Media: This Show Is Very Big

• Please log in to reply

801 replies to this topic

PittsburghDiva

PittsburghDiva

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2007 @ 8:36 AM

I was listening to Philly's Q102 this morning. One of the contestants, Nicole, was a DJ there. She is home- not sure if they are still filming so I will spoiler this part. She said she is "almost" at goal weight but would not say her weight, how much she lost. They just said she looks fantastic.

She sounded normal on the radio, not sure if she will be batshit crazy on the show. She confirrmed that there were days where they exercised for up to 8 hours a day.

The other DJ on there, Booker, said he is good friends with Poppy and she is really cool.

Edited by PittsburghDiva, Sep 11, 2007 @ 3:23 PM.

Deuce5000

Deuce5000

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 11, 2007 @ 8:57 PM

Biggest Loser in the Media? I'd say Perez Hilton.

Oh. nevermind.

PittsburghDiva

PittsburghDiva

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 8:47 AM

Biggest Loser in the Media? I'd say Perez Hilton.

Oh. nevermind.

Bwah! Yes, I totally agree with you there!

labral

labral

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 10:53 AM

Jerry was on our local radio station this am. Seemed nice enough. Talked about the decision to NOT pick either twin for their teams. It turns out he wanted to pick one, but Phil said that, if Jerry picked one, Phil would NOT pick the other because down the road, the twins could be a force together in voting (good point), so Jerry decided that it would be unkind to pick one and not the other, therefore he picked none.
He also talked about how, at the start, they weren't allowed to talk to anyone, not even each other, so that when the crew asked them "do you miss your wife/kids/grandkids", they were all emotionally ready to blubber about it.
He seemed like a nice guy. The DJ's joked that Jerry was the only one who could go to a third world country with the peace corps and actually gain weight.

furlynn

furlynn

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 12:42 PM

This makes me like Jerry even more. Go grandpa!

paiges

paiges

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 14, 2007 @ 12:23 PM

The DJ's joked that Jerry was the only one who could go to a third world country with the peace corps and actually gain weight.

Ha! I knew plenty of people in the Peace Corps who gained massive amounts of weight. There was one woman in my group who was given nothing to eat but fried doughy foods and potatoes, and she was huge by the end of her service.

labral

labral

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 11:39 AM

Jerry was on our local radio this am again. He said he'll be on the Today show on Tuesday. Some other odds and ends....
1) he was mad (doh) about being voted off...still is a bit because although he understood their logic, he feels that they still needed him for the challenges at this point and others weren't losing the weight. Plus he was angry about the whole 'secret' vote. But it didn't seem like a 'how dare they' anger that other reality show people exhibit (see the Donatos) but more of a wistful, wish they hadn't done that anger.
2) he and a gal (I didn't catch who) were in the gym several hours a day (4-6) while other members of the team would do their 15 min workout and then leave to go 'walk the track'.
3) He was bothered by all the 'I need the money' talk and wished all were focused on losing the weight and learning to be healthy.
4) the girl who ate in the temptation room 'lied' when she said she misunderstood whether she should eat or not. I guess there was a lot more to the fight afterwards than we saw.
Still seemed upbeat...very level headed. Is planning to bike across America. The DJ's have been encouraging him to plan the bike across America as a speaking tour about healthy living for seniors.

Pepperminty4132

Pepperminty4132

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 2:32 PM

Thanks for filling us in on the radio interview with Jerry, interesting stuff.

maggiethebeagle

maggiethebeagle

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 27, 2007 @ 4:56 PM

Here is a link to Jerry's story on our local newspaper's website.

DanaMB

DanaMB

Stalker

Posted Oct 7, 2007 @ 1:22 AM

On Ali's site, under "News" it mentions that the show was renewed for a 5th season.

devilschild

devilschild

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 7, 2007 @ 11:32 AM

And it turned out that Jerry was right. This could be a repeat of last year when Bob only had one person on his team.

DianeNC

DianeNC

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 13, 2007 @ 5:54 PM

Ack! I don't know where else to post this...

Is anyone watching American Idol Rewind Season 2? Did anyone notice that Bryan Washington from the Atlanta auditions seems to be our very own Bryan "B" from the Red Team? Or am I crazy? Or is this old news and I'm just catching on? He actually made it through to Hollywood so I can't believe I haven't heard it before if it is him.

If it is, cool! Can't wait to watch the Hollywood rounds to see if I can spot him again.

caroline2

caroline2

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 19, 2007 @ 2:47 PM

A story in the Times about jealousy and demotivation among TBL viewers who are themselves dieting.

mememeee

mememeee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 24, 2007 @ 7:49 AM

So Bob was on our local radio show this morning. I wish they would have grilled him more about last nights episode.

Interesting tidbits:
  • They asked about his relationships with Kim & Jillian. He said that he and Jillian have established a bond over the years and he really doesn't know Kim all that well.
  • They are starting production on TBL 5 today.
  • He doesn't have time for celebrity clients anymore. He turned down Reese Witherspoon because of TBL obligations.

MoreRidonkulous

MoreRidonkulous

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2007 @ 9:27 AM

They asked about his relationships with Kim & Jillian. He said that he and Jillian have established a bond over the years and he really doesn't know Kim all that well.

Heh. It almost sounds like he's trying to avoid saying "Kim is a standoffish beyatch".

