Secret Diary Of A Call Girl: From Rose To Belle

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

252 replies to this topic

airylli

airylli

Posted May 21, 2008 @ 12:18 AM

Callum Blue is very, very pretty. ...That's all.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted May 31, 2008 @ 11:20 AM

Ooh, that sounds promising. Heck, I'll take anything--I'm just glad it's coming back for another season. I like that they are exploring the idea of Belle working and Hannah falling in love. Complications! And she's going to be playing mentor, which might be fun and create some laughs. I'm not familiar with Callum Blue so I looked him up. Good times. I like him already!

Now that Season 1 is going to be airing on Showtime, I hope we get some new discussions in here about the show.

Edited by oakgal, May 31, 2008 @ 11:21 AM.

Thena

Thena

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2008 @ 4:08 PM

It has been confirmed that ITV is going to produce a third series with shooting in 2009. This is great news and shows a lot of faith has been put on the show because they haven't even finished filming S2 yet. Yes, I hope we do get some discussion going on here. It is a fun show, and it seems to be getting some much needed buzz on this side of the Atlantic.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Jun 4, 2008 @ 11:39 AM

Excellent news! We have 2 more seasons to look forward to then. Any word on when Season 2 will begin airing in the UK?

Thena

Thena

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2008 @ 9:29 PM

It will be returning to ITV2 with its eight new eps in September.

It's been widely reported that BP is currently preggers, and there will be a body double for some shots. Ah well.

hakirby

hakirby

Fanatic

• Interests:SF, the paranormal, Bollywood, the outdoors and healthy living

Posted Jun 5, 2008 @ 8:14 AM

I thought they'd used a body double for some of the sex in the first series, specifically the scenes with Ace Bhatty when she's juggling her clients?

Thena

Thena

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2008 @ 2:47 PM

I am unsure exactly how much of S1 was her, but she was clearly in some (if not most) of the sex scenes. With S2, the double will be used in most (if not all) of the nude scenes.

linebackrlounge

linebackrlounge

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 4:09 PM

Billie Piper is really fugly.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2008 @ 2:37 PM

We have a full forum now, so I'm locking this.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Aug 21, 2008 @ 7:51 AM

Some S2 goodness.

My does Billie look hot or what?

Trailer caps

Mindymoo

Mindymoo

Fanatic

• Interests:I'm a musician, a student, a liberal, and I have my own little craft business. To allow you to get to know me, here are my top tens, in no particular order.<br /><br />Music: Pink Floyd. Grateful Deadl Frank Zappa. Nick Drake. Bob Dylan. Donovan. Warren Zevon. Van Morrison. Yes. The Who.<br /><br />Movies: Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Pulp Fiction. The Wall. Harold and Maude. The Godfather. Dr. Strangelove. Take the Money and Run. Die, Mommy, Die. Chinatown.<br /><br />TV: The Sopranos. The Twilight Zone. The Daily Show. The Shield. Kids in the Hall. SCTV. Blackadder. Monty Python's Flying Circus. Absolutely Fabulous. Dexter.<br /><br />Books: The Glass Castle. Darkly Dreaming Dexter. The Audacity of Hope. Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. Night. Anything by Al Franken, Jon Stewart, Truman Capote, Hunter S. Thompson, and David Sedaris.<br /><br />Hobbies: Singing. Playing music. Making music. Sewing. Writing. Photography. Reading. Watching TV. Watching movies. Shopping.

Posted Aug 22, 2008 @ 9:52 PM

What happened to the full forum?

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted Aug 22, 2008 @ 10:12 PM

There was barely any forum traffic during the season's run. No forum traffic = no more full forum.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Aug 23, 2008 @ 3:51 PM

Tis a pity.

At least we have another month until S2. That, Merlin, The Sarah Jane Adventures, Survivors and UK TV will be great again.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Sep 11, 2008 @ 5:08 AM

Season 2 starts tonight with a double bill on ITV2 from 10pm.

Huntley

Huntley

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 7:40 AM

Belle's Back! Yay!

So, I'm supposed to spoiler now, right?
Erring on the side of caution:

Callum Blue! And Billie Piper! On the same show! Flirting! Awesome!

...agh. Better now. The two of them are such favourites of mine that I had trouble contructing sentences.

I like the vibe of the second season much better than the first. It might be a rush to judgement seeing as I've only seen the first two episodes but I think they're going for a more cohesive storyline this year, rather than the almost complete stand-alonity with just a sproucing of continuity, that they did last year.

Bambi's chracter is definitely intersting and I'm finding Ashley Madekwe lovely, so far.

But damn, Billie! What's with the bronzer? Do you think that was Piper's own decision or the producers to try and make her look thinner?

Even if you don't know Billie Piper's pregnant it shows in her figure and trust me I couldn't care less about that. The odd costuming choices and the constant games of hide-the-fetus and spot the body double are actually quite amusing... but why the self-tanner? Why?!

She looks so splotchy. But then again that's my biggest concern about the new season so I'm pretty happy with what's hapenning.

