Morning Joe

• Please log in to reply

12992 replies to this topic

kingofpoppa

kingofpoppa

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 6:51 AM

I wanted someone to at least ask the question, how much help did she have, cleaning ladies, babysitters?
Because the average stay at home mom has none of these things and this is not an average family.

Landsnarkk

Landsnarkk

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 7:42 AM

I cannot believe Mika and Joe are trouncing all over the black nerd on the show with the big glasses and double Windsor knot who is trying to get to say that Mitt Romney's political advice on the average American woman is derived from what his wife knows. Joe said, "John Kerry was rich, your point is moot." Mika is now scolding him like a shrill harpy on how MIKA KNOWS how hard it is, and how it's wrong to not value women or mothers. GOOD LORD.
They are all racing towards sanctimony, bolstering an argument that needs no bolstering -- being a mom is tough. It's a straw man argument because nobody ever claimed it wasn't. Hilary Rosen on CNN said Mitt gets his advice on what American women want from a woman worth $250 million. John Kerry never claimed to have gotten his "American Woman Advice" from his wife... who, by the way, was far more active in social and political and business circles than Mrs. Romney.

Joe seems smarter than this. Mika called Hilary Rosen "shameless."
And, all this started because Joe was mocking print and televised media for making a huge deal over Rosen's statements. I guess this shows that when it's easy to be on the obvious "right side" and to be soppily sanctimonious, hack-level TV personalities will never pass on that chance.

Also, where was all this outrage when Democrats, Republicans, Fox News, the White House, analysts, everyone was saying that Mitt Romney is out of touch? So, Mitt, a dad of five, can be out of touch with what all other dads know as living in America, but his wife is now the de facto voice for every single woman and to question this means you're anti-mom and pro-terrorists?
There's no way to argue this point, though. The right played it perfectly. Any explanation or reasoned reply needs only to be met with: So you are anti-mom?

Edited by Landsnarkk, Apr 13, 2012 @ 7:36 AM.

dissy

dissy

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 1:34 PM

And Noonan!!! Saying several times that the Democrats started this whole war on women a few weeks ago with their *simper*simper*tosshair*simper* silly statements *simper*simper*simper. That woman drives me absolutely nuts.

Love the simper, tosshair. You nailed it. I can't stand Peggy Noonan either. She was worse than usual today. Wish she would become a stay-at-home mom!

heebiejeebie

heebiejeebie

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 2:50 PM

I really picked a horrible day to catch a few minutes of utter horror. If the idiotic premise that the Republicans are trying to sell on the war on women persists I hope someone grabs his or her balls and simply owns the issue. Noonan is such an ass. And to be able to continue in the vein she did suggests that shock and awe is a necessary tactic. From simple retorts such as "well Peggy, unlike your dry lady parts most women like to use them without being told when and how they must and what it has to entail as if they are nothing but breeding stock for men to tickle and poke until the baby bump is too high to ride" to going out and buying a vagina probe and just pull it out and ask the simpering twit when and where she wants to begin. State mandated rape came from the Republicans. Still does; it has not gone away but simply hide behind the curtains until it is safe to come out again. Interference in hormonal contraception and passing laws that give government oversight into a woman's uterus; affording any fertilized egg more rights -- that is what pisses me off so much, the whole personhood act affords the fetus more rights than the woman bearing it since the fetus has a greater legislative right to live -- all came from Republicans.

I know anyone who probably tries will find themselves in the same silly faux controversy as those who would rather be shrill and nonsensical over Rosen's comments instead of stopping and asking what the hell does Ann Romney know about women in the worplace or even the average female voter's financial status woes and concerns.

But if going the civil route every progressive pundit needs to simply take the whole "I know you are but what am I" Romney approach for their own and do nothing but ask over and over again : forget Ann, why can't Romney ask one of his chief advisors who is also a woman? Why is it that Romney can only ask his wife these issues and not the women that over and over again he pretends pinch his sagging mom jeaned ass in campaign stop photo-ops?

Jonathan needs to look at his contract and see how much longer the network is going to dangle his own show as bait all the while making him do this utter shitfest. Sadly hereditary douchbag Luke Russert seems to get all the cozy spots. Of course the network has to shift him away from Capitol Hill since if rumor is correct other reporters now hum the Police song "don't stand so close to me" whenever he is around as he apparently has a tendency to perform the sincerest form of flattery; politely waiting for other correspondents to film their pieces so he can listen in to see how it is actually done.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 11:17 AM

Friday's review

Joe started off the show with the controversy about Allen West, GOP congressman from Florida called 81 democrats communists.

