The Meet Market: Cunning Talkers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

37 replies to this topic

Glark

Glark

Posted Jul 26, 2007 @ 12:34 PM

Talky!

nothinggoodon

nothinggoodon

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 26, 2007 @ 3:58 PM

Loved the Extra of other possible show titles. But you forgot Kenfucky

Glark

Glark

Posted Jul 26, 2007 @ 3:58 PM

Oh you should see the ones we didn't print :)

elpibe

elpibe

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 26, 2007 @ 4:27 PM

howz about.....ARIZONANISM? eh-eh....

durrrrty!

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

• Interests:http://myspace.com/roxievelma<br />http://lifetimemovieaddikt.blogspot.com

Posted Jul 26, 2007 @ 6:18 PM

Oooh the colors over here are pretty! =)

Edited by RoxieVelma, Jul 26, 2007 @ 6:18 PM.

Cathode Tube

Cathode Tube

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 26, 2007 @ 7:10 PM

I like Idahole myself.

American Snob

American Snob

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 26, 2007 @ 7:29 PM

Hey everyone!

I'm interested in the show's concept and Duchovny getting back in the game but now since TWoP seems to be interested in Showtime shows, can we get some recaps or at least weecaps of Weeds or Dexter? That would be awesome. Hope the show does well.

McGuilty

McGuilty

Fanatic

Posted Jul 26, 2007 @ 7:43 PM

Oh you should see the ones we didn't print

Any chance we'll get a NC-17 page on here b/c I wanna see those!

Hopefully this show will do well, I'm glad to have DD back on TV again.

Bailey73

Bailey73

Fanatic

Posted Jul 26, 2007 @ 7:57 PM

My preview DVD from Netflix will be arriving tomorrow....I'm very much looking forward to this show.

But considering the somewhat raunchy content of the series, shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to Cunning Linguists?

pontoon

pontoon

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 26, 2007 @ 8:42 PM

Drillinois. Alawhambamma. Grabassachussetts. Stroklahoma.

Duchovny is returning to his Red Shoe Diary roots. He's dirty.

Cherry Wire

Cherry Wire

Fanatic

Posted Jul 26, 2007 @ 9:42 PM

If we could do this to all 50 states, it would be quite an accomplishment. North Coralina, anyone?

Wing Chun

Wing Chun

Posted Jul 26, 2007 @ 10:07 PM

I had to veto such entries (as it were) as Nebraskeet, Holewaii, North Carolanus, Nevulva...

Porky

Porky

Fanatic

Posted Jul 27, 2007 @ 8:51 AM

I vote for Connecticunt.

ETA: I'd be way more impressed with the name "Californication" if it wasn't blatantly ripped off of The Red Hot Chilli Peppers circa 1999...

Edited by Porky, Jul 27, 2007 @ 8:54 AM.

Omar G

Omar G

Fanatic

Posted Jul 27, 2007 @ 11:02 AM

If we could do this to all 50 states, it would be quite an accomplishment. North Coralina, anyone?

We need to get Sufjan Stevens on the case.

Those were awesome. I'm (sniff) so proud... Sexual puns are my favorite.

SanLynn

SanLynn

Fanatic

Posted Jul 27, 2007 @ 3:25 PM

North Coralina isn't bad but I give that one to Wing Chun I think. I love it. North Carolanus. Bwahahahahaha. And I quite liked Kenfucky and Alawhambamma.

Oddly I'm looking forward to this show and I've never really considered myself a Duchovny fan. I blame it on the show title. I really liked that song.

ETA:

since TWoP seems to be interested in Showtime shows, can we get some recaps or at least weecaps of Weeds or Dexter? That would be awesome. Hope the show does well.

We must have Dexter! That show simply screams TWoP recaps. At least to me it does.

Edited by SanLynn, Jul 27, 2007 @ 6:27 PM.

