Complaints, Conspiracies & Flounces: Sharks in the Basement

• Please log in to reply

551 replies to this topic

AFDiva

AFDiva

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2012 @ 7:06 PM

That goes without saying. The premise was to see how people would live in this environment.

Real World lost that aspect too.

spenserscampi

spenserscampi

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 14, 2012 @ 3:26 PM

No, it's a show about ratings and money. Just like any other show.

Actually I see it more as a show for actor wanna be's to create characters.....unfortunately what is forgotten is that the best "characters" are the ones who are more real then not!
In the end it appears that this (and most of the other reality shows) forgot what made them watchable in the first place....reasonably normal every day people set into abnormal situations.

AFDiva

AFDiva

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 14, 2012 @ 3:43 PM

spenserscampi, you hit it on the head. I'm trying to get into this season, but these folks are not pulling me in. It's The Vets Show!!

MinnesotaFats

MinnesotaFats

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 2:55 PM

I found it very ominous that last night's primetime show (the POV episode) was about 95% about the coaches. The scenes either involved the coaches talking to each other, or the new houseguests talking about the coaches. It just seemed to me that the way was being paved to let them back into the game. The justification oould be that since the coaches are already dominating the season, they should be allowed to compete in it fully. Please, please tell me this isn't so.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

I truly get the sense that production is leaning toward a Frank win - or at least, him being kept around long enough to get a good following. Since recent seasons have involved recycled houseguests, there hasn't been much of an opportunity for a newbie to shine and join the ranks of houseguests like Janelle, Jeff, or Jordan. This season, I think Frank has the most potential for being that type of houseguest, and him being aligned with Boogie definitely brings out his personality in a way that production digs. And honestly, love him or hate him, I think that he and Boogie are a lot more interesting to watch than many of the other players (many of whom have never seen Big Brother before this season).

Merrythought

Merrythought

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 1:50 PM

During the feed about a week ago,
Spoiler

I processed that to indicate that production influences the game by having the competitions based on the evident HG's individual strengths and who production thinks will win that competition.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Aug 11, 2012 @ 6:38 PM.
Added spoiler tags

jr352

jr352

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 2:16 PM

I still argue that production isn't rigging things in favor of Frank as much as they're rigging for "drama." Willie leaving put them a week ahead whatever their original plan was and rather than risk an America's Vote where Kara could win, they cancelled the eviction. Last week was more about blindsiding Janelle and creating buzz about a "shocking" eviction, rather than any particular interest about saving Frank.

Frank might help himself in that he's one of the only newbies left who's proven that he can win HoHs and is willing to confront people but I don't think they have any special interest in seeing him win. I'm not expecting a situation like last year where the only opportunity to get Jeff out was a double eviction.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 3:03 PM

I theorize that Janelle will be allowed back into the game. She was voted out 8-1. That would make for bigger dramaz than anyone can imagine.

CK17

CK17

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 3:35 PM

She's not in sequester.

goombalina

goombalina

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 6:20 PM

I haven't heard that Janelle is not in sequester or that she is but one thing I know for sure is that it is their game and if they decide they want her back in the house and she is willing to go, back in the house she will go.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 6:22 PM

Janelle has been posting on twitter, so she is most definitely not in sequester. I don't see them bringing her back.

I'm Wrong

I'm Wrong

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

Yeah. Though Big Bother is notorious for making up "rules" as they go, the one rule that's held up since the first season is that evicted hamsters can't return to the game unless they've been sequestered. If that rule gets broken, then BB will truly have jumped the conspiracy shark.

In other news, Frank is the Human Flounce.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 11:06 PM

Can live feed results be talked about in this thread? I wanted to ask before saying anything.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 11:07 PM

I believe the mod said they could as long as they are spoiler tagged.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 11:12 PM

Spoiler

Luv2Soap

Luv2Soap

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 11:15 PM

steve91198 I was thinking the same thing. It has been a little too convenient.

