Spoiler Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

131 replies to this topic

Joe R

Joe R

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 10:25 PM

Abumchuck does WHAT??

booberella

booberella

Fanatic

• Interests:Comic Strip Chicanery

Posted Aug 10, 2007 @ 2:14 PM

I'm guessing since a lot of people are saying they watch this show on DVD, you probably all don't have access to Showtime's "Preview of Weeds 3" that's on their On Demand section. I normally don't go in for spoilers, but I stupidly watched this featurette the other day and found out a couple things. (Basically this was like a really long "next week, on Weeds," promo, so these are just the points that really ruined some of the cliffhanger stuff for me in a major way.)

1. Andy apparently is put in the Army despite having only eight toes. Or at least, he appears to be in some sort of Army training camp.

2. Somehow Nancy gets out of the Mexican standoff alive, but owing U-Turn the weed. She's being chauffered around by U-Turn's minion, while U-Turn holds Conrad at the grow house.

3. Despite Silas getting arrested, Celia takes the car with the weed in it, so it doesn't get impounded and Silas doesn't get caught for possession.

4. Celia dumps all the milfweed into Nancy's pool. Which severely screws up Nancy's deal with U-Turn.

5. Heylia and Nancy get in to a fistfight.

6. Isabelle calls Child and Family Services on Celia.

7. Dean tells Doug's wife Dana about the affair Doug had with Celia. Doug tries to reconcile with Celia.

8. Someone from the DEA comes around asking Nancy about Peter's disappearance.

Curiously there was nothing much about Matthew Modine's developer character in this preview. Which might mean all the stuff listed above is just the first few episodes of the series, and he hasn't figured in to it in a major way yet.

ETA: Pff! I just went through the old Weeds thread, and some people have already seen the first few episodes. See, I told you I'm a noob to this spoiler stuff. I suck!

Edited by booberella, Aug 10, 2007 @ 2:29 PM.

joeblow

joeblow

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 10, 2007 @ 2:59 PM

I thought I watched a season 3 preview on the Showtime website, but perhaps I'm wrong; it seems like they've jumbled their site around and made it harder to navigate. Could be me, though. The first 4 eps of season 3 were sent to media far and wide for review and leaked elsewhere. I admit I was tempted and caught those first 4 eps, which means I'll have to sit and wait patiently for the broadcast schedule to catch up. Grr...

Curiously there was nothing much about Matthew Modine's developer character in this preview. Which might mean all the stuff listed above is just the first few episodes of the series, and he hasn't figured in to it in a major way yet.

You nailed everything with your list, most of which is in eps 1 & 2. Episodes 1 & 2 are pretty much a three-parter with the season 2 cliffhanger, episode 3 slows down a bit and deals with the fallout, and then episode 4 gets into Matthew Modine's (sleazy, so sleazy) character.

So far, the Army plot is beyond stupid and ridiculously out of place. I hope something more comes of it with the rest of the season or else it's been a total waste and a horrible setup for a one-scene grossout bit. (I refuse to call it a joke.)

Isn't one of the Olsen twins set to be in this as well? No sign of either one yet.

To my everlasting consternation, Silas seems to be working his way in as a more integral character.

booberella

booberella

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2007 @ 3:07 PM

Isn't one of the Olsen twins set to be in this as well? No sign of either one yet.

That was like the last sentence of the promo: "Oh, and Matthew Modine and Mary Kate Olsen!" with brief glimpses of them. Since Modine figured pretty heavily into the promotional campaign on Showtime for the past month or so, I was surprised he was barely mentioned in this season three preview thing.

joeblow

joeblow

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 10, 2007 @ 6:33 PM

Thanks for clarifying. I just figured out the season 3 preview I watched wasn't off of Showtime's site, it was on the Showtime channel on YouTube. I think it's a little different than the one you mentioned.

