2-8: "Kingdom Come" 2007.07.30 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

431 replies to this topic

TWoP Sun

TWoP Sun

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2007 @ 12:52 AM

From Zap2it.com:

Bill proposes a new schedule to his wives; Frank discovers Lois' valuable stash; Bill hopes to incite Roman to retaliate against the Greenes.

bigpth

bigpth

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:02 PM

what an ending!

erendiradali

erendiradali

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:04 PM

Holy crap! Is Roman dead?

Was Bill bringing Ben into the "priesthood" foreshadowing that Bill is going to take the place of the Prophet (his supposed birthright)?

I totally let out a "HELLZ YEAH" when Margie, Barb, and Nicki reamed Bill out.

I am soooo glad that Ben got dumped. Seriously. It's so very clear just how messed up his upbringing has made him "Well, if I don't like Brynn, I can just take a second wife!" Holy potatoes. Wonder what that makes him think of his mom.

idliketobuyaclue

idliketobuyaclue

Loyal Viewer

Augh! I blinked! Who shot Roman? Sounded like Lois?

Wow, intense.

I can't decide if Ben is completely insane or an evil genius. But he's taking after Bill either way, isn't he? Basic good intentions, sure, but the end goal is what he wants, whatever that happens to be, and if that can't be gotten honorably, oh, well...

Brynn deserves better, in any case, and good for her.

I would not want to meet Bruce Dern in a dark alley.

(Aw, Zevon. Sniff.)

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

• Interests:http://myspace.com/roxievelma<br />http://lifetimemovieaddikt.blogspot.com

Well it wasn't as bad as Stringer getting shot on The Wire, but damn that affected me.

meredithand

meredithand

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:05 PM

What a shock - at the end of the episode I hate Bill. He continues to have three families revolve around his needs rather than any of the dozen others who live in the Hendrickson compound. Thank goodness Ana escaped when she did!

I hate this show for making me sad when Roman was shot. Seeing Alby silently scream "Papa!" almost caused me tears. I hope this isn't the end of him because I was almost starting to like him. And I pity Alby, so he didn't need to see that.

What is WITH these Green people? I'm intrigued by this storyline so I hope the race to Arizona isn't the end of it.

Augh! I blinked! Who shot Roman?

The crazy blonde Green woman and a partner.

Edited by meredithand, Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:07 PM.

BenjyDiMera

BenjyDiMera

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:05 PM

Holy shit!

TWoP Sun

TWoP Sun

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:07 PM

Guys, I know its a shocker, but please try and add a little more to your posts than just a couple of words!

Katalina

Katalina

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:07 PM

I’m loving the faster action of this episode.

OMG—Roman shot—but it wasn’t the heart area—will he make it? I hope so, because Harry Dean Stanton brings so much to the show!

Oh, so Lois actually does own a laundromat.

Nicky: “I’m the most stress-free of any of us!” Bwahaha!

Lois, about Eddie’s widow victim: “She was dead, except now she isn’t.” Doncha hate it when that happens?

“My brother Selma” WTF??? Well, makes as much sense as anything, I guess.
I know Hollis Green is a complete creep, but I was still disturbed to see his injuries.

Well, Barb scared Brynn good and proper!

Bill: Benny, it’s time you became a priesthood holder, and enter the world of gambling machines. Can I do another “Bwahaha”?

chilindrina

chilindrina

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:08 PM

This episode wasn't as exciting as the previews promised. Roman getting shot, I was spoiled for but I thought it would be more dramatic or something.

I usually don't like Ben, but I really liked him in this episode. I think I might be changing my tune on Ben from creepy to seriously messed up. I did enjoy Barb's talk with Brynn (who I usually hate, but really liked here) and the dose of reality she got. Brynn deserves better.

I'm glad the fact that Bill doesn't spend enough time with this kids is addressed. That has been a major annoyance with Bill for me. Barb needs to run away.

Lois: "I'll let you in the back door." Bwah!!

Selma referred to as "brother" well what do you know.

