Morning Joe

• Please log in to reply

12999 replies to this topic

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2012 @ 9:25 PM

In August 2011, Nicole Wallace felt that Rick Perry was the answer to the GOP's prayers. So much for he political credibility. Perry was less coherent at the debates than Palin was in her VP debate, ( although Palin was heavily coached as we saw in the movie)

http://www.mediaite....the-gop-needed/

[quote]I do agree that they should have publicly stated this stuff and resigned, but sometimes when you're caught up in the moment, it's easier said than done. Wallace explained that sadly loyalty (to McCain) can sometimes override logic and rational behavior when it comes to political campaigns.[/quote]

If she was loyal to Mccain, then she wouldn't say anything to Halperin & Heileman. Perhaps she wanted media access to help sell her books about a crazy fictional VP. ?

It is completely unehical to allow someone you think is in medical distress to continue to campaign. I find it hard to believe that no one else in the Mccain campaign thought that it would be prudent for Sarah to see a doctor?

[quote]"Plus, you know how it goes. If they had done that, the remaining McCain campaign just would have attacked them. That's how politics goes."[quote]

You're right about that, but I think it would have been more honorable for them to do the right thing.

It looks like they wanted to protect their reputations by blaming Palin as crazy as an excuse as to why Mccain lost.

Campaigns have had to deal with weak VP's before. Remember Dan Quayle in 1988.

He was a disaster when he was announced & made a fool of himself in the VP debate. At the time there was still the cold war with Russia, so if Bush died, Quayle would be in charge , which is even scarier than Palin.

There were some concerns in 1984 about Geraldine Ferraro's nomination .

I think that in 1972, McGovern had to dump Thomas Eagleton as VP because he admitted to having seen a psychiatrist.

shabbieshok

shabbieshok

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 6:24 AM

Had to reach for the remote when I heard Arianna blathering away about everything that Obama has done wrong. Talk about the professional left and all their undermining of the presidency. Drives me crazy how she gets air time on so many shows as the token Democrat and she's so anti-Obama. There are many many intelligent, well spoken Democrats but on MJ we get Arianna and Mika and Harold Ford. Gah!!!

eavj

eavj

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 5:19 PM

I saw just a few minutes of the show this morning, but I must say that I actually liked Michael Steele a little when he was talking about having been in glee club. And he actually seemed interested in the guest who talked about how Broadway is doing in this economy. I thought Barnicle looked bored during the discussion.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:55 AM

Today`s review.

Joe was off so Mika & Willie took over.

There was gloom & doom over Romney`s poor 3rd place showing in Mississippi & Alabama.

Romney still won more delegates than Santorum due to wins in Hawaaii, & American Samoa ( Mormom stronghold)

Michael Steele said Romney`s argument about having Math on his side is flopping.

There was no no incentive for Gingrich to quit

Halperin said Romney was a weak front runner & had a message crisis.

Halperin said most Gingrich voters would go to Romney if he dropped out.

Halperin said Romney would be in trouble ifSantorum wins Illinois.

Heileman said it will be a contested nomination with no one having a majority before the convention . ( not sure if Heileman forgot that Romney could get enough GOP at lare delegates from party insiders like governors etc to go over the top)

Heileman said it was OK if Obama made the math argument to Clinton supporters in June 2008 because Obama had strong support of the base whereas no one likes Romney.

IIRC , Clinton supporters were pretty mad at Obama in 2008 over missing delegate counts in some states like Michigan & Florida.

Halperin said Romney lost a lot of votes in wealthy parts of Jackson Missippi who were on spring break.

Messina from the Obama campaign said that Obama would lose to Romney today according to some polls.

Wash Post Poll said Romney beats Obama 49-47, But Obama would beat Santorum 49-46.

Tthere was an Ipsos Reuters poll 50-48 Favorable.

Halperin & heileman said the poll from Washington Post & CBS which showed the Obama favorability rating as low as 41% as an mistake because it over sampled republicans whereas it is usually criticized as oversampling Democrats.

( In stats`s courses, they teach that a sample can be wong 1 time out of 20.

Mika said the GOP was flushing its chances at winning in November down the toilet.

She said the GOP was losing the batle of mesage & conversation.

Mike Allen said Romney was aware of the message crisis & was hiring a Delegate hunting expert & will focus on defeating Obama.

