Guide to TAR Nicknames (for the new or the confused)

• Please log in to reply

85 replies to this topic

Montrealais

Montrealais

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 30, 2007 @ 9:17 PM

Since El Hornio was mentioned even though it is an individual nickname, what about KKKendra for Kendra Bentley, the co-winner of TAR6.

isiscloud

isiscloud

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2008 @ 1:00 PM

Daniele and Dani were the Pinks in season 9 because they wore those horrible pink pants with the giant "PINK" printed across their asses.

The pants were from the Victoria's Secret "Pink" line.

Also, Tian and Geree(?) from Season 4 were together called Tangerine. This was the board nickname for them.

Nich337

Nich337

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2008 @ 6:55 PM

According to the recaps, it's spelled Jaree.

TheBadHat

TheBadHat

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2008 @ 3:54 PM

moved to TAR nicknames in Whimsy

Edited by TheBadHat, Jan 4, 2008 @ 2:16 PM.

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 3, 2008 @ 4:08 PM

This is not the place to argue about whether or not nicknames are fitting, or right, or whatever.

If you don't have a nickname to add to help other or new posters figure out who is who here on the boards, the discussion should be taken to the Whimsy thread.

Souris

Souris

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2008 @ 12:10 AM

David and Jeff/Team Who in S4 were referred to on the show as "The Goats" (because of their goatees, right?).

TheRabbi

TheRabbi

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2008 @ 8:51 PM

""The Goats is correct.

And also for season 4, don't forget Steve and Josh: Weezer and Geezer

nriviera

nriviera

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 8, 2008 @ 2:10 AM

Adam, of Adam and Rebecca TAR 6, was called "Hellboy" a lot towards the end of the season (also because of the horns).

Versayce

Versayce

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 26, 2009 @ 7:12 PM

it would probably be helpful to indicate... why/how they got the nickname.

I haven't yet seen any seasons after the fifth one, but here are the stories behind the ones that aren't as obvious:

TAR 1:
Bert and Ernie: Bill and Joe (given to them on-screen by Kevin and Drew)
Cockroach: Paul and Amie (because for a time it seemed they simply could not "die")
Danza: Frank and Margarita (because Frank would sometimes say, "Who's the boss?" to Margarita)
Ensure: Dave and Margaretta (because, at roughly sixty, they were geriatrics next to most of the other teams)
Esquire: Brennan and Rob (because both were lawyers)
the Frats: Kevin and Drew (because they fraternity brothers)
Guido: Bill and Joe (self-named, after their dog)
Kenny: Karyn and Lenny (both a portmanteau of their names and a reference to the fact that they were another team that would not die)
Momily: Nancy and Emily (a portmanteau of Mom and Emily)
Team Shower Fresh Scent: Kevin and Drew (because some viewers thought their bald heads resembled sticks of roll-on deodorant)

TAR 2:
Boston: Chris and Alex (because they were from Boston and spoke with thick Bostonian accents)
Cha-Cha-Cha: Danny and Oswald (given to them onscreen by Gary and David)
Drawl: Norm and Hope (because of their thick Southern accents)
Groanies (or Groaning Grannies): Peggy and Claire (a reference to their self-selected name, "Gutsy Grannies" as "Groany" reflected their attitude far more accurately )
Gutsy Grannies: Peggy and Claire (self-named)
Itchy and Scratchy: Gary and Dave (given to them onscreen by other teams)
Jeebus: Cyndi and Russell (given by a forum poster, because both were pastors)
Rev: Cyndi and Russell (short for Reverend)
Team Flanders: Cyndi and Russell (because they often invoked their faith)
the Teeth: Blake and Paige (because of their disturbingly prominent and eerily white teeth)
Thunk: Gary and Dave (because of Gary's poor joke delivery)
Xerox: Shola and Doyin (because even for twins, they were very, very identical)

TAR 3:
Aahab: Aaron and Arianne (because they were obsessed with attempting to eliminate Derek and Drew, and first used the term "twinhunt". Spelled with two A's to reflect their names)
Big Kahunas, or BKs: Teri and Ian (given to them onscreen by Ken and Gerard)
the Bald Snark: Ken and Gerard (because they were bald and prone to joking)
the Doublemint Twins: Derek and Drew (given to them onscreen by Ken and Gerard, who would also sometimes call them the Wonder Twins)
Firecop: Damon and Andre (because their early gimmick was that one was a fireman, the other was a cop)
Heave: Heather and Eve (portmanteau of Heather and Eve, also reflects the reaction they most commonly provoked)
Huge Tinies: The alliance/constant grouping of teams that had a huge male and tiny female (shortened from Me Huge, You Tiny)
Oh Brother: Ken and Gerard (self-named)
Team 911: Andre and Damon (self-named, reflective of their respective occupations)
TnT: Tramel and Talicia (self-named)