Thena

Thena

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 8:48 PM

Yay the show is back. Spoilers for S2 eps 1 and 2:

I'm liking it. I do adore the Alex/Hannah pairing; I miss Ben/Hannah though. I miss Ben fullstop. Not that Alex isn't amusing and now that Bambi has learned her lesson, she may not be as irksome. The show can be very funny; I almost forgot that. I got a big laugh out of Hannah's "Sometimes I like to draw facial hair on myself," and Alex's dorky but normal "I am so moving to f***ing London." Definitely more coheisve storylines. Not any outfits I really covet yet, but I do like Hannah's suits be them white or black. Still lovin' all the lingerie and tights.

Wry Bread

Wry Bread

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 11:01 PM

Regarding the two new episodes broadcast earlier this week:
I really like Callum Blue as Alex. The tipsy flirting between him and Belle during the date in episode 2 was extremely fun to watch. "Sometimes... I go to the shops in my pajamas!" Aw, Billie. And the mustache with the mutual embarassment, so cute!

I'm not warming up to the other addition to the cast, however... I hope that's the end of Bambi going behind Belle's back. Maybe then I'll be able to tolerate Bambi.

Episode 1 was a nice reintroduction, and the second one was something I'd look forward to watching again.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

Posted Sep 13, 2008 @ 12:46 AM

Yay! So happy it's back too!

Loving Alex. Callum Blue is all sorts of charming. I really like his interactions with Hannah, he brings out a different side to her. She's not as confident as she is when she's around Ben or when she's Belle.

Not sure how I feel about Bambi either. I'm going to wait for a few more episodes before I pass judgment on her.

Episode 2 was really good. I liked the guy who played her plastic surgeon/client. He was very cute with her and how he's so sick of analyzing bodies all the time. The bit with the moustache was very funny and oddly flirty.

I'm so glad our show is back!

Edited by oakgal, Sep 13, 2008 @ 12:47 AM.

TheLabRat

TheLabRat

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2008 @ 10:00 AM

About the second episode; was it just me or did the plastic surgeon bear a striking resemblance to Julian McMahon who plays Christian on "Nip/Tuck?" Particularly about the eyes, the resemblance was so uncanny it was actually a bit distracting. I loved how it sort of wasn't obvious that the doctor was one of her clients at first. Bambi needs a good shaking but I do like the young actress playing her.

Love2Hate

Love2Hate

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2008 @ 4:54 AM

I just saw the first two episodes. Billie Piper looks like she has her old body back (yay!) or is just starting to show. Either way, she looked really pretty, especially in the scenes where she looks more natural. I hope the other annoying girl isn't on too much (or in the future, at all). I wouldn't want this show to become the Adventures of Belle & Idiot Sidekick.

Edited by Love2Hate, Sep 14, 2008 @ 5:06 AM.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Sep 17, 2008 @ 9:01 AM

Episode 1

I thought this was excellent in everything. A lot of shows have to go through the difficult second album syndrome but this seemed perfect.

The show's awareness of everything is great. Belle is right about what people are doing to themselves, in her case obviously literally.

The mix up at the hotel was interesting. Client Alex wanting her to pee on him reminded me of that politician who wanted Carrie to do the same to her in Sex And The City's third season.

The journalist (actor who plays him) is gonna be more famous for his EastEnders role but he was a delight in goading Belle. I wonder why he did use another hooker to leak the story. Chances of seeing him again are possible.

The christening was fine, given that I don't really care for Belle's family. The sequence where she thought of telling everyone her real job made me laugh. Knocking the glass of petals was predictable. The flower gesture was nice.

Ben is still with Vanessa? I can't imagine why. The woman seems too controlling and Ben doesn't seem to actually love her. Besides we still haven't even met her anyway.

Bambi could be a fun character to watch, though her eagerness is a tad annoying. I like Alex but I always had a soft spot for Dead Like Me. It will be interesting to see Belle balance her job and a real relationship, 9/10.

Episode 2

Not quite as good as the opening episode but damn, I do love this show.

Belle considering to have surgery on herself wasn't much of a shock to the system given the emphasis on youth, even in her line of work.

I liked that her surgeon was a client who later made an effort to talk her out of getting anything done. Of course it was probably Alex who sealed the deal on that one.

Bambi is definitely one of those types who tend to invade personal space really easily, doesn't she? First with answering Belle's phone and then with the dodgy client. I can't blame Belle for exploding at one point.

That being said as annoying as Bambi is, she did some positive things too. It was her who got Belle to go on a date with Alex and she more or less defended Belle against Stephanie as well.

Belle returned the favour by getting Bambi out of that hotel. I think the two can be a positive influence on her and with Ben factoring less and Alex in the dark, Belle needs at least one person she can be totally honest with. 8/10.

Thena

Thena

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2008 @ 11:07 AM

Episode 3:

There is a lot of material related to prostitution they can cover with this series, and the show has finally found its footing with this second season. In the first ep, you have a Spitzer-like situation, the second the dangers of being a total noob, and now Belle being accosted by a wife. I really like that this season has also cohesive overall themes of Hannah trying to have a relationship and Belle being a mentor. I liked the first season, but it really did have too many useless montages.

