Trainer Jillian Michaels: "Beatings, beatings, beatings ... and more beatings"

• Please log in to reply

1025 replies to this topic

Angela627

Angela627

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2011 @ 5:54 PM

Apparently Jill CAN give a convincing sales pitch if she believes in a product.

Or when the endorsements checks are being written straight to her and not through TBL ;)

CrabShaman

CrabShaman

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2011 @ 9:41 AM

I can only hope that one day Jillian will shill for Jägermeister.

Still, there's little wrong with getting paid, even if the in-show product placements are just painful to watch.

Signing off. This is CrabShaman for Laffy Taffy!

HerLadyship

HerLadyship

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 2:09 PM

Just announced, Jillian's next gig.

Ardently39

Ardently39

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 6:15 PM

Yes, I saw that also (her new gigs).

I've watched the Doctors twice (when she was on it) and I really, really dislike Dr. Phil (Dr. um Shill).
Jillian has mentioned previously in tweets how much she loooooovvves Dr. Phil and his son (the one who produces the Doctors).

Frankly, I'm disappointed.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 6:19 PM

Interesting. I've seen once in a while on both shows, though I no longer see either of them much.
Guess that means that Dr. Phil isn't moving to OWN. I'd thought he might since they're showing his old shows.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 6:27 PM

Two shows I do not plan on watching...

Vanilla Siren

Vanilla Siren

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2011 @ 6:54 PM

This article is mostly about her new TV gigs, but at the end, it mentions that she is in the process of adopting a baby from Africa:

Jillian's New Gigs

I don't watch either show but I'm pleased to hear about the baby news. Good for her.

gwlisa

gwlisa

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2011 @ 6:39 AM

What's up with the message on Jillian's FB account today? She says she's ashamed of the FB page because haters like it or something. I don't know what prompted that. Anyone?

JLVerde

JLVerde

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2011 @ 7:02 AM

What's up with the message on Jillian's FB account today? She says she's ashamed of the FB page because haters like it or something. I don't know what prompted that. Anyone?

She's referring to folks being nasty in response to a photo of Rosie O'Donnell JM put up (she was on Rosie Radio yesterday). Lots of "fat ass" comments.

(on Rosie Radio, Rosie commented about that photo, how of all the photos JM could have picked she picked THAT one--Rosie talked a lot about her weight issues, naturally).

mayaroo

mayaroo

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2011 @ 1:40 PM

I didn't see the comments Jillian was referring to but I did see the original post. The picture she posted was this one of Rosie from her role in Exit to Eden.

Edited by mayaroo, May 10, 2011 @ 1:40 PM.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2011 @ 11:46 AM

Here's a clip of Jillian's interview with Sam and Stephanie at the finale.
She talks about what she'll be doing, and the adoption.

HappyBoy1981

HappyBoy1981

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 11:47 PM

I didn't see the comments Jillian was referring to but I did see the original post. The picture she posted was this one of Rosie from her role in Exit to Eden.

I'll have you know that you personally burned out my left eye with that picture and I have a full blown case of PTSD.

I've watched the Doctors twice (when she was on it) and I really, really dislike Dr. Phil (Dr. um Shill).
Jillian has mentioned previously in tweets how much she loooooovvves Dr. Phil and his son (the one who produces the Doctors).

I both love and hate Dr. Phil at the same time. All she can do is screw up her career while working for that quack. Remember that Dr. Phil really isn't a doctor. He had his license pulled after he had an unfortunate encounter with a 17 year old patient.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 7:03 AM

Not surprise that Jillian loves Dr. Phil

They both of major egos and are media wh***

HappyBoy1981

HappyBoy1981

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 9:02 PM

Not surprise that Jillian loves Dr. Phil

They both of major egos and are media wh***

And you forgot one more thing....they both think they know what they are doing. Maybe Jillian can help Phil diagnose the "patients" and Phil can help the "patients" lose weight. I wonder if Jillian is signing on to the 17 day diet plan that Phil was trying to sell. I'm surprised that Phil even wants to do anything with fat people as he has a dislike for overweight people.

katje

katje

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2011 @ 8:30 AM

I'm surprised that Phil even wants to do anything with fat people as he has a dislike for overweight people.

