Spoiler Discussion: Behind the Air Conditioner

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

1879 replies to this topic

hardy har

hardy har

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2012 @ 7:34 PM

God. Fucking. Damn. It.

I haven't watched this show in 2 years. I just . . . couldn't take it any more. Then my brother tells me Deb totally walks in on a Dex kill scene. Then, I hear casting spoilers. Then, I'm teased with Deb FINALLY finding out the whole truth and LaGuerta doing some digging on the BHB case? Fuck.

Am I going to be screwed if I don't watch the last 2 seasons? I'm hoping I can just watch the last finale and maybe hit up some season recaps on Youtube to fill in the blanks.

ETA: Thanks for the info, LevitateMe! I dare bet you have saved me many frustrating TV watching hours.

Edited by hardy har, Jul 11, 2012 @ 11:27 PM.

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 12:10 PM

hardy har- don't waste your time on the last 2 seasons. There were a few moments of classic Dexter but they are so few and far btwn it's not worth it. Punchline- S5 he "repents" for Rita's death via helping Julia Stiles/Lumen kill a band of serial rapists and murderers who he accidentally freed her from (and who's motivations for being serial rapists/murderers is never close to explained) but then in the end she leaves b/c once they are done killing that group she doesn't want to continue killing people or being with someone who does-- these are the "vigilante" murders so they might get referred back to by Deb. Only big thing here is that Deb comes close to catching Dexter and Lumen in the act but chooses to let them go (of course they are obscured from her sight) because she can understand that "some people deserve to die" as Harry said. That could be something you should know. S6-- not remotely worth watching except maybe the ep called Nebraska and the last 2 minutes of the finale. Punchline- Colin Hanks is a crazy "doomsday" killer trying to bring about the end of the world. Obviously without success. With this knowledge you should be totally fine for the new season. Esp considering they will probably explicate the fuck out of everything anyway.

ETA: Hardy har my pleasure I wish someone had done the same for me that's a full day of my life I will never get back. S5 not quite as bad as S6 but both were still pretty awful.

Edited by LevitateMe, Jul 19, 2012 @ 11:58 AM.

sarcasticisity

sarcasticisity

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 12, 2012 @ 9:14 PM

Two minute preview of the season premiere

Edited by sarcasticisity, Jul 12, 2012 @ 9:17 PM.

Mama No Life

Mama No Life

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2012 @ 10:43 PM

sarcasticisity, I watched that today and yelled "Holy Fuckballs!" OMG, I can't wait for this season....

cjuniverse

cjuniverse

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 14, 2012 @ 5:33 AM

They are REALLY going there.

I don't know. Judging by the two minute preview, it looks like they're backtracking. Instead of Deb connecting the dots and Dex spilling his beans, he's doing this out of "rage" etc. I hope this is just the beginning of an on going arc. I want Deb to find out for Real.

Atomic Clock

Atomic Clock

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2012 @ 11:36 AM

Hardy har, I would say that Season 5 isn't as good as four, but it is worth the watch. The finale will piss you off. It looks as if Season 7 is going to turn out to be what Season 6 should've been, but oh well. I would also agree that "Nebraska," S06e07, was a good ride because Brian and Trinity's son come back. I also liked the premier ep, but otherwise, it's a skipper.

This is why I never write a show off after one bad season. I was ready to give up after Season 3, but then S4 came roaring back like a killer train. If 7 lives up to the spoiler hype, I'm back on board with a full price ticket.

Edited by Atomic Clock, Jul 14, 2012 @ 11:37 AM.

Jayxter

Jayxter

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 14, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

They are REALLY going there.

I don't know. Judging by the two minute preview, it looks like they're backtracking. Instead of Deb connecting the dots and Dex spilling his beans, he's doing this out of "rage" etc. I hope this is just the beginning of an on going arc. I want Deb to find out for Real.

A.) Its only the first two minutes.
B.) They're both in complete fucking shock. You can tell Debra already doesn't- can't- buy his story. My guess is Dexter can't keep her from calling the station but Debra allows him to escape. At the investigation, Laguerta finds the blood slide- the one that "gets lost in all the chaos"- and she either openly or discreetly makes the connection to the BHB and reopens the case

Nightmare Logic

Nightmare Logic

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2012 @ 9:31 PM

I liked Season 5 except for the last five minutes or so. I was a Rita fan so the show killing her off was heartbreaking but Lumen was beginning to fill the void. I get they could never of lasted but having her walk away out of nowhere never made any sense. Season 6 I agree was an off season but I am hoping that was just a fluke and season 7 will be killer. (I know bad pun.)

