Houseguests, PLEASE: Forum Questions & Answers

• Please log in to reply

8 replies to this topic

TWoP Bayliss

TWoP Bayliss

Posted Jul 27, 2007 @ 1:55 AM

To clarify the rules in threads outside the Feed threads:

It's okay to say the word "Feed" anywhere, or reference random feed shit on any thread you like.

The Feed Threads Rule arises from two things:

1) Spoilers for events: Food comp, POV, HOH -- or other, similarly important moments like huge fights and game-changers.
2) Using Feed talk to push an agenda regarding a particular player or viewpoint:

GOOD: "Jessica was adorable playing Quarters last night on the Feeds and it made me like her more."
BAD: "You wouldn't say Dick was a great guy if you'd seen what he did on the Feeds! Don't like Dick! You're only allowed* to hate Dick!"

Which is to say, you won't get dinked for mentioning them outside those threads, or saying the word "feed," but you will get dinked for trying to manipulate the conversation, or for being a spoiler troll. We expect you to show discretion as far as drawing this line, and if you don't, that's why there are Moderators. It's not an assault against you as a person to get a Warn or Note, just a reminder of the rules. We realize there are grey areas. The problem is when those areas aren't particularly grey, and someone pushes it anyway.

Edited by TWoP Bayliss, Aug 1, 2007 @ 1:33 PM.

TWoP Bayliss

TWoP Bayliss

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 10:26 AM

YOUTUBE

Per counsel, you can post anything but full episodes or episodes chunk-by-chunk. The broadcasters police it and if they don't want it up there, it will come down. Thanks for your attention.

Edited by TWoP Bayliss, Aug 1, 2007 @ 1:33 PM.

TWoP Bayliss

TWoP Bayliss

Posted Aug 1, 2007 @ 1:33 PM

Okay, again: Feed Thread info that has no bearing on the game, like Nick's mohawk or Amber's meds, are not "spoilers." They are uninteresting facts about uninteresting people. If you try to use your Feed knowledge to win an argument, we'll have some trouble, but these kinds of things are not in and of themselves a problem.

TWoP Bayliss

TWoP Bayliss

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 3:47 PM

If you've made your opinions clear on the religion/hypocrisy/organ music/prayer/Amber/Jameka issue clear, please don't get repetitive. I realize it's a personal thing and everybody has their stance, but once you've said your piece, that's sufficient. More and you run the risk of going off-topic, and/or being a jerk about it, both of which we're all better than.

Orion7

Orion7

Stalker

Posted Feb 12, 2008 @ 10:16 PM

I tried to make a thread for Sharon, but was told I didn't have permission to do it. Poor thing, she's stuck on the show with her ex-boyfriend, and she is the last to get a thread.

Thanks!

Edited by Orion7, Feb 12, 2008 @ 11:20 PM.

TWoP Bayliss

TWoP Bayliss

Posted Feb 12, 2008 @ 11:04 PM

I didn't realize there was a permissions issue, I'll start hers now.

TWoP Bayliss

TWoP Bayliss

Posted Feb 14, 2008 @ 8:00 PM

Guys, please keep contestant-related info from the feeds in the Feeds threads. Those black bars are a dead giveaway, and we are trying to keep spoilers constrained to the spoiler areas. Thanks.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2011 @ 9:27 PM

Will the 6 old contestants be merged into this thread? Thanks.

Edited by hoosier, Jul 7, 2011 @ 9:30 PM.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 8, 2011 @ 2:04 AM

Yes. I just had to watch the episode first. I'm on it now.