The Biggest Spoilers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1071 replies to this topic

Glark

Glark

Posted Sep 8, 2007 @ 1:29 AM

Spoilery!

catwoman747

catwoman747

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 5, 2007 @ 9:25 AM

Jillian's blog says that the black team is in Jamaica next week (possibly all teams are).

Edited by catwoman747, Oct 5, 2007 @ 11:32 AM.

kris5711

kris5711

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 11, 2007 @ 10:53 AM

Are there no spoilers for this show anywhere? I'm dying to know who is in the finale!

Upandatthem

Upandatthem

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 13, 2007 @ 1:26 PM

Hello all,

I read the threads all the time, but I'm delurking to say that my sister saw Isabeau at BCBG recently. Apparently she lives here in Nashville now. My sis said that she was looking good. I didn't ask about her neck. :-)

BCBG's sizes tend to run "smaller" (that's being charitable) and my sis said that Isabeau tried on several things and looked good in them. My sis doesn't watch TBL so she wasn't looking for specific TWOP stuff, but if Isabeau comes back into the store, I'll make sure to get a full report.

kris5711

kris5711

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2008 @ 7:02 PM

My brother ran into a whole group of biggest loser contestants at Starbucks in LA. He ran into the Jay, Mark, Roger and Dan. They told my brother that Jackie and Trent were going to meet them later, but now I suspect they had both gotten voted off. He also saw Bob, he met them there. I guess they were all taking Bob's spin class at a gym in LA. I don't know if these are the guys in the finals, or this was just Bob's team and Jillian's people were elsewhere. I don't know where they are with taping.

However, they did mention that their facilities aren't anywhere near as nice as they look on tv and that the gym is not even air conditioned! They also said the place leaks when it rains.

sobsister

sobsister

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 11, 2008 @ 5:37 PM

I guess they were all taking Bob's spin class at a gym in LA.

Did your friend by any chance catch the name of the gym? I would LOVE to take Bob's spin class. My Google search didn't turn up anything helpful.

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2008 @ 3:20 AM

sobsister, I'm not completely sure, but I think I read somewhere that it was Crunch in Beverly Hills.

Tigger 7

Tigger 7

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2008 @ 10:14 PM

Wish TPTB would stop putting the spoilers into the previews for the show. Apparently last week's preview (didn't see it myself as they don't show them after the show here in Canada) showed us that Trent was the one to go this week. Way to go, NBC.

sobsister

sobsister

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 13, 2008 @ 2:47 PM

Thanks chocolatine! I believe I've found it thanks to your help!

Day
Saturday

Time
10:30 AM

Duration
45 min

Class
The Ride

Instructor
Bob H.

I'm gonna see if I can get a guest pass to check out the gym and go to the class.

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2008 @ 1:41 AM

I'm glad I could help, sobsister! If you manage to get in, please tell us non-locals all about it.

MittenGirl

MittenGirl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2008 @ 3:18 AM

I found this on TV Guide's website for the March 11 episode. Sounds interesting.

The six remaining players are joined by the eliminated contestants for a special weigh-in. The ousted man and woman who lost the most weight at home are invited back to the game.

I wasn't sure if I needed the spoiler bar, but decided to play it safe.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Feb 28, 2008 @ 5:17 PM.
Removed spoiler tags

Pointe3579

Pointe3579

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2008 @ 6:11 AM

I found this on TV Guide's website for the March 11 episode. Sounds interesting.

The six remaining players are joined by the eliminated contestants for a special weigh-in. The ousted man and woman who lost the most weight at home are invited back to the game.

I wasn't sure if I needed the spoiler bar, but decided to play it safe.

That would be awesome. I think it will be either Bette-Sue or Jackie and on the male side I would say definitely Trent. Can't wait to find out.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Feb 28, 2008 @ 5:17 PM.
Removed spoiler tags

msrayrudd

msrayrudd

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2008 @ 10:26 AM

Ooh, a twist I actually like. Though the people who are still there will be bitter.

Minerva Moon

Minerva Moon

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2008 @ 11:09 AM

No need for a spoiler bar in the spoiler thread. :-)

Anyway, it'll definitely be Jackie over Bette-Sue. Bette-Sue, if I recall, actually hadn't lost that much more weight when she went home. Jackie, on the other hand, looked FABULOUS. As for men, I'm assuming by 'most weight at home' they mean the weight JUST at home, and therefore Trent will be back and not Mark (thank GOD). I wonder if he'll reenter the game? He was so ready to go home.

Jackie will reenter if asked, but I think she'll fall below the yellow line pretty quickly and be ousted. If I recall, she said at the 'at home' footage that she was about 170, which would make her the smallest woman in the game if she came back. I think she'd have issues like Mark and not be able to put up big numbers. Although she WILL have the advantage of not having lived in The Biggest Loser environment for weeks, so the first week she'll probably see a great loss as she shocks her body again with the amount of workouts. But after that, I think she's toast.