Weeds: An Inside Look at Season 3

booberella

booberella

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2007 @ 6:49 PM

Yeah, that's a totally different one than I was talking about. That one has interviews. Thanks for the link, though. (I dunno if you could get in trouble for posting that or not, I'm still unclear about the YouTube rules.)

glitter5579

glitter5579

Stalker

Posted Aug 11, 2007 @ 9:35 AM

I just saw the first three episodes of the season and was amused but not overly impressed. The first episode opens with a family of four traveling through the mother's old neighborhood. There's a little girl about to pee her pants so as soon as they pull over to the mother's old house the girl rushes in and freezes in the kitchen a goes on the floor. Reveal of Nancy, Conrad and all the men trying to kill them with their guns behind their backs. The family rushes off and Nancy continues to try to contact Silas who gets arrested in order to avoid his car being searched. Celia can no longer ride in the cop car since Silas must be booked so the cop hands Silas's keys over to her. When Nancy finally gets a hold of Silas's phone it is Celia who answers. This puts Nancy on a hunt for Silas's car with one of U-turn's body guards and an Armenian. U-turn later buys the Armenian's cut and it's just Nancy and Marvin who finally locate the pot sprinkled all over her pool with Celia drunkenly and proudly sitting by.

Shane is abandoned by Kat some where at a rest stop where she leaves him with a bag of quarters and the keys to the van. Shane goes out back and practices driving for a while before heading out on the road. Andy has put an Amber Alert out for him and is on the trail. After being ditched by the bounty hunter he was riding with he stumbles across the van that Kat and Shane had taken off in.

Doug and Dean find drugs in a medicine cabinet, put on face masks, and measure to see whose penis is bigger, both flaccid and hard. They conclude that they have used too many drugs.

In the second episode Nancy tries to find ways to dry the pot without ruining it but nothing works. She then goes to Heylia to save Conrad.

Andy gets a call from the police saying that they found Shane, however news reports are now broadcasting the Amber alert and Andy is driving the van that Shane was abducted in. He gets beaten up at a gas station.

U-turn finds Sanjay in the closet and is about to kill him when Sanjay says that he thinks he may be gay. U-turn calls someone in to bring sandwiches and fuck the gay out of Sanjay.

Heylia and Nancy return with the money but U-turn isn't having it. Instead Conrad will work off his debt by becoming U-turn's farmer and Nancy owes him $150,000. Nancy goes to pick up Silas at the police station and is asked if she would like her other son too. She looks to see Shane in the holding room with Silas just as Andy appears. The police ask of a domestic disturbance and Nancy says, "yes, he hit me, arrest him." Nancy returns home where she strips off her clothes and jumps into her weed filled pool to scream.

In the third episode the family tries to come up with ways to raise money. Andy is called back to serve in Iraq and is offered a desk job but instead is given a gay buddy and full out training. Silas is sentenced to 6 months community service and Nancy has to do a "brick dance" to pick up a package for U-turn. However, she is given the wrong package and her debt only grows.

The funniest part is Celia and Dean's custody battle. Carrie Fisher plays Celia's lawyer and explains to her that she has to leave Dean out to die and then give him life so that he owed her. She uses a fish out of her tank as an example. She also tells her that winning her daughter over is key because she could get her hands on the commercial money. Celia invites Isabelle over for a fun night. Isabelle calls protective services. At the custody hearing it is concluded that Celia is in fact the fish.

jennisaurusrex

jennisaurusrex

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2007 @ 10:36 PM

I've torn my way through the first four episodes (apparently ep. 5 has leaked, but so far no sign of it on my end) and am seriously addicted. Shit is all kinds of crazy up in there.

I'm curious to see what the deal is with Nancy and U-Turn's ongoing problem (Nancy working for him/still owing him $150g), though I feel like they're going to use that as a central plot device throughout S3.

joeblow

joeblow

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 12:28 PM

I'm thinking U-Turn will be around until the inevitable S3 cliffhanger since it seems like the device to get Nancy deeper into the "hard" drug culture. Now that she has a job and Conrad is (probably) no longer a partner I'm guessing the minor leagure pot dealing will go by the wayside, not that they really explored that anyway.