The panel discussed Hilary Rosen's statements about Ann Romney. Joe said she had no role in the DNC, no role in the White House & was a simple pundit for CNN...

He said it was irrelevant that she had visited the White House 35 times & had met with the President privately on 5 occasions. Joe bragged that he & Mika have visited the White House on numerous occasions. ( I am sure the White House loves Joe & Mika visit on the lawn a few years ago)

Mika tried to explain the story & Joe said the viewers of Morning Joe don't eat glue & don't need explanation of the story.

Mika said her blood pressure went up when she heard Hillary's remarks.

Capeheart said Hillary was a good friend

Joe attacked Capeheart when he said Romney's wealth prevented him from talking about women's problems.

Joe said Capeheart didn't complain about John Kerry's wealth in 2004.

Joe talked about women living in trailer parks because they want to stay at home with their kids.

Mika complained about the difficulty of being a working mom & that women who do it not as a luxury but because they want careers feel guilty.

Mika says she & her husband help each other with the careers & raising kids.

The problem I have is that Joe downplayed who Hilary Rosen really is. She isn't a "random cable pundit" Info below:

http://dailycaller.c...has-ties-to-bp/

It would have been more interesting for the panel to discuss why President Obama dismissed as Rosen as someone on tv when he knew her quite well?

Joe, as patron saint of disgraced philandering politicians went on to defend John Edwards over for his charges of using campaign contributions to pay off Rielle Hunter. Joe said it was a waste of the Prosecutor's resources.

The panel wouldn't say anything about Edwards, so he got Michael Steele to defend his position.

A fox news poll was released which showed Romney leading Obama 46-44. Joe said Chuck Todd told him the polls would be close until the election. Joe forgot that he said the election was over 2 weeks ago.

Donny said Obama would win by 3-5 points.

Ratner said Obama would lose some states he carried in 2008.

Ratner is the most logical person on the panel.

Ratner said Romney will take advantage of Rosen's mistake to appeal to stay at home moms etc.

Mike Allen said Gingrich was selling his political donor list for 26K to various conservative groups, which will annoy his donors.

Joe interviewed Ziggy Marley & they talked about Bob Marley..

Peggy Noonan came on the show with her usual distracting behavior. Lots of shouting between Peggy & Joe . Peggy called out Joe for saying Hilary was a random pundit. She is a DC insider.

Michael Steele said no one cares about Allen West.

Mika makes me absolutely sick to my stomach, though. Her random decision about when to do her mama bear, "I'm so outraged! I'm the fighter for women" thing, or when to cram her heel down the throat of a woman, are so arbitrary and lacking in any consistency.

The President & his team are completely pathetic for feeding into this nonsense. Their reaction are why Democrats are always viewed as weak, and why Republicans tend to win, even with totally joke candidates. Dems have no spine. I'm totally sickened with everything about politics right about now

Agreed QueenL. The Obama campaign made a mistake by coming out so quickly to attack Hillary Rosen personally for making those comments. President Obama pretended he never heard of her. Jay Carney thinks there are 3 Hilary Rosen's.They made the comments sound worse than they were.

The Obama campaign did a much better job of dealing with Bill Maher's comments last month.

The Romney campaign didn't fire the guy who talked about the general election campaign being an etch & skech etc...

Joe should be dealing the issue of what happens when someone makes a mistake on a campaign.

Mika sympathy for Ann Romney is hilarious. I think she came on Morning Joe during the primaries & Mika said she liked her cookie recipes

Eliot

Eliot

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 3:44 PM

It would have been more interesting for the panel to discuss why President Obama dismissed as Rosen as someone on tv when he knew her quite well?

It's quite a stretch to say Obama "knew her quite well," based on the link you posted.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 6:04 PM

It's quite a stretch to say Obama "knew her quite well," based on the link you posted.

Here's a better link

http://www.nationalr...ama-white-house

Perhaps President Obama wasn't alone with her but my point is that Joe Scarborough makes her sound like some low level minor Democrat aide when in fact she is very well connected with the White House. She works for Anita Dunn's company who was the director of Communications. mistakes.

