2-10: "The Happiest Girl" 2007.08.13 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

407 replies to this topic

TWoP Sun

TWoP Sun

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2007 @ 6:09 PM

From Zap2it.com:

Bill takes Margene with him to a convention; Alby realizes that Juniper Creek has been robbed; Rhonda hits a new low in blackmailing Sarah.

Ethereal Zoe

Ethereal Zoe

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:00 PM

With everything that happened this episode, the best part for me was still Ben telling Barb exactly what she needed to hear, namely that she wasn't acting out of selflessness and concern for him by talking to Brynn. That, and that's she's not fooling anyone by pretending to be okay with the plural marriage. Sure, Nicki was right about his not being able to pick and choose parts of the Principle, but Barb still needed to have some reality thrown in her face. I could not be happier that her kids have now both made it known to her that they are smart enough to see what's going on.

If Nicki ever has to get a job, I would suggest party planner. 'Cause she can do anything she wants. As long as Bill and Barb and Roman and (now) Alby don't know about it. And she just may have to get a job, because if Bill finds out she told Alby about Weber Gaming, he needs to kick her out on her butt. Seriously. To me, the only part of her conversation with Alby that wasn't completely wrong was that Frank didn't get Kathy. Otherwise, that was pretty much treason. Treason due to vanity.

Barb is in an interesting place right now, because the deeper that her family gets involved in the Weber Gaming thing, the more Barb is losing her position of power. I think she's just getting an idea of what plural marriage means when you're not hiding it. And she didn't like it. Like Margene said to her, even though she meant something else, "You don't even like it, Barb. It isn't you."

Rhonda. . . grr. I cannot believe Heather's mom would believe anything Rhonda says over her own daughter. It's not like Rhonda's background is any more wholesome than Sarah's or that her daughter has done anything that bad, yet Rhonda's a little princess? No way. I call foul on that plot point. If I were Heather, I'd rather have Rhonda tell the entire world who I want to "kiss on the lips" than spend one more second with that vulture.

And telling her story about almost being a child bride is best punctuated by singing a song about marriage to a man? Ew.

Adaleen, you should have known when Alby's wife picked up that phone that you were out. Now get Roman some real help so he can kick Alby's butt from here to Kingdom Come. I love Alby, but there's only one Roman.

Glad we're back to Sundays starting next week. Keep it there, HBO.

Edited by Ethereal Zoe, Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:08 PM.

lanter

lanter

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:02 PM

“She doesn’t have any of the uppity thing going on that you have”
Bwah! I love to hate and hate to love Nicki. I thought that stealing the money was stupid but telling Alby about Bill’s new gaming business…….this will not end well.

I know that Rhonda is young but I would not be adverse to someone killing her. How about Ben? I think he has it in him. Seriously though, Rhonda is a psychopath who must be stopped. Poor Heather must be miserable living with that monster especially now that Rhonda has caught onto Heather’s “affection” for Sara. I am surprised that the show finally went there but I did get to have my own little “I knew it” moment.

Sara has become my favorite character on the show. When she was told that to truly have her own life she would have to break free of Barb, the look on her face was a great mixture of realization and sadness. I felt so bad for her but what a powerful scene.

Who knew that a song about a happy girl could be so damn creepy?

Alby is smarter than I thought. It looks like he has Roman, Bill and Nicki in his crosshairs. Damn this season is really good; in fact I think that it is just as strong if not stronger than the last few (overrated) seasons of the Sopranos.

sapphireprima

sapphireprima

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:09 PM

I can't believe Nikki blabed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did feel for Margene when Bill told that couple that she was the secatary(sp)

Ben continues to get creepy.

Alby, Alby, Alby who know he was such a genius...

I knew Frank wanted Kathy.

DJKiwi

DJKiwi

Channel Surfer

• Interests:Music, Movies, Books, Sports, Writing, Shopping

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:09 PM

This episode was absolutely painful yet amazing to watch. My Barb was back but at the same time she realized that soon she needs to make a decision for the future of her children. Sorry but Margene was unbearable tonight. All the crying and pouting to get her way. Sure Bill, Barb, and Nicki all do the same thing but Margene reverted to the level of a kindergarten student. This episode definitely provided a glimpse of what will happen in the last two. Surely this season will not end without a bang.

