Smallville Dictionary: Chlois, Clex and beyond

• Please log in to reply

288 replies to this topic

leothelion

leothelion

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2007 @ 4:17 PM

Personally, I's like to see a minor adjustment made to the definition for UCC,...as a member of SV fandom and a supporter of Chlois, I think we support a theory based upon sound reasoning and a variety of evidences that allow for the possibility of this development. We're not a bunch of "fanatics" as the current definition stipulates. On behalf of the Chlois nation, I'd like to see that "term" removed from the current definition immediately. It's a bit offensive. We're no more or less fanatical than any other portion of the SV fandom.

Edited by leothelion, Sep 2, 2007 @ 4:18 PM.

RepairmanBob

RepairmanBob

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2007 @ 4:45 PM

Personally, I's like to see a minor adjustment made to the definition for UCC,...as a member of SV fandom and a supporter of Chlois, I think we support a theory based upon sound reasoning and a variety of evidences that allow for the possibility of this development. We're not a bunch of "fanatics" as the current definition stipulates. On behalf of the Chlois nation, I'd like to see that "term" removed from the current definition immediately. It's a bit offensive. We're no more or less fanatical than any other portion of the SV fandom.

The term UCC was created by a non-Chlois fan to descrive fans of the theory as fanatics. It has since been embraced over by fans of the Chlois theory.

I do not think the existing definition is intended to call Chlois supporters fanatics, which was its original intent.

De-lurking to say maybe you could just have a brief sentence or two explaining how the forming of ship names works, and then each ship wouldn't need its own definition. Some mashups like Lion-El or Peepex would probably still benefit from their own definitions, but the myriad Chlark/Chlex/Clois/Clex names could be explained by something like "The beginning of Character A's name + the end of Character B's name = the ship name. Chl denotes Chloe, Cl denotes Clark, etc." since those are names that are familiar to everyone who watches the show, not just people who frequent these forums.

I would rather keep the joined titles - the naming dynamics are not always consistent (C = Clark and goes first in any pairing, unless paired Chloe in which case...). I prefer CTUN's idea of eliminating posts and putting the dictionary on the first few posts of the Dictionary thread.

I agree that, if room is really needed, the initials of the actors could go.

Edited by RepairmanBob, Sep 2, 2007 @ 4:50 PM.

Liv06

Liv06

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2007 @ 6:02 PM

Perhaps we could adjust this definition to say the following instead:

UCC: the Unholy Cult of Chlois, a name coined for the fans who support the Chlois theory, originally used derisively but taken over with pride

I don't think fanatic is negative, though, by the way.

IMO, yes it is, especially the way this particular fandom throws the word around. I was curious about the exact def. and checked out a couple of online dictionaries which all described a "fanatic" as someone who has uncritical/unreasoning devotion to a cause.

Edited by Liv06, Sep 3, 2007 @ 11:57 AM.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 2, 2007 @ 6:18 PM

Smallville Dictionary
An alphabetical guide to all of the weird language you'll find about TWoP's Smallville forum.