Edited by Nightmare Logic, Jul 14, 2012 @ 9:32 PM.

Atomic Clock

Atomic Clock

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2012 @ 3:21 PM

It's not a stretch to figure out that LaGuerta will have at least one ally in her quest to clear Doakes. Quinn still harbors some bitterness toward Dex and Deb, and he knows that Dex killed Liddy.

Will Angel get caught in the crossfire? Of course. Who's side will he come down on? Who knows.

Btw, does anyone know if the cop from Chicago (forget his name) will be coming back? What about Angel's sister and the weird intern with the videogame?

Edited by Atomic Clock, Jul 15, 2012 @ 3:22 PM.

drtina1

drtina1

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 15, 2012 @ 9:30 PM

If you go on YouTube, they have a slow mo video of Showtime's super fast Dexter season 7 preview. There are a few glimpses of Louis (Dexter wannabe) in the slow mo video. He's going to factor in there somewhere for sure. There's some other really great potential scenes in that promo, too.

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

AtomicClock I do know the answer about Mike Anderson (the Chi-town detective) coming back, do you want to know it too? It's very spoilerly and I am a moron who can't figure out how to work the spoiler bars.

I agree with Jayxter let's take the good folks behind Dexter at their word once more. They have said Deb is going to find out about it all, not just about stupid Colin Hanks. So let's trust them... once more. If they fuck it up this last time, then so be it, alas poor Dexter, etc etc.

Atomic Clock

Atomic Clock

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2012 @ 3:26 AM

LevitateMe, I don't think the spoiler bars are required inside the spoiler thread, so it's all good. Please share whatever you know about Chicago Mike.

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2012 @ 12:05 PM

AtomicClock sure. Chicago Mike, who brought one of the actually good moments of all of last season (the Flamingo!) despite being largely useless, is going to be a victim in the first episode. So they're going to be investigating his murder. (That is the MMPD will be doing so while Deb is reeling from the holy fuckballs she better be getting smacked with in the face in this first ep).

Atomic Clock

Atomic Clock

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2012 @ 11:56 PM

Well screw that! I loved Chicago Mike! Aside from Sam, he was the only other decent thing about last season. What is it with Dexter killing off all of the decent characters; Doakes, Lundie, Chicago Mike, while tools like Quinn and LaGuerta get a pass?

Did we get any other juicy spoilers from the TCA Press pannel?

Edited by Atomic Clock, Jul 30, 2012 @ 11:57 PM.

teevee100

teevee100

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 31, 2012 @ 4:00 AM

This promo shows how the situation at the church with Deb/Dex/DDK is resolved.

http://www.youtube.c...kQ&feature=plcp

This promo eludes to Debra connecting the dots with Dexter's involment in some of the significant past kills and cases

http://www.youtube.c...lc&feature=plcp

Edited by teevee100, Jul 31, 2012 @ 4:04 AM.

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2012 @ 5:47 PM

I don't know if anyone has comcast/xfinity on demand, but they have all of the seasons of Dexter so far playing. Anyway, there is a combined Homeland/Dexter promo that airs before each individual episode. I've been rewatching all of the seasons, so while I do not have a link, but I've seen it a lot. It's really short, but basically it has Deb saying that she understands everything and hugging Dexter. So maybe she will understand the "Dark Passenger?"

hardy har

hardy har

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 8:26 PM

Oh, I'm gonna be so pissed if that's how it plays out. I mean, I get it initially, but if she isn't arresting him by the time the show is done I may kick my TV.

Edited by hardy har, Aug 10, 2012 @ 8:26 PM.

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 12:11 PM

Here's a link to the Dexter facebook with the Season 7 trailer which has huge spoilers. You don't need to have a facebook to watch the trailer. You can just go on the link and boom, watch the trailer. It's probably the darkest, best trailer for Dexter I've ever seen. I'm actually excited for Sept 30th to come around and this is the first time I'm sad for the show to end. If it would have been like this the whole time, then it'd be awesome. Now I'm sad about this being the last two seasons.

