READ ME: Announcements from and questions for the Mod

• Please log in to reply

54 replies to this topic

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 6, 2007 @ 7:14 PM

Oh, you're right. Sorry about that; I've fixed the thread title.

Jose Cheung

Jose Cheung

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 14, 2007 @ 3:07 PM

Spoiler question - I checked the FAQ, which says plot info is not a spoiler once the ep has aired in the US. Does that go for any thread on the board?

I want to post an idea about where an element from "Father Knows Best" may go in the future. I was going to post it on the thread for "Father Knows Best", but I use stuff from the next several eps to support my conclusion. Is that OK, or would I need to spoiler-bar plot developments from subsequent eps when posting to a thread about an earlier ep?

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 14, 2007 @ 4:34 PM

Spoiler question - I checked the FAQ, which says plot info is not a spoiler once the ep has aired in the US. Does that go for any thread on the board?

Yes.

Is that OK, or would I need to spoiler-bar plot developments from subsequent eps when posting to a thread about an earlier ep?

As long as the episode has aired, you don't need to spoiler-bar it, even if you're posting in a thread for an earlier episode.

PineappleBunch

PineappleBunch

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 23, 2007 @ 12:18 AM

I don't want to be nitpicky, it's just not in my nature, but there is a glaring inconsistency with Mr. Stupidhead's recaplet. I can't find one of his posts to send him a message, so should I just shut up about it and hope it gets corrected in the actual recap, or is there a place to suggest a change? It's just something that's bothering me...a lot. Thanks!

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 23, 2007 @ 12:25 PM

According to the Contact Us page, you can contact the editors with that sort of thing.

AFishaNado

AFishaNado

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 31, 2007 @ 3:17 PM

Hey, TWOP Deitrich?

What the.... whyfor is the Botox thread I started locked? I was hoping others might have noticed this kind of thing, too. I didn't know where else to post it besides under general gabbery. Is starting new threads not allowed anymore?

Edited by TWoP Dietrich, Oct 31, 2007 @ 3:22 PM.
Don't sign your posts

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 31, 2007 @ 3:21 PM

That thread is locked because I felt it was too narrow to sustain much discussion; there's only so much you can say along the lines of "Yup, they look weird on high-def"/"I think they look fine". If you want to discuss that, feel free to use the episode threads, so you can point to specific scenes.

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 19, 2008 @ 8:08 PM

Remember that everything that has appeared on television is no longer a spoiler. So you shouldn't use spoiler bars to describe events from the first two seasons, even if you're describing something that hasn't happened yet on the CBS airings.

Having said that, obviously don't rush around shouting important plot points just to be a jerk about it. But spoiler bars should be reserved for things that are actual spoilers.

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 31, 2008 @ 12:01 PM

Hello, Dexter forum! I'm going to be taking a sabbatical from moderating for the summer (not for any particular reason; mostly because I sometimes like going outside and not having to give out warnings all day). So say hello to your new moderator, TWoP Tennison.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 31, 2008 @ 5:44 PM

Hi, everyone!

I've only seen the first season but love the show so far. I'm not familiar with recent episodes or news, so if you need me to do something like add or remove spoiler tags from someone's post, it would be helpful to give me some details. Like, "The first two sentences are a spoiler because that information hasn't been posted in the mainstream press yet," or "The last paragraph isn't a spoiler because it's something that aired last season."

Thanks!

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 11, 2008 @ 4:42 PM

I'm going on vacation after tomorrow. Your sub for Saturday will be TWoP Gadget and your sub for the week after that will be TWoP Mars. My PM system will be turned off, so please contact the mod on duty or post in the mod thread if you need anything.

clairebbbear

clairebbbear

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 10, 2008 @ 9:00 AM

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but what has happened to the recaps?

The last one was supposed to be on Friday but no sign of it. And they're only half the length they used to be.

Are we still going to have them?

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 10, 2008 @ 12:33 PM

I haven't heard anything about the recaps one way or the other. You can check with the editorial staff or maybe the recapper. Contact info is here.

SharonDee

SharonDee

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 6, 2009 @ 1:11 PM

I found this description for tonight's episode in my TV Guide online TV listings:

Dogged Debra's investigative skills have the department on the verge of not only nailing the Trinity Killer, but ultimately exposing Dexter's clandestine and deadly side job. It would also deprive him of the opportunity to deal with the serial murderer in his own way. At home, Rita's decision to confide in her husband doesn't garner the result for which she hoped. And back in the squad room, a breach of ethics has Batista and LaGuerta in hot water.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 7, 2009 @ 6:26 AM

Thanks, SharonDee. I'll add it to the thread.

MemberofHarem

MemberofHarem

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 6, 2010 @ 1:39 PM

I'm sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to mention this, but I just read the recap for last week's episode, and it seems phoned in. It's about half the usual length, and a bare bones recap. And, it only got posted today, eight days after it aired. TWoP is usually great at making the recaps something fun and interesting to read. If I wanted a bare bones recap, there are plenty of other websites for that, and those websites post their recaps the day after the episode airs. What gives?

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 6, 2010 @ 2:24 PM

You'd have to ask the recapper or someone in editorial. TWoPeditorial@nbcuni.com The moderators don't edit or post the recaps.

GraydonCarter

GraydonCarter

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2010 @ 8:40 PM

Shouldn't the episode title be "Through a Glass Darkly?"

edited to add:

I just checked the SHO site and they too are calling it "The Big One." I wonder why the discrepancy.

Edited by GraydonCarter, Dec 13, 2010 @ 8:46 PM.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 14, 2010 @ 6:16 AM

Yeah I had put "Through a Glass, Darkly" at first because that's what most of the listings were saying.

sauteed

sauteed

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 13, 2011 @ 5:28 PM

Are we still going to get full length recaps of Dexter? Or just recaplets?

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 14, 2011 @ 5:52 AM

I think there will still be full recaps, but I don't know why they haven't been posted. You can check with TWoPeditorial@nbcuni.com.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 15, 2012 @ 4:16 AM

If you have any questions or requests from 9/16 to 9/22, please pm TWoP Mars, who is subbing for me.

teevee100

teevee100

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 1, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

I'm in the thread for episode 701 and there is no quote or multi quote buttons under any of the posts, same in here, why is that?

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 4, 2012 @ 4:29 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. Individual posts don't have quote buttons. You can quote someone by using quote tags when you post a reply at the bottom of the page.

If you have questions about the way forums are formatted, you can post in the Tech Issues & Questions forum. The nuts and bolts stuff isn't moderator territory.

Edited by TWoP Tennison, Oct 4, 2012 @ 4:29 PM.

walnutqueen

walnutqueen

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2013 @ 2:16 PM

Hi TWoP Tennison.  Could you please correct the current episode title?  It now reads:     6-7: "Dress Code" 2013.08.11

Should be 8-7.

Thanks for your help!