AlMiles: Al Gough and Miles Millar, exec. producers of Smallville
AM: Allison Mack (plays Chloe)
Anvil: foreshadowing of the future Superman mythology. Often used ironically (Lois hates reporting, Clark is afraid of heights).
AoT: Annette O'Toole (plays Martha Kent)
Barndoor: mode of sudden Lightswitch (origin: Lois suddenly became interested in journalism when she was hit by a barn door)
Big Dumb Alien (or BDA): Clark
Bo: Jonathan Kent because actor John Schneider use to play Bo Duke on long-running show "The Dukes of Hazzard."
Castville: fanfic where the Smallville cast writes the episodes, due to AlMiles firing the writers.
Caves of Contrivance: For a while they were going to the caves every single time for every single plot-point and everything seemed to revolve around, "What do I do now?... oh, I know! I'll go to the caves!" So Omar coined the term.
Chamber of Clark Kent (or CoCK): Lex's infamous Clark-room, seen in Season 3's "Covenant"
Chimmy: Chloe and Jimmy ship
Chlark: Chloe and Clark ship
Chlex: Chloe and Lex ship
Chloevage: Chloe's cleavage
Chlois: theory that there is going to be a surprise twist ending revealing that Chloe is Lois Lane, the future famous Daily Planet writer
Chloogle: when Chloe conveniently figures out the mysteries by doing computer research at her desk; pejorative term associated with lazy writing
Chlue: See Chloogle
Clana: Clark and Lana ship
Clex: Clark and Lex ship
Clexana: love triangle of Clark, Lex and Lana
Clois: Clark and Lois ship
CRClark: Clark/Superman played by Christopher Reeve
DCClark: Clark played by Dean Cain
'Dillo: Coined by longtime poster Cyb, who defines it as: " ... started when during an online chat a bunch of friends and I were watching the season 1 finale. During the opening scene, the camera takes this long loving pan up Lex's body, and the wind from the helicopter is blowing his pants tight against his legs. Among other things. The sighting of a large hump caused me to exclaim, 'It looks like he stuffed an armadillo in his pants,' or something along those lines. It just kind of took on a life of its own... so to speak."
DP: Daily Planet
ED: Erica Durance (plays Lois)
EDLois: Lois played by Erica Durance
EJ: Eric Johnson, who played Whitney Fordman in season 1.
Fanwank: A story made up by a fan or fans to explain or fix something that was wrong/lacked continuity/etc. in the series.
FOS: Fortress of Solitude.
FoTW: Freak of The Week, the format used in earlier seasons of the show, in which there was a person with meteor-rock capabilities in every episode
GayLE (or GAYLE): the Gayest Look of the Episode
Goughlar: Al Gough and Miles Millar, exec. producers of Smallville (usually negative)
GreenK: green kryptonite, makes Clark physically sick
GSoK: the Gay Stones of Knowledge that were a part of Season 4; sometimes SoK
ILL: Iconic Lois Lane
JA: Jensen Ackles, played Jason Teague in season 4.
JG: John Glover (plays Lionel Luthor)
JL: Justice League: Green Arrow, Impulse, Cyborg and Aquaman
JS: John Schneider (plays Jonathan Kent)
KK: Kristin Kreuk (plays Lana)
Knob of Sexitude (or KoS): that little bump on the back of Michael Rosenbaum's head that all fangirls want to lick
Lana-fu: Lana's sudden and incredible mastery of the martial arts
Lexana: Lex and Lana ship
Lion-El: used to indicate a Lionel possessed by, or influenced by, Jor-El
Lightswitch: Term used to describe sudden, unexplained skill development, character change or behaviors. From an episode: "The road to darkness is a journey, not a lightswitch." (Example: Lana getting a scholarship to art school in France at the end of season three, despite never doing art work prior to that)
Ln'C, L&C: The '90s TV show, "The Adventures of Lois & Clark"
Lollie: Lois and Oliver ship
Magnificent Bastard (or MB): Lionel Luthor
Mary Sue: (or Sue) A pejorative term used to describe a fictional character, either male or female (though male characters are often dubbed "Larry Stu" or some other rhyming male name), that exhibits some or most of the clichés common in fan fiction, making the character itself something of a cliché. (Definition from Wikipedia)
Mind-whammie:
Mionel: Martha and Lionel ship
MM: Martian Manhunter
MR: Michael Rosenbaum (plays Lex)
Mulana: Season 4 storyline in which Lana got super powers in China because of an ancient witch's curse
Nois: Chloe's cousin, Lois Lane, played by Erica Durance; pejorative term to indicate that poster feels that the character doesn't live up to the name, is "not Lois"/no Lois Lane
Offscreenville: Magical place where Lex and Chloe became enemies, Lex turned evil, Bizarlo became a reporter, Lana stopped loving Lex ... where a far better show is airing
Ollie: Oliver Queen aka The Green Arrow
OOC: Out of Character (example: Clark on RedK)
Pancakes (or pancake parents): Lana's parents, who were squished flat by the meteors in the pilot. [sarcasm]Lana doesn't talk about it much, so some people might not know, so you typically would use spoiler tags to impart this piece of information. Since it is such a deep secret unknown by many.[/sarcasm]
Peep: Lana
Peepex: Lex and Lana ship; used negatively
Pie: Long ago, Cyb commented that too many fic writers were writing Lex like a 13-year-old girl. She then wrote a fictional diary of Lex as if he were a 13-year-old girl. Another fan, no longer involved in the fandom, decided to do a reciprocal one for Clark, in which he acts like a 13-year-old boy. This had a memorable entry in which Bo was trying to talk to Clark about the danger of using his powers and hurting people, but Clark was more interested in the fact that there was pie for dessert. "Yay, pie!" became a catchphrase and the idea that Clark is obsessed with pie became fanon.
Pink, The: Lana
Pod!Chloe: A boring passive version of Chloe. Possible causes include dating Jimmy Olsen, or the show shifting focus to Lois Lane
The Pretty: Tom Welling
RedK: red kryptonite, makes Clark rebellious, horny and fashion-conscious
Retcon: Retroactive continuity. When the writers make up new backstory that supports whatever new plot development has caught their fancy. This may be at odds with the existing timeline, facts, or simple common sense.