Pointe3579

Pointe3579

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2008 @ 8:20 PM

No need for a spoiler bar in the spoiler thread. :-)

That makes perfect sense:) Blond moment here:)

Although she WILL have the advantage of not having lived in The Biggest Loser environment for weeks, so the first week she'll probably see a great loss as she shocks her body again with the amount of workouts. But after that, I think she's toast.

It depends if they get out of team format. Jackie seemed very much in cohoots with Brit, Bernie and Maggie the week of yellow vs all. If she can come back and form the right alliances she may make it to the finale. I want it to be her that comes back either way though. Orange was my favorite from the get go and I love that Dan is still here, so obviously Jackie coming back would be awesome in my book.

AgreeGal

AgreeGal

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 28, 2008 @ 12:04 AM

As for men, I'm assuming by 'most weight at home' they mean the weight JUST at home, and therefore Trent will be back and not Mark (thank GOD). I wonder if he'll reenter the game? He was so ready to go home.

Actually I would guess that they mean the person who lost the most weight total since the beginning of the show, because basing it just on the at-home weight loss would grossly disadvantage the people who'd been kicked off the ranch later in the season. They brought back one player toward the end of Biggest Loser UK, and it was based on cumulative percentage lost.

I am going to guess that it's Mark and Ali who get to come back for a couple of reasons. First, in Mark's iVillage questionnaire he gives these two answers:

5. ) Who do you think will make it to the end of the show and why?

Mark: Jay, myself, Roger, and Ali [will make it to the end] because of hard work and alliances.

7.) What strategy did you use to try and stay on the show? Why donít you think it worked?

Mark: It is not over for me and I hope my plans work.

I mean, it is hard to imagine that they'd let him give away such obvious spoilers, but otherwise I don't understand his answers. I noticed that every other previously eliminated contestant except Paul only included players who were still on the ranch at the time they got kicked off. Mark and Paul both said they would be at the end, which is odd given that they'd just gotten kicked off. My guess is that since they got kicked off so close to the episode where players come back, production had already given them a heads up about traveling back for it, which is why they both included themselves. Of course Paul did his Q&A before he was hospitalized, so he undoubtedly thought he might have a real shot at it since he had a higher cumulative percentage lost than any of the other eliminated men when they got kicked off. Of course he had no way of knowing Mark would be next to get booted!

So maybe Mark doesn't really know for sure that it's him and Ali who do get picked, but I think it's obvious he knows that some people are going to get brought back. Maybe he didn't know for sure given the way he said, "I hope my plans work."

OK, looking at the numbers, it just seems like there's no way it's anyone other than Mark (if it is indeed based on cumulative percentage lost and not just at-home loss). Curtis is the only other candidate, I think but since he got booted in week 3, which aired 2 weeks after New Year's, his at-home update would have been filmed at around the same time as the episode where they bring people back on the show. At the at-home update, Curtis's cumulative percentage lost was only 21.78%. Mark's elimination was immediately preceding them bringing people back, and his cumulative weight loss at the elimination blew Curtis away at 29.47%.

As for the women, I don't see any of the other booted women being able to come close to Jackie or Ali. Ali's cumulative percentage loss at her at-home update was 26.07% and was probably filmed only a couple of weeks after the booted contestants were brought back. Jackie got booted only three of weeks before the episode where they bring people back, and her elimination weight loss was 17.07%. Jackie's at-home update had her at 28.46%, and it was filmed two weeks after Ali's. So my guess is that Jackie gives Ali a run for her money but just doesn't quite keep up. But it could be either of them.

<--- total dork for spending so much time thinking about this and crunching numbers in Excel!

Whoa, it just totally occurred to me that if Mark and Ali come back on (or even Mark and Jackie), the so-called numerical voting advantage that Black now has over Blue is totally wiped away. Mark and Jackie, obviously, are Blue team members, but Ali would also ally with them, I believe. Pink already had an alliance with originalBlack and Gray, and of course she's still going to be bitter about Kelly voting them off "unfairly." Oooh, newBlack team is going to be hella pissed. I don't see Jillian taking this very well AT ALL. (FWIW I don't see Jackie forming an alliance with folks on the Black team, even if she did previously work with them to try to get Mark and Jay booted. Since Dan has a strong alliance with the Blue team now, and Mark will likely be back to add more power to the voting bloc, she would stay aligned with Blue, I'd think.)

In any case, I am excited about everyone coming back just because I want to see them all! I miss some of the folks who've been voted off (Bette-Sue, Jackie, Jenn, Curtis, and Mallory) and just will be happy to see how everyone looks!

Edited by AgreeGal, Feb 28, 2008 @ 12:09 AM.