It is a ridiculous strategy to pretend she is a nobody & it is insulting for Joe to demean his "friend" Hilary Rosen.

shabbieshok

shabbieshok

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 8:05 AM

Perhaps President Obama wasn't alone with her but my point is that Joe Scarborough makes her sound like some low level minor Democrat aide when in fact she is very well connected with the White House. She works for Anita Dunn's company who was the director of Communications.

It is a ridiculous strategy to pretend she is a nobody & it is insulting for Joe to demean his "friend" Hilary Rosen.

No one is pretending she is a nobody but it's ridiculous to insist she was speaking for Obama or the administration. Every pundit has some kind of connection to either party and works for law firms or pr firms or media outfits or someone's campaign committee. Every one of them. They don't go out on the street and pick out any old Joe Schmoe to give their considered opinion or prepackaged talking points. Your second link is no better than the first as it's straight from the Republican smear room. Anytime someone calls Michelle Malkin the "great Michelle Malkin", you have to know it has no validity for thinking people.

Joe said she had no role in the DNC, no role in the White House & was a simple pundit for CNN...

Joe was right. It's not often I say that but in this case I have to and it's not surprising he made that point. Otherwise if the Democratic strategists stooped as low as the Republicans, they could be out there demanding that Romney apologize for every stupid thing that Joe says on his show every single day.

Love the simper, tosshair. You nailed it. I can't stand Peggy Noonan either. She was worse than usual today. Wish she would become a stay-at-home mom!

Glad you liked it dissy. I forgot to include *deep sigh* in my rant. :-)

Interesting clip from a Romney town hall speech three and a half months ago on Up this morning where Romney was bragging about how he had reformed welfare rules to require women to work outside the home once their children were two years old so they "would know the dignity of work". Funny how wealthy women like his wife or Peggy Noonan don't have to be taught this lesson.

Edited by shabbieshok, Apr 15, 2012 @ 8:06 AM.

QueenL

QueenL

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:37 AM

I agree that Obama shouldn't be held responsible for Rosen comments, but I also agree that I don't like the way Obama is so willing to throw people under the bus. It's a pattern I've noticed that I'm really not fond of. When I say Obama, I mean Team Obama in general. There's a way he and his team could have addressed the comments, without going way overboard. When you go that overboard, so far as even getting Michelle Obama to comment on it, it only adds validity to the Republicans selling it as a controversy. Also, it's really transparent too. Like Donny said, the American people aren't that stupid. Anyone who would blame Obama for this, or act like Obama is raging a war on stay at home mothers, are the type of people who never would have voted for Obama in the first place.

Interesting clip from a Romney town hall speech three and a half months ago on Up this morning where Romney was bragging about how he had reformed welfare rules to require women to work outside the home once their children were two years old so they "would know the dignity of work". Funny how wealthy women like his wife or Peggy Noonan don't have to be taught this lesson.

Good find, and that's something I've always thought of, when thinking about how full of shit Republicans are on this. If they truly valued stay at home moms, they wouldn't use so much ugly language when attacking "welfare moms." I get not wanting the government to support those families, and that's an argument that can be made. But they never just leave it at not wanting to use taxpayer money for that. Like you quoted, they always talk about the dignity of work and all that, so that flies in the face of all their "raising children is the toughest job, and it's a full-time job" riff raff.

Landsnarkk

Landsnarkk

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 6:25 PM

I saw that this morning. It had me wondering if Romney's own words would be used against him when Sunday's pundits discuss this tempest in a teapot on all the other more high profile morning shows. None of the shows picked up on the perfectly ironic soundbyte. Up this morning (or whatever it's called) is a fantastic show. That fast talking egghead knows his shit, and pounds home his points backed up with facts.
I wonder if Joe and Mika will highlight and push forward their fellow MSNBCer's work on Romney's hypocrisy with the same breathless, shrill sanctimony as they did when condemning Rosen's misinterpreted, but ill-conceived, quote? I won't hold my breath.

Edited by Landsnarkk, Apr 15, 2012 @ 6:25 PM.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:07 AM

Mika interviewed by NYTimes magazine. She said that Joe behaves like a gay stylist & her SAT scores when she applied to college were one of the lowest accepted by William College in their history. That's not something I would admit.

http://www.nytimes.c...rborough&st=cse

I agree that Obama shouldn't be held responsible for Rosen comments, but I also agree that I don't like the way Obama is so willing to throw people under the bus. It's a pattern I've noticed that I'm really not fond of. When I say Obama, I mean Team Obama in general. There's a way he and his team could have addressed the comments, without going way overboard. When you go that overboard, so far as even getting Michelle Obama to comment on it, it only adds validity to the Republicans selling it as a controversy. Also, it's really transparent too

That's the point I have been trying to make. Team Obama would be better off saying that they disagree with Rosen's comments & leave it at that.

babypinkfish

babypinkfish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:19 AM

her SAT scores when she applied to college were one of the lowest accepted by William College in their history. That's not something I would admit.

