Dr. 90210

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1201 replies to this topic

maggiethebeagle

maggiethebeagle

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 6, 2007 @ 11:25 PM

Show Summary: TV's most cutting-edge reality show returns with a brand-new doc—and loads more drama—as it takes you into the pampered world of Beverly Hills' most beautiful

I searched a couple of times for this show and came up with zilch. However, if it's a double post, mods please delete.

I need somewhere to snark on creepy Dr. Rey and his equally creepy wife Hayley. Last episode he went to Brazil to see his father and she was home ALL BY HERSELF (GASP) but not really cuz her mom & dad were there. Anyway her son got stung by a bee and the three of them were running around like chickens with their heads cut off like they had never seen a bee sting before. And she is moaning that she wished Robert was there. Ummmmm OK, I guess he could put in a nice pair of implants and botox the crap out of that bee sting.

lola212005

lola212005

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2007 @ 11:55 PM

I was also wondering if there was another Dr. 90210 thread. What happened to the first thread?

Is it just me, or do the Doctors this time around seem increasingly toolish? Incredibly full of themselves? I'd say so.

DesiLu

DesiLu

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 1:43 AM

I think there was a legal reason the old thread was shut down and I think I remember the Mods saying not to start another one. I could be wrong though.

sdlevitt

sdlevitt

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 7:10 AM

Please please please mods, let us try to keep a thread again. I soooo miss having one.

What about the "hollywood wanna-be complete with eating disorder" getting those oversized boobs?

My big question though is how Dr Rey's dad spoke such good english. Almost like a New Yorker. ?

Finally, my kids have gotten stung. The first time it happens you do sorta panic in a way, as you fear "what if they are allergic?".
Stings can be fatal for some people.

maggiethebeagle

maggiethebeagle

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 9:47 AM

Gotcha Desilu. Well, if the mods allow us to keep one, we'll be good...we promise!

If you need to shut it down, though...so be it.

Oh yeah, sdlevitt, I know about the bee sting allergy, you do kind of panic thinking "what if?". Maybe they were worried about that.

My comment was more that after it was apparent the kid was going to be OK, she didn't even know what to put on it. Her mom was offering her a couple of different things that escape my memory now, but both seemed like they were inappropriate for stings.

SkankBiscuit

SkankBiscuit

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 10:19 AM

I can't imagine Dr Rey being with a woman who is less than perfect, but I don't see Hayley growing older very well. She already has a very sunken, drawn look to her.

I haven't watched all the episodes, but can someone tell me if Robert ever made a comment about Hayley gaining weight while preggo? Does he make critical remarks about her appearance? I saw the one where he said something like "Hayley could be a better (house)wife" when she didn't cook a meal right...is he THAT much of an arrogant bastard all the time?

sdlevitt

sdlevitt

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 11:35 AM

i think the original shutdown had to do with comments about Haley and such, so maybe if we try real hard to discuss the show itself we might be able to keep this forum?

Gharlane

Gharlane

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 11:59 AM

I noticed Mike Boogie made a special appearance on this show so his friend, Dr Will Kirby, could remove a genital wart from his penis. Their interactions and attitude about the whole thing seemed a bit rehearsed and , well, vulgar ("Mike, you have to be less promiscuous or wear a codom..." "Gee Will, there's no way I'm going give up banging hot chicks every night, so I guess I'll wear a condom!" *both laugh*).

Edited by Gharlane, Sep 7, 2007 @ 12:02 PM.

Lyssbobiss

Lyssbobiss

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 12:01 PM

Here's hoping we can keep this alive. Dr. Rey's dad didn't look anything like I pictured. I know they've shown that one particular picture of Rey, Sr. every time he's mentioned, but I was still surprised at what he looked like as an older man.

I miss Dr. Li. Why don't we get more storylines with her? Did she have the second baby? She and the Diamonds are my favorites, and now I'm stuck with stories about stupid Dr. Kirby and Mike Boogie. No, thanks.

limom

limom

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 12:11 PM

It is kind of hard not to discuss Haley, she is such a big whiny part of the show. I don't see why she complains constantly about her life. She has a spot that many stay at home moms would envy.
Re her insistance on not wanting Dr Rey to go to Brazil, it is out of her need to control him. I am glad he made the trip.

