Dexter in the Media

• Please log in to reply

605 replies to this topic

Reeckymartin

Reeckymartin

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 27, 2011 @ 11:40 AM

i m very crazy about dexter and in craziness i create blog on dexter, i add every single episodes of dexter and watch them free time.......

hoosegal

hoosegal

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 6, 2012 @ 5:39 AM

[url="http://noms.icanhascheezburger.com/2011/09/01/funny-food-photos-dexter-does-dessert/?fb_ref=newpromocopy""]I want it!![/url]

Edited by hoosegal, Jan 6, 2012 @ 5:43 AM.

BruceMO

BruceMO

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 1:41 PM

According to the St. Louis Post Dispatch gossip columnist, MCH and JCarp are apparently being seen around and about spending time together again... I hope those two crazy kids work it out!

hardy har

hardy har

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 3:01 PM

Motherfucker.

I haven't watched the last 2 seasons of this show. It just got too dumb for me and I decided to stop watching. Now that Showtime has released the first official still of the new season and they've announced Yvonne Strahovski will be on for a multi-episode arc I . . . just have to start watching again. LOL at Vulture's guess about Strahovski's arc though:

She'll play a "strong, independent woman" who helps Dexter and his colleagues with a few old cases — but Dexter thinks there's something she's not telling them! Is it that she's a secret murderer? If so, then we're predicting that she and Dexter will fall in murderer-love, but things won't work out, so Dexter will of course have to murder her, because that's how all guest appearances on this show end.

Heh.

Edited by hardy har, Jun 12, 2012 @ 3:02 PM.

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 5:39 AM

Thanks for the links, hardy har.
After reading the new cast members, I dare say I'm looking forward to the new season. I've not been one to blast this show as much as some but last season was so embarrassingly bad, I've not given it another thought.
Until now.

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 8:36 PM

Showtime's released a new preview of season 7. Debra is asking him to step away from the body. There is also a picture of her holding a gun on him

Preview of teaser

diebartdie

diebartdie

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 10:58 AM

Hi folks, I have a question....when season 7 starts will I be able to get a season pass on amazon (although I prefer amazon, itunes would be ok too I guess) for it like I have for Breaking Bad? I find that much less expensive than paying for more cable television that I would ever watch!

DrLar

DrLar

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2012 @ 10:14 AM

Anybody watched the latest Webisodes yet? if so, where to discuss them?

SunnyBeBe

SunnyBeBe

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2012 @ 10:33 AM

Anybody watched the latest Webisodes yet? if so, where to discuss them?

Yes and I was wondering the same thing.

mingster

mingster

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 7, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

Michael C. Hall. Howard Schatz. Photography. Action.

(Apologies if somebody has posted this already.)

AngelaHunter44

AngelaHunter44

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 11:19 AM

Hope I'm asking in the right place, but for anyone who has read the books, would it be a good idea to read them now after seeing all the episodes? Are the differences in the show and the book too jarring? I see Amazon has an omnibus version with 3 books in one and thought that might be a good purchase.

Cosmosgravitati

Cosmosgravitati

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 24, 2012 @ 1:55 PM

There are very significant differences between the books and series.

Personally, I thought the first book was good, the second book was decent, and the third book was total crap. I stopped reading after the third book, so I'm not sure how the rest of the series went.

hadapurpura

hadapurpura

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2012 @ 2:15 PM

Is the third book the with with supernatural stuff on it?

AngelaHunter44

AngelaHunter44

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2012 @ 6:02 PM

Thank you, Cosmosgravitati!

I'll just get the first then. Glad I asked!

Cosmosgravitati

Cosmosgravitati

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 2, 2012 @ 12:57 PM

Is the third book the with with supernatural stuff on it?

Yes, that's the one.

I think Dexter is one of the rare cases in which the TV show tells a superior story than the novels.

AngelaHunter44

AngelaHunter44

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2012 @ 10:15 AM

I think Dexter is one of the rare cases in which the TV show tells a superior story than the novels.

Absolutely. I just finished the first book and I'm halfway through the second, which I like better. If I had read the books before seeing the series, I doubt very much that I would have watched.

MyAlias

MyAlias

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 12:27 PM

Coy 'Dexter' Producers Hint At 'Huge Plot Holes' In Season Finale

lovemytvshows

lovemytvshows

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 11, 2012 @ 7:07 AM

Does this count as a "Dexter in the Media"?