What I wasn't sure of is at the end of the 304 was she really being watched by the DEA/whoever when she freaked out and ran from campus? If she's being watched by the DEA while working for U-Turn, this is going to get real interesting.

Edited by joeblow, Aug 13, 2007 @ 12:28 PM.

Snowden

Snowden

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 1:41 PM

Conrad ditching Nancy at the end of episode two broke my fucking heart.

sdpaperboy

sdpaperboy

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 14, 2007 @ 12:08 AM

Is there somewhere online where I can see these episodes. Sadly, I live in California where mortgages are high and money is low so Showtime had to go.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Aug 14, 2007 @ 12:14 AM

This isn't really a spoiler, but the past seasons have been available on iTunes, so I'd bet these will be too (although the first episode isn't available there yet).

jennisaurusrex

jennisaurusrex

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2007 @ 7:43 AM

I don't think it was really made clear at the end of 3x04 whether or not the DEA is really on her. It would be an interesting plot choice and push the storyline in an interesting direction, but it could just be that they feel she's being shady about Peter's death and have no idea about the weed thing. The latter seems just as probable, especially since Peter wanted them to sell the weed and give him all the money-- something he obviously wouldn't want to incriminate himself for by telling other agents.

LoganTheHuge

LoganTheHuge

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2007 @ 3:09 PM

sdpaperboy, Yahoo TV is streaming the first full episode. Here ya go:

http://tv.yahoo.com/.../videos/3598661

kieyra

kieyra

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2007 @ 7:49 PM

Snowden, you don't need to use spoiler tags in the spoiler thread.

but it could just be that they feel she's being shady about Peter's death and have no idea about the weed thing.

Here's a question (having seen through ep 4, although somewhat disinterestedly)...does anyone (including Nancy...or even us, the viewers through ep 4) know *for sure* that Peter is dead?

I can't remember from the end of S2 how much Nancy knew of his apparent fate in that garage.

Edited by kieyra, Aug 14, 2007 @ 7:51 PM.

namaste7

namaste7

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 14, 2007 @ 8:53 PM

What if U Turn is also DEA? Or some sort of narc? Wouldn't that be crazy?!

joeblow

joeblow

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 14, 2007 @ 8:57 PM

At the end of S2 everyone with guns told Nancy that Peter was dead, plus his blood was all over the head Armenian guy.

We, the viewers, were also told by the show's creator that he's dead. TV Guide interview, via the media thread. He's gone but his wife shows up. It's a decent interview since it references what happens after ep 4.

Snowden

Snowden

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 14, 2007 @ 10:08 PM

It's funny, I know I didn't need to use spoiler tags, but it really affected me. I didn't know how much I was invested in Nancy and Conrad remaining friends. That's a big part of the show for me, knowing that whenever things went wrong, Nancy and Conrad would be in it together. I wasn't expecting them to have sex-- though the circumstances could align for a rocking sex episode between those two-- but I thought Conrad's crush and their dynamic was one of the sweet aspects that keeps me watching. I'll still watch because MLP is always watchable, and Elizabeth Perkins deserves an Emmy, but the Nancy/Conrad partnership was a lovely.

ZippyLives

ZippyLives

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 16, 2007 @ 3:49 AM

IMHO, the first four eps are incredibly disappointing. The producers and writers have conjured up the same great characters and compelling storylines, but they've left out the laughs almost entirely. You can go through an entire episode without breaking out into anything more than a snicker.

They are flat and they are uninspired, in stark contrast to the wonderful Season 2.

I'll check in on episode 5 but it seems like Jenji 'n' friends have lost their collective fastball.

chalkitdown

chalkitdown

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 16, 2007 @ 12:34 PM

I don't know about that. I laughed countless times during these first 4 episodes. Not that I think the show has to be funny in order to be entertaining. Some of my favourite episodes are one's that are short on laughs. Season 1, episode 8, for instance.