Edited by limom, Sep 7, 2007 @ 12:12 PM.

maggiethebeagle

maggiethebeagle

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 12:17 PM

Oh God, Mike Boogie and the penis wart. Is he that desperate for attention that he feels the need to broadcast his STD nationally?

I don't know about anyone else, but if I'd not want to enter into any of his clubs after seeing that hot mess! Yuck yuck yuck!!!!!

WhineandCheez

WhineandCheez

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 1:54 PM

Last year I started a new Dr 90210 thread when last season started, and the Mods shut it down right away. I think it was because the original thread had all these "insiders" posting on it.

So while I have the chance to do so, I wiil say that Dr Will Kirby is the Biggest Tool In The Universe. He makes Dr Matlock(?) the African-American bragging Doc look like he is Mahatma Ghandi. Dr Kirby makes the Douchy Dr. Diamond look like the Dali Lama. Am I getting it across that Dr Kirby is seriously ridiculous?

Is it just in LA that these super-creepy douche-y guys like the bar owner with the Penis wart get all these different thin blonde breast-implanted girls each night? Is this a satisfying life????

And because it must be said before this thread vanishes into thin air--there is no airspace that can contain the magnificence that is Dr Rey. His clothes look like what a Pimp would buy when he was vacationing in Milan. He is unbelievable.

hannebash

hannebash

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 2:07 PM

The shutdown didn't have to do with any discussions regarding Hayley. Some folks came around that said they worked with or around Dr. Rey and were discussing his work, and his credentials.

forsberg

forsberg

Video Archivist

• Interests:volunteer work, personal budgeting and spending, outdoor fitness, living your dreams

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 2:20 PM

Yeah, I remember the original thread got closed because there were too many insiders posting and it was getting hard to control. Subsequent threads were shut down saying not to start another thread.

Faxinator

Faxinator

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 2:37 PM

I think Dr. Rey and how he speaks to his patients is creepy. I asked my wife, and she thinks so, too.

DesiLu

DesiLu

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 2:39 PM

Yay, it looks like we can keep this thread! I have missed being able to talk about the show here.

I can't believe that Mike Boogie went on TV and talked about his geinital warts. I guess he is the true definition of a famewhore.

mtnrunner

mtnrunner

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 2:51 PM

Does anyone else find it funny that the childhood pictures they show of Dr.Rey he looks like a super-duper nerd?!? I wonder if he's had a lot of work done.

Mothership

Mothership

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 3:12 PM

So glad this thread got started and I hope we can keep it.
I've always thought that Dr. Rey was creepy and controlling. I've only seen one episode where he told a woman she was perfect and questioned her need for surgery (of course, she had implants anyway). He always seems to want to talk women into larger implants.
Do we know how he met Hayley? Did she get her implants before or after they met?

I, too, want to see more Dr. Li. She and her husband seemed relatively normal. SHe also isn't creepy around her patients.

Finally, a question: Why would anyone (genital warts and anything else-- and there have been some odd surgeries) agree to be on a reality show about plastic surgery?

hannebash

hannebash

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 3:21 PM

I think Dr. Rey is creepy too in a fake-sincere kind of way. Hayley worked in his office and I think he gave her boobs after he married her. And his face SCREAMS chin-implant and nose job. I don't really like the generic look people get when they mess with their faces. Everything is just made to look more bland. Even when they look better, they still tend to look "worked on".

littlechloe

littlechloe

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 4:02 PM

I haven't watched the show for a long time; it must have moved time or channels. The last time I saw it was when Hayley was eating 50 calories/day and weighed 35 lbs and they showed her getting on a scale and Dr Rey was all shocked that this was happening. Your wife has become anorexic and you don't even notice? Whatever. I've caught bits and pieces of new shows by accident - one where Rey says he's a new man and his family is the only thing that matters and Hayley saying he's a new man and it's all fab. Is that true? I can't believe it.

I personally never knew what to think of them as a couple - it seemed like they both try but there isn't a whole lot of there there and they are doing nothing more than "making it work" because they have kids. She often comes across as far smarter than she has to play to stay in the marriage and he seems to think of his family like a shiny car that he takes care of and loves to drive but often leaves in the garage for a good spell.

When is this show on anyway? Am I the only one who liked the sex-change Dr? Is he still on? At least his cases were interesting. And Dr Li - I guess she's gone now? Is it all just playboy Dr creeps?

RobertBlue

RobertBlue

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 4:42 PM

I think Dr. Li was just on one of the new episodes, so I think they just have more doctors than ever.