He also said Romney will focus on the economic message.

Heileman thinks Hillary will run for President in 2016 & halperin thinks Biden will run in 2016. ( Won`t they be too tired to run by then)

Mika said Romney was a nice person but was awkward.

Halperin said Romney has poor relation s with the press. so no one writes anything nice about him.

Arianna Huffington came on & said they were doing clips about what Obama said during teh campaign in 2008 vs what he accomplished as President.

She was critical of Obama but said he is virtually guaranteed to win in November.

She said Romney reminds her of Bob Dole.

Mika said Romney should stop taking about cheesy grits.

Halperin made a good point that Romney isn`t under pressure to discuss serious issues because Santorum isn`t doing it.

David Gregory said there was a rejection of romney.now but also said that Obama is more vulnerable to losing in 2012 with a weak economy than Clinton in 1996 or Bush was in 2004

Chuck Todd wants to know if Roney ever explained why he wanted to be President.

Gregory said Romney should run as a turnaround man & Mr Fix it.

Mika said the USA should leave Afghanistan.

Thursday's show:

Richard Haas was on & said that there will be a draw down of US troops in Aghanistan.

to 70K in Sept from 90K now.

He said you an't leave that quickly because of supply routes being closed from Pakistan & they don't want to abandon hardware.

He said 5 years after leaving afghanistan there will be no effect on the country .

meaning this was a waste of time at turning afghanistan into a democracy.

Romney watch continued. They should play sad music when they discuss him.

Romney had a bad interview with Megyn Kelly fom Fox.

Donny Deutsche said Romney was on the defense.

Barnicle said the press corps doesn't like him.

Mika made fun of him for always saying that he knows the owners of sports teams. Barnicle was quick to rebut the fact that she knows the owners of the red sox, but she laughed and said she wasn't running for President.

Deutshe said no one wants Romney to win. ( this was another bizarre statement from him considering the polls show him equal to Obama).

(Last June, Deutshe practically endorsed Romney because he wasn't scary. He bashed Obama last year as Mr Spock who didn't care about people. Obama's campaign should remember him as an opportunist.

http://www.mediaite....ts-re-elected/)

Perhaps he was talking about his friends not wanting him to win.

Romney's Latino support is weak .

Mike Allen said if Romney win's Pennsylvania , Santorum will be virtually eliminated.

Deutshe said Romny has no soul. ( This was Axelrod's talking point a few months ago)

Haas said Israel will not tolerate a nuclear weapon from Iran.

Haas said that the USA & Israel could do a military blockade of Iran t prevent their oil from shipping , so it would hurt them more economically.

Bloomberg poll has Obama & Romney tied at 47%.

Barnicle said it will be a 3% gap in October either way.

Deutshe said there was a 20% gender gap with women & Hispanic Gap 70-14 in favor of Obama.

No one on the panel realized they were using different poll results. It is statistically impossible to have a poll showing Romney & Obama equal with those gender gaps & hispanic voter gaps.

Perhaps those polls were outliers like the NY Times , Obama at 41% poll?

Dr Z came on and said the USA should stick to the withdrawal timetable.

Dr Z said Russia should get involved with Syria.

He also said there should be constructive dialogue. :))

Deutshe started fawning all over Mika's book & how great it was . ( I read it & found it too simplistic & not practical)

Mika whispered to Donny Thank you for promoting my book.

I am getting really tired of Donny Deutshe. He changes opinions like he does tight lycra shirts. I lost a lot of respect for him when he bashed Keith Olberman & lumped him in with Glenn Beck & Ed Shultz in April 2010.

Luckily MSNBC realized he was a loose canon & canceled his show when Olberman was around.

I don't understand why he is on Morning Joe, when there are so many more high quality guests.? Send him back to the Today show whee he can be a "professional" with Star Jones & Dr Nancy "plastic surgery" Snyderman.

Heileman said at least he showed up in a suit rather than a tight lycra shirt.

Chuck Todd said the White House is confident about beating Romney & he is weaker than expected as a candidate.

Edited by oakville1969, Mar 15, 2012 @ 4:06 PM.

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 4:39 PM

It is completely unehical to allow someone you think is in medical distress to continue to campaign. I find it hard to believe that no one else in the Mccain campaign thought that it would be prudent for Sarah to see a doctor?