And my God, Previously was so long!

Edited by chilindrina, Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:13 PM.

mharvey816

mharvey816

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:09 PM

Goddamn show running 5 min over tonight. My DVR cut out right in the middle of "let's keep it a secret between you and me." So I guess I have to wait until the rebroadcast at 11pm before I can read this forum. Bastards.

Katalina

Katalina

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:11 PM

And my God Previously was so long!

I know--what was it, 10 minutes or something? Grrrr!

lilarose6

lilarose6

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:11 PM

Shit on a shingle, what an episode!!! So much to process. It whiplashed from comedy to darkness so hard I'm dizzy. Some quick thoughts--

Bill is a FUCKING ASSHOLE. No discussion. No debate. The man's a fucktard. Why do any of these women love him? He nearly--deliberately--starts a conflict between the Greens and Roman without caring who gets caught in the crossfire. Did it occur to him that those weirdos could target his family or is he too busy manipulating his wives to notice? Could he have handled the situation with Ben any more poorly than he did? Your son thinks of himself as a deviant just because he enjoys sex, Bill. If your WIFE hadn't jumped in to save the day Ben would have gotten married, Bill. Barb stopped that. Not you. You just called your son wrong. Did it not occur to you, Bill, that Ben's gotten a completely warped idea of marriage by him telling you that if "it doesn't work out" he'll find someone later if Brynn turns out not to be the right girl? If Barb hadn't loved Ben (and cared enough about Brynn) enough to risk him hating her, Ben would be married. Ben doesn't need to be a priesthood holder. Ben has serious emotional problems at this point. I love his character, but the kid has serious problems that Bill is making worse.

Lousy husband and terrible father. That's Bill. My oh my oh my isn't Margene starting to assert herself? Why should I suffer because of you two? Yowza!! I thought I'd choke with laughter at Nicki's shock about cunnilingus......and Lois offering to let Frank in the back door. OH. MY. GOD. I spit out my iced tead I couldn't stop laughing. BWA HA HA HA HAHAAAA!!!! God, I can see where Bill got his asshole genes. More later when I can process it.

Oh, and Roman got shot. Roman's an asshole, but that's Bill's fault, too. Do they know how to set up a story or what?

Edited by lilarose6, Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:13 PM.

Katie Belle

Katie Belle

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:13 PM

Ohhhhh my GOSH...I love this show so much it hurts!!! ;)

Did anyone else feel kind of sad/hurt when Roman got shot at the end? I know I probably sound totally wierd, but it tugged at my heart a little bit.

I'm sorry but I can't help but dislike Bill and it gets even worse with each show that airs. Big kudos to Nikki and Barb for standing up to him in the kitchen scene. I really think Margene is going to be in a world of hurt if a fourth wife ever comes in.

lanter

lanter

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:13 PM

Big Love has been the only reason why I haven't cancelled HBO and tonight showed me that I made the right decision. What an awesome episode. I hope that Juniper Creek finds out how much Bill screwed them.

Poor Ben, he really has no idea how fucked up he is. Sara needs to get the hell out of Utah while she still can; I don't care about Teeny.

Auntie Anxiety

Auntie Anxiety

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:14 PM

Barb's situation makes me feel for her. Poor woman didn't really sign on for this and here she is, married to the guy she loves but having to share him or else she would have ended up with nothing. I cringed when Ben said that he'd just marry another woman when he didn't love his first wife that much anymore. I think it made Barb realize how screwed up her children were and that that is what they thought of her.

And where was Teeny?

box o nuts

box o nuts

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:16 PM

There was so much (maybe too much) going on in that epsiode. A few quick (and slightly incoherent) thoughts:

So Selma is his BROTHER?? What's that about? I find that plot point more and more interesting as it continues, I hope we get some resolution.

I can't help it...Ben looks like a serial killer. He has this horrible tendency to look at people through half slitted eyes with his head bent, it's like he's working out how to murder them in their sleep or something.

I almost can't believe it, but it really seemed like Barb had honestly never believed her children would follow her into polygamy until Ben said it. Honestly - what was that woman thinking?

