There Are No Stupid BB Questions (Including the Game's Rules)

• Please log in to reply

1188 replies to this topic

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2013 @ 1:09 PM

The Friendship didn't get a great edit.  April and Ivette blubbered all the time.  Jenn came back into the game and pulled a shifty move.  The Cappy stuff was portrayed as it really was: freakin' ridiculous.  Only Maggie got off well.  She was sort of a quiet mastermind on the broadcast show and more of a Godfather type on the feeds.

Edited by Dolphincorn, Sep 16, 2013 @ 1:13 PM.

Bob Sambob

Bob Sambob

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2013 @ 1:53 PM

Thanks for the responses, everyone. But my question wasn't solely limited to Season 6 ...

Did you need the feeds to see the evolution of Dan's genius?

Was the six-finger plan spelled out well on the show or did you need the feeds to see it and truly understand why it worked?

Was the favoritism that Jeff and Jordan received only evident if you watched the feeds? I know that Jeff said some shit on both of his seasons that were supposedly buried by the show edit.

How about the Chima situation ... did you need the feeds to see how truly batshit that was?

Were the truly vile comments that Chelsia and Joshuah said aired on the show or only on the feeds/AD?

I only know about most of the stuff I listed above because of TWoP. Like I said, I haven't watched these seasons yet. I like to analyze the gameplay and I don't want to form my own false opinions because I missed the feeds.So which seasons had an accurate representation and which ones didn't?

RaggedyAnne

RaggedyAnne

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 16, 2013 @ 4:59 PM

(the exception, of course, being Season 8 -- casual viewers had NO idea just how vile Dick was)

I have never had the Live Feeds and did not know about TWo P BB recaps or forums.  And still, I HATED Evel Dick, just from the edited shows.

As for season 6, I preferred Maggie to Janelle, but I had no idea what either one was like on the Live Feeds.  I have since learned that that season heavily edited Maggie in a much better light than she deserved.  Friends, family, and co-workers had no clue that Maggie was extremely disliked by so many.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2013 @ 5:26 PM

I have never had the Live Feeds and did not know about TWo P BB recaps or forums.  And still, I HATED Evel Dick, just from the edited shows.

This is so comforting to me. If only you'd been the minority.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 16, 2013 @ 7:26 PM

The Friendship didn't get a great edit.  April and Ivette blubbered all the time.  Jenn came back into the game and pulled a shifty move.  The Cappy stuff was portrayed as it really was: freakin' ridiculous.  Only Maggie got off well.  She was sort of a quiet mastermind on the broadcast show and more of a Godfather type on the feeds.

That's how I saw it, too. In fact, I started reading the feeds thread that year because I couldn't stand the Friendship and the Cappy Cult from watching the aired show. 

As I recall it, Nakomis's six-figured plan was pretty well covered on the aired show, as was Dan's game in his first (and winning) season. For last year's season, in some ways we got more of Dan's game in the aired episodes, because they showed Diary Room interviews where he let us know what he was really trying to do. From the feeds, he was shown saying this to Danielle and something totally different to someone else, and there was a lot of discussion about his true loyalties. 

For the biggest discrepancy between the feeds and the aired episodes, I've got to go with Season Eight. This season has been bad in that they've covered up a lot of the worst things said, but that's nothing unusual for this show. CBS has not been portraying this final three in anything close to the same heroic way they did Evel Dick. I'm not a big believer in conspiracies of any kind, or that the game is rigged (heavily edited, and lots of DR coaxing, but not rigged), but in that season, I think BB was pushing hard for ED to win. 

choclatechip45

choclatechip45

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 16, 2013 @ 8:22 PM

From what I remember about Jeff and Jordan from there original season I felt there popularity was because of how vile Natalie and co was. I remember during Chima's meltdown Chima threw their clothes all over the room they were staying in. I was actually impressed that Jeff and Jordan didn't blow up on her for that. I don't believe this was shown on the broadcasted show. Also, Natalie and Lydia wanted to put some dye that Michelle was allergic too in her food so something would happen to her. I believe it was red M&Ms they probably would have done it if the DR had not intervened. I believe this was only shown on the live feeds.

ETA about the Six Finger Plan I believe the aired show gave Nakomis the credit when it was Mike the first evicted house guest was the one who came up with it. I could be wrong, but that is what I remember the house guests saying.

Edited by choclatechip45, Sep 16, 2013 @ 8:40 PM.

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2013 @ 9:42 PM

As for Chima, the fact is the feeds cut out pretty quickly when she got the boot. Yes, she was ranting and raving, but that wasn't actually a big deal. I think she threw her mike in the pool when they called her into the DR, and the feeds immediately went to fish. By the time the feeds came back, she was gone. So I don't think even the feed watchers know exactly what happened, if that incident was enough or if something else happened.

Same with that Hantz brother who was booted a few years ago for head butting. I don't think we saw that, or at least I didn't read a recap of it and missed the whole thing. Again, the feeds cut quickly. So you still lose things.