SDK: Steven De Knight, one of the writers for the show
The Sexy: Lex or Michael Rosenbaum interchangeably
SilverK: silver kryptonite, makes Clark go Captain Paranoid on everyone
SJIII or SJ3: Sam Jones III, played Pete Ross in seasons 1-3
SoK: the (Gay) Stones of Knowledge that were a part of Season 4; sometimes GSoK
Squirrel, The: Lana
StAS: Superman the Animated Series, the Timmverse cartoon of Superman
Stompy: a horse, who became a fan favorite after dancing on Lana in "Shattered" and sending her to a hospital; full name: Stompy the Meteor Horse
SuperBrat: Kara, Clark's cousin from Krypton
SV: Smallville
Tears of Suck (or ToS): Chloe's meteor power (also Green Tears of Suck, or GToS)
THLois: Lois played by Teri Hatcher
The Horrible Red Jacket (or THRJ): that damned jacket Clark seems to love wearing All. The. Time.
TW: Tom Welling (plays Clark)
TWClark: Clark played by Tom Welling
UCC: the Unholy Cult of Chlois, a name coined for the fanatics who support the Chlois theory, originally used derisively but taken over with pride
___+ville (e.g. GreenArrowville): used when someone other than Clark and Lex is getting too much attention on the show
VoTW: Villain of the week
Woobie: (named for a child's security blanket) That character you want to wrap in a blanket and feed soup to when he suffers so very beautifully. Woobification of a character is a curious, audience-driven phenomenon, divorced almost entirely from the character's canonical morality, as witnessed by the woobification of Lex Luthor. (Definition from TV Trope Wiki)
WoW: Wall of Weird
Zoner: Short for escaped criminals from the Phantom Zone, as coined by Chloe in "Reunion."

Edited by TWoP Mars, Sep 2, 2007 @ 6:18 PM.

Miss Dee

Miss Dee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 3, 2007 @ 3:17 PM

If you're worried about the length of the dictionary, may I make a suggestion? Use the "sticky" post at the top of each page to direct newbies to the links for each subsequent page of the dictionary.

As an illustration, say that we now have enough terms to warrant using two posts for them. The sticky post at the top could read like this:

Smallville Dictionary
An alphabetical guide to all of the weird language you'll find about TWoP's Smallville forum.

For terms A-L, go here.
For terms M-Z, go here.