Januari

Januari

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2007 @ 4:04 AM

Kristin's spoiler chat included a question about Weeds:

Tiffany from Syracuse, New York: What's coming up for Celia's character on Weeds?
A big storyline involving Child Protection Services and a used condom—hopefully it's not as dirty as it sounds! Also, Celia comes to the Botwins' rescue during Silas' court appearance. And we'll see Nancy doing a hilarious "brick dance"! Just. You. Wait.

caribgrl

caribgrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 21, 2007 @ 10:02 AM

This idea is totally speculation, but in Season 2, wasn't Peter looking to go after U-Turn? He wanted Nancy to hand over Haylia so he could get to U-Turn. If the DEA is watching her, that could lead them to arrest U-Turn and thereby solve Nancy and Conrad's predicaments. This would also leave a whole ton of business for Nancy to snatch up, as long as Conrad's latest crop of Milfweed (that he would have been growing for U-Turn) was ready for harvest.

Whaddya think?

Naked Ambition

Naked Ambition

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 21, 2007 @ 10:05 AM

A big storyline involving Child Protection Services and a used condom—hopefully it's not as dirty as it sounds! Also, Celia comes to the Botwins' rescue during Silas' court appearance. And we'll see Nancy doing a hilarious "brick dance"! Just. You. Wait.

Wow. I've seen it all and it's not nearly as exciting, huge, and integral to the storyline as Kristin makes it all sound. She's such a phony. Chances are, if she knows something about an upcoming episode of any show everyone else already knows it too.

TeeVee329

TeeVee329

Stalker

Posted Aug 21, 2007 @ 2:26 PM

Last week in TV Guide, they described a delicious sounding scene where Celia comes into Nancy's kitchen and says, "How goes the drug dealing, slut?" and the two get in a vicious cat fight that ends with Nancy holding a piece of broken galss to Celia's throat. Muy caliente!

chalkitdown

chalkitdown

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 21, 2007 @ 4:23 PM

"How goes the drug dealing, slut?" and the two get in a vicious cat fight that ends with Nancy holding a piece of broken galss to Celia's throat. Muy caliente!

Oh my! Can't wait to see that.

I really wish I hadn't watched the 4 leaked episodes. The wait for episode 5 is excruciating.

PaganChick

PaganChick

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2007 @ 7:26 AM

So for those of you have seen the leaked episodes- what happens? I keep checking back in this thread thinking people would be talking about spoilers and haven't seen anything truly spoilery posted. What does Nancy say to the agent about Peter? Whats up with Matthew Modine? Is Celia planning any kind of comeback? What happens?

Anastasia169

Anastasia169

Couch Potato

• Interests:Reading, Knitting, Embroidery, Textile Arts, Medicine, History of Medicine, Fashion, History of Fashion, WWII, Ancient Rome, Science Fiction, Mysteries and Thrillers, Historical Fiction, YA Fiction, Gardening, Art, Law, Anthropology, Horticulture, Birding, Cats, Conversation and many more too numerous to list.

Posted Aug 29, 2007 @ 3:42 PM

I'm with Paganchick! Can someone please spoil us with details of Episode 4 for those of us who can't get the leaked episodes? Thanks in advance.

chalkitdown

chalkitdown

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 29, 2007 @ 6:01 PM

Ok, I'll try my best. I'm not the best writer in the world or anything, so bare with me.

It opens with Nancy having a very awkward conversation with Peter's friend. He says Peter hasn't been in to work in a few days and that even though he does disappear a lot, he always calls to let him know he's alright. He hasn't this time. She tells him that they broke up a few weeks ago and she doesn't know where he is. The next day he begins stalking her in his car, following her around town, though, it isn't made clear whether he actually is stalking her or if Nancy is being paranoid as we never see it from his perspective, just Nancy seeing the same car as his wherever she goes. She can't move U-turn's 'brick' because of this, so she arranges a meeting with the 'head of campus security guy' from way back in season 1 to try and get him sell it for her.

