Mod Announcements: Please Read

• Please log in to reply

123 replies to this topic

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 24, 2007 @ 9:02 PM

Hi, all. I'd like to introduce myself as the new mod in these Project Runway forums. I know there hasn't been much activity in here in a while, and I kind of feel like I'm talking to an empty room, but this should give us lots of time to get to know each other before Season 4 finally starts.

I've been looking through the forums and changing some things around: closing some threads, merging some others. For example, there were two apparently identical Spoiler threads, so I merged them into one. All information or discussion about spoilers should go there. I've also closed the Bitterness thread. I want to have threads not for tone/emotion but for topic where all opinions about that topic can be expressed. Discussion is incomplete when certain types of opinions are sequestered or silenced, and bitterness or love threads often create a divisive atmosphere I'd like to avoid. So, state whatever opinion you have regarding the show in the topic-appropriate thread. Then discuss!

I'll probably continue to look around and change some things for a bit, and I may need to ask your advice on what some threads are for if it's unclear. On the other hand, if you have an idea for a thread that you'd like to start, go ahead and do that. If it seems unnecessary, I'll just close it later, though new threads probably won't be necessary until the new season starts. Also, if you think I should rename a thread to make its topic clearer, let me know.

As far as rules and such things go, they're in the FAQ and the Dos and Don'ts. I don't think it's a bad idea to reread them every once in a while to see if anything new has popped up since the last time you read them.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send me a PM. I might not always respond, but I will read them all.

Edited by TWoP Nikita, Apr 4, 2008 @ 12:22 AM.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 16, 2007 @ 8:27 PM

Sometime this weekend, we should be getting the second Project Runway subforum adjusted for Season 4. Once that subforum is changed and all the Season 3 threads are moved out, you can start creating threads for the S4 designers in there if you like. When creating thread titles, please be sure to use the existing format of Season: Designer's Name. So a new thread for a Season 4 designer would look like this

S4: Donald Duck

If you do want to create a designer thread, be sure that you have something to say about the designer and don't just create a thread to say "Here's where we can discuss Donald Duck." Making sure you have something to say when creating threads is in keeping with site guidelines stated here. An acceptable first post for a thread would be something like: "I'm concerned about Donald's creativity and design ability since he always seems to be wearing the same sailor-type outfit with the same blue color scheme. Also, I've heard him speak a couple of times in the ads, and I find him really difficult to understand." It doesn't have to be profound, just a jumping-off point for subsequent conversation.

I'm going to leave this thread unlocked for now in case you have questions about threads you'd like to create or where certain discussions would be on- or off-topic for the coming season.

Edited by TWoP Nikita, Oct 16, 2007 @ 8:29 PM.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 22, 2007 @ 2:18 PM

If you haven't seen it yet, there's been some slight reorganization of the Project Runway forums. We now have a Designers subforum which is where all current season designer and designer-related threads should go. It's a pretty empty subforum at the moment, so if you have something you want to say about one of the new Season 4 designers, go ahead and start a thread there for him or her.

Because of this reorganization, current season episode threads will now go here in General Gabbery. However, no change has been made to the Past Seasons subforum: as always, all past season threads go there.

I've seen quite a few people posting here who also post in the Top Chef forums, so this organization will be familiar to you. If you're not familiar with it and are curious to see how it works over there, go ahead and take a look.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 30, 2007 @ 12:48 AM

I wanted to let you all know that I will be away from the forums for the next several days and Mars will be filling in for me during that time if anything should come up.

seffina

seffina

Stalker

Posted Dec 2, 2007 @ 7:24 PM

I know you closed down the survivor game, but I was wondering what happened to the previous season survivor games? We had them for models ever week and the designers every week. They were very popular. There are also threads for drinking games, PR mad libs, and letters to PR contestants. So.. we used to have a lot of games for PR. They never really got a section. They went in the season 2 or season 3 sections when they were around.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 3, 2007 @ 2:08 AM

I honestly have no idea what happened to older survival games. I don't recall seeing them when I came on board in this forum in July. There is a drinking game thread on the second page of General Gabbery, though. I've sort of grandfathered in existing game threads, so that one's still around.

Mother Hubbard

Mother Hubbard

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 3, 2007 @ 9:48 AM

SoŚwill we be getting a "Name the Threads" thread in the Designers subforum?

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 3, 2007 @ 12:59 PM

There was an old Nicknames thread -- which hasn't been used in two years -- that I've just moved over to the Designers subforum. You can use that if you want.

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2008 @ 12:17 AM

Is it at all possible to get somebody to fix up a few of the links on the recaps page? I have been catching up on the show and reading recaps and have found that a few of the links have screwed up for some reason. Two things I've found are:

- Link for Part 1 of the Season 2 Finale links to the first part of the Season 3 Finale
- Link for reunion show of Season 3 links to reunion show for season 2.

