3-8: "Day 8" 2007.07.23 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

399 replies to this topic

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 2:38 PM

From Zap2it:

Chef Ramsay combines the remaining five chefs into one team; the chefs must compete head-to-head with individual dishes to impress trendsetters; two contestants have a heated power-struggle; chef Ramsay makes a heartfelt offer.

Edited by TWoP Nikita, Jul 23, 2007 @ 12:30 AM.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2007 @ 5:01 PM

Hi, folks. Before the posting about the episode starts, I want to point out other threads where certain topics not directly relevant to this episode should be discussed instead.

Discussion of previews for upcoming episodes should go in the Speculation thread. Discussion of upcoming episodes that involves knowledge of spoilers needs to stay in the Spoiler thread. If talk about food moves away from focus on this episode and becomes food talk in general, it should go in the Kitchen Basics thread. The same is true of discussion about contestants: if it strays from focus on this episode and becomes contestant talk in general, it needs to go in the appropriate contestant thread.

Thanks.

mysticowl

mysticowl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2007 @ 9:00 PM

I thought Julia would win the High School challenge, because an average high schooler would choose Waffle House food over something fancy on an average day. However, I was still disappointed in her grilled cheese sandwich. Surely even the Waffle House menu can offer something a bit more interesting.
Besides, I remember High School lunch. I was starving, a grilled cheese sandwich wouldn't be enough to last me the rest of the day.

Rock, you have been scheming since the moment you got to Hell's Kitchen, so don't even fucking dare bitch at Bonnie for not taking the heat for you. And as for "I've never put anyone down to make myself look good" - bullshit. Why didn't you help Josh last week? Hypocritical ass.

I was afraid that if Bonnie would put up Julia, she'd go home. But it was nice to see that everyone's expectations were correct - Gordon Ramsay really does appreciate her talent so much that he'll personally invest in her career and education. With culinary school as well as this experience under her belt, she'll be great.

P.S. Two women and a man again for top 3.
P.P.S. Previews: BONNIE yelling at Chef Ramsay? Woah.

mak224

mak224

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 23, 2007 @ 9:00 PM

Don't give a crap who wins now.

crystalsage

crystalsage

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2007 @ 9:01 PM

I cried when Julia was eliminated, but I was also touched bt Grrr's "gesture." I hate Rock.

MyEyesSee

MyEyesSee

Fanatic

Say it ain’t so! We all knew it could happen, but damn. Julia’s my girl. .

Get out! GET OUT! Damn, Josh, you’re a bloody sous chef. How could you screw up spaghetti and risotto after all this time? He and Rock should have just had a dick measuring contest and been done with it.

I used to like Rock, but he’s an ass.

I hate all the others: Jen the garbage girl, Bonnie who’s never worked in a real professional kitchen and Rock, the ass. Blech!

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

It was the best of eliminations, it was the worst of eliminations.

Thankful that Josh is finally tossed, but Julia...ah well. Her one really bad service and she had to go. But glad to see as many have predicted that GRr sees talent in her and is sending her to cunilary school a la Troy on The Apprentice 1. Love you, Waffle House lady!

Meanwhile, Bonnie is still here. And Rock is still scary.

TVGuy88

TVGuy88

Couch Potato

• Interests:Besides television.... Weather, World Events, Politics, the Internet, Aviation, Earthquakes

Josh being literally thrown out... HOLY CRAP. That was incredible.

Julia won the challenge with a grilled cheese? I was initially shocked but it was high schoolers judging(I was there not long ago).

Rock vs. Jen... sheesh.

Bye-Bye Julia. I'm very surprised you made it this far... Ramsey's offer was really nice.

Edited by TVGuy88, Jul 23, 2007 @ 9:02 PM.

sendtoscott

sendtoscott

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2007 @ 9:02 PM

Two eliminations in one night? Won't that throw off the schedule?

Crimson Belle

Crimson Belle

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2007 @ 9:02 PM

Didn't Ramsey pretty much invite Julia to be on Hell's Kitchen again after culinary school? At least that means more Julia for us, assuming the show gets renewed.

I Choose Me

I Choose Me

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 23, 2007 @ 9:03 PM

Same here.

Although GR was really really sweet to Julia. Hopefully we'll see her on HK again & watch her win it all.

foultemptress

foultemptress

Fanatic

Aww, Ramsay's soft side almost made me teary. Julia is going to do very well. And, uh, bye, Josh!

Bunny Mittens

Bunny Mittens

Fanatic

a grilled cheese sandwich wouldn't be enough to last me the rest of the day.

It had chicken in it as well.

i don't care who wins now. The Nanny, the man who needs anger m anagement, or the horse-faced transvestive.

i've lost all faith in Gordon Ramsey.

AwNutz

AwNutz

Fanatic

Holy CRAP! I didn't see the ousting in the middle of service coming. I figured he'd be dumped at the end like normal. The guy sucked, but still. Kinda satisfying, though.

Sorry to see Julia go, but I think I can see the limitations she has right now. While she's got great leadership qualities, and learns quickly, I think there's too much for her to learn to run a fine dining establishment just yet. I think it's wonderful that not only did Ramsay offer to pay her tuition, but told her to try for the show again after she'd completed it. I think she's going to be VERY successful once she gets through culinary school.

