The Weeds Wishlist: "How cool would it be if there was a genie in this hookah?"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

28 replies to this topic

Prospero

Prospero

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2007 @ 12:12 PM

Welcome to the wishlist - post everything you would like to see on Weeds here.

I'd love to see a flashback episode about everyone on the show. Nancy living with her family, Heylia starting and developing her business and so on. I would also like to see Quinn again. She seemed to belong in Agrestic.

The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil

Stalker

Posted Aug 11, 2007 @ 1:12 PM

I'm in total agreement with the flashback episode thing. Especially if it is about when Judah died and how Nancy came to the conclusion that selling weed is her only option.

gossipcom

gossipcom

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2007 @ 7:29 PM

Heylia starting and developing her business

That's the one I want to see. I want to know how Heylia, Conrad and Co got started in the business and how they managed to become #1 Weed sellers in their neighbourhood. Also would be interested to see a flashback of the last time Andy was around before he returned in the first season.

Edited by gossipcom, Aug 11, 2007 @ 7:31 PM.

American Snob

American Snob

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 11, 2007 @ 8:00 PM

I would love to see Quinn and Josh come back. Although they gave an explanation for Quinn's disappearance a lot wasn't explained about Doug's drug dealing gay son. I loved him and Nancy's moments in the pilot.

Future wishes:
*That the Shane/Zooey abduction thing don't last too long.
*More of Nancy and Conrad together colloborating. The journey they're about to take with U-Turn looks to be an interesting one.
*Less annoying Silas.
*More juicy plots for Celia, Doug and Andy + something interesting for Heylia. She's probably the most underused character on the show.

Edited by American Snob, Aug 11, 2007 @ 8:01 PM.

booberella

booberella

Fanatic

• Interests:Comic Strip Chicanery

Posted Aug 11, 2007 @ 8:08 PM

Can I wish for Silas to be shipped to that same mysterious Mexican Boarding School?

Talix18

Talix18

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:TV (obviously), the internets, books, 12-step recovery, music, Yoga, South Beach (the diet, not the place), Pooh, traditional Craft, NASCAR, Barbie, Legos, beauty and truth, fabulosity

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 11:27 AM

Please don't send Andy to the Army (I imagine their recruiting woes would let them let him in with only eight toes) (I didn't mean for that to rhyme)! I like him being his dopey, horndoggy self, but I love him in those moments he drops the funny and lets Nancy know he's there for the boys and her.

Edited by Talix18, Aug 13, 2007 @ 11:27 AM.

jcpbmg

jcpbmg

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 3:52 PM

Hands down no question Brad Whitford with a solid 4-episode arc. Their on-screen chemistry is undeniable.

Whitford can even play a colleague of Allison Janney's lawyer character this way Janney can come back and they can all be on screen together.

But honestly, I'd settle for Whitford in just 1 episode as long as he had scenes with MLP.

Angora Deb

Angora Deb

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 14, 2007 @ 12:13 PM

I second the vote for back story and flashbacks to Nancy as a housewife. Judah's such a big cipher to me. What does she miss about him specifically? What kind of dad was he? I would have liked to see (more of) this at the very beginning for emotional heft, but it's not too late.

honeycocoa

honeycocoa

Fanatic

Posted Aug 18, 2007 @ 1:42 AM

Man, I just don't want Weeds to turn into the Sopranos. I mean enough cops and guns and gangsters already. If I wanted to watch a cop show, I'd watch a damn cop show. there'a already enough of them. Seriously the Sopranos went off the air & it's like all the cable producers freaked out & said "we can replace it!"
I really enjoyed the first season when it was just a funny show about a former dancer/ suburban mom dealing pot. That was good, the developed some funny interesting charactors some origina; "edgy" situations" & it was good. But in the second season they had to go & get all intense with the DEA & U turn & the Armenians & all. I mean I get that drug dealing isn't fun, but lighten up already.

TheNakedWriter

TheNakedWriter

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 19, 2007 @ 11:59 PM

I second the vote for back story and flashbacks to Nancy as a housewife. Judah's such a big cipher to me. What does she miss about him specifically? What kind of dad was he? I would have liked to see (more of) this at the very beginning for emotional heft, but it's not too late.