["Here" obviously referring to the link of the post with those terms.]

The sticky post can then be revised each time enough new terms are coined/remembered to require adding another post.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 3, 2007 @ 8:27 PM

VOLUME 1: A to G

AA: Aaron Ashmore, who plays Jimmy "James" Olsen
AlMiles: Al Gough and Miles Millar, exec. producers of Smallville
AM: Allison Mack (plays Chloe)
Anvil: foreshadowing of the future Superman mythology. Often used ironically (Lois hates reporting, Clark is afraid of heights).
AoT: Annette O'Toole (plays Martha Kent)
BALLS: The "Back Alcove of Lex Luthor Surveillance." It's Lana's secret spying room. See also, "ROLL"
Barndoor: mode of sudden Lightswitch (origin: Lois suddenly became interested in journalism when she was hit by a barn door)
Big Dumb Alien (or BDA): Clark
Bizana: Bizarro + Lana
BlueK: Strips Clark of his powers
Bo: Jonathan Kent because actor John Schneider use to play Bo Duke on long-running show "The Dukes of Hazzard."
Boobstein: Lois. A play on journalist Carl Bernstein's name. Coined by poster Dread. See also: Woodhard
Castville: fanfic where the Smallville cast writes the episodes, due to AlMiles firing the writers.
Caves of Contrivance: For a while they were going to the caves every single time for every single plot-point and everything seemed to revolve around, "What do I do now?... oh, I know! I'll go to the caves!" So Omar coined the term.
Chamber of Clark Kent (or CoCK): Lex's infamous Clark-room, seen in Season 3's "Covenant"
Chimmy: Chloe and Jimmy (relation)ship
Chlark: Chloe and Clark ship
Chlex: Chloe and Lex ship
Chloevage: Chloe's cleavage
Chlois: theory that there is going to be a surprise twist ending revealing that Chloe is Lois Lane, the future famous Daily Planet writer
Chloogle: when Chloe conveniently figures out the mysteries by doing computer research at her desk; pejorative term associated with lazy writing
Chlue: See Chloogle
Clana: Clark and Lana ship
Clex: Clark and Lex ship
Clexana: love triangle of Clark, Lex and Lana
Clois: Clark and Lois ship
CRClark: Clark/Superman played by Christopher Reeve
DCClark: Clark played by Dean Cain
'Dillo: Coined by longtime poster Cyb, who defines it as: " ... started when during an online chat a bunch of friends and I were watching the season 1 finale. During the opening scene, the camera takes this long loving pan up Lex's body, and the wind from the helicopter is blowing his pants tight against his legs. Among other things. The sighting of a large hump caused me to exclaim, 'It looks like he stuffed an armadillo in his pants,' or something along those lines. It just kind of took on a life of its own... so to speak."
DOMOS: Dirty Old Men of Smallville. Also known as TPTB.
DP: Daily Planet
ED: Erica Durance (plays Lois)
EDLois: Lois played by Erica Durance
Egypt: Used when referring to one's self as being in willing denial over crappy plots. "'Denial' (the Nile) ain't just a river in Egypt."
EJ: Eric Johnson, who played Whitney Fordman in season 1.
Fanwank: A story made up by a fan or fans to explain or fix something that was wrong/lacked continuity/etc. in the series.
FOS: Fortress of Solitude.
FoTW: Freak of The Week, the format used in earlier seasons of the show, in which there was a person with meteor-rock capabilities in every episode
GayLE (or GAYLE): the Gayest Look of the Episode
General, The: Lois Lane's father, mentioned about as often as Lana's parents in the early seasons. Sometimes spoiler-tagged as a joke.
Goughlar: Al Gough and Miles Millar, exec. producers of Smallville (usually negative)
GreenK: green kryptonite, makes Clark physically sick
Grois: Grant and Lois 'ship.
GroisGate: The controversy (both on the boards and in the show) surrounding Lois and Grant's interoffice relationship.
Grulian: Refers to Lex's cloned brother Julian, who went by the name of Grant Gabriel, lover of steak.
GSoK: the Gay Stones of Knowledge that were a part of Season 4; sometimes SoK

VOLUME 1: A B C D E F G
VOLUME 2: H I J K L M N O P
VOLUME 3: Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Edited by TWoP Tennison, Oct 7, 2008 @ 7:24 AM.