YaYalaw

YaYalaw

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 28, 2008 @ 1:06 AM

7.) What strategy did you use to try and stay on the show? Why donít you think it worked?

Mark: It is not over for me and I hope my plans work.

And for a moment I was happy Mark was off my screen. I hope this isn't true.

msrayrudd

msrayrudd

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2008 @ 2:08 PM

That was all I could come up with for Mark's answers too and it would make sense in that Pink was aligned with original Black, so of course Mark would be happy for Ali to return. Though seems like Mark has dumped Dan pretty quickly.

But yeah, I can't see them allowing Mark to just give away spoilers like that unless production doesn't know he gave that interview. But how stupid would he have to be otherwise?

I too am hoping that he is speaking as to what he hopes to happen as to what actually happens. Like you said, I'm hoping he was made aware of the twist and is just assuming that it is both he and Ali who return.

Though as much as I don't want Mark back, I would love for it to be Jackie and Mark so as just to screw with his plans.

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2008 @ 5:18 PM

But yeah, I can't see them allowing Mark to just give away spoilers like that unless production doesn't know he gave that interview.

iVillage is owned by NBC, so production must have been well aware of this interview. I would even go so far as to say that production asked the eliminated contestants to drop a few (most likely untrue/misleading) "spoilers" so that people keep watching.

Minerva Moon

Minerva Moon

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2008 @ 8:06 PM

Even if Mark returns, there's no way he'll win. He left the campus at 201 and says his goal weight is 185. Sixteen pounds ain't gonna cut it.

What confuses me is if Mark returns, when does his 'Mark today' spot take place?

slient knight

slient knight

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 11, 2008 @ 7:10 PM

I don't know if this really counts as a spoiler, but at the end of Access Hollywood tonight, they showed a clip from tonight's episode where Ali asked Brittany during the weigh-in if she thought she could win the whole thing, and it set Jillian off. In the clip, Jillian basically asked what kind of question that was (laced with plenty of bleeped out f-words).

Edited by TWoP Mars, Mar 19, 2008 @ 12:42 AM.

applepie77

applepie77

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2008 @ 7:56 AM

If you get TV Guide in the mail (I got mine yesterday), there is a spread about Tim Gunn's visit to TBL. One of the photo spreads is of Brittney. So it looks like she's not eliminated. Best makeover? Dan. Go check it out.

Tigger 7

Tigger 7

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2008 @ 8:00 AM

Heck, all they had to do was give Dan a decent haircut, and that would change him drastically, so I'm not surprised he turned out best. No more Chris Griffin...

MsMystery

MsMystery

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2008 @ 2:54 PM

If you get TV Guide in the mail (I got mine yesterday), there is a spread about Tim Gunn's visit to TBL. One of the photo spreads is of Brittney. So it looks like she's not eliminated. Best makeover? Dan. Go check it out.

Yes, I thought I caught a glimpse of Brittany getting a makeover during the preview's for next week's episode. So much for NBC keeping people on the edge of their seats until next week's episode. It makes me wonder why they didn't just go ahead and show the elimination last night.

mag-girl

mag-girl

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 12, 2008 @ 3:20 PM

There was a little piece on a site called glam.com that had a quote from Brittany about getting made over by Tim Gunn. I found it in a random google search.

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2008 @ 5:10 PM

I guess it's so obvious that Brittany is the smallest threat, and therefore will never be eliminated, that NBC doesn't bother to keep the makeover secret.

msrayrudd

msrayrudd

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2008 @ 9:28 AM

Especially since not only is it in TV Guide, but Brittany's face is on the freaking homepage of their website along with pics of her and Tim Gunn. She's like a roach. She won't go away.

The only other one they have a pic of is Dan.

AgreeGal

AgreeGal

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 13, 2008 @ 9:55 AM

Other than Dan, the makeover I'm most looking forward to is Kelly. I really hope they do something with the poodle hair! Her face looks gorgeous (glowing like she got a facial) in the preview when she's getting the foil/highlights. She could look so much prettier with a better haircut.

Also, from the shadowy silhouette of Ali in the preview, it looks like she got her hair chopped quite a bit. That could also be a radical improvement.

Arizonaguy

Arizonaguy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2008 @ 10:10 AM

Looks like Dan has cut his hair and ditched the glasses for his makeover.(PHOTO)

princesabin

princesabin

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 13, 2008 @ 6:40 PM

Question for those who have been watching longer than I. How does the scale work? Does it round up or down to the nearest whole number?

I wondered why someone like Dan would keep his hair when every pound matters. I wonder why Mark wouldn't shave his face.

I guess they are so confident that they will lose enough weight that they can just wait until the final. I have a lot of hair on my head so I figure if I was one of the contestants as soon as the game began I would have shaved my head!