Girl's outcast, but it's not easy. "I've played nerdy guys before, but I try to make them cool," he says. "Now I'm going to embrace what Dan is." It shouldn't cost him too many admirers: "I get fan mail," Penn admits. "Though I'm not sure how to handle it. If I only answer some letters, is that morally right?"

Of Taylor Momsen:

This year, Taylor, fourteen, plays two very different girls named "Jennifer," with the premieres of director Gus Van Sant's new film, Paranoid Park (as "a status-obsessed cheerleader"), and The CW's Gossip Girl (as a naive New York high school freshman). "I started acting when I was three," she says. "My first major gilm was How the Grinch Stole Christmas. And it all kind of went from there."

roybetter

roybetter

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 2:51 AM

The whole pilot is available for free on Itunes.

guinevere79

guinevere79

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 10:30 PM

First time to post here, and as a long-time fan of the books, I've been waiting for this show to air since I first heard about it.

I've seen the few clips only, and so far, so good. I'm downloading the pilot on iTunes now so I'll be back with my thoughts in a while.

Suburban Knight

Suburban Knight

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 11:06 PM

roybetter, can you please tell me where I can find the pilot, and if it is available in Canada?

It may not be avalible in the Canadian iTunes store, if it's not, there should be a drop-down box named 'My Store', with a list of countries. Simply change to it United States, and you should be able to find it then.

Edited by Suburban Knight, Sep 14, 2007 @ 11:08 PM.

sols

sols

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 11:52 PM

Thanks for that tip! I'm also a non-US viewer and would like to see the pilot on iTunes. I'm not sure when it will be premiering in Australia but I've seen the ads so hopefully in the next 2 weeks. I haven't read the books but I liked what I saw in the handful of clips plus the first 10 minutes on Yahoo.

Edit: Well the pilot on iTunes doesn't seem to work for non-US users :-( I guess I'll have to wait until it airs here.

Edited by sols, Sep 15, 2007 @ 12:04 AM.

yogalites

yogalites

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 15, 2007 @ 6:36 AM

Topic.

Edited by TWoP Bayliss, Sep 15, 2007 @ 1:34 PM.

teeveefiend

teeveefiend

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2007 @ 2:41 PM

I haven't read the Gossip Girl series, but I caught the first ten minutes of the show on yahoo and I was hooked! Can't wait for the premiere.

mmartine

mmartine

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 15, 2007 @ 7:46 PM

A New York Times article analyzing how realistic the show is, My So-Called Gossipy Life.

LA Times article/interview with Josh Schwartz, 'Gossip Girl' courts 'The O.C.' crowd

Variety Review

Edited by mmartine, Sep 15, 2007 @ 8:07 PM.

loseresque

loseresque

Stalker

Posted Sep 15, 2007 @ 9:32 PM

Penn Badgley is one of People's Hot Guys of Fall TV.

TeeVee329

TeeVee329

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2007 @ 9:47 AM

http://community.tvg...ossip/800022278

Ausiello has casting scoop about Vanessa. I posted more about it in the Spoiler Discussion thread.

amygdala

amygdala

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 5:53 PM

Okay, so I know it's pretty early to start a HoYay! thread (well, in this case, a LezYay!) but there is some serious eye-fucking going on here. I thought from some accounts at the TCA they hated each other? Interesting.

EmpressbyNature

EmpressbyNature

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 10:46 PM

Well, the TCA report was just Ausiello being (pun'd) gossipy and trying to start up drama. I read an article where a reporter visited on set and they were chummy and singing tunes.

Rirons

Rirons

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 20, 2007 @ 10:03 AM

There is a short writeup on last night's premiere here.

The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil

Stalker

Posted Sep 22, 2007 @ 10:56 PM

That was a great write-up, too.

Dulcinea815

Dulcinea815

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 12:32 AM

Don't know if this counts, but Gossip Girl was mentioned during this week's Best Week Ever. There was some pretty good snark.

River Run

River Run

Stalker

Posted Sep 23, 2007 @ 7:30 PM

Not what was discussed on BWE (it was all about Chuck's date raping skills), but here is a "review" from BWE

Wacoshade

Wacoshade

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 8:48 AM

(it was all about Chuck's date raping skills)

"Is that what this show is about?" [/d bensen]

The BWE snark was funny. I don't think a lot of this show, but I had enough spare cash to add it to my TvBigShot network. So.... go show?

TeeVee329

TeeVee329

Stalker

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 11:02 AM

The Futon Critic has this description for episode 4, titled "Bad News Blair."

FASHION VICTIM Blair (Leighton Meester) is thrilled when her mother, Eleanor (Margaret Colin), chooses her to be the new face of her clothing line. However, Blair's happiness soon turns to feelings of betrayal and jealousy when Serena (Blake Lively) moves into the spotlight and Blair is finds herself back in Serena's shadow. Meanwhile, Serena and Dan (Penn Badgley) are reminded once again that they come from two very different worlds, and Nate (Chace Crawford) and Chuck (Ed Westwick) indulge in a boys' weekend to blow off steam after Ivy Week. Taylor Momsen, Kelly Rutherford and Matthew Settle also star. The episode directed by Patrick Norris was written by Joshua Safran (#103).

Heh, I'm loving the titles.

WazzuJoe

WazzuJoe

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 5:38 PM

They've got a web-only preview from tonight's show. Worth checking out (you know you love me) the fallout after the Dan-Serena date...

Hey, we've all been there, Dan.

It can be found here or if they move it later, here.

Rirons

Rirons

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 1:55 PM

Recap of last night's episode here.

monef

monef

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 2:08 PM

This week's print issue of Entertainment Weekly lists Gossip Girl on its Must List (10 Things We Love This Week)

hollywoodx

hollywoodx

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 2, 2007 @ 5:40 PM

Yay!! That makes me happy. Hopefully a lot of people who didn't tune in over the past two weeks will check it out tomorrow.

monef

monef

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2007 @ 4:08 PM

That is exactly what I am hoping for. Even if it doesn't bump the ratings I am at least hoping for more media attention!

Riggsy

Riggsy

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 4, 2007 @ 10:01 AM

Are they really thinking of dropping the show so soon? I read the recap and got scared! I'm already hooked. I will be seriously bummed if they pull the plug. Private Practice - no thanks. I'll take Gossip Girl.