CantThinkUpName

CantThinkUpName

Stalker

Posted Sep 3, 2007 @ 10:22 PM

Mindwhammy- an episode revolving around a character (or characters) drastically changing their personality for some wacky reason. Hilarity ensues. By end of episode, character reverts back to normal with no memory of what happened or any lesson learned.

Bkwurm

Bkwurm

Fanatic

Posted Sep 3, 2007 @ 11:00 PM

I's like to see a minor adjustment made to the definition for UCC,...as a member of SV fandom and a supporter of Chlois, I think we support a theory based upon sound reasoning and a variety of evidences that allow for the possibility of this development. We're not a bunch of "fanatics" as the current definition stipulates. On behalf of the Chlois nation, I'd like to see that "term" removed from the current definition immediately. It's a bit offensive.

As the source for the term, I wanted to provide the definition I was thinking of when I said fanatics.

fanatic

adjective
1. marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.

You are right, some do take offense at the term fanatic, but none was ever intended. After all, I consider myself a card carrying member of the UCC.

Edited by Bkwurm, Sep 3, 2007 @ 11:04 PM.

jwm

jwm

Fanatic

Posted Sep 4, 2007 @ 9:06 AM

If post size is becoming a problem maybe the terms shouldn't be in a "post" at all. Why not create a non-forum page within TWoP similar the main FAQs that you could link to from here?

squeesh

squeesh

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 7:13 PM

Was just wondering if someone could give a definition for DOMOS? I think I've got it figured out.. but not entirely sure.

Edited by squeesh, Sep 12, 2007 @ 7:15 PM.

nkansas

nkansas

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 7:23 PM

I wonder if maybe we couldn't remove "nois" from the list since it's such a negative term? Or, if it's kept also add nclark and nlex since I think it can be argued that each of them is as about as far removed from the iconic character as is Lois.

Edited by nkansas, Sep 12, 2007 @ 7:32 PM.

EllyF

EllyF

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 7:31 PM

I wonder if maybe we couldn't remove "nois" from the list since it's such a negative term? Or, if it's kept also add nclark and nlex since I think it can be argued that each is as far removed from the iconic character as is Lois.

This is a list designed to help newbies, so if a term is used all over the boards, it makes sense to have it in the dictionary, IMHO. Lots of people use the term "Nois." I've rarely, if ever, seen anyone use the terms "nclark" and "nlex," so there would seem to me to be no need to define them. And "Nois" is already correctly noted as a pejorative term in the dictionary.

nzs

nzs

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 7:39 PM

Was just wondering if someone could give a definition for DOMOS? I think I've got it figured out.. but not entirely sure.

DOMOS = Dirty Old Men Of Smallville

Edited by nzs, Sep 12, 2007 @ 7:44 PM.

Bkwurm

Bkwurm

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2007 @ 9:54 PM

Thanks Squeesh for asking and Nzs for answering; I never knew that.

Edited by Bkwurm, Sep 12, 2007 @ 9:54 PM.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 12:08 AM

I'll add DOMOS on my next round of adds (probably this weekend).

And EllyF is right about why Nois is here and not the others. Nois is a commonly used term on these boards. There's lots of stuff here, and it's not always flattering. But this is Television Without Pity.

PolarB

PolarB

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 9:06 AM

I still think AA for Aaron Ashmore and LV for Laura Vandervoort should be added. Their characters are referenced in other terms and given that the new season is starting soon, they'll likely be talked about themselves more often than they are now.