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

• Interests:http://myspace.com/roxievelma<br />http://lifetimemovieaddikt.blogspot.com

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:14 PM

Who knew that a song about a happy girl could be so damn creepy?

Personally, I thought that song was creepy when Donna Fargo originally sang it.

Eww, Frank wanting Kathy. I should have seen it coming since he hates his son anyway, why would he want him to be happy?

chilindrina

chilindrina

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:15 PM

I cheered when Margie yelled at Barb! Good for her, and how cute was she in this episode? Niki too was awesome. "I've saved up a little." Ha! Bill sleeping alone? Best scene ever. Bastard! When he told Barb to drop off his dry cleaning, I wanted to punch him in that big forehead of his.

Rhonda, Rhonda, Rhonda. Just when I think I couldn't hate her more, I'm proven wrong. I still don't think there is any truth to Heather "really liking" Sarah. I think Heather went along with it because she was scared. I mean her mom would totally believe Rhonda and Heather would be on the next bus to reprogramming camp. Heather's mom is horrible. Heather should just tell everyone what Rhonda said and end it.

Those twins were way creepy. And I like Alby as the compound leader. He's much more menacing than Roman. I think having Alby as the main Evil is a good move just because I never found Roman all that threatening.

All the women started as the happiest girl, but no one ended up happy in the end (Barb, Niki, Margene, Sarah, Heather). Actually, the Happiest Girl was Rhonda, I guess.

mharvey816

mharvey816

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:19 PM

I can't believe I've come to the point where I'm saying "hey don't kill creepy Roman, I'll miss him!"

Damn, I was really hoping that Heather would just up and kill Rhonda right there on live tv. That might have shaken Roman out of his painkiller-induced stupor. Rhonda really is EVIL and needs to be removed from the company of normal humans.

This season needs to end with Barb leaving the family, and taking Sarah with her (but leaving Ben behind because hells no, he won't go).

WTF, HBO, moving the show *again* with only 2 eps left? Is John From Cincinnati really that bad?

Edited by mharvey816, Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:25 PM.

LittleLou

LittleLou

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:22 PM

Wow, way to make me love Roman. I mean, really, really love him. Alby is the scariest person on the big love planets right now! Poor Adaleen, she started this though ...you wanted to have a revelation, Chica and you got it! Next time you want want to think the whole "Joseph Smith on Albys face-morph" through a bit more.

Rhonda and Frank need to dissapear. I have a feeling that Alby might not fall for the Frank and Cathy thing so easily (he has an all important power play, after all)...at least I hope so.

XJill

XJill

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:23 PM

I seriously started tearing up when Rhonda starting singing and Roman was getting drugged. Drugged and non-with it Roman makes me sad :( The song as well, although the actress has a lovely voice. When Frank said he wanted Kathy I just about lost my shit. He better not freaking get her. WHY won't someone kill Frank already?! Of all the scum on this show, he is the lowest.

Yay to Barb telling Bill he was sleeping alone down the hall. I was happy that Margene got introduced as wife.

Alby is indeed more menacing, and his wife is just scary. The are big time scary together.

Sad and powerful: Rhonda sings "Now you be careful, gotta go, I love you" and it cuts to Sarah. SO SAD.

Edited by XJill, Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:27 PM.

quickychick

quickychick

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:24 PM

Damn, I was really hoping that Heather would just up and kill Rhonda right there on live tv.

Same. It's been a long time since I've wanted to reach through the tv and cut a bitch, but the urge was strong tonight.

Kathy is so sweet; it'd be awful to see her end up with Frank.

MamaBird

MamaBird

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:27 PM

Could there be a creepier choice of song for Rhonda to sing, than "The Happiest Girl"? I remember that song when it first came out; it's the song of an ecstatic young wife who loves her husband and her marriage and her life. To see Rhonda singing it, with a note of desperation, even pain, in her voice and face, was horrifying. Couldn't someone have vetoed that song?*

I enjoyed Nicki's smackdown of Benny! She literally took him by the ear, and put him in his place but good. I knew it wouldn't be long before he tried to give her some of his patriarchal "priesthood-holder" bullshit, and that when he did, she'd chew him up and spit him out. That was fun to watch.