This isn't the first time that's come up. Joe brings it up often, apparently because it's something Mika's mother said in front of a crowd at a book signing in New York.

I am SO HAPPY to have Bill Press on tv during the same time slot as this mess now. but I do still fip on Joe & Co for the first segment of the show (either at 5 am or when it repeats at 7) just to see what they all deem the hot issue of the day, and because the first segment is usually Joe at his worst and when he is most likely to make a ginormous ass of himself. So today I was HORRIFIED to see them bring up the Hilary Rosen bruhaha again (he *lets* Mika take the lead on this, so she can make all sorts of faces and talk about how persecuted she is as a working mother) - but without even the slightest mention of Romney's "dignity of work" speech that surfaced over the weekend.

Wankers. Back to Bill.

QueenL

QueenL

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:37 AM

I saw that this morning. It had me wondering if Romney's own words would be used against him when Sunday's pundits discuss this tempest in a teapot on all the other more high profile morning shows. None of the shows picked up on the perfectly ironic soundbyte. Up this morning (or whatever it's called) is a fantastic show. That fast talking egghead knows his shit, and pounds home his points backed up with facts.
I wonder if Joe and Mika will highlight and push forward their fellow MSNBCer's work on Romney's hypocrisy with the same breathless, shrill sanctimony as they did when condemning Rosen's misinterpreted, but ill-conceived, quote? I won't hold my breath.

I'm not surprised that they didn't mention it on Morning Joe, but we all know exactly how it will go if it is brought up.

1)Joe will attack whomever brings it up as using "talking points."
2)Joe will then contort his face, raise his voice, and say that "Democrats are really trying to compare this with welfare? REALLY?!?!" And then he'll chuckle derisively.
3)He'll then ignore the actual point, and just conflate it with welfare in general. "Just because people don't want their tax dollars going to..."
4)He will continue acting like he doesn't understand the actual point, and will just make it about welfare in general, and will call Democrats desperate for bringing this up.

This is why the person who brings this up needs to be strong, and not allow Joe to steer away from the point. Strong Democrats, however, rarely appear on this show, and when they do, they tend to leave their balls at the door.

Can Chris Hayes re-appear on Morning Joe again? He oddly doesn't do the show much anymore, even though he still appears on all of the other MSNBC shows. Can't say I blame him.

Mika interviewed by NYTimes magazine.

From the link:

In your book, “Knowing Your Value,” now in paperback, you write that every TV executive who has ever insulted your appearance has been a woman. Is there no sisterhood in television news?
No, there isn’t. Women play into each other’s weaknesses.

Like when Mika relentlessly called Savannah's jacket ugly when she was doing a live news report from the White House? And it wasn't like it was a deliberately, attention-getting, ugly, piece of clothing, like Barnicle wears. It was just a normal jacket, but for some reason Mika deemed it hideous, and couldn't stop talking about it. She told Savannah to lose it, and Savannah looked hurt, but was still trying to maintain a level of professionalism.

Just more of Mika's "do as I say, not as do" bullshit. Her level of inconsistency borders on insane.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:24 AM

Let's face it, if Mika hadn't spruced herself up she still would be reading middle of the night news (if anything at all). Boobs, tan, super blond, eye surgery. This is not the gal who couldn't get a job. And seriously, I know she does hosting gigs all the time, but "working" from 6-9am is a working mom's dream. Add in the fact that she does little more than read news, primp, and bitch ... and shut UP.

And hey, I usually love Bill Maher, but his comments made me rage-y.

Edited by BlueSapphires, Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:30 AM.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:28 AM

Today's review.

There was a clip of Dick Cheney calling Obama an unmitigated disaster.

Meacham commented that Hillary Rosen's comments have created a similar firestorm to when Dan Quayle attacked the TV character Murphy Brown for glorifying having a child out of wedlock.

Willie said he liked Hilary Rosen but the comments affected his wife who quit her job to be a full time mom with their 2 kids.

It seems that all 3 co hosts are personal friends of Hilary.

Meacham said Ann Romney was like Barbara Bush.