TAR 4:

the BFGs ("Big Fat Guys"): Steve and Dave (self-named)

the Chippendales: Reichen and Chip (reflecting Chip's name and their resemblance to male strippers)
the Clowns: Jon and Al (because both were clowns)
the Falconettes: Monica and Sheree (because both of their husbands played for the Atlanta Falcons)
Millie the Mole: Millie of Millie and Chuck (given to her onscreen by Kelly and Jon, because of her prominent mole)
the Supremes and/or Team Supreme: Monica and Sheree (given to them onscreen by other teams)
Team Who: David and Jeff (because they were so unremarkable that viewers would often forget about them during the early legs)
the Virgins: Millie and Chuck (because both were literal virgins, despite having dated for twelve years)
the Werewolf (or Chuck the Werewolf): Chuck of Millie and Chuck (given to him onscreen by Kelly, who thought his face resembled that of someone in the process of transforming into a werewolf)

TAR 5:
the Bowling Moms: Linda and Karen (self-named)
Mirna and Schmirna: Charla and Mirna (given to them onscreen by Marshall and Lance)

theschnauzers

theschnauzers

Stalker

Posted Oct 19, 2009 @ 1:52 AM

Three teams this season have been given (or used) nicknames on camera by Racers, so for the first time in several seasons, we have some additions to the list:

Pinky and the Brain - Gary and Matt
Team Zebra - Brian and Erika
Malibu Ken and Barbie - Meghan and Cheyne
and of course The Globetrotters, Flight Time and Big Easy

lexington11

lexington11

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 22, 2010 @ 12:22 AM

I'm adding Hellboy as a nickname for Adam from TAR6. I believe it was Aaron (1/4 of the Mactor alliance) who was the first one to use that name because of Adam's two horn like ponytails on his head.

Here's the first nickname I've heard from season 16

Barbie/Ken: I don't remember which racer said it, but if refers to Jeff/Jordan of Big Brother fame

sweetpd7

sweetpd7

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2010 @ 9:54 PM

I thought Barbie and Ken referred to Miss South Carolina, Caite and her guy (Eric?). (I don't know my names yet.)

raceguy120390

raceguy120390

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2010 @ 2:01 AM

I'm adding Hellboy as a nickname for Adam from TAR6. I believe it was Aaron (1/4 of the Mactor alliance) who was the first one to use that name because of Adam's two horn like ponytails on his head.

It was Jonathan and Victoria. Shudder.

10man

10man

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 10:59 AM

I hope this is the right place to ask....

What is YDC an acronym for? It is in a couple of the new team descriptions. Young divorced couple? My mind is blank.

soymilk

soymilk

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 11:20 AM

Young Dating Couple.

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Oct 23, 2010 @ 7:44 PM

Which TAR 17 team do people mean when they say "Team @" ?

riley702

riley702

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2010 @ 1:49 AM

I think they mean Nat & Kat, which both rhyme with "at", symbolized by "@". Overly cutesy, IMO, but whatevs.

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Oct 24, 2010 @ 11:51 AM

Thanks, riley. I never would have figured that out on my own.

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2010 @ 8:27 PM

I came over here to ask the exact same question about "@", so thank you!

Sister Bridey

Sister Bridey

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 1, 2010 @ 1:50 PM

HEWHOSHALLNOTBENAMED? Jonathan or Boston Rob? Or someone else?

Good Queen Jane

Good Queen Jane

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2010 @ 2:28 PM

Jonathan. Although perhaps soon to be replaced by Nick.

Sister Bridey

Sister Bridey

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 2, 2010 @ 11:41 AM

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure whether I had overlooked someone even worse. Yeah, Nick is giving HWSNBN a run for the title!

MDKNIGHT

MDKNIGHT

Fanatic

Posted Dec 15, 2010 @ 7:42 PM

I think they mean Nat & Kat, which both rhyme with "at", symbolized by "@". Overly cutesy, IMO, but whatevs.
possibilities
View Member Profile Find Member's Topics Find Member's Posts
Stalker

Oct 24, 2010 @ 12:51 pm Report Post#78
Thanks, riley. I never would have figured that out on my own.

I got to explain it to Kat at TARcon personally and I was thrilled. She thought maybe they were going for "alpha" as in alpha females so she was confused too.

Tisch1

Tisch1

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 10:49 PM

It would be great if someone could update this. It's a lot of work but with the amount of dedicated fans on here, i hope, maybe you wouldn't mind doing it for us noobs.

kaygeeret

kaygeeret

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 9:47 PM

What is "bald snarking"?

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2013 @ 9:56 PM

"Bald snarking" is changing your detour choice midstream. "Bald Snark" was Miss Alli's nickname for TAR3's Ken & Gerard. Who were bald, snarky, and had a tendency to abort detours midway through and pick the other one.