Totally thirded ;) ...plus, who could say no to more screentime for Jeffrey Dean Morgan? Certainly not me - nor Morgan, what with the habit TV writers seem to be getting into of casting him as the lost true love!

Also - who wants more Josh? I do! I want to see him and Doug play off each other, I think exploring Doug's reaction to his son's homosexuality would be so much fun - if there's any show that could bring a new dynamic to coming out in the suburbs, it's WEEDS.

Edited by TheNakedWriter, Aug 20, 2007 @ 12:02 AM.

Noam McDonald

Noam McDonald

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 22, 2007 @ 12:48 AM

Please don't send Andy to Army (I imagine their recruiting woes would let them let him in with only eight toes) (I didn't mean for that to rhyme)! I like him being his dopey, horndoggy self, but I love him in those moments he drops the funny and lets Nancy know he's there for the boys and her.

Agreed. The Andy in Army storyline just seems like a watered down version of Buster in Army from "Arrested Development," complete with missing appendages and botched pot deals. At least Nancy isn't building homes in Iraq.

joeblow

joeblow

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 22, 2007 @ 10:46 PM

Oh man, I completely forgot about Buster storyline! That is a scary parallel.

honeycocoa

honeycocoa

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2007 @ 11:01 PM

I can't imagine Andy passing the most basic of Army drug screens. He ought to be home with a dishonoarble discharge in no time.

SpicyWildflower

SpicyWildflower

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2007 @ 11:05 PM

First thing on my Wish List is that Nancy slap Celia at least once for drowning the weed. That was foul in my book and made my blood boil just seeing it, while she lounges there drunkenly.

She needs a beat down for that, and for her general attitude, which while awesome, can become grating, because she takes shit too far some times.

My second wish is for Celia and U-Turn to meet and fall in love. Just imagine that.

Prospero

Prospero

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2007 @ 11:17 AM

Now that I have started watching season 3, I have a lot of new things in my wishlist.

1. Silas beaten by Nancy. With a bat.
2. More Celia with Doug. Both are awesome.
3. U-Turn dead. I am sick and tired of him. The introduction of this character made the show gloomy and depressing. I do not want Nancy or Conrad to work for him, I want them to be free and I want this show to be light and funny like it used to be. Hope Heylia has a good plan how to take care of him.
4. I want Sanjay to meet Josh.
5. I want Kat back later this season. Heart-hug. Heart-hug!

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Aug 29, 2007 @ 10:41 PM

1. Silas beaten by Nancy. With a bat.

Yes. Nancy. Or anyone really. Hee.

American Snob

American Snob

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 29, 2007 @ 10:55 PM

1. I second the slap fight between Celia and Nancy. Celia definitely deserves it and it should be just as amusing as the "let go of my fucking hair/be my friend fight" in season 2.
2. Nancy/Conrad hookup.
3. U-Turn killed which is arranged by Heylia.
4. More Kevin Nealon. His scenes this season are minimal.
5. That Andy doesn't go to Iraq and winds up with no toes.
6. Heylia stops being so stuck up.
7. That Mary-Kate totally doesn't suck in her role.
8. More heart hugs.
9. More funny ass ending songs like in 303. "knock, knock, who's there?"
10. Lupita doesn't get fired.

SpicyWildflower

SpicyWildflower

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2007 @ 12:24 AM

I want to see more of Sanjay this season, there's too little of him. I'd love to see him hook up with Doug's son, that'll be one hilarious family dinner.

I kinda wish they'd keep Doug's wife hidden away like Karen's husband on Will & Grace or Meris on Frasier. Some things are better left to the imagination and she's becoming one of those characters for me.

annoyed

annoyed

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 7, 2007 @ 3:16 PM

Hands down no question Brad Whitford with a solid 4-episode arc.

WORD!

My wish is for Nancy to find Alejandro and have him off U-Turn.

postitbreakup

postitbreakup

Posted Jul 14, 2009 @ 11:01 PM

I wish that Nancy killed Esteban after he raped her, and then fled to another location and stirred up some new shit, hopefully with a woman villain this time (although I guess we might be getting that).

I wish that Andy and Nancy's twu luv had stayed unspoken until the last 2-3 episodes of the series, if ever.