Is it just me, or are all of Dr. Will's clients his friends. I met him at a bar, I was in a house broadcast on national tv twice with him, I met her at a bar. Is it just his real clients refuse to let him famewhore anymore? Are the regular clients at a cosmetic dermatologist too Hollywood ugly to be filmed?

Or are we spending too much time giving a damn about Dr. Rey and his daddy drama?

Somewhere in between all those, I'm sure we'll find the truth.

sdlevitt

sdlevitt

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 5:27 PM

Its on monday's at 10pm on E. then repeated again, but not sure when.

I happen to like Dr Rey. If I was to ever get my boobs lifted I would fly to CA to have him do them. They just havent quite reached my knees yet though LOL

Nikki528

Nikki528

Fanatic

• Interests:Making it through law school! CLS '10 baby!

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 6:40 PM

I happen to like Dr Rey. If I was to ever get my boobs lifted I would fly to CA to have him do them.

Agreed, I love his work! Sometimes he does get a little bit too out there with the "beautiful girl" comments, but he's a great surgeon. And I have seen episodes where he tried to talk patients OUT of going too big.

I miss Dr. Li too. What did she name her daughter? And I love the Evans, it's so nice to see a black family doing big things on tv, and they seem like nice people too.

Hairymango

Hairymango

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 7:30 PM

Though I find him weird (sometimes loveably so), Dr. Rey is a really good plastic surgeon. If I were getting breast work, he's the only one on this show I'd go to. Some of the other doctors do other parts well, but none seem to match him in that area. It's true he has cooled down on the "the bigger the better" advice.

He also seems to be keeping to his word about spending more time with his family. It must be working, Hayley looks healthier. I still don't trust that father of his, but I understand the need for closure. I'm guessing Dr. Rey left him with a fat check. I was surprised to find the show airs in Brazil.

I wonder if [Dr. Rey] had a lot of work done.

He's admitted he's had work done. He knows who to go to, because it all looks natural.

I can't believe how great the camera crew must have felt when they got that one doctor going into labor. They probably started out saying "A luncheon? Snoring!" Next thing you know it's "jackpot"!

Is it just me, or are all of Dr. Will's clients his friends.

Which one is Dr. Will? Is he the guy who removes tatoos? That guy bugs me. He comes across like a character in an SNL skit: the plastic surgeon with the perpetual smug.

Edited by Hairymango, Sep 7, 2007 @ 9:31 PM.

Moniker

Moniker

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 11:41 PM

So what is the story with Dr. Rey and his dad? His dad left the family twenty years ago and was gone until he called to ask for money. But what happened before that?

maggiethebeagle

maggiethebeagle

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2007 @ 7:41 AM

OK, first of all - I'm sorry I'm sorry Mods if this is a bad thread. I didn't know previous threads have been deleted! But pleeeease let us keep it! :) Stay away "insiders"!

I do think Dr. Rey is a great plastic surgeon, I'd go to him for surgery. It's the personal stuff that bugs...what with the wardrobe (Fashion Disaster!) and the Tae Kwon Do and the whole attitude like he is doing his family a HUGE favor when he is home.

Love love LOVE the Evanses. They are just an adorable couple with adorable kids. It was so cute when she went into labor at the luncheon.

RobertBlue

RobertBlue

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2007 @ 8:14 AM

Is it just me, or are all of Dr. Will's clients his friends.

Which one is Dr. Will? Is he the guy who removes tatoos? That guy bugs me. He comes across like a character in an SNL skit: the plastic surgeon with the perpetual smug.

Forgive me. Dr. Will, aka Dr. Kirby, was a two time famewhore and the second winner on the CBS "nothing else to air so why not" reality series Big Brother. His friend Mike also appeared on that show twice, as well as Battle of the Network Reality Stars a few years back. So, yes, I'm referring to Dr. Kirby, the guy that removes tattoos (and genital warts).