Busy Bee

Busy Bee

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 12:24 PM

I feel like production has DEFINITELY tailored certain competitions to specific houseguests with the hopes they will win, but I don't think they can control wether or not the actual results go their way. Some of my favorite moments last year was when what I perceived as producer manipulation went horribly wrong for them...like when the HOH comp the week Brendan got voted back was a duplicate of one he won in his season and that Dani failed miserably at in hers, but she ended up winning it and sending Brendan right back out the door. Or of course the epic HOH during double eviction that was a very physical comp that suited Jeff most on paper, but he bungled it badly (clown shoe!) and Porsche won and sent him packing. Of course they got theirs later when they screwed Porsche with that Pandora's box during her next HOH, so....

spenserscampi

spenserscampi

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 1:15 PM

but I don't think they can control wether or not the actual results go their way.

That is what DR's and "twists" are for. Make no mistake but Frank is still in the house because TPTB want him there.

Edited by spenserscampi, Aug 12, 2012 @ 1:24 PM.

Macenlu

Macenlu

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 2:29 PM

Am I allowed to post in here if I don't know what a flounce is?

Merrythought

Merrythought

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 3:10 PM

I think TPTB got the idea of putting the coaches in the game from the HGs themselves. I do not think they planned this and expected the coaches to be coaches until the end. But, they ran with it and I hate this twist. I hate it because we never will get to see how it would have played out.

They should have done the eviction before the coaches were entered into the game as players. I think the only reason they did not do an eviction that week was to save Frank.

This show is so manipulated by AG. She may even write those cheesy "comedy" DR scripts.

Edited by Merrythought, Aug 12, 2012 @ 3:10 PM.

Busy Bee

Busy Bee

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 3:33 PM

I think TPTB got the idea of putting the coaches in the game from the HGs themselves. I do not think they planned this and expected the coaches to be coaches until the end. But, they ran with it and I hate this twist. I hate it because we never will get to see how it would have played out.

Disagree. I think it was planned from the start and was a way to get the players used to the idea of working with the vets and bonding with them which would give them an advantage when they entered the game as well as essentially giving them a free pass for a few weeks without any threat of eviction. It seems like they tried to find away around some of the issues from last year...like the how many of the newbies were anti-vet right off the bat and also how there was a stigma of a 'free ride' attached to the Golden Key that was a real nuisance to some players down the line (and I believe may have even cost Porsche her game in the end).

They should have done the eviction before the coaches were entered into the game as players. I think the only reason they did not do an eviction that week was to save Frank.

Now on this point, I absolutely agree with you. Canceling that eviction was so bogus and SUCH blatant example of production favoritism/manipulation, IMO. Really infuriating to watch, especially as a Mike Booger hater.

Edited by Busy Bee, Aug 12, 2012 @ 3:34 PM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 11:12 PM

A link to an interview RealityFlash.com did with Janelle was posted in the Media thread. It has some very interesting information about production interference in the game.

- Janelle says Allison Grodner asked her in the green room after she was evicted to come back for an All-Star season. She also said Allison apologizes and said she tried to stop it.
- When asked if she would call Britney out at the finale for all of her lies, she told us that the producers already told her she has to call out Mike Boogie at the finale…
- Janelle thinks Ashley was manipulated to come after her. She is very disappointed that she never had Ashley, she thought she was sincere…
- Janelle says the DR leads you to say certain things, you are not forced to, but they like you to say something outloud even if it isn't what you think. So they are somewhat scripted because they lead you…
- Janelle doesn't think that Big Brother is rigged, some games suit certain people, but she doesn't think the winner is predetermined…
- Janelle doesn't think competitions are rigged. She gives out a little known fact to all those who say that only certain names are in the veto bag. After the names have been drawn, they dump the bag out in front of all the HG's to show that their names were in the bag.

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 15, 2012 @ 7:05 PM

I just watched Frank win his last HOH, and something is really fishy. He was up against Brittany, he never put his right hand on the table. It was in the air the whole time, right by the button he was supposed to push. Am I wrong? Did anyone else notice this?

ETA: I wasn't able to rewind when I watched this, but I did notice that several other people did the same thing, so never mind.

Edited by StinkPill, Aug 16, 2012 @ 1:11 PM.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Aug 15, 2012 @ 10:58 PM

Another thing to add to the list of things that suggest there's some Frank favoritism going on:
Spoiler

Edited by peachmangosteen, Aug 15, 2012 @ 10:58 PM.