I missed something- what is this about- was Palin sick?

It looks like they wanted to protect their reputations by blaming Palin as crazy as an excuse as to why Mccain lost.

Campaigns have had to deal with weak VP's before. Remember Dan Quayle in 1988.

He was a disaster when he was announced & made a fool of himself in the VP debate. At the time there was still the cold war with Russia, so if Bush died, Quayle would be in charge , which is even scarier than Palin.

Not IMO. Palin as president kept me awake at night during that election. It was the single, most irresponsible & most politically calculated move in a presidential election in my lifetime.

Deutshe started fawning all over Mika's book & how great it was .

He's so smarmy. He sucks up to every host with whom I've ever seen him appear. Mika loves it, though- probably because it's the only time anyone has complimented her on it.

applepie77

applepie77

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 7:03 PM

He's so smarmy. He sucks up to every host with whom I've ever seen him appear. Mika loves it, though- probably because it's the only time anyone has complimented her on it.

Doesn't he own a company? How does DD have so much time to be on TV? He's nice looking on TV; close to my age, but for God's sake, he needs to drop the "playa" stuff. It is so unattractive. And what kind of cred does he have to be on a show such as MJ. I never heard of the guy before MJ. I suppose if he's rich, some sweet young thing wouldn't mind him as a Sugar Daddy, but more and more young women today would just say YUK to him. I raised two such women and they would find him repulsive.

I thought he was Mr. Democrat. Had no idea he wanted Romney last year. Talk about 2-faced.

Gotta love Dr Z, though. Mika will likely bitch tomorrow as Willie and the boys will be talking Tourney, especially if Vandy plays tonight. God, when is Joe coming back? Maybe Mika will be on spring break next week.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:52 PM

Doesn't he own a company? How does DD have so much time to be on TV? He's nice looking on TV; close to my age, but for God's sake, he needs to drop the "playa" stuff. It is so unattractive. And what kind of cred does he have to be on a show such as MJ. I never heard of the guy before MJ. I suppose if he's rich, some sweet young thing wouldn't mind him as a Sugar Daddy, but more and more young women today would just say YUK to him. I raised two such women and they would find him repulsive.

His company was sold in 2000 for almost 300 million. I assume he was the majority shareholder.

See profile link below:

http://www.success.c...5-making-it-big

I missed something- what is this about- was Palin sick?

In the movie they showed two scenes of Sarah being catatonic during the debate prep, & in curling up in her hotel room demanding to see her baby. It was srongly implied that she was mentally distressed.

I thought he was Mr. Democrat. Had no idea he wanted Romney last year. Talk about 2-faced

Exactly. Last summer when the economy was weak & the markets were plummeting, Obama's approval was weak, so Donny started saying things like Jewish voters were unhappy with Obama over Israel policy etc.

I suspect Donnie's success in advertising allows him to get clients to do ad buys on NBC programs, so they give him a job on these segments with Morning Joe & the Today Show as a reward.

He only lasted a few days with his own show before he attacked Olberman & was suspended.

What I found bizarre was in the Morning Joe promo clip last fall with Mika running around NYC, there was a photo still of Mika waking up horrified to be in bed with Donnie who had a smile on his face. That was not a smart move by a woman "who knows her value"

I would like to see Dr Z reaction to that picture.

SuziQue

SuziQue

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 6:02 AM

Wow! Mika was in straight up bitch mode this morning. I can't stand Barnicle, find him annoying and his plagiarism past drives me crazy, but why did Mika have to shame him? She essentially told him to cover up, sit up and stop being a slob. It came out of nowhere. I was enjoying Steve Rattner's cogent assessment of the economy and the auto bailout and Mika suddenly turns into major bitch.

Barnicle had to go over another part of the set, grab his coat and cover up. Why? When Joe looks like a tool every tool every day, in his fleecie?

Gawd, she's a bitch. I feel sorry for her kids.

Plumbago Blue

Plumbago Blue

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 10:06 AM

I feel sorry for her kids.

I think about those kids everytime I catch the story about the grandmother who "killed" her grandaughter by making her run for 4 hours while carrying 10# of wood as punishment for eating chocolate. Soooo Mika-like.

NancyEss

NancyEss

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 11:24 AM

For those interested in knowing more about Donny Deutsch, there's this. Advance warning:you may need some bleach to erase those swimsuit images.

