There Are No Stupid BB Questions (Including the Game's Rules)

• Please log in to reply

1188 replies to this topic

randomwaves

randomwaves

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 18, 2012 @ 8:12 PM

Ok, So in tonight's broadcast, Shane and Frank are discussing the veto in the Pantry. All over the pantry are Green signs with the big brother logo and a message that starts "House guests, Please" and then I can't read the rest. its totally bugging me! can anyone else tell what it says? I'm sure its something like "house guests please put food away so that the house doesn't attract pests" but this Inquiring mind NEEDS to know!

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 4, 2013 @ 12:43 AM

Does anyone know if it's possible for a nominee or the HoH to be MVP?

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Jul 4, 2013 @ 5:15 PM

I would assume it is possible just because I don't know why it would need to be not possible. I don't know if that makes sense!

Sugarwater

Sugarwater

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 4, 2013 @ 5:26 PM

Aaryn's name is still in the list of players to vote for, so I'm assuming that means they can be MVP.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 5, 2013 @ 12:42 AM

And obviously Elissa was nominated, but it was after she won. I guess it would be the same if she'd already been nominated? Okay. Thanks.

jonaswan2

jonaswan2

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2013 @ 12:47 AM

MVP voting closes before HOH nominations.

Shimmy

Shimmy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 5, 2013 @ 2:10 AM

Does anyone know how I can cancel the Live Feeds? Im feeling dumber than David trying to figure it out...

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Jul 5, 2013 @ 11:19 AM

I don't think you do cancel them.  You've already paid for them, and I seriously doubt CBS is going to be handing out refunds.  This is not like when they were on Realplayer, where you had to call and cancel your subscription at the end of the year or your credit card would continue to be charged.  This was a one time purchase of the current season's feeds. 

Shimmy

Shimmy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 5, 2013 @ 11:37 AM

Oh, I should have clarified I was signed up for the 48 hour trial. After poking around some more I found a number to call and cancel. Thanks though!

Manhattan

Manhattan

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 5, 2013 @ 7:02 PM

I understand the contestants have to sign legal documentation that basically covers the show's ass.  However, would Helen have any type of legal case against the show for basically allowing those contestants to humiliate her on national television about her race/ethnicity?  The contestants were "warned", and yet we clearly saw Aaryn and Gina Marie make some very offensive comments about Helen in reference to her being Asian just last night that I know of.  Couldn't the show be held responsible for supporting this behavior by continuing to allow these contestants to keep make offensive remarks about Helen, as well as allowing these remarks to be heard by the audience and further humiliating Helen by the lack of action taken against them?

Also, since contestants have been removed from the show before, is it hoping too much that the show may decide to eject some of these contestants?  I would weep with joy for a "shocking elimination" episode (especially since it looks like either Elissa, Candice, or Helen is a goner next week) where right before voting begins, Julie informs Aaryn, Gina Marie, Spencer, and/or Jeremy they are being removed from the game.  (And not tell them why until they come out in all their ugly glory, and Julie informs them, in her iciest Chenbot, that they've been ejected from the game due to basically being horrible people.)  They could easily bring in replacements, the season is still early enough to fill the slots with the finalists who didn't make final cut or past season favorites.

Even if I don't get my dream scenario, could there be a possiblity some of these contestants could be dropped from the game?  Or is that strictly for threats of violence?

Edited by Manhattan, Jul 5, 2013 @ 7:04 PM.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Jul 5, 2013 @ 8:34 PM

I understand the contestants have to sign legal documentation that basically covers the show's ass.  However, would Helen have any type of legal case against the show for basically allowing those contestants to humiliate her on national television about her race/ethnicity? 

I doubt it. Sadly.

Also, since contestants have been removed from the show before, is it hoping too much that the show may decide to eject some of these contestants?

No. Again, sadly. Since AG has taken over I believe the only person removed from the game was Willie and that was only because he physically attacked Joe. I mean Dick won and attacked people every day and burnt Jen with a cigarette. TPTB don't give a shit.

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2013 @ 10:05 AM

Is Robyn Kass still casting this show?

She really needs to be blamed for this mess.  When I went to the BBCAN auditions (which her company also cast), the first question we were all asked was "What do you think of showmances?"  Maybe future casting directors need to ask questions like "Did the Holocaust really happen?"

EDITED TO ADD: I answered my own question when I went to her Twitter account and read "Thanks for all the comments, good & bad. I do not condone offensive remarks in the house and I do not have a crystal ball during casting."  I guess she's been under the gun and is being rather defensive.  A simple "I'm sorry" would have sufficed, though.

Edited by Dolphincorn, Jul 7, 2013 @ 10:08 AM.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2013 @ 10:46 AM

Maybe future casting directors need to ask questions like "Did the Holocaust really happen?"

I laughed so hard at this. I feel bad about it, but that's funny. Also, probably necessary sadly.