I really, really disapproved of Barb in this episode. She didn't want to go, Bill took Margene with the idea of her being his public wife on this trip -- then when it blew up in his face, he called her and she came running. She's always ready to come swooping in to save the day with facile lies and thinking on her feet. "Here I come to save the day!" She sees herself as the savior of the family, the one who pulls everybody's bacon out of the fire -- Bill, Joey, Wanda, Benny, Sarah. When Bill suddenly came clean about the polygamy, when there were no more secrets to protect with lies, Barb seemed disoriented. That's her wheelhouse, and suddenly it wasn't needed anymore.

Nicki has screwed the pooch big time. What ever possessed her to tell Alby about Weber Gaming? And of course he figured out she stole the money! How could she think he wouldn't? Alby doesn't know about Bill's double-dealing with Hollis Green, but that will probably come out too, now that it's all unraveling.

How am I going to wait until Sunday????

* Edited to add: I'm referring to the song's appropriateness (or lack of it) for the "Rescue" show. I would think that April Blessing, Heather's mother, and the other do-gooders would have urged her to substitute something less sexually charged.

Edited by MamaBird, Aug 13, 2007 @ 10:26 PM.

SecondWife

SecondWife

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:30 PM

Sooooo much good stuff in it...but my favorite part has to be when Margene handed Bill the note that says : "I told them I was your mistress." The look on his face was absolutely priceless!

I yelled the word "Bastard!!" more times than I can count tonight! I yelled it at Bill for calling Margene his "secretary", I yelled it at Frank for talking to Lois like she was trash and trying to get Cathy from Joey and Wanda, I yelled it at Bill for continuing to treat people like shit, and I yelled it at Alby because....well, because he's Alby...

Can't believe everyone (Frank, the cops, etc) calling Alby "sir"...

Rhonda is evil incarnate, that is for damn sure. I too was hoping the writers would not go the "girl crush route", but oh well....and Rhonda looked SO robotic, so Stepford Wife-like when she was singing. "Happiest Girl in the Whole USA?" You coulda fooled me....

Poor Nicki...the look on her face when she realized Bill would have been embarrassed to take her to the gaming convention. How very sad....and to see her spending addiction return is really sad too. I was FLOOORED when she spilled it to Alby about Weber Gaming.

And poor Barb....feeling like she was blindsided when Bill introduced BOTH of his wives to potential business associates. You can tell that Barb was feeling more and more helpless.

As the second wife in a plural marriage, I really understand Margene's anger and disappointment at not being able to be a public wife. I feel that way in my own marriage sometime. Luckily we have some social outlets where we don't have to hide who we are.

Can this show get any more awesomer????

LittleLou

LittleLou

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:31 PM

Same. It's been a long time since I've wanted to reach through the tv and cut a bitch, but the urge was strong tonight.

Yes! I was hoping that loon April Blessing was going to go crazy on live TV or something. Of course, her specialty seems to be making confused teenagers feel terrible.

SecondWife

SecondWife

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:33 PM

Could there be a creepier choice of song for Rhonda to sing, than "The Happiest Girl"? I remember that song when it first came out; it's the song of an ecstatic young wife who loves her husband and her marriage and her life. To see Rhonda singing it, with a note of desperation, even pain, in her voice and face, was horrifying. Couldn't someone have vetoed that song?

No way...it was PERFECT. It showed what a FARCE everyone is living. No way are ANY of the female characters on that show happy in any way shape or form.

Princess Louie

Princess Louie

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:34 PM

Yes, John From Cincinnatti is really that bad. It's also over.

So much, so much, so much. That AlbyWife a nurse? How'd they get all those narcotics? I guess she works in the compound's medical clinic - assuming they have one. Either that or UEB's in the painkiller business. I wonder if rural Utahns have as big a problem with Hillbilly Heroin (i.e. oxycontin) that we do here in Tennessee and Kentucky.

Poor Adaleen. She seems to have lost all her powers.

Margene was so funny in her conversation with Ray. Later on...not so much. This plural marriage business isn't working for any of them - not the kids (old and young), not the spouses.

In the previews, I thought Bill's scene at the poker table was going to be about him wagering Weber Gaming. Instead it was just nothing.

Amanda Seyfried was just terrific, especially in the scene with April Blessing, who is an annoying person but also was telling the truth. Too bad she knows Rhonda's a liar, but is unwilling to hold her responsible for it.

I think Heather should have just called Rhonda's bluff. And that "Happiest Girl" was a creepy song even when it came out, in the 1970's, as an answer to the feminist movement.