Edited by NancyEss, Mar 16, 2012 @ 11:25 AM.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 2:22 PM

For those interested in knowing more about Donny Deutsch, there's this. Advance warning:you may need some bleach to erase those swimsuit images

Thanks for the info.

Wow! Mika was in straight up bitch mode this morning. I can't stand Barnicle, find him annoying and his plagiarism past drives me crazy, but why did Mika have to shame him? She essentially told him to cover up, sit up and stop being a slob. It came out of nowhere. I was enjoying Steve Rattner's cogent assessment of the economy and the auto bailout and Mika suddenly turns into major bitch

I don't know why Barnicle was so poorly dressed yesterday. It was unprofessional. Mika would never bash Joe if he wore the same shirt.
It was amusing to watch Barnicle leave the set to go get a jacket. I met Barnicle outside 30 Rock last summer & he is very friendly in person.I complained to him about Joe's red italian checkered tablecloth shirts.

Ratner is a good addition to the show. He had a very good chart about gains in national income in 2010 going 93% to the top 1%.

The other 99% earn an average of $45 K per year and got an extra $80 in 2010

He said that you need annual income of 1 million to be in the top 1%. Thy received an extra 100K in 2010.

The increase in income going to the top 1% is at a record high due in part to the tax system.

Mika said that Biden gave a good speech attacking Romney & said Bain Capital would not bail ou GM.

Ratner ( car czar) said that there are 200K more auto jobs than 2009.

Ratner said Obama & the GOP are at a draw over energy policy. He said you need a 40 year plan to solve the energy crisis.

Somebody said that the problem for Santorum is that he wins where the GOP is strong whereas Romney wins in states the GOP needs to win in November to win the election.

Romney will do better in battlegrounds than Santorum.

Ratner said Santorum as a nominee will lead to the 1964 Barry Goldwater result for the GOP, which was a disaster.

Ratner said that the government jobs ( state,local, federal) have dropped about 500K over the past few years which is a drag on the overall economy.

Ratner said it would be foolish to enact dracononian spending cuts now that the economy is slowly recvering.

Ratner said Paul Ryan's medicare plan would force recipients to pay higher premims of 68% of costs vs 25% now.

Jim Vanderhei came on to discuss the secret memo prepared by the Mccain campaign to support Steve Schmidt and absolve him of any blame for the campaign performance. The memo was sent to Mercury Public affairs which is where Schmidt was supposed to work.

The discussion showed that staffers on the mccain campaign were desperate to protect Schmidt from any blame for the campaign .

It would have been nice to allow Steve Schmidt to respond in person to the allegations in the memo.

Tavis Smiley appeared and said the GOP should ask Americans if they are better off now than they were 4 years ago rather than focusing on a few extra jobs etc. He still supports Obama but wants more work done to help the poor.

A poll was released which shows Romney ahead of Santorum 35-31 in Illinois.

20% of Romney supportes will vote for Obama over Santorum. 11% of Santorum supporters will vote for Obama over Romney.

Larry O Donnel or Tavis said that Obama could be in trouble if he talks up economic success too much & the economy subsequently falters.
due to high gas prices.

The key issue for November is who do you trust to improve the economy in the future.

Mika said she was tired from hosting all week & no one in management would let her dress like Barnicle.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 2:33 PM

If Joe had worn that same shirt it would have been an improvement over what he normally wears. Mika doesn't sigh, and whine, and moan when Joe dresses like shit.

On the other hand, why the hell can't Barnicle buy some decent clothes? I get tired of that crusty old Bostonian act. It's not a big deal to wear something other than cargo pants, but then again, Joe hasn't figured out how to do that either.

applepie77

applepie77

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 5:48 PM

Mika said she was tired from hosting all week & no one in management would let her dress like Barnicle.

Wait -- all week? Wasn't she off Mon/Tues of this week? Or was that last week? I remember only because when Willie runs the show without Douche and Cougar, it's pretty good. I thought that was this week.

I kinda see Mika's point . . . . Joe wears his fleece and now his blue sweater with polo shirt underneath but at least Joe on most mornings doesn't look liked he walked to the studio from last call at the local bar. A couple of weeks ago, Joe started out super casual, but had to be on "Today" and came back to MJ set in coat and tie. Barnicle looked like he just walked out of the bar. I realize he has to be on set early, but Ratner, Halperin and others look fairly well put together most days at that early hour. Even Donny D manages to have a white shirt and a sport coat most days, even at 6 am. Put some effort in, Barnicle. Put on a dress shirt at least -- you're usually only shown from the waist up when you're on camera.