Joe talked about Bill Maher's latest attack on Ann Romney & telling her to get her a** out of the house.
They showed a clip of Melody Barnes ( fmr domestic policy adviser to Obama) saying Bill Maher's use of language was wrong.

Joe said Obama's team is quick now to disown Hilary rosen & now Bill Maher & Aelrod won't go on his show because it's bad for the polls.

Joe said campaigns can be affected by weird moments like George Bush Sr checking out a grocery store scanner, Dukakis wearing a helmet & President carter being attacked by a rabbit!

Mika supported the Buffet Rule for a 30% minimum tax on income above a million. Joe said Obama pays less tax than his secretary.

harold Ford said capital gains tax has to be higher & the tax code needs to be reformed. he said you can't compare Buffett to people making 500K

Taxes on capital gains are lower than other forms of income.

Ford said he supports higher taxes on the wealthy if it means that veterans benefits don't get cut.
Chuck Todd said there will be more manufactured controversies over the summer.
Meecham said if there a draft the war in afghanistan would be over, but since it's the same people getting deployed over and over again no one pays attention.

Wes Moore said 1 veteran commits suicide every 80 hours which is the same as the number of troops dying in combat.
Harold Ford said that every kid whose parent makes between 40-80K should get free early child care betwen age 0-5.

Chuck Todd said Obama will go after Romney's wealth

Like when Mika relentlessly called Savannah's jacket ugly when she was doing a live news report from the White House? And it wasn't like it was a deliberately, attention-getting, ugly, piece of clothing, like Barnicle wears. It was just a normal jacket, but for some reason Mika deemed it hideous, and couldn't stop talking about it. She told Savannah to lose it, and Savannah looked hurt, but was still trying to maintain a level of professionalism.

Just more of Mika's "do as I say, not as do" bullshit. Her level of inconsistency borders on insane

I suspect Mika is jealous of Savannah Guthrie getting promoted to the Today show.Savannah gets to host meet the press as well.

Rickster

Rickster

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 11:34 AM

her SAT scores when she applied to college were one of the lowest accepted by William College in their history

I took from the article that it is like a family joke given how smart the rest of the family is, but not necessarily true. How would she know this piece of information? Schools don't hand it out. But clearly she is not proud of them.

babypinkfish

babypinkfish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:43 PM

That fast talking egghead

[Chris Hayes]

LOL - I fucking LOVE him! He is a testament to nerds everywhere. Who wouldn't want to be married to Chris Hayes? But I bet he didn't expect that 15 years ago. Oh well - those who have daughters, use him as a teaching lesson.

How would she know this piece of information? Schools don't hand it out.

I imagine it went something like this:

Dear Dr. and Mrs. Brezinski... We are delighted to accept your daughter for admission....

kingofpoppa

kingofpoppa

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 7:16 AM

Now that Joe has unofficially endorsed Romney......

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:48 AM

I'm sure Dr. Z made a few calls to find where he could buy Mika a spot.

What did Joe say that was an endorsement of Romney?

lovinbob

lovinbob

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 7:58 PM

Just saw the ads for Morning Joe promoting their show at Fenway (?). It had something to do with Fenway's anniversary. I can't remember because I was so distracted by Mika's unprofessional primping and shimmying. She is just a terrible, terrible representation of female professionals and members of the media. Embarrassing.

madfortv

madfortv

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 3:30 AM

I noticed the same thing about Mika when I saw that ad. She looked so odd with whatever she was doing. I guess "primping and shimmying" could describe it. It was awful.

On yesterday's show, did they talk about Mrs Rommney's comment that it is "our turn" and "Mitt's turn". Those words gave me a big negative vibe. They sounded so entitled. How is it their turn, and not mine? lol.

Landsnarkk

Landsnarkk

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 7:14 AM

I confess I like that ad of Mika in her ball cap. She knows how cute and sexy she looks and she's being flirty with it. She is occasionally very attractive, however, not this morning...

So they have renowned comedian, director/producer, and long standing industry funny man David Steinberg on talking about something he's produced about Johnny Carson. They are asking him about Carson's genius, and one of the key facets to why he made such great television, says Steinberg, is that he was a great listener. So they talk about what it means to be a great listener as a host of a show for a moment. Willie asks a great question, "Who is the funniest man you ever met," knowing that it's a tough question and will draw on 50 years' experience and hundreds of possible candidates, but the answer is SURE to be TV gold and will probably elicit 2 or 3 candidates and maybe many incredible anecdotes:
Steinberg: Well... I must say, Groucho is up there.
Willie: Yeah?
Steinberg: Because he was... he was fearless, he[interrupted]
Mika Brrr Shitski: [interrupting Steinberg mid-answer] Funniest woman?

