Michael C. Hall: Cabaret Stars, Undertakers, and Serial Killers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

77 replies to this topic

Tory

Tory

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2010 @ 10:20 PM

Best wishes and prayers to my favorite actor. And damn it, he better win a GG on Sunday!

emziez

emziez

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2010 @ 10:53 PM

You kill that cancer like Dexter would, wonderful man. All the good energy in the world to him. He is amazing.

Diane M

Diane M

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2010 @ 10:58 AM

If he had to have cancer, at least it was one that can be cured. Did anyone else notice how strange his hair looked when he and John Lithgow were discussing the season? It appeared after the finale. I wondered why he hair looked so short and rather wispy. Now I realize he was either losing his hair to chemotherapy or it was starting to grow back. So glad he's well enough to attend the Golden Globes this weekend. Bravo, Michael!

clauke

clauke

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 15, 2010 @ 3:26 AM

You murder that cancer, Michael. And then bury it in a tasteful funeral.
I hope he and his family are okay, they must have had a few very scary months.

To lift the spirits a little, a gorgeous picture of Hall&Carpenter from C.S. Lee's wedding album:
http://iamkoream.com...SLee-1009-7.jpg

Diane M

Diane M

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2010 @ 1:07 PM

Thanks for the lovely photo. They look so happy.

Tory

Tory

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2010 @ 9:33 PM

Yes, it is lovely.

Congrats to Michael on a well deserved win. So happy for him.

emziez

emziez

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2010 @ 12:43 AM

Elated for him. SO deserved, for so many years. Congrats!

esprit15d

esprit15d

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2010 @ 2:27 PM

I watched the entire series of Dexter up to this point in one week (today makes a week) and it was a thrilling ride. I got addicted to Parenthood (which is quickly becoming the worst. show. ever) and kept hearing about SFU cuz Peter Krause is on that show. So I watched all of Six Feet Under in two weeks, and then was so taken with Michael C Hall's character David Fisher that I just wanted to see MCH anywhere, and so decided to give Dexter a shot. OMG. So excellent. Michael C Hall just takes acting to a new level of brilliance. And I'm continually shocked at how there is no trace of David in Dexter. He really embodies his characters and doesn't recycle...well, anything.

If SFU's main focus had been David, not Nate, I would have stuck around, but I couldn't stand Brenda and her stupid brother. I couldn't get back into the show because I dislike Lily Taylor.

I thought that the acting on SFU was generally strong, but there are times when MCH was just transcendental. And I feel that the actor who played Keith wasn't that strong, but MCH brought him to the next level. Anyway, before I ever watched SFU, all I heard about was Nate Fisher/Peter Krause so I was ..I dunno...surprised (and figured I was all alone) by the fact that I loved MCH so much. But apparently i wasn't alone. He made the show for me. Much attention is brought to his acting at Nate's funeral (which is just...some of the finest acting I've ever seen) but I can easily rattle off other SFU scenes that were equally moving for reasons that can be squarely attributed to his acting ability. Especially after they adopted the boys. Gosh, it's so shocking that the same actor could play both roles so convincingly. Other than the fact that they both took on fatherhood so gloriously with non-biological kids, I think Dexter and David have exactly nothing in common. Especially since David wore his heart on his sleeve (cried almost every episode in the last season) while Dexter struggles to convincingly show even the most basic human emotions. I think that is why I'm looking forward to Season 5 so much, because Dexter is beginning to experience some authentic emotion and it will be interesting to see how he "grieves" for Rita.

Edited by esprit15d, May 20, 2010 @ 2:41 PM.

rowan sjet

rowan sjet

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2010 @ 5:31 PM

I was the other way around, watching Dexter first and then Six Feet Under. I actually started watching shortly after the end of the latest season and am now just a few episodes away from SFU's finale. It'll be odd going back to Dexter Morgan after MCH created another such well fleshed out character with David Fisher.

Edited by rowan sjet, Jul 20, 2010 @ 5:32 PM.

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

• Interests:Classic rock, bead weaving, playing the guitar and writing music.

Posted Jul 21, 2010 @ 12:46 AM

Does anybody think that Michael C. Hall's acting skills seem to be going downhill over the course of the series? He was consistently amazing during SFU, but from season 3 on, he just isn't nearly as good or convincing as they used to be.

esprit15d

esprit15d

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2010 @ 10:13 AM

Does anybody think that Michael C. Hall's acting skills seem to be going downhill over the course of the series? He was consistently amazing during SFU, but from season 3 on, he just isn't nearly as good or convincing as they used to be.

I totally recognize that everyone is entitled to their opinion. But there were moments in Seasons 4 MCH was increbible. The Thanksgiving episode and his next to last scene with Rita, when she was saying that he was a good man and they kissed on the bed come to mind.

Edited by esprit15d, Sep 17, 2010 @ 11:45 AM.

emziez

emziez

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2010 @ 5:26 PM

http://www.nytimes.c...mp;pagewanted=2

Great article on Michael and Dexter.

I still think MCH could sit on a chair eating dry cereal for one hour and make something award worthy out of that, but I digress.

moon called

moon called

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 10, 2010 @ 11:06 AM

Last night I watched an incredible video-captured radio interview from December 8, 2010 with Michael C. Hall in NYC. It's in three parts, but each part starts automatically without assistance. He Talks about Dexter in the second and third parts of the interview. While listening to him I kept thinking, what an intelligent, talented man! You may have to scroll down for the video feed. Enjoy!! :)

http://www.1019rxp.c...aspx?ID=1323229

JCScantling

JCScantling

Fanatic

Posted Dec 14, 2010 @ 3:17 PM

Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are Divorcing.

esprit15d

esprit15d

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 14, 2010 @ 4:21 PM

Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are Divorcing.

I'm just.., ugh. Gosh.

ohyeahhhh

ohyeahhhh

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 15, 2010 @ 9:31 AM

I am shocked to hear that MCH and JC have split! Then there's this: Michael C. Hall Cozying up to Julia Stiles?. It's interesting because I thought MCH and Julia had such great chemistry.

Evilida

Evilida

Posted Dec 28, 2010 @ 1:57 PM

I hope that Jennifer Carpenter will still be able to work with MCH because the relationship between Dexter and his sis is the core of the series. If the story about Julia Stiles is true (a big if, of course), that would make it much harder for them to work together amicably.

Thanks to JCScantling for pointing out my error.

Edited by Evilida, Dec 28, 2010 @ 3:43 PM.

JCScantling

JCScantling

Fanatic

Posted Dec 28, 2010 @ 3:16 PM

It's Carpenter. The other Jennifer is married to a British actor.