Edited by peachmangosteen, Jul 7, 2013 @ 10:46 AM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 7, 2013 @ 12:33 PM

Yes, and tell racist and sexist jokes and see who enjoys them. Don't cast them. 

Firegoat1

Firegoat1

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 7, 2013 @ 5:49 PM

At some point along the way will any of the women get a chance to have their roots touched up or their weaves? This could get ugly. 

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2013 @ 8:56 PM

EDITED TO ADD: I answered my own question when I went to her Twitter account and read "Thanks for all the comments, good & bad. I do not condone offensive remarks in the house and I do not have a crystal ball during casting."  I guess she's been under the gun and is being rather defensive.  A simple "I'm sorry" would have sufficed, though.

So... she's completely incompetent? Because isn't the whole point of casting to predict the sort of personality you'll get?

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2013 @ 9:32 PM

So... she's completely incompetent? Because isn't the whole point of casting to predict the sort of personality you'll get?

Well, I suppose that's a given considering that she didn't cast me.  I'm freaking irresistible.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 12:52 AM

My question is about the Moving Company. Is there a pecking order in the MC? I know everyone lies but is their a tighter two/three out of the five of them? Just curious.

Nashville

Nashville

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 2:21 AM

IIRC, the original nucleus of the MC was three - Howard, Jeremy and Spencer. Nick and McCrae were brought into the group in fairly short order, but I have the impression the "original three" alliance wasn't really exposed; i.e., Nick and McC think the MC was originally conceived in its current "group of five" form.

Sincerity

Sincerity

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 2:31 AM

Right now I'm not sure about Howard's allegiance to the MC, either. I'd probably say Nick and Jeremy are the "leaders", and maybe Spencer. They don't seem to be liking Jeremy much though, with him telling people what to do. If Nick is voted out, it's probably Jeremy and Spencer.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 8:35 AM

I think Howard and Spencer probably have the closet alliance. But I think Nick also at least wants to be very tight with Jeremy just for strategic reasons. McCrae is definitely the odd man in the alliance. Honestly, the alliance isn't really that tight, certainly nowhere near as tight as the Brigade was.

Edited by peachmangosteen, Jul 11, 2013 @ 8:35 AM.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 3:37 PM

I thought I asked this but I can't it if I did. Anyhoo, I've noticed that Julie Chen hasn't spoken to the HOH in the HOH ( "where the other houseguest can't you") room on eviction night. Is it because there are too many people or was this dropped altogether? Sorry, if it was answered already.

RaggedyAnne

RaggedyAnne

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 5:57 PM

I thought I asked this but I can't it if I did. Anyhoo, I've noticed that Julie Chen hasn't spoken to the HOH in the HOH ( "where the other houseguest can't you") room on eviction night. Is it because there are too many people or was this dropped altogether? Sorry, if it was answered already.

I don't know why she hasn't had a one-to-one chat with the HoH but I certainly don't miss it.

And I really don't miss the pathetic "use it on me, no, save me" speeches that the nominees used to have to make to the POV holder.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 13, 2013 @ 10:35 PM

Me, neither. I can't imagine that any PoV holder's mind was changed by one of those speeches. 

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Jul 14, 2013 @ 3:14 PM

Also, since contestants have been removed from the show before, is it hoping too much that the show may decide to eject some of these contestants?

No. Again, sadly. Since AG has taken over I believe the only person removed from the game was Willie and that was only because he physically attacked Joe. I mean Dick won and attacked people every day and burnt Jen with a cigarette. TPTB don't give a shit.

Don't forget Chima on BB-11, although that removal was almost mutual since she seemed to quit and be expelled at the same time. The last straw for BB was her refusal to wear her mic and tossing it in the pool during a meltdown but she had been volatile most of the time.  She once referred to Russell, a Lebanese-American, as a terrorist and verbally attacked half the houseguests.  When her HOH noms were basically voided by Jeff's 'secret powers' she lost it. 

Still, seems like small potatoes next to the concentrated bigotry this season has demonstrated in just a couple weeks. 

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Jul 14, 2013 @ 3:35 PM

Ah, yes, I did forget about Chima. Honestly  even though she did take it a bit far, I understood where she was coming from. And at least she didn't attack any of the HGs really.

TPTB care more about their property than the human beings that are playing the game.

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 3:46 PM

Can the MVP nominate the HOH for eviction?

qeratify

qeratify

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 4:35 PM

Can the MVP nominate the HOH for eviction?

Nope.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Jul 26, 2013 @ 2:14 AM

So, wait, a POV winner can't compete the next week even if they're nominated? Is that a newer rule? Because it felt like James won POV in season 6 like back to back times.

JediDVguy

JediDVguy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 26, 2013 @ 8:29 AM

So, wait, a POV winner can't compete the next week even if they're nominated? Is that a newer rule? Because it felt like James won POV in season 6 like back to back times.

Normally, anybody can participate in back-to-back PoVs, but Elissa gave up her right to play this week during last week's veto competition. She sacrificed it in order to score points and win.