Mika, mix it up a little -- we're all growing tired of your scarves. I suppose with warm weather, we will have the Lily Pulizter-type sleeveless dresses now.

snorca

snorca

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 11:04 AM

Did I really hear Santorum try to deflect a question about the efficiency of how his campaign is run by stating that "in a campaign there are microscopes going where you really don't want a microscope (not sure if that's the word he used) going". Really jackhole?? Really??? Kinda like the unwanted probes your party is so gung ho for in regards to women????? Again, not an exact quote as my head exploded just a little when I heard that and my retention is not what is should be.
head/desk

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 2:48 PM

God help me, I missed Joe. Mika can go take a running leap, but the guy makes me laugh (and rage, funny how that works).

I thought it was hilarious when Mika was doing a dramatic reading of her op-ed about Sgt. Bales.... while pictures of Paul Ryan flashed on the screen! I'd love to think that they were screwing with her. I'm so sick of her drama. Yes, it's a horrible topic, but read the f'ing thing like a newsperson and not like you're reading Shakespeare. She's the female Ted Baxter. At least she didn't get to say any more (as promised) about sugar and obesity.

shabbieshok

shabbieshok

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 5:41 AM

You missed Joe? Gee. I had the opposite reaction. :)

His yelling and hollering about everything and all his blustering and talking over people made me realize how nice it had been to listen to people have normal conversations while he was gone.

radicalmoderate

radicalmoderate

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 12:50 PM

I was pleasantly surprised that I was in total agreement with Joe on the killing of Treyvon, the 17 year old in Florida. I'm heartbroken about it and every time new information comes out it gets worse and worse. I didn't know his poor family didn't even get notified for 3 days.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 2:38 PM

Yes, I was thrilled that they devoted so much time to that as well. Joe and Al Sharpton seem to have a love/hate relationship. But I'm glad they can come together for something like this. But damn is Harold Ford useless. I have no idea where he was going with, "It's not a race issue...". He's so wishy washy/plays ALL sides... I'm sick of him and he's rarely even there.

See, that's the Joe I really like. And then he'll start in on Christie and Jeb, and he bugs me again.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 5:18 AM

Mika's on a tirade this morning. She said it's time for all the clowns to get off the bus & let Romney battle Obama. She said the freak show should end. She said the other contenders having nothing to talk about other than etch a sketch. Joe is in an undisclosed location.

Mika is mad about talking about NFL news.

Renard

Renard

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 6:36 AM

Forgive my language but...Mika is the dumbest twat that done ever twatted! I'm hoping it's just the hour of the morning and a generally foul mood.

Somebody on the panel just gave the long and very unoriginal thesis about how Republicans never win when they nominate a moderate (Dole, GHWB in '92, etc.) and how Romney is a similar moderate, yada yada, yada yada. Been there, heard it,, got the t-shirt to clean windows. So then Mika chimes in, "So that means Obama is toast?" or something to that effect. What is it that Keith Olbermann says about Sarah Palin?

Edited by Renard, Mar 22, 2012 @ 11:42 AM.

nmvrn

nmvrn

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 1:03 PM

I thought I heard Mika say "so its game over for Obama". She is such a nitwit.

radicalmoderate

radicalmoderate

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 1:09 PM

I heard that and winced for a minute and then thought maybe she meant for Obama as in the election is over and goes for him.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

"Somebody on the panel just gave the long and very unoriginal thesis about how Republicans never win when they nominate a moderate (Dole, GHWB in '92, etc.) and how Romney is a similar moderate, yada yada, yada yada. Been there, heard it,, got the t-shirt to clean windows. So then Mika chimes in, "So that means Obama is toast?" or something to that effect. What is it that Keith Olbermann says about Sarah Palin?"

That was Joe. Joe forgot that Dole & George Bush Sr faced a strong 3rd party challenge from Ross Perot which took away more votes from the GOP.

Joe said the Jeb Bush endorsement was important.

Mika meant that Obama is a sure winner & the election is game over for Romney.

As, usual this is wrong.