Novus Questus

Novus Questus

Video Archivist

• Location:In front of my t.v. or computer. Or both. Like everyone else.
  • Interests:Considering the site, I'll start with the shows I like: BSG, Top Chef, Law and Order: SVU, Dexter, and House are on my must watch list, and I still mourn Deadwood. I will also watch various cartoons, when given the spare time. I have recently started pursuing Avatar: The Last Airbender enough to watch episodes online though.<br /><br />Other than that, well, I'm Jes(sica), an 20 year old college student (currently a nursing major) living in one of the several self proclaimed &quot;buckles&quot; of the Bible Belt. I'm an avid reader, kayak/canoe often, and have a fondness for pirates, sushi, and Puma shoes.

Posted Jul 29, 2007 @ 6:39 PM

In honor of my home state: Ho'ssouri.

And I also want to third the nomination for Dexter. That is a show made of awesome.

The Masses

The Masses

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2007 @ 8:01 PM

Novus Questus, fourthsies on Dexter. So TwoP friendly, someone would have a blast capping that show. Anyhoo, awesome that Showtime is getting some attention. I love Duchov.

TonyMich

TonyMich

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 9:46 AM

I have to shout out my home state: Georgiorgasm! C'MON!!!

The Masses

The Masses

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 11:44 AM

I don't think there was a New York one. New Pork?

Omar G

Omar G

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 12:18 PM

Nude York?

The Masses

The Masses

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 2:28 PM

Nude York?

Touche.

Wing Chun

Wing Chun

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 4:11 PM

New Wank?

The Masses

The Masses

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2007 @ 4:28 PM

New Wank?

Excellent! Maybe a little too accurate. I live there so I can say that.

New Jersey/New Jizzey

Sister Spooky

Sister Spooky

Fanatic

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 6:15 PM

When is the first episode going to air?

The Masses

The Masses

Fanatic

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 6:28 PM

August 13 is the premiere.

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

• Interests:http://myspace.com/roxievelma<br />http://lifetimemovieaddikt.blogspot.com

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 9:02 PM

So that means only 13 days until I get "The Girl I'll Never Have" by Linus of Hollywood out of my head? Thanks, Showtime.

buzmeg

buzmeg

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 4, 2007 @ 9:41 AM

Ala-fuckin-Bama

Hey everyone!

I'm interested in the show's concept and Duchovny getting back in the game but now since TWoP seems to be interested in Showtime shows, can we get some recaps or at least weecaps of Weeds or Dexter? That would be awesome. Hope the show does well.

I also echo the requests for Dexter and Weeds.

I never watched Weeds until I needed a replacement for The Sopranos, so I decided on Weeds. I watched all previous episodes (22 in all) this past week and simply fell in love with this show. The cast is marvelous and I LOVE Mary-Louise Parker.

Season three starts on Monday August 13th at 10:00PM. It goes back to back with Californication at 10:30PM.

Can't wait.

Edited by buzmeg, Aug 4, 2007 @ 10:51 AM.

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

Stalker

Posted Aug 5, 2007 @ 6:49 AM

ETA: I'd be way more impressed with the name "Californication" if it wasn't blatantly ripped off of The Red Hot Chilli Peppers circa 1999...

I'm trying to think of it as an homage. Also -- you people are naughty. Everyone in this thread, go wash your mouths out with soap, right now, while I call your parents. Tsk.

The Masses

The Masses

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2007 @ 10:15 PM

I'm trying to think of it as an homage. Also -- you people are naughty. Everyone in this thread, go wash your mouths out with soap, right now, while I call your parents. Tsk.

I just assumed that would be the theme song. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

echotwo

echotwo

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 6, 2007 @ 8:00 AM

I'll throw ohohOHIO! into the ring.

Duchovny must be over the moon! Nice fat paycheck for doing exactly what he loves to do. I wonder how long before his character starts showing tendencies toward homosexuality? I'll be reasonable and give it 8 episodes.