Which is amusing considering he's reportedly near the top of the "overweight" BMI range--just shy of obese. And he's not a muscle-bound athlete, by a long-shot.

HappyBoy1981

HappyBoy1981

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2011 @ 9:21 PM

Which is amusing considering he's reportedly near the top of the "overweight" BMI range--just shy of obese. And he's not a muscle-bound athlete, by a long-shot.

The fat bastard is in denial. Have you noticed on his show that he tends to throw up this picture of him in his high school football uniform from time to time?
Jillian is making a mistake hooking up with him. She's out of her league on the Doctors and she'll be in a swamp with Phil.

katje

katje

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2011 @ 5:32 AM

Have you noticed on his show that he tends to throw up this picture of him in his high school football uniform from time to time?

I haven't seen the picture, but I imagine that in his head, that how he still looks now.

She's out of her league on the Doctors and she'll be in a swamp with Phil.

The Doctors might need a name-change to The Doctors and Jillian, Who is Not a Doctor. ;)

bendercat

bendercat

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 10, 2011 @ 7:11 AM

I hardly ever catch Dr. Phill, but I know I've seen that football photo more than once.

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 11, 2011 @ 9:41 AM

Guys, Dr. Phil isn't the topic here, it's Jillian. Please keep the the thread Jillian-centered. Thanks.

HappyBoy1981

HappyBoy1981

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2011 @ 10:16 PM

Have you seen Jillian in her GoDaddy commercial?
GoDaddy

Lets go from having some credibility to having no credibility.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2011 @ 11:15 PM

OMG!!!

I would not want to show my face in public if I did that commercial.

What was she thinking.

HappyBoy1981

HappyBoy1981

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 10:18 AM

I guess she'll be a regular on the Doctors on Mondays episodes. Its supposed to be called Mondays with Jillian.

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 13, 2011 @ 10:59 AM

Just an FYI guys... I'm not going to close this thread, but unless it specifically has to do with Jillian on TBL, it's time to put it into retirement (since she's not on the show anymore). Thanks.

HappyBoy1981

HappyBoy1981

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 23, 2011 @ 9:24 AM

She is sure getting a lot of air time between the Doctors and Dr Phil. She's on the Doctors every day and makes guest appearances on the Dr. Phil show.

Midru

Midru

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 23, 2011 @ 1:49 PM

I don't think she should be on the Doctors. She doesn't know enough to share the stage with them. And the "counseling" she does seems more and more unprofessional to me. I have always thought she was superhot, but toward the end of her time on BL her training shtick was wearing thin.

Does anyone miss her on BL? I really don't! But you could easily see her taking Anna's place next season...

rhonde

rhonde

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 9:50 AM

This thread should be locked. She is no longer relevant on TBL.

katje

katje

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2011 @ 6:06 PM

I never know who writes the TWOP photo galleries, but there's one on Jillian on the front page: "Biggest Loser: How Jillian Would Have Improved Season 12."

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Dec 14, 2011 @ 11:36 PM

This thread should be locked. She is no longer relevant on TBL.

In a way, perhaps her ABSENCE is. There's a lot of compare/contrast inevitable ("how would Jillian have done this"), but also its interesting to see how her existence is removed from clips and discussions of show past. Which is relevant I think, because the show markets itself as a continuity, a family, and an ongoing concern, via return visits, inspirational wall posters and displays in the gym, "Where Are They Now" specials, etc. Which are now all missing any image or mention of the petite, loud brunette in the black (or occasionally red) shirt.

MrsClaus

MrsClaus

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 4, 2012 @ 7:18 PM

Wonder what the chances are of her coming back now that she isn't going to be on the Doctors show?

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2012 @ 9:49 PM

Wonder what the chances are of her coming back now that she isn't going to be on the Doctors show?

Good question... I don't think BL has made an official comment, but apparently viewership is down 30% since she left the show. I think a lot of people like Dolvett and all, and Bob will always have his fan club, but I don't think it would exactly hurt ratings to bring Jillian back.