Enychica

Enychica

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 10:34 AM

I don't believe there is Frank favoritism that would keep him in the game and allow admittedly coddled by production Janelle to leave. It was a numbers & tv weeks thing IMO especially considering that both nominees were allowed to remain and they added 4 new players. Frank has been on the block numerous weeks and he wasn't voted out because the HG didn't vote him out. If production controlled that then Janelle would still be in the game. I can't stand Frank but I don't believe he's productions golden boy just because I didnt get the pleasure of seeing him voted out.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 12:13 PM

I just can't see how that whole, "let's not evict anyone and at the same time add 4 more players when there's only 8 weeks left in the game" thing makes any kind of logical sense. Especially considering we, the audience, did not know about it and we have always been informed when basically any kind of twist is coming. I do give them credit for that; always letting us know ahead of time about the twists. I'm pretty sure they even let us know beforehand that there's gonna be a Pandora's Box, don't they?

I know you'd think that production would try to save Janelle, and I see that Janelle said that AG told her they did try to (which, LOL, way to admit to a willingness to manipulate the game), but they absolutely did not. They even made everyone keep her upcoming eviction a secret. Which, not telling people you're voting them out is always a 'rule' but it is only enforced when production wants it to be. They allowed Wil to tell Kara he was voting her out. They wanted Janelle to get blindsided. Probably because they wanted the drama of a blindside, but still.

Just think of the great TV and drama they could've got out of Frank and Boogie getting blindsided, then announcing the coaches could enter the game. That would've been more satisfying TV, I'd think.

Edited by peachmangosteen, Aug 16, 2012 @ 12:21 PM.

FigLover

FigLover

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 12:59 PM

I know you'd think that production would try to save Janelle, and I see that Janelle said that AG told her they did try to (which, LOL, way to admit to a willingness to manipulate the game), but they absolutely did not. They even made everyone keep her upcoming eviction a secret.

Yes, watching the feeds made it pretty clear to me that they all HGs were instructed to lie to Janelle, and to tell her that she was safe. Dan even commented to Boogie that he felt bad about this, and wanted to tell her what was really going to happen, and Boogie reminded him that, "You know the rules; BB wouldn't like that."

Also, last Monday morning before the Veto ceremony, the DR woke up Dan and called him in for a DR session and let him know of the possibility of a plan to BD him. We know that this happened because after his DR session, Dan went outside to talk to Frank and told him that the DR had told him about a plan in the works to BD him. Thus, the DR gave Dan a heads up so that he had a chance to talk Frank out of putting him up. So, from watching the feeds, it seems like thus far in BB14, production helps and informs those who they want to stay in the game, and works to blindside those that they want gone. The evidence is on the feeds.

With regard to the favoritism of Frank by production, adding to the list of things people have noticed, in watching the feeds it seems that Frank was rarely chastised by DR regarding the full wearing of his spiritard. Most of the time, he wore it half on, and didn't pull it up over his chest and arms. Granted, the unitard was too small when they first gave it to him, and he couldn't zip it up, but he should have had to have worn it that way still (pulled up but unzipped). Also, when they got him a new, bigger one, he still was often seen with it worn only half up. Lastly, this year Frank was also allowed to take it off and go swimming in the pool/hot tub in his normal swim trunks, whereas past wearers had to keep their tard on to go swimming. Some people in the past years got creative and pushed up the arms and legs of the unitard to try to turn it into a swimmsuit-like garmet, but they were definitely not allowed to change into their bathing suit, unlike this year with Frank. It comes across as seeming that the rules have been changed for Frank.

Edited by FigLover, Aug 16, 2012 @ 1:20 PM.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

Great post, FigLover.

In regards to the Spiritard, they also allowed Jordan to have a lot of leeway with her unitard last year. But then, she's an obvious production favorite, too.

I'm Wrong

I'm Wrong

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 5:27 PM

I guess this counts as a complaint, conspiracy and/or flounce (you choose! (if you dare to peek beneath my spoiler tags!)):

Spoiler

But with the way this season's going, who knows?

punishinglight

punishinglight

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 17, 2012 @ 10:02 AM

Who wants to bet that if whoever wins the teacup HOH even talks about targeting Frank and putting him up, a Pandora's Box twist will enter the game and swiftly save him? I'm willing to put money on it.