EllyF

EllyF

Stalker

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 9:09 AM

Like "Mary Sue," this is a general fandom term, not a SV-specific one, but I wonder if we could define "shippers." It took me a while to grasp just what the heck it meant when I started becoming active in the fandom. Then again, I'm slow:-).

And in the very minor concern department, I believe "mind whammy" is correctly spelled with a Y, not an ie. Yes, I am anal...

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 2:34 PM

In my next edit this weekend, I'm going to link to the page in the FAQ that contains general descriptors and then we won't need any of those in our list.

CreedogV

CreedogV

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 3:43 PM

Could someone define Model 503?

Black Panda

Black Panda

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2007 @ 10:11 PM

Could someone define Model 503?

Bizarro was the first episode this came up. There are Spoilers that hint what it may be about, but for now the audience does not know.

The spoilers that may be relevant are: 503 may refer to a missing Lana clone. We have been told by an semi-reliable source that cloning is somehow involved in Lana's survival. People speculate that a clone of Lana might have been planted in the car so that when it blew up the police could find a body. If Lex realizes a Lana clone is missing, he may figure out she is still alive, and tried to frame him.

Independent

Independent

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 22, 2007 @ 10:20 AM

What's the "going to Egypt" reference? Is it the scene from the costume party where MR (Caesar) and KK (Cleopatra), um, get together?

mobiusklein

mobiusklein

Stalker

Posted Oct 22, 2007 @ 10:24 AM

If you mean references to pyramids and lounging by the Nile, it's a joke because "the Nile" sounds like "denial" and therefore when you hear something unpleasant like a hypothetical Clana wedding, one says "I'm sure that Lex/Chloe/Lois/Jesus/Jor-El will disrupt it and in the meantime, I'm drinking a mint julep on the banks of de Nile."

PolarB

PolarB

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2007 @ 10:25 AM

What's the "going to Egypt" reference?

If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, it's actually not SV specific. It just means someone would prefer to live in the land of denial (the Nile) as opposed to wanting to accept the facts as provided. Because hey, in the case of SV, the facts as provided often times suck.

Independent

Independent

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 22, 2007 @ 6:29 PM

Denial. I get it. Thanks, mobiusklein and PolarB.

leia naberrie

leia naberrie

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 1, 2007 @ 1:54 AM

I think Chloe Sue-liivan or just Chloe Sue should be on that list.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 1, 2007 @ 3:05 AM

leia, I understand your feelings that it's unfair there are so many negative Lana items on the list. But the list is just things that are commonly used on the board -- enough that people might get confused or ask questions. If Chloe Sue or Chloe Sue-llivan becomes used to that extent, I promise to add it.

Right now, I'm not adding anything anyway -- until there are at least a handful of things to add -- because the list is so big now that it's larger than the posting size limit, so I have to work some magic to get it that big.

Avalyssa

Avalyssa

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 1, 2007 @ 5:06 PM

How about TPTB = The Powers That Be (i.e. Network Executives, Exec Producers, etc. that can exert their influence on the direction of the show)

I've seen this alot and didn't know what this meant until someone explained it in their post.

Kahhhn

Kahhhn

Fanatic

Posted Nov 1, 2007 @ 6:14 PM

It's already there.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 2, 2007 @ 2:02 AM