Was anyone else a bit freaked out when Bill told Sarah that they were going to have a 'conversation'? I found him hugely intimidating there, she certainly handled it well. Sad lack of Sarah in this ep though...she is SO much more fun to watch then Benny.

Bizarre oral sex storyline, jeez.

It was very nice to see bill get the slap down from his wives, I didn't realize how much I wanted to see that.

And Roman as cuddly grandpaw again! They must have been leading up to his getting shot so that we'd be more broken up about it. I do hope he doesn't die, he's such a great character!

I think, overall, that there was just too much going on in this episode. It felt long, which most BL doesn't to me...and I can barely keep track of all the plot points covered.

And why was the "previously on" so long??

Scrapper

Scrapper

Fanatic

So the LMAO moments were Margie and Sarah listening when Bill was talking AT Ben and Margie ran like a bat out of hell. Then Sarah got in the last word and went to comfort her mom who was listening through the bathroom.

It was a real family moment as dysfunctional as it was. Also Hollis funny and messed up till the end. "BTW what do you use for your spamware?"

Then Frank with the old caboose. Lastly when Bill was sent to his room and had to try to storm off with milk, a bowl, and cereal. Comedy gold.

These last two eps they really rolled out the Grandpa Roman then they shoot him? Harsh.

I mean this ep with the asking after Nikki and ordering Butterscotch Sundaes.

Great Ep. o and Barb is good Bye Bye Brynn.

DakotaJustice

DakotaJustice

Couch Potato

well every week, when I think Bill couldn't be MORE of an assahola than he was, he manages to outdo himself.

The Roman shooting - totally reminded me of the Vito Corelone shooting scene in The Godfather - Alby like Fredo running out totally helpless.

Gotta run to the gym - more later!

Cgr

Cgr

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:18 PM

WOW on most points.

All that sex!! UGH can't imagine faking all that!! LOL

So many great lines don't think I can remember any of them.

I seriously thought Barb was talking to the "Bishop". Or else the mirror!!

I still think Ben is a creep. He always looks like he has been crying. I am glad Bryn and Ana are rid of that mess.

Nicki and Bill in the basement was funny!!

And what an ending. 4 more episodes and then we have to wait another year?

lilarose6

lilarose6

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:20 PM

Poor Ben, he really has no idea how fucked up he is. Sara needs to get the hell out of Utah while she still can;

I wanted to punch Bill when he barked at Sara, "Did you know about this?" Sara needs to get the hell out of dodge when she turns 18, and the more I think about it, I really believe Ben's emtional problems have the potential to be deadly serious for him. Ben strikes me as the kind of kid who might commit suicide if enough things in his life went wrong. He's tender hearted, like Barb, but he's trying to emulate his father.

What ticks me off the most about Bill allowing Ben into the priesthood is that I think he's really doing it to have an ally "against the women" and a backup for his own selfish needs and demands. He's not doing it because Ben's ready, or because he wants to bond with Ben for Ben's sake. Deep down, it's for selfish reasons. If Mormon boys are supposed to be made "priests" at about 12, Bill's really been neglecting his children hasn't he? He's clueless. Barb's right--Bill doesn't pay attention to his children at all. Sarah's strong enough to overcome that, but Ben isn't. Bill's sudden "bonding" with him will come to no good.

iMissEthan

iMissEthan

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:20 PM

Doesn't Margene have to be a bit too far along to still have a waistline like that?

I was hoping for a Disappointingly Yours, Hollis Green at the end of his phone call, but then Brother Selma took the phone to say noon o'clock and that was almost better.

Edited by iMissEthan, Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:21 PM.

sarpon

sarpon

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:22 PM

Bill's take on the Greenes ("the enemy of my enemy is my friend") is exactly how the US ended up playing midwife to Al Qaeda and cozying up to the world's most ruthless dictators. Works about as well in business as if does in foreign policy, don't it Bill?