I wish that Doug had tripped during his autoerotic asphyxiation, had a near-death experience, and decided to get his shit together again. Bought a suit, and done this marijuana business super professionally. Maybe even taught Silas some business lessons, so their relationship would be more equal and less insta-mature Silas babysitting wacky stagnant Kevin Nealon.

I wish that Celia's husband would have died or something, because otherwise I can see no reason for Isabella to be living in the garage with Celia. (I can't believe that he gets to stay around, while Heylia and Conrad had to go. Like, really, show?)

I wish that I understood Nancy, even a little, after 4.5 seasons of watching her. And that she wouldn't stay with a man who treats her like shit, rape or otherwise, just because she's supposed to be Nancy Fucking Botwin. Even Celia got away from her kidnapper.

I wish for, in the final season, at least a brief return to Agrestic--after all, we spent 3 seasons there--and some tying up of all these threads that the show just throws out and dangles in our face and then takes away to replace with new, stupider threads.

Most of all, I wish that I had my show back, and I wish that bored people in the writers' room wouldn't fuck up a beloved and high-quality program with whatever shit they think will stick.

This cast will never be assembled again--there will never be another Weeds. There will probably be 7 seasons, max. This is the only opportunity for this show, and they are throwing it away, like so many shows have done before.

Jenji has mentioned how she changes the show to keep the writers from getting bored. How about replacing the bored writers. I think that dozens of people here could come up with storylines 10x better than the shit they are putting on our screens. But it's like these writers (and Grey's and Gilmore's and so many shows) know that they have you ensnared, that you will probably stick around or at least tune in for the final episodes, so they feel free to write whatever amuses them, the integrity of the characters and show be damned.

Edited by postitbreakup, Jul 14, 2009 @ 11:04 PM.

brista

brista

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 28, 2009 @ 7:57 AM

I wish Doug and all his plots would go far, far away. This character has been ridiculous (in a bad way) for at least two seasons. Maybe he could be the one to move to Pittsburgh.

MustBeThursday

MustBeThursday

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 10, 2009 @ 9:46 PM

I wish Esteban would go away, and Conrad would come back.

swampy

swampy

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 25, 2009 @ 2:24 PM

Not so much a wish, though I wouldn't mind being right, but I still haven't forgotten that lion from last year.

Femvamp2009

Femvamp2009

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 4, 2009 @ 6:07 PM

My wish Showtime does a crossover between Dexter and Weeds. Dexter vs the Teflon Warrior. (Because everyone thinks Nancy killed Pilar)

Edited by Femvamp2009, Sep 4, 2009 @ 6:08 PM.

TVsurfer

TVsurfer

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 15, 2010 @ 11:52 PM

Weeds has kind of lost me with its long arc narratives by this point,
but I still think Nancy and some of the other characters are engaging personalities in their own right
--- I kind wish they would do a webisode series with short scenes with just vignette-y character interactions/one-off anecdote scenes or even short films.

Al3xX420

Al3xX420

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 17, 2010 @ 12:28 AM

I wish that, somehow, Guiellermo finds Nancy this season (before Estaban) and thanks her for getting rid of Pilar.

Aymery

Aymery

Fanatic

Posted Aug 17, 2010 @ 11:59 AM

Naked Silas.

That is all.

swampy

swampy

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2010 @ 12:07 PM

I will second that. Full frontal Hunter Parrish is just what this show needs.

I also wish that Elizabeth Perkins pops up at SOME point this season, though I know it's unlikely.

Janet48

Janet48

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 21, 2010 @ 7:21 PM

My favorite part of the episode was Nancy coming down the stairs with all the luggage - bump, bump, bump - as if this sort of thing - your child murdering someone and you are now forced to go on the lam - happens all the time. (Actually I guess with the Botwins it does.)

And of course Uncle Andy (who has always been my favorite) "Who did Shane kill?" heh.

ITA - this is the 1st epi, but I think we will see more of the same but different. The kids are a little older; the whole mallet thing was hilarious in conjunction with the swan dive from the roof. The pace of this episode was pretty quick for the most part and I have every confidence that we as fans will continue to be rewarded for our loyalty.