The return of Ben this episode is always a delight. Iddo looked very fine walking down the street in that suit. I can't wait until next week when he and Alex/Callum Blue are in the same scene together. The hotness is too much especially considering how smoldering he looked while making out with Hannah.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Sep 21, 2008 @ 10:32 AM

Episode 3

I liked this one a lot. Already we're seeing the difficulties that Belle's profession is having on her relationship.

I don't if it's me but I'm finding the clients who want the Girlfriend Experience somewhat more stranger than the guys who are demanding the kinky stuff. Okay it's not the first time we've seen it but it's strange, right?

Belle's confrontation with the wife could've been written as soapy histronics but I liked the way it was handled. The wife had the right amount of anger and disgust at Belle and even raised the question of Belle having relationships. Belle made the right decision to dump Matt/Tony the client.

When you're fantasising about the wife being in the room you know something isn't right with this arrangement.

As for Alex, I really really do love him. Okay so I got a thing for Callum Blue but he's sweet and Belle needs that. He even surprised her by not wanting to know every intimate secret of hers and their method of breaking up is required viewing as far as I'm concerned.

Bambi and Ben weren't as vocalised in this episode but I didn't view that as a bad thing. Ben really should dump Vanessa though and Bambi's loyalty to Belle is sweet, 7/10.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

Posted Sep 21, 2008 @ 11:36 PM

Episode 3

I am loving the Hannah/Alex relationship. BP has excellent chemistry with CB and he's playing the role so well. The perfect mix of understated sexy and confused bemusement.

Bambi must be doing really well already if she's buying Hannah a Balenciaga bag as a present. Wow. I'd like someone to give me a Balenciaga bag as a thank-you. I wonder if this spending might come back and bite Bambi. I wonder if later on she might find that she's living beyond her means at this early stage.

I agree that there is something odd about the "Girlfriend Experience". It's kind of sad really. Paying someone to have sex is one thing, but paying someone to pretend they love you and care about you is altogether different.

Great music once again.

TheLabRat

TheLabRat

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 7:40 PM

darkestboy:

I don't if it's me but I'm finding the clients who want the Girlfriend Experience somewhat more stranger than the guys who are demanding the kinky stuff. Okay it's not the first time we've seen it but it's strange, right?

Absolutely not just you. I did the phone sex hotline thing for a little bit in my youth and I've experienced it to a lesser degree first hand. But it's strangely harder and I like that they keep bringing it up on the show for that very reason. It's somehow almost weirder and kinkier, especially in the light of Tony/Matt being married, than any other weird thing you can be asked to do.

antelogi

antelogi

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 26, 2008 @ 6:17 PM

Bloody hell, Callum Blue is killing me as Alex. He's absolutely perfect, and it's just so damned painful because you just know it can't work out with Alex and Hannah, by nature of what the series is about. I want them to get married and make babies though, so much.

Also, Ben is a twat.

Thena

Thena

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2008 @ 6:44 PM

Also, Ben is a twat.

Aww, I felt sorry for Ben. Not to say he was completely not twatty; he does harbour feelings about Hannah. But, I think Hannah overdid it with the teasing of him. Bambi was right that Hannah needed to loosen up this ep; she seemed extra stressed this ep. I guess it's being in love with Alex. Wonderful scene at the episode by the way. This episode felt extra short to me, but that just says a lot about how well it played out.

On a totally different note, when Hannah said "Bit of a laff...not the top of the list," she sounded so much like Catherine Tate as Donna Noble. Hehe.

airylli

airylli

Posted Sep 27, 2008 @ 1:16 PM

If Callum Blue could marry me, that would be great, thanks.

cyberducks

cyberducks

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2008 @ 2:33 PM

Ah, I love Ben - how did you expect him to react to Hannah suddenly having a serious bf?

I am calling it now that at the end of this series Ben will be the one loyal to Hannah - Doctor bf won't be able to handle her occupation and will exit.

mandigirl

mandigirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2008 @ 11:53 AM

Re the fourth episode

I seriously thought my eyes would explode from all the hotness of that lunch scene! I just kept on looking back and forth between Ben and Alex being like 'Hot... but then also hot!'

I was confused and even a little annoyed that Hannah was like 'Ben liking me? Ridiculous!' when Alex brought it up. Especially after the season finale when Ben all but said he couldn't marry because he was still in love with her. Are we still playing dumb?

Quite frankly, Ben shouldn't have gone to the lunch. He should have fobbed her off, and done it when he'd had more time to digest her dating again. I mean the implications are very clear-- Hannah can have tons of sex with random people and thoughts of Ben never bothered her, even after the famous 'foursome'. Yet after a week with Alex, she's so into him that she can't do her job. Even if Ben was over her, (and he's obviously not) that would sting anyone's pride.

Bambi is kind of growing on me and I can see potential for that character.

Also, just randomly re: Alex, I've never seen anyone look so hot (fake) sleeping before. That morning scene was so adorable. He looked even better (fake) sleeping in the promo for next week. Damn!