As for Season six, yes Maggie got a nicer edit. But as much as I loved her that season, so did Janelle. That girl could trash talk with the best of them, even Ivette. But the "friendship" didn't seem to like each other as people, where you could see how Howie, Kaysar, Janelle and Rachel really liked each other's company. I can't remember if that translated to the show. But if I was actually going to buy a season, regardless of how it turned out, I'd buy Season 6. I do think all of the best parts actually made the show.

choclatechip45

choclatechip45

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 17, 2013 @ 6:19 AM

Regarding Chima's Meltdown it took them awhile to do anything about it and once they did the feeds where off for awhile. I remember her going through Jeff and Jordan's stuff. She also hid Russel's hats because she thought he ate her Cheetos. During her meltdown, I remember Natalie and Lydia where both called to the DR and received a warning about something. I remember people being surprised it took them awhile from when she threw the mic in the pool because earlier in the week they punished Jeff for drinking Gatorade as a Have-Not. The funny thing is right when the feeds came on Kevin was by the fridge and you saw the Cheetos.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 17, 2013 @ 8:53 PM

Ah, yes, the Cheetos. That was a meltdown that was kind of fun to watch because no one was injured except for an innocent microphone. 

What was the season and who was involved when there was a knockdown, drag-out war of words going on, and then everybody had to shift gears quickly because it was someone's birthday and the cake had arrived? That was one of the funnier moments ever for me, but I can't remember the particulars. 

RaggedyAnne

RaggedyAnne

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 17, 2013 @ 9:13 PM

That was Season 10: Happy Birthday to Keesha

Here’s the link to the recap: http://www.televisio...id-he-said-the/

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Sep 17, 2013 @ 9:44 PM

Libra asking "Anyone want cake?" after the song will never not be funny for me. I just had to watch it again. Man, at the time I thought the season was rather boring but in retrospect? Season ten was a damn good season. I'd love it if the people I disliked the most in a season were Jessie and Jerry.

choclatechip45

choclatechip45

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 18, 2013 @ 5:33 AM

TWoP Howard I wished they  had shown that on the aired show it was too funny with Jeff and Jordan telling her the exact spot of the Cheetos. Chima pretending to look to go ask Russell who did not know. Which in Chima's mind means he ate them all. To coming back from fish to see the Cheetos right where Jeff and Jordan told Chima they were.

Two other people besides Dick I felt where portrayed as family men when on the feeds they said vile things where Robert from BB4 and Jase from All-Stars. I remember with All-Stars they tried to make Jase as this family man completely different then how he was on Season 5. But in reality he was the same guy on the feeds joking about raping Janelle. Robert  said some disgusting things about women.

Edited by choclatechip45, Sep 18, 2013 @ 9:02 PM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 18, 2013 @ 8:46 PM

Thanks for the link to the recap, RaggedyAnne. It was a great recap of that scene, too. 

Libra asking "Anyone want cake?" after the song will never not be funny for me.

Me, neither. Good times, good times. 

Robert just said some disgusting things about women.

Yeah, Robert was pretty vile. In spite of my Big Brother Amnesia, he stands out. I hope Erika has better taste in men now. 

Jgmes2001

Jgmes2001

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 20, 2013 @ 2:09 PM

Did Helen ever end up telling anyone she is actually a political consultant?

SK03

SK03

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2013 @ 9:42 PM

I believe Andy told McCrae (along with GM and Spencer) in his last few days what was Helen's true occupation.  Who else knew, I don't know.

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2013 @ 4:31 PM

Was Ginamarie's knee injury ever mentioned during the show's regular episodes? I know from reading the live-feed updates that she was hurt during one of the last comps, necessitating several stitches. But I don't remember any of that being addressed on the show itself? I'm not even sure which comp it was where GM got hurt?

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2013 @ 11:35 PM

I believe it was in the superhero challenge.  Judd also had some bloody scrapes on his legs after when he talked to Spencer in the HOH.

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2013 @ 12:07 AM

Thanks so much, Dolphincorn; I appreciate your reply. Didn't it seem odd that whenever GM and the last remaining HGs would begin to talk about the comp and her knee injury, the feed would go to fish? Maybe it was a liability thing for production? So much of BB15 was FUBAR for me, you know? God, such people, the hate and prejudices.

Btw, I'm sorry you were disappointed by no callbacks from BB Canada. But, maybe it's just as well? I'm thinking that normal, sweet, decent people get eaten up and spit out by BB. Based on your posts, I wouldn't want to see you hurt on the show. Stick with TWoP, and we'll love you and appreciate your observations, Dolphincorn! :-*

Edited by sleekandchic, Sep 23, 2013 @ 12:08 AM.

Isuzu

Isuzu

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2013 @ 4:07 PM

That Happy Birthday Keesha scene has got to be one of the funniest scene not only in BB but also in all of Reality Television period. That was SO hilarious, especially when they started singing, while Keesha was still crying, and then they all started screaming again. As an added bonus, it was also the episode where Michelle went batshit crazy about her red unitard. I also agree that season 10 was really good, full of interesting people and good turnarounds.

Edited by Isuzu, Sep 24, 2013 @ 4:23 PM.