Mad Men Cast in Other Roles: All Your Old Friends Under One Roof

• Please log in to reply

733 replies to this topic

glamoreyes

glamoreyes

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

Just ran across a movie called "Two of Us" where Jared Harris (Lane) played John Lennon and Aidan Quinn played Paul McCartney. Decent film. Jared was spot on with the Lennon mannerisms and attitude, but didn't quite nail the Liverpudlian accent.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 5:53 PM

Michael Gladis (Paul) was on How I Met Your Mother last night. He wasn't really part of the plot per se, but he was really funny, playing a neighbor who's angrily obsessed with Barney.

Decormaven

Decormaven

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:19 PM

Watched Skateland on Netflix the other night; spotted Melinda McGraw (Bobbie Barrett) as the mother of the lead character.

quentin312002

quentin312002

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:21 PM

Jared was spot on with the Lennon mannerisms and attitude, but didn't quite nail the Liverpudlian accent.

He couldn't have been any worse then Christopher Eccleston was in "Lennon Naked".

I saw Michael Gladis as well on HIMYM, he was very funny in the small part he had.

staveDarsky

staveDarsky

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 9:05 PM

Rich Sommer (Harry Crane) is on Law & Order SVU tonight. Chlo Sevigny is playing his wife.

Luciaphile

Luciaphile

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

I've been watching old episodes of The Richesand to my surprise there in the second season, there's Jared Harris as Eamon Quinn, a rather violent piece of work who has it in for the Eddie Izzard character.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 8:33 AM

Ohhhh yes. I think that's the first time I was aware of him. Not a nice guy.

calguy2009

calguy2009

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 5:56 PM

Jared Harris as Fringe villain David Robert Jones.

http://www.youtube.c...tch?v=wIH-97xf_

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

Kiernan Shipka is on this week's Don't Trust the B in Apt 23, I think playing herself (James Vanderbeek plays himself on the show). I think the show airs Wed on ABC. As an aside, I looked up Shipka's name to make sure I was spelling it right (I was), and was stunned to see she is six months younger than my niece. She looks and acts years older. I can envision she and Chloe Moretz fighting it out for juicy roles in the years to come.

caitmcg

caitmcg

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 3:14 PM

Kiernan Shipka is super precocious. In every interview with her I've read or commentary I've listened to, her insights and way of speaking is so much more mature than your average tween or teen, or other young actors. She's probably going to have the world on a plate, post-Mad Men.

caitmcg

caitmcg

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 3:14 PM

Kiernan Shipka is super precocious. In every interview with her I've read or commentary I've listened to, her insights and way of speaking is so much more mature than your average tween or teen, or other young actors. She's probably going to have the world on a plate, post-Mad Men.

rogaine2233

rogaine2233

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 10:03 AM

I've been watching old episodes of The Richesand to my surprise there in the second season, there's Jared Harris as Eamon Quinn, a rather violent piece of work who has it in for the Eddie Izzard character.

I loved that show! I would have never made the connection between meek Lane and Quinn. But then, Harris is such a great actor.

Hilary Dickulous

Hilary Dickulous

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

Jon Hamm, in blackface and overalls, on tonight's live episode of "30 Rock".

"Banjo!"

Skip to 11:00 for fake 50s racist TV clip

Edited by Hilary Dickulous, Apr 27, 2012 @ 11:03 AM.

JuliaJellicoe

JuliaJellicoe

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:54 PM

Jon Hamm narrated two filmed pieces that aired before the NFL Draft on NFL Network ("narrated by longtime fan of the NFL Network Jon Hamm"). Which struck me as odd because from what I know about him and pro sports teams, he's more into baseball, specifically the St. Louis Cardinals (shudder).

rogaine2233

rogaine2233

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 6:49 AM

Watching some reruns of 30 Rock yesterday...stumbled across Jon Hamm playing Tina Fey's love interest. I think this was one of my favorites of the roles I've seen him play. Love him in comedy, but I thought he was too goofy in Bridesmaids.

eavj

eavj

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 7:51 AM

Jon Hamm, in blackface and overalls, on tonight's live episode of "30 Rock".