I was waiting for Roman to call out "Rhondaaaaa!!!" when she was singing on TV in his bedroom.

Poor Joey and Wanda.....and poor Kathy, too. Surely this won't happen.

And you're right - Nicki would make an exceptional party planner. How did she get all those lights strung by dark? And did she still have to pay for the ice sculpture and all the stuff at the lodge? Interesting that she stole $60,000...the same amount she owed.

snowball

snowball

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:34 PM

I'm still digesting what I watched, but I do have two questions.

Why was Nicki planning Joey and Kathy's announcement party? That is what she was doing - right? How did she get involved in that all of the sudden?

The other thing that kind of annoys me is that Heather's parents are all over Rhonda, worrying about her, etc. I seem to remember last week that the evening news announcer mentioned that Rhonda announced her love for Roman, or something along those lines, after he was shot. It was kind of a background thing, if I remember correctly, and I just figured it was Rhonda being the attention whore she is, but it's a far cry from this week when she's back on tv as a "survivor." Wouldn't this give Heather's parents pause about what's real and what's fiction with this chick? It was pretty obvious that the tv reporter (April?) is on to Rhonda, and that basically, she's using Rhonda to get her message out/work out her shit (which is fine by me because Rhonda deserves anything she gets at this point . . .) But is Rhonda so compelling to Heather's parents that they chuck sixteen years with their daughter for a disturbed young woman who changes her stories as often as she changes her underwear?

I kind of assumed that Alby signed Kathy over to Frank, given his "she's taken" line to Nicki when he broke up the party. Poor Kathy. Poor, poor Kathy. It could play out into an interesting showdown between Joey and Frank.

It's strange that I used to like Barb, but now I'm so disgusted by her that I'm kind of enjoying her pain. I guess it stems from the fact that to me, she's well aware of what this plural marriage is costing her and what it's doing to her children that remember, and lived with, one mother and father. The woman I thought was so strong is coming off as terribly weak in the areas that to me, would be most important in life. I just have a hard time grasping that she'd sacrifice her children's well-being for Bill.

But I can always count on Bill to be a horse's ass.

MamaBird

MamaBird

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:39 PM

Couldn't someone have vetoed that song?

No way...it was PERFECT. It showed what a FARCE everyone is living. No way are ANY of the female characters on that show happy in any way shape or form.

Oh, I agree! For the show "Big Love" it was precisely right. But I meant the people putting on the "Rescue" show or whatever it was. I would've thought April Blessing and/or Heather's mother would want her to sing something a little less over-the-top. I understand that they'd want the viewers to be shocked by the life she lived on the compound, and to feel sorry for her... but that was about as subtle as a meat cleaver.

quickychick

quickychick

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:40 PM

Rhonda: "I'm singing a song. A SURVIVOR song."

A tiny, tiny piece of me wanted it to be Eye of the Tiger.

NoKidding

NoKidding

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:41 PM

lanter - I think that it is just as strong if not stronger than the last few (overrated) seasons of the Sopranos.

ITA - My exact words during the credits were "Big Love has become everything the Sopranos stopped being!"

There were so many 'A-Ha' moments in this episode. It's great to see so many things coming to a head.

My favorite moment was when Bill introduced Barb and Margie as his wives to the gaming sleazebags. Kudos to Jeanne Tripplehorn for letting the emotion wash over her face - surprise, happiness, sadness, despair. While Margie was getting everything she wanted, Barb was realizing she had lost everything. Little did she know that the only reason Bill did the introduction was so he could have a vice and impress the aforementioned sleazebags. And there's Margie thinking she was getting legitimacy, when really she was just being used to prove Bill's status as a pig. If THAT'S not great TV, then I don't know what is! LOL

When Margie told Barb that she wasn't cut out for being the Weber Gaming wife, Barb was clearly thinking she wasn't cut out to be Bill's wife period. Not this version of Bill. The Bill she loved is GONE. I agree that the season has to end with Barb taking her daughters and running.

And yay for Sundays! It's fitting that Big Love gets the Sopranos Sundays, because they earned the spot.

Hollyberries

Hollyberries

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:43 PM

This episode was amazing - so much to digest. If you had told me last season that Alby had the cajones to pull off a coup of this magnitude I'd have said you were crazy. He's a viper after all.

chilindrina

chilindrina

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:46 PM

Kathy is so sweet; it'd be awful to see her end up with Frank.

