Morning Joe

• Please log in to reply

12987 replies to this topic

indianhoop

indianhoop

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

Hard to believe that the McLaughlin Group is still on...is it still 1986????

HyeChaps

HyeChaps

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

Pat wants it to be 1956.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:41 PM

Mika's eating disorder was front and center yesterday when she dove right into the birthday cake. Cut a piece? Of course not! She just stuck her fork in the middle like she was starving to death (probably not far from the truth). Creepy.

And where was Willie's cake? Mika probably banned it.

I don't know that she has all that much room to preach about tanning mom. Yes, that lady is a freak and harming herself badly while Mika probably spray tans. But Mika is not a normal shade of human either.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 1:37 PM

P.S. Uncle Pat is still on McLaughlin Group.
Renard

He was on Hannity's show a few nights ago.

Thurday & Friday's partial review.

Joe's latest tactic is to interrupt everyone during the first 15 minutes of the show.

Yesterday he went after Harold Ford Jr who bragged that he was going to the NHL hockey game with the Rangers owner. He also said he had a wicked windsor knot on.

Mika was upset because no one could endorse Mitt Romney properly without complaining.

Joe was upset about Romney complaining about Jimmy Carter's presidency . he said we should leave it alone because Carter was old.

Joe made fun of Elizabeth warren being run over by the Obama Bus yet allowing herself to be featured in ads with Obama. He did it in a kids voice.

Mika said Warren was a great candidate & should win against Scott Brown.

Mika called Joe an idiot.& said she knew what it was like to be thrown under the bus by CBS.

There was a new ad by American Crossroads from Karl Rove about going backward not forward under Obama.

Valerie Jarrett emailed Mika to tell her to beat up Joe.

There was cake for Wllie who turned 37.

The tanning mom was scary.

Today Ed Rendell was on.They wre talking about the economy.

Joe said Clinton use to watch gas prices but now jobs are important.

Donnie Deutsche came on to say economists are predicting 7.9% unemployment by labor Day, so the trend is in Obama's favor.

Joe started shouting at Donnie & said he didn't know any economist who believed those numbers.

The numbers came out later in the show and were disappointing with 115K jobs created.

Donnie said Romney can't win the electoral college. Joe said it could be deadlocked till the final week.

They discussed the Bin Laden diaries, * Osama didn't like Fox News but preferred CBS. He thought CNN was neutral. Osama was upset when Keith Olbermann was fired.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 10:37 AM

What's with Mika and Elizabeth Warren? We get it, she's a woman, you want her to win. But she's so damned humorless about it. I actually really laughed at Joe's impression of her and the bus coming. And then Mika, bitch-faced as ever SHOUTS, "I know the view from under the bus!".

I'd love to see her after a few vodkas. I'm going with angry drunk.

shabbieshok

shabbieshok

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 3:05 AM

What's with Mika and Elizabeth Warren?

What's with Joe and Elizabeth Warren? Joe's been yelling the same garbage for a year now but neglects to mention that the Republicans would never confirm her. It wasn't Obama driving the bus that ran over her, it was the Republicans but of course Joe wouldn't tell the truth about something like that. The Republicans were scared to death Warren would officially take the office and they'd be in deep do-do because she would have been very effective and would have taken all the bank and Wall Street screw-ups to the public. Instead karma is going to do its job and she'll become a senator and drive them crazy from there.

shabbieshok

shabbieshok

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 5:58 AM

Joe is such an idiot. Oh no, we can't have growth in government services by hiring back the teachers the states fired and getting back up to staffing limits with other civil employees like police and fire and the people that inspect the roads and the food you eat. Horrors!!!! That's not going to solve the debt problem according to him because it costs money. Well, raise some taxes you neanderthal which is what civilized societies do.

You cretin. Having an uneducated workforce is only going to delay any possible growth in the economy which would help the debt and all those teachers and fired state workers back on a payroll will give them money that they can SPEND!!!! Which in turn creates jobs creating services and goods. It's impossible to have an intelligent conversation on that show because he just yells and filibusters anyone who disagrees with his antiquated ideas. He's such an asshole I can't bear to listen to his voice.

snorca

snorca

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:38 AM

Joe is such an idiot. Oh no, we can't have growth in government services by hiring back the teachers the states fired and getting back up to staffing limits with other civil employees like police and fire and the people that inspect the roads and the food you eat. Horrors!!!! That's not going to solve the debt problem according to him because it costs money. Well, raise some taxes you neanderthal which is what civilized societies do.