karennnnn

karennnnn

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2007 @ 9:34 AM

YAY! Every time the show is on, sdlevitt and I must snark on our own and even though we have the same opinions it's just not as spectacular as TWOP.
That being said!
Random thoughts.
Am I the only one who lol when Dr. House-that-vaginas-built said he had broken up with his girlfriend?
And I so wish I had that extra belly fat problem that his brother and brother's girlfriend had. Jesus.
I too miss Dr. Alter/Altar He reminds me of a doctor I used to work with so that draws me in, but I also find him to be super duper genuine.
Speaking of that, I hate it when they show the docs in their personal life. The ones who seem genuine turn into desperate nerds; like when they show them out at a club, etc.
Haley shocked me when I saw her in a bikini in the newest episode. I knew she was terribly thin, but she looked ill.
Lately she's been much more lucid and making sense. She had a great life in Canada; I wonder why the need for the huge house. Both her and Dr Rey didn't have uber priviledged childhoods; they appear to appreciate what they have; why still have a keeping up with the jonses mentality? I guess they haven't reached that level of maturity yet.
Hmm what else.
That car chick--her boobs looked STOOPID. Skinny chick from latest episode I thought looked equally stupid but she still looked good in an extremely fake way.
And who was her boyfriend!! Did you all see that house!
When Dr. Evans went into labor I was expecting an entire story like I was watching A Baby Story. My reality shows are running together. I felt very empty not hearing the whole birth story. I really wanted to know how quickly the baby was born. Then again since she had twins, she may have had a c-section but who knows?
Random thoughts over :)

Almost forgot--one of the pics Dr Rey showed of his dad looked a lot like Dr. Phil. IMO anyway.
And in regards to genital warts guy.... My first thought was "You don't know that you just contracted an STD!?" Scripted I suppose. Maybe he was doing his own version of a PSA.

wormlegs

wormlegs

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2007 @ 9:43 AM

I was a devotee of the original thread that was shut down and totally deleted. I remember there were a couple posters on there who worked in the same building as the Reys or moved in the same social circles, or something like that, and the speculation was a little hot to handle. Plus, there was lots of discussion around how despite Robert wearing his Harvard sweatshirt all the damn time (and that was not a Versace Harvard sweatshirt!), and his CV saying he had attended Harvard, he wasn't actually a Harvard graduate or something like that. Ooh, scandalous; he did his highly competitive fellowship somewhere other than Harvard, boo hoo.

So! I am so excited this thread is back. And I disagree with many of you when I say that I cannot stand Dr. Susan Evans. I like Dr. Brian just fine. He seems competent, relaxed, not creepy or Stepfordian. But Susan gets on my every last nerve. Her fake placid smile, her "look at me! No, don't look at me!" labor during her baby shower, her creepy demeanor in the office - I can't stand her. She annoys me no end. I remember last season how she announced her pregnancy by walking in to the living room with her toothbrush saying she just threw up. It was so irritating. You would think as a doctor she would know that puking while toothbrushing is not an accepted form of pregnancy confirmation, or else I would have been pregnant like every Saturday night/Sunday morning in college. I will say that their children are out of control cute. I guess 5/6 ain't bad.

I also am not a fan of Dr. Li. I think it's her too soft baby girl voice. I like her interaction with her patients. I think she's a good doctor. Her kids are cute, and I don't mind her husband (though he comes across as a guy to tries to hard to be funny). I don't like Dr. Diamond at all. I like his wife, but I'm not sure why she quit her job. But like Dr. Li, he comes across as being competent. Dr Will I don't know very well, but he does seem to be sort of playing a role every time he talks to the camera. He's very schticky.

I reserve my greatest creepy ire for Dr. Matlock. Everything about him creeps me out. His voice, his clothes, his laser vaginal rejuvenation technique, his interaction with his patients, his $80 Versace underwear, his overcompensation, his creepy surgery on his brother and his brother's girlfriend, the previews for next week in which he goes out with a friend of his daughter's... I cannot find a single nice thing to say about this man. Ick.

Ananayel

Ananayel

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2007 @ 12:12 PM

I have missed some episodes, so I'm confused about the Diamonds. First, they were worried about having to choose between buying a house and putting off having children for a while, or having children sooner (since she's worried about getting too old, maybe?) And now, they have a house, he's joined a country club, hasn't really built a practice yet, but she's still quit her job? Is this right? I only saw the last portion of a segment with them, so maybe all that was a joke. Because that just doesn't make any sense.

I was annoyed by everything about Dr. Rey at first, but as the show has gone on, he's really grown on me. I can't explain why, but there you go. I actually like his outfits - they seem to be well made and he has the confidence to pull them off. As long as he stays on this side of the Flavor Flav line, he's okay.

Dr. Matlock is the creepiest creepy that ever did creep.