Oni

Oni

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 6:18 PM

The trailer on Showtime's official YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2NzpnjVmuCA

Edited by Oni, Sep 30, 2012 @ 10:33 PM.

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 17, 2012 @ 9:07 AM

Fuck me sideways in both ears that is a great trailer. Love Deb full-on punching him! Love the fact they are not whitewashing this and that Deb is going to figure it all out. Not sure if Masuka is being killed there... but it doesn't look good. The Louis stuff is also mad confusing but looks intense! Anyway unstable Dexter with super high stakes is going to make for awesome television assuming they can just fucking get it right this time.

Now that I think about it that is what was missing, really, from the past 2 seasons. Stakes. Repercussions. Possibility of getting caught/having to fight back. In season 1 after Dexter killed the bad coyote and his wife, he honestly thought he could get caught-- plus Doakes was around the whole time just waiting to catch him in his "relationship" with ITK. S2 we still have Doakes plus even higher stakes because there is an FBI investigation focused on Dexter (I love S2 and just try to disregard Lila as a plot device because everything else about that season is awesome). S3 opens with Dexter committing a random murder where he could have been caught, then Miguel catches him red-handed, and then his "friendship" with Miguel takes his could-get-caught-at-any-moment factor to a new level. S4... there are stakes too because now that he's married and Mr. Suburbs he could get caught by his wife, who realizes things are off in many ways, not to mention law enforcement as he pushes it with Trinity/Trinity family. But in S5 and S6, with the exception of the finales of both and one episode in S5 with the warehouse where he does come very close to getting caught by Deb & Masuka, there are never any stakes. Even the S5 Quinn/Liddy plotline never really felt like it was a real threat for more than max 30 minutes before it was taken care of. Dexter is at his best with his back against a wall. Here's hoping the writers can keep in there bc I think that's the tension that makes this show be the best it can be, as opposed to close to a parody of it's original self like last year.

I am officially less sad that Breaking Bad is going on long hiatus soon because if this promo is indicative of the kind of stuff we will get this season then... Dexter may have redeemed itself after all. Here's hoping!

Atomic Clock

Atomic Clock

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

Agree with your Dexter analysis 100 percent, LevitateMe. The tension of the show arises from Dexter always being in a corner. The last two seasons never really achieved that.

Can't agree with your assertions about Breaking Bad. It has thus far managed to pull off what Dexter, The Sopranos and every other crime show has failed to accomplish; it started out good, became great and has had very few (if any) missteps along the way.

DrLar

DrLar

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2012 @ 3:06 PM

Hey maybe that isn't Masuka Dexter is killing, remember the criminal that looked a lot like Masuka and Dexter finally caught him..

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 26, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

Hey maybe that isn't Masuka Dexter is killing, remember the criminal that looked a lot like Masuka and Dexter finally caught him.

Sadly MMPD caught that dude in S3- Ellen Wolf was his defense attorney and worked with LaGuerta to to bring him into custody right before Miguel killed her. Unless he escaped or was not convicted I don't think its the sock guy. I'm thinking maybe Dexter is testing something on Masuka (like when he and Deb tried to smash a dummy in the head to recreate a bludgeoning and the patterns it would create) but maybe not?

Can't agree with your assertions about Breaking Bad. It has thus far managed to pull off what Dexter, The Sopranos and every other crime show has failed to accomplish; it started out good, became great and has had very few (if any) missteps along the way.

Sorry Atomic Clock I think I misspoke. What I mean to say is that if Dexter does turn out to be good this year, it will help me in the current Breaking Bad withdrawal I am experiencing. I am certainly not saying this is a better show. It's a different show so not a perfect comp but..... it is certainly not better, not even close. In fact I think becoming addicted to BB has actually made me even more critical of Dexter-- I started watching BB btwn S5 and S6 of Dexter, and while I wasn't a fan of S5, S6 drove me to the verge of quitting the show altogether because I can't take the TV for dummies shit anymore. I am hoping early S7 is a return to early season form or else the quitting will happen.

OK so... very much looking fwd to seeing the premiere and if it does in fact live up to the hype.

sierrabear

sierrabear

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 27, 2012 @ 1:16 PM

Breaking Bad did that to me, too. It's the measure of character development, slow-burn storytelling, quality plotting that makes me just cringe when I watch procedural sometimes.