Anything can happen between now & November on economy, foreign policy etc...

Joe & Mika forgot that the electorate has been 50/50 since 2000 + or _ 3.

It is telling that Mccain got 47% of the vote in 2008, given the campaign weakness.

It seems more likely that it will be a 51-48% election.

Jonathan Capeheart gave a very emotional discussion about the death of Treyvon. he said as a young black man, he was told not to run in public & not to run with anything in his hand so he doesn't get shot by police.

Jeff Greenfield said that Romney was a center right governor who realized that he can't win the GOP nomination unless he takes more conservative positions

Zeke Emmanuel was on the show taking about health care. Joe disappeared. He is rahm's brother.

shabbieshok

shabbieshok

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 6:41 AM

Joe & Mika forgot that the electorate has been 50/50 since 2000 + or _ 3.

It is telling that Mccain got 47% of the vote in 2008, given the campaign weakness.

The electorate is nowhere near 50/50. The latest Gallup poll March/2012 shows 27% identify themselves as Republican, 30% as Democratic and 42% Independent.

McCain may have gotten 46% (not 47%) of the vote but Obama's margin of victory was far wider than expected. Obama's win was historic as he got more votes than any other individual in American history. Obama's margin of victory was three and a half times bigger than Bush's in 2004. It was the first time since 1964 that the Democrats won more than 50 percent of the total vote. The election wasn't close by anyone's definition. This year's election will probably be much closer but if it were held today, Obama would win easily.

Joe is such an arrogant ignorant blowhard. He made me so angry this morning when he was yelling about how right he was about Afghanistan and how it was all Obama's fault three years ago that he didn't pull all the troops out like Joe had told him to. Of course, as a Republican dick he wouldn't acknowledge any Republican culpability in the mess they made in both Iraq and Afghanistan in the first place. Talk about trying to rewrite history.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

"The electorate is nowhere near 50/50. The latest Gallup poll March/2012 shows 27% identify themselves as Republican, 30% as Democratic and 42% Independent."

You are correct, but I referred to the fact that the GOP nominee since 2000 has gotten around 50% of the vote in Presidential elections. Mccain got 45.7% in 2008 & Obama got 52.9%

"McCain may have gotten 46% (not 47%) of the vote but Obama's margin of victory was far wider than expected. Obama's win was historic as he got more votes than any other individual in American history. Obama's margin of victory was three and a half times bigger than Bush's in 2004. It was the first time since 1964 that the Democrats won more than 50 percent of the total vote. The election wasn't close by anyone's definition. This year's election will probably be much closer but if it were held today, Obama would win easily."

The recent elections have been effected by a 3rd & 4th party nominees.

Gore would have won in 2000 without Nader's green party vote taking away votes in several close states, especially Florida.

Obama's victories in Virginia, Indiana, & North Carolina were impressive because they usually vote GOP.

I agree it will be a close election, so it's important for the media pundits to do more analysis & stop thinking that Obama has the election in the bag.

Friday's partial review.

There was lots of discussion about Treyvon Martin's death. Everyone thinks Zimmerman should be charged.
Mike Allen said the GOP is starting to organize offices in Nevada,Colorado, Wisconsin, Florida & are hoping to benefit from early voters with mail in ballots.

Joe said Mccain was very disorganized in 2008.

Romney has only 8 million cash on hand.& closed an office in NH. ( This is a possibe GOP pickup with 4 electoral votes.

Joe was wearing his red italian tablecloth shirt from last year. Mika had a turqoise blue summery shirt.
The panel was busy discussing Obamacare. Mika said she has a 93 year old lady email her regularly to complain about her scarves & wanted to know about the healthcare.

On afghanistan, Joe went into his traditional rant that he knew all along that it was a bad idea,

I wonder if he will say this to Dr Z when he shows up . I would have to look at the old archives but I wonder if Joe was against Afghanistan in 2008?

Joe is such an arrogant ignorant blowhard. He made me so angry this morning when he was yelling about how right he was about Afghanistan and how it was all Obama's fault three years ago that he didn't pull all the troops out like Joe had told him to. Of course, as a Republican dick he wouldn't acknowledge any Republican culpability in the mess they made in both Iraq and Afghanistan in the first place. Talk about trying to rewrite history.

jenkait

jenkait

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 8:26 AM

I haven't been able to watch Morning Joe recently, as I'm being treated for a sleep disorder (random, I know). I appreciate being able to come here and catch up with your comments! Luckily it seems I haven't missed a whole lot, just silly arguing about the election.