Thanks

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 6, 2008 @ 1:20 AM

That's a known technical issue that's being worked on.

tribbles

tribbles

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2008 @ 7:58 PM

You have the wrong month in the date to unlock the next episode thread.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 8, 2008 @ 9:18 PM

And here I thought I'd be typing the wrong year in, not the wrong month. It's fixed. Thanks.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 7, 2008 @ 3:15 AM

This is just a general reminder because of the upcoming Project Runway designers' shows during fashion week.

Even though information about the shows will be in the press, it's still a spoiler for Project Runway. So any information about or discussion of information about what Chris, Christian, Jillian, Rami, or Sweet P are or are not doing during the fashion week shows needs to stay in the Spoiler Thread.

Once any information about the last five designers is revealed on Project Runway, then it's no longer a spoiler and can be discussed in all the usual places.

Edited by TWoP Nikita, Feb 7, 2008 @ 3:16 AM.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 14, 2008 @ 2:00 AM

Since we know she's out, discussion of Sweet P's fashion week collection is no longer a spoiler and can be discussed in the appropriate non-spoiler thread(s), which will most likely be her thread.

tweedlefrack

tweedlefrack

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 22, 2008 @ 4:58 PM

There is a major spoiler about who the final three are in the recaplet for the reunion episode. I was upset that it was in the recap when the reunion episode itself didn't mention that information at all. I wish I hadn't read it and would not have read the recaplet had I known there was a spoiler in it.

phairgame

phairgame

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2008 @ 5:29 PM

You might want to re-read--I think Jeff just was stating who the designers thought would win and none of them mentioned Chris. At the time the show was taped, the look-off hadn't happened yet.

None of us know who the final three are--how could there be a spoiler?

Edited by phairgame, Feb 22, 2008 @ 5:31 PM.

tweedlefrack

tweedlefrack

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 22, 2008 @ 11:21 PM

Thank you for responding. I just re-read it. The phrase that I thought was a spoiler was "Even though Rami hasn't been passed through to the end..." I'm not sure what else that can mean except that that person is not in the final three. Of course, I'll watch and if [this person] IS in the final three...then, I apologize for mis-understanding. I do appreciate you responding.

ETA: I just re-re-read it and see what you mean now. Sorry.

Edited by tweedlefrack, Feb 22, 2008 @ 11:23 PM.

CarlsbadCat

CarlsbadCat

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 24, 2008 @ 3:02 AM

I actually appreciated the separate thread for the "Sew Not Over" topic. Bravo seems to be treating the online runway show as a separate event in itself, since the viewers will be picking the winner. Also, it would be convenient to discuss and compare the collections without having to post individual comments in each designer's thread.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 24, 2008 @ 12:51 PM

Bravo does seem to be treating it that way, yes, but it's not aired on television. It's web content only and is thus peripheral to the aired show. Unlike the aired episodes, peripheral material about the show needs to be discussed in threads with broader topics. This topic is too specific and limited to have its own thread.

CareBear080787

CareBear080787

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2008 @ 1:10 PM

Would it be possible to have a Project Runway Online topic? Where we could discuss Sew Not Over as well as things like Tim's Take or Michael Kors blog as well as all the other blogs on bravotv.com?

GinevradiBenci

GinevradiBenci

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2008 @ 1:17 PM

I would love an Online topic - it would cover a lot and also provide one location for Sew Not Over, so things can be compared, which can't really happen in the individual designer threads.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 25, 2008 @ 2:50 AM

There's a thread for discussion of the Bravo webpage. But Tim's Take and Kors's blog are things that are probably best discussed in Tim's and Kors's threads, since they are comments each of them makes about the show.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 22, 2008 @ 1:42 AM

Just letting you all know that I will away from computers for the next several weeks, and while I'm gone, other moderators will be filling in for me here, starting with Bayliss.

Also, I am going to disable my PMs while I'm away so that none sit there unanswered. Things are pretty slow here now that it's the off-season, but if anything comes up that needs moderator attention, please use the Tech Issues forum or the Mod Announcements thread.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 1, 2008 @ 7:22 AM

I'll be your substitute moderator through Saturday.

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:22 AM

Tennison is so last season and I've suddenly become very fashionable. But only for a week, as I'll be totally out after next Saturday. Until then, I'll be moderating around here.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:22 AM.

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 15, 2008 @ 1:37 PM

Aaaand it's my turn!

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 22, 2008 @ 2:05 AM

I'm back in.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 24, 2008 @ 11:57 PM

Since the new season will be starting in a few weeks, I've moved all the Season 4 episode and designer threads to the Past Seasons subforum. This leaves the Designers subforum almost empty at the moment, so feel free to start threads for the Season 5 designers if you have something to stay about them. Please format designer thread titles like this:

S5 - Donald Duck

and be sure to read the FAQ on starting threads if you haven't in a while. Thanks.

HyeChaps

HyeChaps

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2008 @ 10:22 PM

Will there be a "Name the Thread" thread?

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 14, 2008 @ 10:30 PM

For the Desingers subforum? Yes, it's still there from last season, just down on the second page now. Feel free to post suggestions.