"Banjo!"

I fell asleep very early last night and woke up in the middle of the live episode. I had no idea it was Jon Hamm until the end of the sketch. He is always so good on 30 Rock. Heck, he's always good whatever he does.

And how great was it to see Jenna's boyfriend floating in to the live-show-within-a-live-show singing "Zou Bisou Bisou"?

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 3:40 PM

Jon Hamm in smeary blackface was the highlight of a very good ep. He was so committed. Just fantastic.

And, yes, the Zou Bisou Bisou serenade was a great surprise and perfect.

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

And it couldn't have been a coincidence that in one of the TV flashback scenes, they had Jane Krakowski playing Dusty Springfield singing You Don't Have to Say You Love Me, right? Now that is the way to do a live show!

Plus: Jon Hamm, Alec Baldwin and Sir Paul McCartney all on one stage? Too much hotness!

rogaine2233

rogaine2233

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 6:54 AM

Geez, sorry I missed THAT! Maybe it will show up on Demand or on Netflix or YouTube...

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 9:30 AM

Both versions of the 30 Rock live show are available on hulu.com for free, probably for a few weeks.

rogaine2233

rogaine2233

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 9:59 AM

I haven't found JK's version of Dusty Springfield (love JK, BTW..from Ally McBeal days onward..), but I did find Jon Hamm. That man was born for comedy. He's brilliant playing Don Draper to the point where his voice inflection and posture and mannerisms change, but I think he's a natural comic.

JuliaJellicoe

JuliaJellicoe

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:55 PM

Just saw Jared Harris on the losing side of a fight in "Dummy." I'd seen it before (love Adrien Brody, who was Harris' opponent) but forgot Harris was in it, and I was aware of him at the time. I was not aware of Vera Farmiga, who played Brody's love interest. Also, Milla Jovovich performs a punk hora.

rogaine2233

rogaine2233

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 9:58 AM

Jon plays a doctor alongside Daniel Radcliffe.

http://www.thesun.co...n-TV-drama.html

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 10:07 AM

Vulture is just a little dubious about that news. Odd casting, IMO. Racliffe doesn't have nearly enough chin to grow up into Jon Hamm. :-)

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 6:59 PM

So which one of them is wearing contacts to change their eye color for the role? Radcliffe's eyes are piercing blue. Hamm's are not. Also, how young is Radcliffe supposed to be in the movie? Men generally don't have growth spurt at 23.

newyawk

newyawk

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 4:48 AM

And it couldn't have been a coincidence that in one of the TV flashback scenes, they had Jane Krakowski playing Dusty Springfield singing You Don't Have to Say You Love Me, right?

That had more to do with Jane's character trying all episode to get her boyfriend to propose on live TV, then realizing love meant it didn't matter whether the proposal was public or private.

rogaine2233

rogaine2233

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 9:18 AM

Not sure this qualifies as "Mad Men Cast In Other Roles" but I couldn't find an appropriate thread for it, exactly. Here are two links to Jon Hamm being...Jon Hamm. He's so funny and so at ease in front of the camera.

In the second video, he's answering questions off his Iphone and I love that he has to hold it at a distance. It could be that he had to keep it out of camera range, but at 41....he could be needing those reading glasses for close-up and small print! LOL My husband has to hold his Iphone out at arms length the read it, too.

http://www.ifc.com/f...c-with-jon-hamm

http://rookiemag.com...-a-grown-man-5/

rogaine2233

rogaine2233

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 10:03 AM

Jon Hamm signed in new project.

http://www.deadline....ion-dollar-arm/

Luciaphile

Luciaphile

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

Just caught an episode of Lie to Me with Jay Ferguson (Stan) as a bodyguard. He was a bit chunkier, but as soon as he spoke, I recognized him.

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 10:21 AM

Did anyone else catch Jon Hamm's surprise appearance on SNL's season finale this past Saturday? Man, he really commits to his characters! One of the lines he crooned was about "overcooked spaghetti on a platter," which made me giggle even more when Megan took the spaghetti out of the oven the following night.