You cretin. Having an uneducated workforce is only going to delay any possible growth in the economy which would help the debt and all those teachers and fired state workers back on a payroll will give them money that they can SPEND!!!! Which in turn creates jobs creating services and goods. It's impossible to have an intelligent conversation on that show because he just yells and filibusters anyone who disagrees with his antiquated ideas. He's such an asshole I can't bear to listen to his voice.

Apparently, you are in my head this morning.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:38 AM

If he said, "Cheney" one more time, I swear I was going to throw something heavy at my TV. But then it's only me who gets hurt. Oh wait, that's already happening. I'm in a federal government family. Not only do we not get any raises anymore, but now we must all die.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 7:46 PM

I agree that it doesn't make sense to layoff teachers when you need an educated workforce to compete.

There was a good interview with David Ignatieus yesterday. He said the USA will benefit from cheap Natural Gas extracted from shale which will lower the cost of electricity.

Joe said the USA has the world's best universities which will be good to train young workers.

They complained about gridlock in Washington, which i my view does have an unintended benefit.

Austerity measures can't be passed due to the gridlock. ( Higher taxes or lower spending)

In Europe, governments have passed strict austerity measures which have weakened the economy & made the debt crisis worse.

There is a difference between smart austerity measures like in Germany where there was job sharing programs and pay cuts in manufacturing but no layoffs vs dumb austerity measures in the rest of Europe which was to layoff everyone .

Joe talked about the Mercedes plants in the South being very productive.

Ignatious said that making cars in China isn't as efficient as productivity is lower than the USA & transport costs are high to get the goods to the USA.

They also talked about gay marriage & Joe said Obama wants to have it both ways. He is afraid of being pro gay marriage because he could lose Indiana, Iowa & North Carolina but will become pro gay marriage after the election.

Chuck Todd came on & told a story about Joe Biden meeting a gay couple with parents & Joe laughed at Chuck saying was it the first time that Biden met gay people. Joe said that Biden must have been happy that the parents were nice to the kids.Joe called Chuck Todd "dude" & said the press should not let Obama get away with these made up stories.

I agree with Joe that Obama has to stop evolving. Obama should declare himself in favor of gay marriage once and for all. He should not pander to anti gay marriage forces.

Todd said gay money is more important than Wall Street. Joe said Cheney supports Gay marriage. He has a gay daughter.

Someone said that in California, hispanics & many african americans were opposed to gay marriage and voted it down in a referendum.

I think Chuck Todd said more hispanics in north carolina would help Obama but Joe said hispanics could be anti gay marriage.

I am sure Obama is tough enough to take on anti gay marriage advocates.

Landsnarkk

Landsnarkk

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 7:41 AM

Mitt Romney's former partner at Bain Capital, Wrong-Ass Douchey Fuck Face, Edward Conard, was on this morning to tout his hunk of shit book, "Unintended Consequences: Why Everything You've Been Told About the Economy is Wrong." And in so doing, he explained how the 99% can eat fucking cake. He was Johnathon Swift, but serious about his Modest Proposal.

Read the 5 "reviews" of the book on Amazon. Done by fake accounts from the publisher's guerilla PR firm.

Rickster

Rickster

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 9:54 AM

I am sure Obama is tough enough to take on anti gay marriage advocates

It's not about toughness, it's political calculation about what sort of stance will not alienate independents in more socially conservative swing states, to give him a better chance to be re-elected.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 11:57 AM

How convenient of Joe to be gone on the day after Obama finally comes out (so to speak) on gay marriage. Joe harped endlessly about it yesterday .. why not show up today?

Mika in charge of the show... pass.

kingofpoppa

kingofpoppa

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

So using the killing of OBL is pathetic and desperate but using Mrs Romeny's illnesses isn't?

kadooz

kadooz

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 6:16 AM

Well, pigs are flying past my window this morning because I found myself agreeing with something Joe said. I do agree that if gay rights are indeed civil rights (and who should even question that??), why should those rights be left to the discretion of the states. Why is it not a federal law, like any other type of segregation.

Well, even a stopped clock...

Landsnarkk

Landsnarkk

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 6:46 AM

No, kadooz, it's a straw man argument. He's taking a false position on purpose to force left wingers/Obama to take risky, impolitic positions on gay marriage. The Civil Rights movement and Suffrage are not equivalent to a Gay Marriage amendment, and any apples-to-apples comparisons he makes are disingenuous and intentionally misleading.