Meanwhile, Celia and the whole council(and Doug of course, sitting in the audience) are listening to a presentation by Matthew Modine. He wants to direct Majestic's(the neighbouring town) sewage mains through Agrestic. The rest of the council members are very impressed with him and have a secret meeting with Doug afterwards to discuss how much money they could make outta all this. Celia walks in on them and is upset that they're trying to extort him. She wants to do it by the book and try's to get rid of Doug but one of the council members resigns and opens up the floor for a replacement. They all nominate Doug, of course, who accepts and then immediatly rehires the guy who just quit and gives him another position, much to the dismay of Celia.

Back at the Botwin house, Shane is helping Nancy create a fake CV making just about every detail up. She gets a job interview with Matthew Modine(Celia recommended her) who immediatley realises that she lied in her application but gives her a job because he likes the smell of her hair. He's a bit of a pervert. Very funny, though.

Outside in the blistering heat, Silas is doing his community service with a bunch of hispanics(who are all longing for some Weed to get them through the job) when he runs into Pam who's there because she was caught drunk driving. She's drunk now, too and tries to hit on Cilas.

Andy is in recruit training when he and his battle buddy are called to attention by their drill sargeant to go on a bit of a recon mission. They're sent into the middle of nowhere, given a special homing phone of some sort and told that a drone way up in the sky is gonna take pictures of them. They're given explicit instructions not to use the phone, just turn it on. Of course, they use it. They take pictures of each others backsides, then Andy demands that his buddy make a video of him setting his fart alight. He's pointing the phone at Andy when he spots something in the sky coming straight for him. He points the phone up to see what it is. It hits him dead-on and knocks him to the floor. Andy turns around, pants still down, and sees some kind of rocket sticking out of his buddy's chest. There's blood everywhere. He's very clearly dead. Andy's speechless, and after some hesitation grabs the phone as evidence(it filmed the whole thing), before sprinting off into the distance, scared out of his wits.

Back with Nancy, she meets up with the security guy at the college but he doesn't bring any money with him 'cos he's afraid he'll get beat up again. She sends him off to get the money while she waits on a campus bench, looking very nervous. She thinks everyone is watching her(this scene is very reminicint of that scene in Get Shorty, where Yayo is in the airport and thinks everyone is out to get him). She looks all around, paranoia filling her head. See's lot's of people with sunglasses, people scratching their faces as if they were talking into a wire, etc. Things like that. She eventually freaks out and abandons the deal.

The episode ends with a scene the next morning. Cilas is just about to head out for another day of cleaning the streets. He informs Nancy that nobody watches them or checks up on 'em. They just get dropped off and can do whatever they want. He wants to start dealing to his fellow workers. Nancy won't let him, but he tells her that she has no choice, she can't stop him. She's physically weak here, speaking very softly, sitting on the couch with a towel over her head, feeling very depressed for herself. She keeps calling him as he leaves, but he ignores her. She then says to herself after he's gone "We'll discuss this later" in a very subdued voice. She knows she has no control over him. The screen then fades to black as this 40 second piece of a music that I've never heard before, plays over the end credits. Might be tenacious D. Sounds like Jack Black, anyway.

That's pretty much the jist of it from what I can remember. One thing of note is that neither Dean, nor Isabelle are in this episode. This is the first time Andy Milder has missed an episode as far as I can tell. Shame. There is a little scene with Heylia and Conrad too, but I can't remember what's said. It's very short, though. They're in their new growhouse discussing.......growing, or something, while builders are setting things up in the background.

Edited by chalkitdown, Aug 29, 2007 @ 7:46 PM.

sabrinacle27

sabrinacle27

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 29, 2007 @ 7:23 PM

that was great chalktoit. Sure appreciate the up date. I think Peters death is going to wind up giving Nancy a big fat paycheck...just in time to put U-turn away and her business to pick up again. But these episodes are depressing. I really need the laughs back. That masterbation lecture from uncle Andy to Shane last season had me laughing till my sides hurt.

Prospero

Prospero

Fanatic

Posted Aug 30, 2007 @ 11:28 PM

I didn't think that 3x04 was lighter then the previous three episodes. However, things slowly start going back to normal. I hope Andy will manage to get out of the army, U-Turn will be dead soon and DEA guy will leave Nancy alone. I want her dealing. And growing. With Conrad.