And that right there, made me hope for Joey marries Kathy. Franks is so disgusting. I would hate Kathy to end up with him. And I thought Niki throwing Joey/Kathy/Wanda an engagement party was really sweet.

I too was hoping the writers would not go the "girl crush route", but oh well

I think this whole "crush" thing is going to turn out to be nothing. Or I'm hoping it will. I think Heather was telling her mother that Rhonda was blackmailing her. Heather pointing at Rhonda and her mom looking concerned.

But I can always count on Bill to be a horse's ass.

Bill never disappoints in that area.

I LOVED Niki opening up a can of whoop-ass on Ben!

Edited by chilindrina, Aug 13, 2007 @ 10:06 PM.

SecondWife

SecondWife

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:50 PM

Rhonda: "I'm singing a song. A SURVIVOR song."

A tiny, tiny piece of me wanted it to be Eye of the Tiger.

ROFLMAO!! Nice one, Quicky Chick!

While Margie was getting everything she wanted, Barb was realizing she had lost everything. Little did she know that the only reason Bill did the introduction was so he could have a vice and impress the aforementioned sleazebags. And there's Margie thinking she was getting legitimacy, when really she was just being used to prove Bill's status as a pig.

So right! That was another time I yelled "BASTARD!" at my TV.

shockey80te

shockey80te

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:53 PM

Poor Nicki...the look on her face when she realized Bill would have been embarrassed to take her to the gaming convention. How very sad....and to see her spending addiction return is really sad too. I was FLOOORED when she spilled it to Alby about Weber Gaming.

Not only that, but he later pretended like Nikki wasn't upset when he told Margie, "She said she didn't want to go." Bill Hendrickson is THE BIGGEST ASSHOLE IN TELEVISION HISTORY (maybe that's just how I feel right now). He's basically pulling all three of his wives into his hole. He also had the nerve to tell Barb to take his clothes to the dry cleaners? OH HELL NO! I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree because Frank is a complete jackass and Benny looks like he's heading down that road too.

Heather is definitely into Sarah. What reason would he have for her behavior otherwise? Rhonda is pure evil.

While that woman had Sarah totally pegged, I hope Sarah leaves her alone. That woman wants to use Sarah and even a lying sack of sh*t like Rhonda to fight her old battles. I feel so bad for Sarah, the ONLY person around her she can trust is Scott.

Alby should've chosen Rhonda... they could've given birth to the AntiChrist. Jeez, he's a piece of garbage now. I don't care for Adaleen, so she deserves everything that's coming to her for trusting this imbecile.

Nikki, Nikki, Nikki... keep your trap shut! Although I can't blame her the way Bill treats her. Margie disappoints me more and more every week. She seems to be getting less and less mature. I feel for Barb, but she has to stop running to Bill's side everytime he screws up and then needs her help. The conversation between Margie and Barb was great... Margie was talking about Weber Gaming and Barb was thinking about Bill, this marriage, and this life.

As others have said, that last song was creepy as hell. NONE of the women are the happiest girl.

Edited by shockey80te, Aug 13, 2007 @ 10:02 PM.

DJKiwi

DJKiwi

Channel Surfer

• Interests:Music, Movies, Books, Sports, Writing, Shopping

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:54 PM

My favorite moment was when Bill introduced Barb and Margie as his wives to the gaming sleazebags. Kudos to Jeanne Tripplehorn for letting the emotion wash over her face - surprise, happiness, sadness, despair. While Margie was getting everything she wanted, Barb was realizing she had lost everything. Little did she know that the only reason Bill did the introduction was so he could have a vice and impress the aforementioned sleazebags. And there's Margie thinking she was getting legitimacy, when really she was just being used to prove Bill's status as a pig. If THAT'S not great TV, then I don't know what is! LOL

When Margie told Barb that she wasn't cut out for being the Weber Gaming wife, Barb was clearly thinking she wasn't cut out to be Bill's wife period. Not this version of Bill. The Bill she loved is GONE. I agree that the season has to end with Barb taking her daughters and running.

