S2 - Travis Wall: Before There Was Danny...

• Please log in to reply

128 replies to this topic

geeweeze

geeweeze

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 23, 2013 @ 2:21 PM

I am not the biggest Travis fan at all, but I quite enjoyed that interview and what he had to say. Interesting to know he only trusted himself with some of those lifts he'd been holding onto for awhile - lol, quite rightly! And I liked that he recognizes his talents as a partner, b/c I think that is what most struck and impressed me about his piece this week (his seamless partnering skills). I disagree that the girls have been bringing in the hardest the past few seasons, but I think I expected Travis to say as much. That he had insecurities about performing this week was rather endearing, actually. 2006 was 7 yrs ago wasn't it.? le sigh.....

EmbraceTheDark

EmbraceTheDark

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 25, 2013 @ 12:44 AM

Granted I never ever  ever warmed up to Travis in his original season and something about his personality/attitude still bugs, but it's completely irksome how overpraised his choregraphy is on this show - the constant tonguebaths are beyond annoying. I'm still salty over the praise for Melanie/Marko "turn to stone" routine - I really freaking HATED that shit.

He's clearly produced some excellent work (my personal fave is the Neil/Kent "betrayal" piece), but his routines are beginning to blur into one another for me - the same overwrought, angsty, borderline pretentious fare. I don't quite see the genius. I've seen people compare him to Mia, but I think her overall body of work is much more thoughtful, nuanced, and interesting. He's clearly talented but I'd like to see him grow/mature and try something different.

Anyway, I hope the mentions of his brother Danny this season means he'll be back as an all-star one day...but that's for another thread (a girl can dream!).

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2013 @ 6:36 PM

Dance Plug interview > Travis talks about Jasmine/Fik-Shun routine

He says that this week (of all weeks) they had the least amount of time to prepare. He also talks about what inspired this piece. 

geeweeze

geeweeze

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 1:44 PM

Synergistic Videos interview w/Travis: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NJasesy6h8o

He is happy Amy won, unsurprisingly. Thinks America got the final vote right.

Edited by geeweeze, Sep 13, 2013 @ 1:45 PM.

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 2:09 PM

Of course he does. I'm just glad he waited until after his favorite won this time, to gloat and promote. That is why I have avoided all of his interviews after the show and refuse to watch them.

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 8:22 PM

LOL. I found myself more interested in watching Chris (the interviewer for Pacific Rim Video Press) while Travis was talking.  He was standing right by Travis waiting for an interview (maybe waiting for Travis as his next one?) and trying really hard not to react to what Travis was saying. The first few seconds were the best when he looks over at Travis talking and then realizes he might be on camera and starts being busy "looking around".

Edited by anothermi, Sep 14, 2013 @ 5:14 PM.

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:10 PM

I looked at that interview, but muted Travis just to see what you were talking about anothermi! Chris gave a look to Travis at one point that made me laugh, but I have no idea what Travis was babbling about because I muted him. I really like Chris and you could tell he liked all of the top 4, but seemed to have a real kinship with Team Tall. Just looking at Travis face made me irrationally annoyed and I couldn't even hear him. That's the same way I feel about Tyce's cockiness and the smirks he gives. Ugh.

Cynthia187

Cynthia187

Stalker

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 1:42 PM

Travis is transparent, overrated and full of himself. I've never liked him. There is something about him that just bugs. Maybe it's his smug, entitled demeanor when he's overpraised for the same damn choreography. Compare him to Benji, I can now understand why Benji won his season.

reinoe

reinoe

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 9:32 PM

Travis and Stacy have convinced me I'm done with their contemporary.  I just can't stand their predictably overwrought choreography.  But the nail in the coffin was the "twitter vote" stupidity.  I'm tired of him more than Stacy though.  Travis is just so overpraised that I can't stand it.