Republicans are entirely anti-gay marriage correct? For Joe, gay marriage = civil rights movement so...
The reply to his position on this is: "So Joe, your point is that a reasonable Republican could and should argue that black Americans are not citizens equal to white Americans, and women should not vote?"
Either he says "correct" and changes the subject, or he is forced to agree that it's HIS, and everyone's, "moral obligation" to push for marriage equality - which he's gone to great lengths to equate with the Civil Rights movement. But, he doesn't feel that way, which proves the hole in his theory that Barack Obama should put his Presidency on the line to support a Constitutional amendment making gay marriage legal.

15 years ago, 75% of Americans were anti-gay. Today America is 51% in support of equal rights. The needle will continue to move.

Edited by Landsnarkk, May 11, 2012 @ 7:39 AM.

michaelrbn

michaelrbn

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 6:57 AM

Why isn't anyone on that panel correcting Joe when he keeps repeating his idiotic assertion the Hubert Humphrey "stormed out of the 1948 Democratic Convention" over the issue of civil rights?

Humphrey gave a famous speech that resulted in the convention adding a plank to the party platform supporting civil rights for African-Americans. It was the racist Southerners (Strom Thurmond and his Dixiecrats) who left the convention and the party.

If Joe can't get such a simple fact correct, why is anyone listening to what he says?

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 7:26 AM

It's not about toughness, it's political calculation about what sort of stance will not alienate independents in more socially conservative swing states, to give him a better chance to be re-elected

It's good news that Obama is finally in favour of same sex marriage, but the question is will he support it as a plank at the DNC convention in Charlotte?

I hope Obama has the courage to campaign for same sex marriage throughout the country.

The reply to his position on this is: "So Joe, your point is that a reasonable Republican could and should argue that black Americans are not citizens equal to white Americans, and women should not vote?"

Are you referring to the initial draft of the constitution which said that african americans are 3/5 of a person?

No, kadooz, it's a straw man argument. He's taking a false position on purpose to force left wingers/Obama to take risky, impolitic positions on gay marriage. The Civil Rights movement and Suffrage are not equivalent to a Gay Marriage amendment, and any apples-to-apples comparisons he makes are disingenuous and intentionally misleading.

I think you are right about Joe gleefully twisting the fact to make Obama in favor of "state's rights"

It appears that Obama will not campaign on making gay marriage a civil right for all Americans.

Joe was also upset about the story of Romney bullying a student who turned out to be Gay. He told Eugene Robinson that the story appears to be planned to be released a day after Obama came out in favor of gay marriage. Mark Mcinnin said that the family of the teen disputed the facts of him being gay.

Joe said that China's economy is slowing.

Mika is not on the show today.

michaelrbn

michaelrbn

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 7:48 AM

It's irrelevant whether the student was in fact gay. He was perceived by Romney and the others hence the attack.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 9:51 AM

I woke up at 3am here on the west coast and listened the first half hour while tired. Did I miss Joe ever even mentioning that it was Romney that organized the posse and had the scissors in his hand? To me it sounded like he just talked about "harmless" bullying - not assault and battery, imo. Also, did he imply Obama's people planted this story with the Washington Post of all news organizations?

Eliot

Eliot

Stalker

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 10:23 AM

I woke up at 3am here on the west coast and listened the first half hour while tired. Did I miss Joe ever even mentioning that it was Romney that organized the posse and had the scissors in his hand? To me it sounded like he just talked about "harmless" bullying - not assault and battery, imo. Also, did he imply Obama's people planted this story with the Washington Post of all news organizations?

Once again, Joe set up a strawman argument constructed of other strawman arguments in an effort to distract and confuse everyone around him.

The issue is not that Romney "did something stupid" when he was in high school. The issue is that he claims to "not remember" doing something that not only left an indelible mark on the victim (according to the news report), it also so troubled his friends and fellow posse members that they have never forgotten it themselves. So either he's lying, or he has a profound lack of empathy. Which just adds to the whole narrative about him being callous and unfeeling ("not caring" about poor people, "liking to fire people," sticking his sick, shivering, soaking when dog on the roof of the car for a nine-hour highway trip to Canada, etc. etc. etc.)

And, yeah, Romney "may not have known" the kid was GAY, but I'm not that much younger than he is and I can tell you for sure that even back in those days we sure knew when someone was DIFFERENT.

If Romney had said something like, "You know, I've thought about that incident a lot over the years and I feel terrible about it. I am a different person today and I wish this man was still alive so I could apologize in person for the hurt I caused." it would have been a GREAT statement. Instead, he dismissed and minimized it as "hijinks," and a "prank that went to far," which, to me, just indicates what a jerk he still is.

What pisses me off is that Joe KNOWS all this. But, as usual, he knee-jerk defers to the Republican narrative.