That said, thankfully, Dexter is not one of those type shows. It can be predictable and pale in comparison to BB but I don't think it's awful or anything. It just needs someone in the writing room who knows exactly where they want to take each of the characters in the long run.

Atomic Clock

Atomic Clock

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2012 @ 2:14 PM

You guys are spot on with BB. I even watch The Sopranos with more of a critical eye than I used to when comparing it to BB, and that was supposed to be the cream of the crop where crime dramas are concerned.

Then there's Dexter. Even Alan Sepinwall, who pretty much wrote the show off last year (as did I) tweeted that he got sucked back in by the first two eps of S7. I wrote Dex off after S3, only to get yanked back into the bloody mix for the excellent S4. This show isn't consistently good, but when it's good, it's really good.

If the show lives up to the trailer hype, I'm in till the end.

Edited by Atomic Clock, Sep 28, 2012 @ 2:16 PM.

Atropos

Atropos

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

Careful, guys - the trailers for seasons three and five were great too, but ended up only focusing on the events of the first couple of episodes. The season 3 trailer had nothing about Dexter's partnership with Miguel, season 5 made it look like the whole thing was going to be about Dexter struggling with his guilt and slowly coming unhinged, etc. Both incredibly misleading (although I don't dislike either of those seasons as much as most seem to). I personally think the whole 'Dex waffling over whether or not to kill Deb,' and possibly the intern plotline as well, will be resolved by the end of episode 2, at the latest. LaGuerta re-investigating the BHB murders may be a season-long thing.

hadapurpura

hadapurpura

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2012 @ 5:35 PM

Two-minute preview of next episode

I ship Debster, but if I were her, I'd run like I had wheels instead of legs. Poor Deb.

Edited by hadapurpura, Oct 5, 2012 @ 5:37 PM.

Jayxter

Jayxter

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 6:39 AM

http://tvcountdown.com/s/dexter

If these previews are anything to go by:
-Issac gets out of jail soon. No suprise
-The kiddies make a return after being put on a bus for about two years. Given the generally improved quality of this season, I wonder how this'll play out since it has to be more than to just remind us that they're still alive.
- Skeletor, aka Quinn, gets into a "power struggle" with the Koshkas. Unless it ends with him dead, don't give a shit
- Dexter and Hanna's relationship (cough) gets noticed by a crime writer.
- Batista gets some sort of job offer; are they trying to write him off the show?
- Its all but confirmed that the last episode is "Suprise Mothafucker". Me thinks Laguerta's little investigation winds up with Dexter on the run.

To paraphase the recaplet, this episode seems to be the end of "Act I". All the characters' arcs are spelled out and Dexter's obstacles are now spelled out. It looks like Hannah will be the core of Act II, which I'm guessing, will be Episodes 6-9, maybe 10.

I'm calling it now, this season ends with:
-Quinn dead. (dead dead, not walking dead like he is now)
-Batista off the force
-Issac dead (this is a given)
-Laguerta thinking that Hannah or Deb is the BHB. Hear me out: there was a line in yesterday's episode regarding the BHB and Debra says something to the effect of them finding out who "he" is and Laguerta says "or she." This line is too awkwardly inserted to not mean anything and we all know guest stars don't make it past the season finale...
-Dexter gets uncovered at the very end as either the BHB or at least a serial killer in general. Between Laguerta, Issac, Deb, Quinn, Issac's lacky club owner, and soon to be Hannah, there are just too many people walking around that know or will know he's a killer. There's just no way this season can end neatly like the others and its already said that this season is setting up the arc for the final.

Edited by Jayxter, Oct 29, 2012 @ 12:36 PM.

hadapurpura

hadapurpura

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 2:36 PM

Laguerta thinking that Hannah or Deb is the BHB. Hear me out: there was a line in yesterday's episode regarding the BHB and Debra says something to the effect of them finding out who "he" is and Laguerta says "or she." This line is too awkwardly inserted to not mean anything and we all know guest stars don't make it past the season finale...

I hope LaGuerta's suspect is Deb, because I wanna see the big face-off be between them. There are many parallels between them, and it would just generally be awesome.

Ednamode

Ednamode

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 3:38 PM

I've heard conflicting reports about how the Dexter/Hannah relationship is going to unfold. Some people think she's going to be a love interest, but the previews show that Dexter wants to kill her.