What a crummy radio show to have him and NOT grill him about last night's episode though. Even if unknowingly, he was a central figure in the drama.

Tienko

Tienko

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 24, 2007 @ 10:01 PM

DianeNC: Ack! I don't know where else to post this...

Is anyone watching American Idol Rewind Season 2? Did anyone notice that Bryan Washington from the Atlanta auditions seems to be our very own Bryan "B" from the Red Team? Or am I crazy? Or is this old news and I'm just catching on? He actually made it through to Hollywood so I can't believe I haven't heard it before if it is him.

If it is, cool! Can't wait to watch the Hollywood rounds to see if I can spot him again.

DianeNC, I saw Bryan's audition on Americal Idol (Season 2, Rewind) as well. I believe that's him too. I never saw him before since I missed that particular season, but how interesting that he's on TBL now.

Tigger 7

Tigger 7

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 25, 2007 @ 9:06 AM

Was Bryan as big back then as he is on TBL? If it was Season 2 of Idol, it would have been several years ago, so I was just curious.

Hawkwild

Hawkwild

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2007 @ 4:10 PM

An apparently new article on the trainers on the website GayWired.com. It's not a gay-themed article, either, unless you count the smokin' hot pictures of Bob and Jillian (which can be enjoyed by those of either gender).

Also, Bob is only two years younger than me. I think I may cry.

Edited by Hawkwild, Oct 25, 2007 @ 4:10 PM.

roorooby

roorooby

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 28, 2007 @ 2:17 AM

MAN, if I looked that good in a metallic bikini top and jeans and a belt, I'd walk around all the time just insufferable, letting the stylist's fan blow on my hair. Damn.

Bob is ripped to shreds. I want one of those photos of him, signed. Or just scribbled on. Or bitten.

Kim looks like Fitness Barbie.

Thanks, Hawkwild.

Ionadryer

Ionadryer

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 28, 2007 @ 4:28 PM

Wow, that last pic of just Bob and Jillian is smoking hot. It reads "Come, have sex with us, either of us, you know you want to"

Rancide

Rancide

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2007 @ 9:35 PM

Also, Bob is only two years younger than me. I think I may cry.

YOU want to cry? He's 13 years OLDER than I am!!!

Jacob's Hair Dye

Jacob's Hair Dye

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2007 @ 9:31 AM

OK, I'm a straight girl, but after seeing Jillian's picture in that article, I'm willing if she is.

That is if I can't have Bob.

Tigger 7

Tigger 7

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2007 @ 11:43 PM

I'm not sure where to post this, but for those in Canada who read this board and are interested, Slice (used to be called the Life Channel) will start airing The Biggest Loser Australian version (I'm guessing Season 1?) here on November 15.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 4, 2007 @ 12:48 PM

Tigger 7, it probably belongs in the Ratings and Scheduling thread. Also, there is a TBL Australia thread, for those who end up watching it and want to discuss is.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Nov 4, 2007 @ 12:49 PM.

GingerBird

GingerBird

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 6, 2007 @ 11:27 AM

Cowboy Dave was on the Today show this morning. They showed the same clips from TBL that they showed when he was voted off, scenes with his kids and wife, then he and wife in the barn with the horse stalls. When he walked out, they stopped him so they could take his picture to show the "now" next to the shirtless weight-in "then" photo. He says he's still losing, although I've forgotten his total loss so far, more than 100 lbs.

Kim was there too, and I didn't recognize her sitting on the stool in mini-dress, tall go-go boots (heh) and hair down. I must say, she did NOT look all that good. Dave's wife was also there and, while she had her cleavage buttoned up (sorry guys!), she looked cute and very shapely. She looked better than Kim, IMO.

They showed clips of Kim training Dave, including film of him on the bike and the treadmill. They did not, however, show the part of Dave giving Kim the eff word, nor did they show Kim losing it and effing Dave back before he walked out. Heh. That would have made the interview way more interesting.

ETA: I just got back from Hawkwild's link to the trainers' story. I linked through to the websites for each of them ... the sites really reflect the personalities of the trainers, IMO! Gotta love that Bob site, that's for sure. I could stare at that all day.

Edited by GingerBird, Nov 6, 2007 @ 11:43 AM.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 4, 2007 @ 6:08 PM

This isn't technically about "The Biggest Loser," but it's sort of related and it amused me:

Tarrant's Biggest Loser pet edition

Pudgy pets are trying to fight off temptations during the holidays

scospi

scospi

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 6, 2007 @ 9:53 AM

Here's some welcome news.

Kim Lyons won’t be on Biggest Loser 5

Merlion

Merlion

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 6, 2007 @ 11:34 AM

scospi, you beat me to it. Woo! No more passive-aggressive emotional manipulation.

gameon

gameon

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 18, 2007 @ 11:25 AM

An article on MSN about the change in the show's focus to gameplay over the actual exercise component.

takinitoff

takinitoff

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 18, 2007 @ 3:09 PM

I'm so glad someone else feels the same way I do. There's a reason I don't watch 'Survivor' and shows along that vein. I can't stand watching people stab others in the back then be rewarded for it in the end. I liked TBL b/c it was different. It's been really hard for me to get into this season b/c of the scheming. A little is fine. But for it to dominate the show has been a real buzzkill (if that's the appropriate word) for me this season.