And his whole rant about Obama's stance on same-sex marriage being "meaningless" is nonsense. Obama did NOT come out with the "same position as Ron Paul and Ronald Reagan." Neither of them EVER came out and said publicly that they support the rights of same-sex couples to marry. Yes, Obama has to, for now, defer to the states. But he is on record now as being in favor of the right to marry and no other sitting President has EVER done this.

I hate Joe.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 11:29 AM

It's unclear what happened. One student who is now a lawyer who witnessed the event said Romney committed assault & battery. Unfortunately, the student who was bullied died in 2004.

His family now is upset about the story being public .

http://abcnews.go.co...lying-incident/

Apparently, some conservative groups are now saying that Obama bullied a girl in school etc.

Chuck Todd warned a few weeks ago that there would be many of these stories till the conventions.

Mika showed up later in the show & they interviewed an author about dealing with kids who use facebook. Very entertaining.

irisheyes

irisheyes

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 9:43 PM

Can I have Joe and Mika's job and just show up whenever I feel like it? Mika didn't roll in today until about 7 or so.

There was something that Joe said today that pissed me off, but darned if I can't remember it.

QueenL

QueenL

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 11:19 PM

Once again, Joe set up a strawman argument constructed of other strawman arguments in an effort to distract and confuse everyone around him.

The issue is not that Romney "did something stupid" when he was in high school. The issue is that he claims to "not remember" doing something that not only left an indelible mark on the victim (according to the news report), it also so troubled his friends and fellow posse members that they have never forgotten it themselves. So either he's lying, or he has a profound lack of empathy. Which just adds to the whole narrative about him being callous and unfeeling ("not caring" about poor people, "liking to fire people," sticking his sick, shivering, soaking when dog on the roof of the car for a nine-hour highway trip to Canada, etc. etc. etc.)

And, yeah, Romney "may not have known" the kid was GAY, but I'm not that much younger than he is and I can tell you for sure that even back in those days we sure knew when someone was DIFFERENT.

If Romney had said something like, "You know, I've thought about that incident a lot over the years and I feel terrible about it. I am a different person today and I wish this man was still alive so I could apologize in person for the hurt I caused." it would have been a GREAT statement. Instead, he dismissed and minimized it as "hijinks," and a "prank that went to far," which, to me, just indicates what a jerk he still is.

What pisses me off is that Joe KNOWS all this. But, as usual, he knee-jerk defers to the Republican narrative.

And his whole rant about Obama's stance on same-sex marriage being "meaningless" is nonsense. Obama did NOT come out with the "same position as Ron Paul and Ronald Reagan." Neither of them EVER came out and said publicly that they support the rights of same-sex couples to marry. Yes, Obama has to, for now, defer to the states. But he is on record now as being in favor of the right to marry and no other sitting President has EVER done this.

I hate Joe.

Thank you. You saved me the irritation. I have now deleted the show off of my DVR, and will not watch.

I knew he'd be exactly as you described, but for some reason I'm a masochist and was interested in hearing it. Now, that's not so much the case anymore. I'm already feeling irritated just reading about it.

Stay Douchey, Joe!

shabbieshok

shabbieshok

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 2:50 AM

It's unclear what happened. One student who is now a lawyer who witnessed the event said Romney committed assault & battery. Unfortunately, the student who was bullied died in 2004.

No, it's not unclear. Joe and Mitt and the rest of the Republicans may be flailing like crazy to try and muddy the waters and make every excuse they can think of but five, FIVE, different people spoke to the Washington Post about the incident and they all told basically the same story. All five remain troubled about it except for good ol' Mitt who chuckled and said he couldn't remember.

This isn't quite true either as much as Joe and Willie and other Republicans might try to spin it. One sister said "the portrayal of John is factually incorrect" although she didn't say how it was incorrect. The sisters were not aware the incident had ever happened.

Spot on Eliot. I've hardly watched in the last few weeks because just the sound of Joe's voice makes me nauseous and who needs that so early in the morning! He is such a belligerent bully and hypocrite and he's only going to get worse the closer it gets to the election. In his mind, there was (and is) nothing wrong with Obama's background being gone through with a fine toothed comb back to when he was in kindergarten and anything said by anyone who Obama might have tangentially come into contact with can be attributed to Obama, and he can be called all sorts of despicable names and labels and that's all worth a good laugh from Joe. It's all so ugly.

cosmic1

cosmic1

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 10:21 AM

I can look past the 'atta girl' comments - that's something that guys do to rib each other, so no big deal. But, to physically restrain someone and cut their hair? That's really bad and goes way beyond the boys will be boys thing. I'm sure the poor man they did this to never got over it.