I finally got a PVR, and I programmed it to record Morning Joe everyday! So now each afternoon I can be driven silly by Joe and the gang... But I'll probably put it on when I'm doing housework or cooking and can be distracted, that would seem more manageable/humane :) I am curious to see if they came up with any new music/strange glamor shots lately.

Hope everyone is well, and thanks for commenting!!

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 11:15 PM

It's good to see another canuck on the board Jenkait, eh!

PVR is the only watch to watch this show. There is too much fluff , commercials, sports, etc to spend 3 hours a day.

Today's review.

Santorum won Louisiana. Joe said Romney's performance in the deep south was pathetic.

Halperin reminded Joe that Obama lost several primaries to Clinton as the race was ending in 2008.

Halperin said NC is in play for the GOP but VA will probably go for Obama.

Joe showed the electoral college from 1992 when Clinton won several stats in the South. He said Romney will be weak in the GOP stronghold.

No one reminded Joe that Clinton was from Arkansas & Gore from Tenessee, so was a naturally strong candidates in the South & that Ross Perot took away many GOP votes in the South to allow Clinton to win several states.

Halperin said Obama will be under 300 electoral votes at this time. no revolution to the map yet.. i.e. Obama winning Georgia.

Romney is outspending Santorum 55-1 in Wisconsin.

Joe said Obama is running away from health care & is trying to blame Romney as the godfather of Obamacare.

Joe had another secret friend who was a top 3 CEO, who told him that his company will no longer be able to afford to pay premiums for its employees.

He said that govt run healthcare will be a reality within 10 years.

Mika brought up an article in the NYTIMES which said the GOP is moving too far right.

Joe started shouting at everyone & said the GOP raised the debt by a trillion dollars or more with Bush & the tea party congress.

Joe reminded the panel that he was in congress in 1995 & supported the shutdown of the government to pay down the debt.

Joe went on rant against govt spending. The panel was quiet.

That's enough for today.

olvidado

olvidado

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 1:57 PM

Joe started shouting at everyone & said the GOP raised the debt by a trillion dollars or more with Bush & the tea party congress.

All those goofuses were yelling over each other for a while this morning.

oakville1969

oakville1969

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 5:28 PM

Somewhat shocking news about the Today Show. Ann Curry may be fired soon and replaced with Savannah Guthrie!

Matt Lauer will resign a new long term deal so Willie stays put at Morning Joe.

Mika was not mentioned as a candidate to replace Ann Curry for the Today show.

http://gawker.com/58...t-of-the-today-

jenkait

jenkait

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 12:44 PM

Thanks oakville1969!! You're in Ontario, am I correct? (As I'm sure I already said, I'm in Vancouver). Do you too get asked why you don't watch the CBC instead? I do...but I like msnbc :) The PVR is a lifesaver... Agreed, you can't sit and WATCH MJ all the way through, it would take way too long. I have to be doing something else at the same time.

Well, since you brought up Savannah Guthrie I have to say something in regards to MJ...I know you guys will understand! *sigh* I started watching The Daily Rundown after I'd already been watching Morning Joe for a year or so. After three hours of obnoxious fighting, Chuck and Savannah were like a breath of fresh air!! They always seemed so happy and eager, they were always smiling. They were radiantly egalitarian; they took turns speaking, they finished each others' sentences, they were always so harmonious... They always said "we", "us" and "our", they were clearly a team, and they appeared to GENUINELY like and respect each other!! They would joke and tease but they never put each other down. They were just so freakin' DIFFERENT than Joe and Mika. I like MJ for what it is, but Chuck and Savannah just seemed like such lovely people when they'd come on afterwards :) So...I was very sad when they broke them up when Savannah went to the Today show. I'm not a Today show fan but I wish her the best, of course!! ...still, I definitely missed her and Chuck being on after Joe and Mika!! (also: I'll never understand why they didn't get Norah O'Donnell to take Savannah's place...no wonder they lost her to CBS, she was so underused.)

Sorry for the rant... As for the rumor, I don't know. Savannah is awesome IMHO but she might seem kind of new to head such a long-running show...?