Everything I wanted to put in words earlier but was still too shocked to construct understandable sentences. Barb's feelings at that moment was perfect contrast to Margene's. The comparisons have been made before but Margene is the "new" Barb to the "new" Bill. Unfortunately, I think in the end, Bill will realize that everything the "real" Barb was true.

box o nuts

box o nuts

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:55 PM

I love it when I can completely root for Lois. She may actually have beaten out Sarah for my favorite character spot - probably not though, Sarah is much more loveable...Lois is just so fun to watch! And when she gave Frank the divorce papers with a "Page 4 - Community Property" tap of her finger, ooh, that was a fun moment. I'm glad the writers let her make it into the gas station and lock the door. Frank is somehow scarier when he's threatening than I think he would be if we actually saw him beat his wife (tho I'm sure he's done it many times before, unfortunately).

I'm glad Bill's Weber Gaming shit is about to hit the (Alby) fan. He's totally going to get bitch-slapped from here to eternity (which, I think, according to his beliefs...would be possible!). I don't think we can blame Nicki for spilling the beans though. Granted, she was trying to show off for Alby in order to protect herself after getting caught stealing $60,000 (!!!), and she was being utterly Nicki in her self-absorption...AND she'd set herself up for this whole issue by insisting on her party and all that (Wayne's birthday party much?). But! She had no idea Bill poached the company from the UEB. Bill never told his wives that bit - and without knowing that, there was no real reason she should have kept the business quiet (other than, you know, common sense). So! In the end, I feel we can blame Bill's hubris for this situation as well (he thinks he knows better than his wives and won't tell them the real situation - what does he expect??).

Edited by box o nuts, Aug 13, 2007 @ 9:56 PM.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 10:04 PM

I was FLOOORED when she spilled it to Alby about Weber Gaming.

Nicki has screwed the pooch big time. What ever possessed her to tell Alby about Weber Gaming?

Why wouldn't she tell him? Bill never disclosed that WG was something the UEB wanted to buy. Bill never shared anything about pitting the Greens against the UEB or any of his plotting and backstabbing to get Weber Gaming. All he told Barb, Nicki and Margie is that he bought WG.

ETA: box o nutsbeat me to the punch. :)

Edited by Cosmocrush, Aug 13, 2007 @ 10:06 PM.

newslady

newslady

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 10:07 PM

When Rhonda was singing that creepy song on television and "Old" Roman was being heavily sedated by Alby and his Rhonda-look-alike wife, I had the eeriest feeling the telephone was going to ring and we'd hear, "Seven days" whispered by Samara, er, I mean Rhonda.

tarragon918

tarragon918

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 10:18 PM

Kudos to those who called both Frank wanting Kathy and Rhonda blackmailing Heather about her "true" feelings for Sarah. Right on target (a bullseye, in fact), though it also raised my level of disgust with both characters. I'm pretty disgusted with most of the characters on the show right now; Sarah and Heather are probably the only ones I can tolerate. And they're still LDS -- they may have a few more "rights" than women in one of the FLDS camps, but only a few. Just find any unmarried LDS woman in her thirties and see what her place is in the LDS scheme of things. Pretty near to the bottom of the totem pole, if not the absolute bottom. Hah.

So why do I watch the show then? *laughs* I guess the actors are all doing their jobs really well to make me be so involved with their characters like this! Is Roman just all drugged up, or are Alby and his nurse wife planning the ultimate take-over of Juniper Creek? They've already shut out Adaleen. I don't know how Nicki thought that she was going to actually get away with stealing all that money; Alby certainly glommed onto her right away. Alby is so going after Bill now. And we all know that Frank doesn't really want Kathy--he just wants to get back at Wanda and Joey. Lois wasn't too bad tonight at least; but these people bring new meaning to the term disfunctional! I would -gladly- "divorce" myself from a mother and father like Lois and Frank, believe me.

That all being said, I am so looking forward to the last two episodes, and so glad that HBO is moving the show back to Sunday night. *laughs* We only have 6 nights until the next episode now! But then I shall be sad when they're over, and will have to wait for the third season.

Hawkwild

Hawkwild

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 10:19 PM

To see Rhonda singing it, with a note of desperation, even pain, in her voice and face, was horrifying. Couldn't someone have vetoed that song?

I have to agree with everyone who found the song to be perfect. Perfectly horrifying, but still perfect.

I can't recall an hour of television that has filled me with more sadness and dread than this hour. Just a stellar episode. Absolutely unsettling and amazing.