She derailed the oncoming anecdotes, and he just names a list of funny women.
She then dismisses him 7 seconds later with a simpering, fake, "It's fun to talk you. Thank you sooo much."
Mika Brrr Shitski interrupts a comedic historian about to rattle off some anecdotes about the funniest people he's ever met, right after being told that TV genius comes from listening. She gave him less than 3 seconds to answer Willie's question.

It's ironic she's a champion of wage inequality. She should be paying MSNBC to be on this show.

indianhoop

indianhoop

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 1:42 PM

That conversational inter-play sums up this stinkfest of a show perfectly. Well told landsnarkk

HyeChaps

HyeChaps

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 7:41 AM

So there's Tony Blair, bound to have interesting perspectives on the economic situation in Europe and the volatile Middle East. Willie is the interviewer. The two "stars" are missing in action. Mika, we know, is dumb. But what about Joe? Unless Tony Blair doesn't want to talk to him.

olvidado

olvidado

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 8:29 PM

As I watched Jackass Joe, the Twit, Plagiarizer Bahhh-nicle, et. al., sitting in Fenway, I kept praying for a meteor to drop on them...

Edited by olvidado, Apr 20, 2012 @ 8:31 PM.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 2:40 PM

Hey, I actually really enjoyed the show. I like seeing them out of the studio (I always like the coffeehouse visits) and more relaxed. Except for Mika, of course. Did she really do ANYTHING but pose and throw in a few giggles? I get that she doesn't know sports (one of many things she can't be bothered with), but then why have her sit and salivate about, "I LOVEEEE the Red Sox"? She just sounds like a bimbo/Joe's whore... again. And maybe I'm in the minority, but I like Barnicle. Well, he's a yes man... but they all are with Joe.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 5:08 PM

I caught up with some of the week's shows.

I enjoyed the Red Sox- Fenway park show on Friday. Joe was friendly with Scott Brown & Elizabeth Warren. It was great to hear all the stories about the history of the park etc..

Both candidates seem to be real people who enjoy engaging with people.

On thursday's show, Meacham said the country was 51-49, after the CBS Ny Times poll showed Obama tied with romney 46-46.

Joe said the issue of Obama eating dogs as a child & Ted Nugent were white noise.

The economy was the key issue.

Joe said Obama's advisors must be upset that despite Obama being more likeable than Romney & that Americans would rather drink Beer with Obama , Romney is still tied.

Mar McKinnon said likeability is important for a Presidential candidate when the economy is OK, but people can't afford beer so are more anxious about the economy.

Someone said Obama is running against the economy not Romney.

Barnicle said Romney campaign strategy was that Obama is likeable & they will compliment him personally but he's not up to the job of being President.

Katty Kay said that Europeans prefer Obama.

The key issue for the eurozone is that countries like Germany & Greece are so different economically that it doesn't make sense to keep them both in the euro.

Germans guilt over World War 2 is waning so they won't subsidize Greece forever.

The CBS poll showed that 64% of people were concerned about mortgage payments. 38% were concerned about high gas prices.

Meacham said using past historical indicators may not work to predict this race.

Some people may vote for Obama again because they don't want to admit voting for him in 2008 was a mistake.

Barnicle said the level of anxiety at stores was very high because families can't afford shoes.

Cornel West & Tavis Smiley came on to complain about the high poverty rate.

Meacham said Obama should focus on how ta revenues ca finance investment in colleges, infrastrucuture etc rather than keep demanding higher taxes on the wealthy.

On the April 18th show, Barnicle said it would be a 3 point election.

Heileman said Romney is doing quite well after the GOP race is over being only 6 points down from Obama 49-43 Obama.

Joe was upset that Romney used brillcream in his hair.

Barnicle complained about Citigroup eecutive pay.

Mckinnon came up with a chart comparing CEO pay, which was at a record 525 times worker pay during the Clinton era & went down during the Bush presidency & is now rising again under Obama.

Heileman said it was a stupid chart because CEO's get paid in stock options so ifthe market is hig, compensation is high.

Joe called Heileman a hippie.