So, Margie's the bad girl, Nicki's the good girl, and Barb's the one he can talk to. Yeah, sure, it's all about the testimony.

Cgr

Cgr

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:23 PM

Ben's priesthood ceremony.

Having just attended an ordination at a beautiful church with over 1000 people in attendance and a 200 voice choir I have a hard time with this priesthood thing in a basement with canned peaches and paper towels on the shelves......

lilarose6

lilarose6

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:23 PM

Ginnifer Goodwin really needs to start wearing a small, second trimester size pillow under some maternity tops. She should be about four or five months along. You can go about three months with no maternity clothes, but babies start to grow when that fourth month starts, especially with someone as short as Margene. Tall women can hide it. Short women can't.

FeatherPen

FeatherPen

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:24 PM

Bill's gonna so regret his wannabe-God-like machinations if Roman ends up dying.

I don't quite understand what a priesthood holder is, but I still think Bill rushing the gun by "anointing" Ben right after he gets his heart ripped out.

For the life of me, I'll never understand why mothers take it so personally when they find out their sons are having sex. Why was Barb crying? Anger and disappointment I'd understand, but crying?

Princess Louie

Princess Louie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:24 PM

Roman Grant, Hollis Greene, Bill Henrickson: they're the same. The difference is only of degree.

So many chilling moments in this episode. Ben's cheerful rationalization of his "engagement," which made me think that Ben sees very clearly the benefits - to Bill - of this situation. And then there was Barb's handling of it - probably the first time she's admitted the truth about herself in a long time.

I've never understood what Brynn saw in Ben, and I was glad when she ended it. And that idiot Bill, when he confers priesthood on Ben - is only going to make things worse. It won't help Ben grow up, at least not as long as he lives with Bill.

Did Hollis actually refer to Selma Green as a "he"? And was "he" the one with the cold cream on the face? What is going on there?

Poor Sarah - the look on her face when her father questioned - no, interrogated - her broke my heart. Run, Sarah, run!

Well, oral sex played such a big role in The Sopranos, it's surprising it took the second season for it to become important here. Now, all we need is a scene with a psychiatrist, so someone can say that classic line, "cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this moment!" Poor Nicki. She doesn't know what she's missing.

I wish Barb would meet a nice... Methodist, or Presbyterian, or Episcopal man. She could be so happy.

Vertebrat

Vertebrat

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:25 PM

Hang in there, old Roman!

Bill certainly defines "hubris". He also defines "ewwwwwwwww" as is "You're naughty, Margene, you're a naughty girl". Brain bleach please!

How much do I love Lois, offering her back door up in exchange for her peas. This show is so fucking twisted.

chilindrina

chilindrina

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:27 PM

Poor Ben, he really has no idea how fucked up he is. Sara needs to get the hell out of Utah while she still can;

Yes! Ben is so fragile while Sarah is strong. I can totaly see Ben fall into some sort of deep depression. Though the serious lack of Sarah these past two weeks has been horrible. And what the heck happened with Rhonda?

I HATE Bill. I've never watched a show where I despised the main character. If it weren't for the fact I love all the other characters, I'd quite this show. I know Bill is the main character but I hope next season they cut down on the Bill screen time. Or at least make him less on a self-centered ass.

OK, I'm not a prude or anything, but I cannot get used to Bill-sex. Even Ben-Sex is better. Sorry, but I see Bill as too, fatherly I guess to feel comfortable watching him in action.

XJill

XJill

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:27 PM

Fuuuuuck. I said "holy shit" outloud many times during this ep. When Benny said he could just take a 2nd...HOLY SHIT. That killed me, people. And earlier, rock on Sarah with the comeback!

The sex subplot was very weird but kindof funny. I can't believe Margie tattled on their plot - what happened to sisterhood bonds??

I'm conflicted because I want Bill to get his comeuppance but good, but I don't want anything to happen to the wives, so...

When did Alby get back in Roman's good graces? Seems they left that bit of plot out.

Roman cannot be dead. He's Harry Dean Stanton!!!

I say again -fuuuuck.