Imgur Dexter Season 7 finale prediction

Naybob

Naybob

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 11, 2012 @ 12:43 PM

Some odd similarities in a real life case in the news today. A former cop is slated for execution in Florida for 9 Murders. Seems his victims were all involved with drugs or dealers, and he felt he was doing the world a favor. He was in the Miami-Dade county area, and his name was Manuel Pardo. Gee, what's that seem awfully close to?

There was even a picture of him from the late 80s where he had a slight resemblance to Jimmy Smits.

So, I wonder if they're going to use lethal injection, or just wrap a wire around his neck?

pillowfight

pillowfight

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 11, 2012 @ 3:10 PM

An article that gets into why cable dramas since the "golden age" (Sopranos, Wire, et. al) haven't quite been able to live up to the greatness that pre-dated them. Dexter obviously included.

Really interesting read:Bad Lessons Learned From Great Television

Atomic Clock

Atomic Clock

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2012 @ 5:58 PM

I was coming here to post that very article, Pillowfight. Thanks for sharing.

I think a lot of the problems of shows like Dexter could be solved if tptb on the show and at the parent network could agree that less is more. Giving their shows an end date like Breaking Bad, rather than just renewing them year after year like Dexter long after they burn out would do better service for it's legacy. Even though this season somewhat redeemed itself, we've still got one more to go and I think it's safe to say that Dexter has run about two or three seasons too long.

But let's not look at history with rose-colored glasses. The Sopranos was also guilty of over-staying it's welcome, as was 24 and The Wire. Everyone is still celebgrating Homeland on the coattails of it's recent Emmy wins, but the cracks are beginning to show in it's armor as we approach the end of it's second season.

On the whole, I agree. When the show was really good (seasons 1, 2 and 4), it far outclassed the novels. Cable TV has demonstrated that feature films may not be the best place to do a book series justice. Another great example of this is Justified, which has surpassed it's Elmore Leonard literary counterpart.

Edited by Atomic Clock, Dec 11, 2012 @ 6:00 PM.

pillowfight

pillowfight

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 10:40 AM

People seemed to enjoy the first half, so here's a link to the conclusion. Discussion of Dexter and other current dramas, and why they don't quite live up to their predecessors: Bad Lessons Learned From Great TV, pt. 2

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 21, 2012 @ 12:55 PM

On an unrelated note but one that is telling of the times in which we are living, wondering if anyone saw this and has thoughts as to Dexter being the TV show poster child of our culture of violence?

Mama No Life

Mama No Life

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 12, 2013 @ 6:25 PM

Read today that Dexter's season is starting three months early, on June 30th.

Anyone else seen that?

Tocks

Tocks

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 12, 2013 @ 10:14 PM

I just read it on Tumblr! It was announced on the official Showtime Facebook.

EXCITING NEWS: Dexter will return for an eighth season on Sunday, June 30th at 9PM ET/PT, immediately followed by the series premiere of Ray Donovan at 10PM ET/PT. And Homeland will return for a third season on Sunday, September 29th at 9PM ET/PT, immediately followed by the series premiere of Masters of Sex at 10PM ET/PT. Only on Showtime Networks!
https://www.facebook...time?group_id=0

I'm fairly excited about getting Dexter back three months early, but it'll be weird watching it over summer! Wonder why they're totally redoing the schedule for its last season?

TheRabbi

TheRabbi

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2013 @ 10:43 PM

They're keen to point out though that it won't necessarily be the last season. It all boils down to 2 things: money, and Michael C Hall.

I'm sure giving the writers 3 less months in the "off-season" to think of story ideas will be great for the quality next season...

Vultures

Vultures

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 12, 2013 @ 11:07 PM

I'm sure giving the writers 3 less months in the "off-season" to think of story ideas will be great for the quality next season...

My thoughts exactly. The writing ALREADY feels rushed and/or contrived pretty often.

I hope Season 8 is the last one, otherwise the ending of season 7 will probably turn out to be nothing more than an easy way to wipe the slate clean. Deb's character is on the line here, I think it would be out of character for her to side with Dexter for several seasons.

Edited by Vultures, Jan 12, 2013 @ 11:14 PM.

am1994

am1994

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2013 @ 10:33 PM

EXCITING NEWS: Dexter will return for an eighth season on Sunday, June 30th at 9PM ET/PT

Well, since this means that the show will start at the same time as True Blood on HBO, Dexter will lose me as a viewer for the first showing.

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2013 @ 10:52 PM

Great, now you can tell the storyline development is even more rushed than ever before!

Irlandesa

Irlandesa

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 3:11 PM

Wonder why they're totally redoing the schedule for its last season?

To launch their new show "Ray Donovan." Homeland will be used to launch "Masters of Sex" in the fall.