Mika was upset that a recent study did not show a link between high child obesity rates in poor areas that had fast food outlets. She said there were food deserts.

politico came on to talk about the 2016 race featuring Hilary Clinton leading Joe Biden 32-14..

Heileman thinks hilary will run in 2016.

The politico guy said Bloomberg may run as a 3rd party candidate but Heileman said that was ridiculous. He wouldn't waste money if he can't win.

Joe said there would be a reset at the convention by both campaigns.

Heileman is one of the better panelists & he has good taste in music.

I do like the music on the show & wish they would show the playlist more often.

shabbieshok

shabbieshok

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 5:58 AM

Joe said the issue of Obama eating dogs as a child & Ted Nugent were white noise.

So typical of idiotic Joe and the Republicans. For starters, Pres Obama didn't "eat dogs". That's such an inflammatory FOXian thing to say. He was a child living in a foreign country and they have different cultures and lifestyles and it has absolutely nothing to do with living in America and what he has done and will do as president. Ted Nugent is a whole other can of worms and his viewpoints and those of the NRA and Romney are valid issues to discuss and consider. When you have Romney actively soliciting the endorsement of a nutcase like Nugent, most rational people would or should question Romney's judgment and decision making ability.

Meacham said Obama should focus on how tax revenues can finance investment in colleges, infrastrucuture etc rather than keep demanding higher taxes on the wealthy.

More Republican stupidity. Did Meacham posit how tax revenues could be increased in order to finance that investment in education and infrastructure? Of course not. They can't have it both ways (although they certainly try), screaming about the national debt and yet not offering a single constructive idea on how balance the budget besides slashing all the programs that assist non-rich people while the wealthy just keep getting wealthier and not contributing their fair share.

I barely watched the show last week because just the sound of Joe's voice yelling and haranguing turns me off so much but I did see one bit early in the week where Joe got on his high horse about 50% of Americans not paying any taxes which of course is a Republican myth. The taxes like property tax (for renters and homeowners), sales taxes, payroll taxes, state and local taxes which lower income people pay is a hugely disproportionate share of their income compared to what the wealthy are paying now or would be paying if their income taxes are raised. With all these polls that Joe and his cronies love to cite, they sure avoid the ones that say 75% of Americans think taxes on the wealthy should be raised and the tax system made more fair.

Edited by shabbieshok, Apr 22, 2012 @ 6:00 AM.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 8:05 AM

J

oe said the issue of Obama eating dogs as a child & Ted Nugent were white noise.

So typical of idiotic Joe and the Republicans. For starters, Pres Obama didn't "eat dogs". That's such an inflammatory FOXian thing to say. He was a child living in a foreign country and they have different cultures and lifestyles and it has absolutely nothing to do with living in America and what he has done and will do as president. Ted Nugent is a whole other can of worms and his viewpoints and those of the NRA and Romney are valid issues to discuss and consider. When you have Romney actively soliciting the endorsement of a nutcase like Nugent, most rational people would or should question Romney's judgment and decision making ability.

I think Joe's point was talking about Romney's dog or Obama eating habits as a child or Bill Maher or Ted Nugent are not key issues to the campaign & will be forgotten. Howevewer a week ago Joe said the pictures of George Bush Sr being confused about a grocery scanner or Dukakis looking like Snoopy sitting in a tank were defining moments of the campaign.

Meacham said Obama should focus on how tax revenues can finance investment in colleges, infrastrucuture etc rather than keep demanding higher taxes on the wealthy.

More Republican stupidity. Did Meacham posit how tax revenues could be increased in order to finance that investment in education and infrastructure? Of course not. They can't have it both ways (although they certainly try), screaming about the national debt and yet not offering a single constructive idea on how balance the budget besides slashing all the programs that assist non-rich people while the wealthy just keep getting wealthier and not contributing their fair share.

Meacham's point was that Obama could say that it is important to raise taxes on the wealthy so that the government could finance additional spending on colleges rather than raising taxes as a "fairness" issue.

I wonder if Mika & Joe stayed around to watch the red sox blow a 9 run lead in the 6th inning. Yankees beat them 15-9

mumbles

mumbles

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 1:54 PM

I wonder if Mika & Joe stayed around to watch the red sox blow a 9 run lead in the 6th inning. Yankees beat them 15-9

Probably - here's a picture of them in the owner's box. Gag.

Joe and Mika at the first pitch

I wonder if the Plagiarist weaseled his way there, or watched from his wife's Bank of America luxury box.