The worst part of this whole thing is Mitten's chuckling over it. What kind of person does that? Would he chuckle if it happened to one of his kids? Or, would he chuckle if one of his kids did it and went to jail for it? I hope his wife cued him in on this one.

Joe should not excuse him for that. I probably will stop watching as both Mika and Joe irritate me and that is no way to start my day. LOL.

Eliot

Eliot

Stalker

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 5:13 PM

The worst part of this whole thing is Mitten's chuckling over it. What kind of person does that? Would he chuckle if it happened to one of his kids? Or, would he chuckle if one of his kids did it and went to jail for it? I hope his wife cued him in on this one.

I despise Mitt Romney, but I suspect the chuckling (while wholly inappropriate) is just a nervous tic of his. He is so humorless and socially awkward and often chuckles stupidly during stressful situations.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 5:14 PM

No, it's not unclear. Joe and Mitt and the rest of the Republicans may be flailing like crazy to try and muddy the waters and make every excuse they can think of but five, FIVE, different people spoke to the Washington Post about the incident and they all told basically the same story. All five remain troubled about it except for good ol' Mitt who chuckled and said he couldn't remember.

The story is odd because if the boy was attacked by Mitt Romney with scissors, wouldn't the boy have complained to school officials about his hair being cut off?

Did Mitt Romney's parents intervene to protect Mitt from being suspended etc??

Mitt Romney has being running for office since the 1990's. when the boy was alive. Why didn't the boy, then man in the 1990's come forward to discuss the bullying incident.

I agree that it is bizarre that Romney didn't remember the incident. Is he suffering from amnesia, or early stage dementia? How could he forget an incident like that?

This isn't quite true either as much as Joe and Willie and other Republicans might try to spin it. One sister said "the portrayal of John is factually incorrect" although she didn't say how it was incorrect. The sisters were not aware the incident had ever happened.

It's odd that the family didn't know about his hair being cut off. Wouldn't his parents, or the boy himself discuss the issue? Was the family aware that he was gay? It's strange.

This would have been the right thing to do if Romney did in fact attack the boy with scissors.

Spot on Eliot. I've hardly watched in the last few weeks because just the sound of Joe's voice makes me nauseous and who needs that so early in the morning! He is such a belligerent bully and hypocrite and he's only going to get worse the closer it gets to the election.

I agree that Joe is shouting more now. For a guy who says he won't endorse Romney, he does try to defend him.

In his mind, there was (and is) nothing wrong with Obama's background being gone through with a fine toothed comb back to when he was in kindergarten and anything said by anyone who Obama might have tangentially come into contact with can be attributed to Obama, and he can be called all sorts of despicable names and labels and that's all worth a good laugh from Joe. It's all so ugly.

In fairness, We don't know much about Obama life before he became a state senator other than what was released in his biography. It;s not as relevant now since he is President.

I find it odd that his grades were not released. I am not sure if this is standard US law. I remember Bush & Kerry's academic records were released. Everyone was shocked that Bush had better grades than Kerry.

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 7:07 PM

This would have been the right thing to do if Romney did in fact attack the boy with scissors.

He DID, in fact, attack the boy- there are 5 witness whose stories corroborate that fact.

It's odd that the family didn't know about his hair being cut off. Wouldn't his parents, or the boy himself discuss the issue? Was the family aware that he was gay? It's strange.

I highly doubt that 50 years ago in prep-school America a teenage boy would admit to his parents he was assaulted because he was gay. 50 years ago that could get you killed- it still can today, in certain backwater areas of the country, but 50 yrs. ago being gay was something that almost no one would admit to being. Douchey knows this- all the republican attackers know it- but they will do anything to prop up their guy.

And if Douchebourgho had said that Romney should've said that, I'd have more respect for him as well. It is beyond any sensible, reasoned thought to not believe Romney is lying when he says he doesn't remember, & Douchey should call him out on it, as Rachel Maddow did brilliantly, but he never will because to him, it's all a game.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 8:36 PM

I highly doubt that 50 years ago in prep-school America a teenage boy would admit to his parents he was assaulted because he was gay. 50 years ago that could get you killed- it still can today, in certain backwater areas of the country, but 50 yrs. ago being gay was something that almost no one would admit to being. Douchey knows this- all the republican attackers know it- but they will do anything to prop up their guy.

It makes sense that he would not admit at that time that he was gay. However, wouldn't his parents wonder what happened to his hair?

Perhaps, the Washington Post will get access to the school records to see if the incident was reported by the bullied boy.?