VOLUME 2: H to P

Hal/Hal 2.0: Refers to the Jor-El artificial intelligence, after the computer in 2001: A Space Odyssey.
ICONIC!: Sarcastic declaration referring to sudden or unexplained developments in some of the show's "Superman" aspects. Origin: PS3 used the word "iconic" in some of their pre-season 8 interviews.
ILL: Iconic Lois Lane
JA: Jensen Ackles, played Jason Teague in season 4.
JG: John Glover (plays Lionel Luthor)
JL: Justice League: Green Arrow, Impulse, Cyborg, Aquaman, and Black Canary
JS: John Schneider (plays Jonathan Kent)
Karex: Kara and Lex 'ship.
KK: Kristin Kreuk (plays Lana)
Knob of Sexitude (or KoS): that little bump on the back of Michael Rosenbaum's head that all fangirls want to lick
Lana-fu: Lana's sudden and incredible mastery of the martial arts
Lexana: Lex and Lana ship
Lion-El: used to indicate a Lionel possessed by, or influenced by, Jor-El
Lightswitch: Term used to describe sudden, unexplained skill development, character change or behaviors. From an episode: "The road to darkness is a journey, not a lightswitch." (Example: Lana getting a scholarship to art school in France at the end of season three, despite never doing art work prior to that)
Ln'C, L&C: The '90s TV show, "The Adventures of Lois & Clark"
Lollie: Lois and Oliver ship
Lollipop: Omar G.'s name for Lana and Lex's unborn "child" in the Rage recap.
LV: Laura Vandervoort, who plays Kara.
Magnificent Bastard (or MB): Lionel Luthor
Mary Sue: (or Sue) A pejorative term used to describe a fictional character, either male or female (though male characters are often dubbed "Larry Stu" or some other rhyming male name), that exhibits some or most of the clichés common in fan fiction, making the character itself something of a cliché. (Definition from Wikipedia)
Mind-whammy: When magic, Kryptonite, or other tricks are used to change a character's personality for an episode. Also "whammy."
Mionel: Martha and Lionel ship
MM: Martian Manhunter
MR: Michael Rosenbaum (plays Lex)
Mulana: Season 4 storyline in which Lana got super powers in China because of an ancient witch's curse
Nois: Chloe's cousin, Lois Lane, played by Erica Durance; pejorative term to indicate that poster feels that the character doesn't live up to the name, is "not Lois"/no Lois Lane
Offscreenville: Magical place where Lex and Chloe became enemies, Lex turned evil, Bizarlo became a reporter, Lana stopped loving Lex ... where a far better show is airing
Ollie: Oliver Queen aka The Green Arrow
OOC: Out of Character (example: Clark on RedK)
Pancakes (or pancake parents): Lana's parents, who were squished flat by the meteors in the pilot. [sarcasm]Lana doesn't talk about it much, so some people might not know, so you typically would use spoiler tags to impart this piece of information. Since it is such a deep secret unknown by many.[/sarcasm]
Peep, The: Lana. After the gooey pink Easter candy of the same name.
Peepex: Lex and Lana ship; used negatively
Pie: Long ago, Cyb commented that too many fic writers were writing Lex like a 13-year-old girl. She then wrote a fictional diary of Lex as if he were a 13-year-old girl. Another fan, no longer involved in the fandom, decided to do a reciprocal one for Clark, in which he acts like a 13-year-old boy. This had a memorable entry in which Bo was trying to talk to Clark about the danger of using his powers and hurting people, but Clark was more interested in the fact that there was pie for dessert. "Yay, pie!" became a catchphrase and the idea that Clark is obsessed with pie became fanon.
Pink, The: Lana. Inspired by her past passion for the pink palette.
Pink Script: A copy of the script for "Phantom" that was printed reportedly found in an airport trash bin and leaked on the internet before airing. "Pink" refers to the paper color.
Pod!Chloe: A boring passive version of Chloe. Possible causes include dating Jimmy Olsen, or the show shifting focus to Lois Lane
Pretty, The: Tom Welling
PS3 or PSSS: The new show running team of Peterson, Souders, Slavkin, and Swimmer.

VOLUME 1: A B C D E F G
VOLUME 2: H I J K L M N O P
VOLUME 3: Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Edited by TWoP Tennison, Oct 7, 2008 @ 7:23 AM.

leia naberrie

leia naberrie

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 8, 2007 @ 3:01 AM

TWoP Mars, well I'll definitely try to use it more often. Maybe it will catch on. ;)