Rock couldn't stand having someone stand up to him, and had yet another hissy fit in the kitchen. Jen pisses me off, but I commend her for not letting him walk all over her either.

TorranceShipman

TorranceShipman

Channel Surfer

My cold little heart grew ten sizes during the end of the episode; that was quite touching. As if I didn't love GRr enough already!

auntlada

auntlada

Fanatic

Is it wrong to tear up at a reality show? If it is, well, too bad. I did anyway. And I was pretty sure Julia was leaving from the episode description.

I figured Rock would be the one thrown out of the kitchen, though, because of his temper. Blowing up like that isn't like him? What world is he living in?

kelzoo

kelzoo

Couch Potato

Good-bye Julia, you were enjoyed.

I hope you kick ass at culinary school.

Mia Nina

Mia Nina

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2007 @ 9:04 PM

I can't stand Josh, but every single time he got yelled at, I felt so bad for him. Tonight was just woah, poor kid. But, it's the show he signed up for.

Julia..... You're the true winner anyway. Even the Chef knew.

I forgot to add I'm now rooting for Rock.

Edited by Mia Nina, Jul 23, 2007 @ 9:04 PM.

CarpalFunnel

CarpalFunnel

Loyal Viewer

So bogus. My heart is broken. I could give a crap about these three now.

It would be awesome if Julia did come back in a future season, though.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

I was so proud of Julia. I had a feeling she'd be the one to receive the heartfelt gesture, because everybody else has been an ass at one time or another, and she was consistently a nice person. Leave it to Julia to understand WHO she was cooking for, and her food was the most popular. I love Gordon Ramsey; he saw Julia's potential and it willing to invest in it. For all his demonic screaming, he really can be a class act.

However, it's already been said.

I'm not watching the show anymore. Julia's gone, so I'm gone.

TVGuy88

TVGuy88

Couch Potato

• Interests:Besides television.... Weather, World Events, Politics, the Internet, Aviation, Earthquakes

Two eliminations in one night? Won't that throw off the schedule?

No. I already checked and the finale will be split over 2 weeks(rather than a 2-hour finale all in one night), so August 13th is the finale.

Readster

Readster

Fanatic

Oh Julia, I'm going to miss you. I was afraid she was going to be eliminated if she was put up. I really was hoping she make it to the final 3.

Rock, you have been scheming since the moment you got to Hell's Kitchen, so don't even fucking dare bitch at Bonnie for not taking the heat for you. And as for "I've never put anyone down to make myself look good" - bullshit. Why didn't you help Josh last week? Hypocritical ass.

I know I've just had it with him. I really want him to get the hell off the show. I'm not a fan of Jen after her garbage situation but I rather have her or Bonnie win before Rock. Really, Rock just needs to go.

shelly59

shelly59

Loyal Viewer

Good on ya' Julia. So very happy for her. Rock? Jeebus, what a whiney, hypocritical ass. I hope Bonnie sends him packing next week...

katie1341

katie1341

Channel Surfer

I got all weepy when GRrr said he was going to send Julia to culinary school. It obviously killed him to have to eliminate her- he sees a little of himself in her.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Jul 23, 2007 @ 9:05 PM

Seriously. Well, I want Rock/Jen to be the final 2, because as much as I dislike them personally, they've been a lot more solid then Bonnie. Bonnie had a great service, but that doesn't make up her crap services, throughout the show. So, go trashdiver and arrogant jackass, who speaks in third person.

I'm glad Julia went out, on a high note. She really did improve, and I'm glad Gordon saw the talent, people like Tiffany and Melissa, didn't see. Also glad Josh went out, like a punk. Incompetent ass.

Shut up, Rock. You've schemed, throughout this whole show. Your pretty much killing yourself, everytime you speak. You've offically lost me, for good.

No matter how this ends, Juila was the star, and I will feel sorry for Gordon, since he's pretty much picking between crap, spit, and puke.

CarpalFunnel

CarpalFunnel

Loyal Viewer

And Bonnie can go to hell for nominating her.

bsouthgirl

bsouthgirl

Channel Surfer

I still don't think that Julia deserved to go before Bonnie, but unfortunately at this point one service, good or bad, can make or break you.
It was actually not very smart of Bonnie to nominate Julia, she should have nominated Jen, and eliminated the more seasoned competitor. But I don't think that any of us are surprised at the ending this week.

Fave moment: GRrrr throws a spoon at Josh on his way out the door.

The Evil One

The Evil One

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2007 @ 9:06 PM

I just hate that Bonnie is still there rather than Julia. Yes, Rock was a real dick in the kitchen tonight, but looking at a season-long competition, of who is left he and Jen deserve to be there. Bonnie has been terrible over and over and saved by the fact that people were more terrible than she was. I didn't expect Julia to take it all (though I hoped), but to be undone by the girl who throws out good monkfish? Yeesh.

I was touched by GR's gesture towards Julia. I never thought HK could elicit an emotion other than laughter, but damn if GR and Julia's departure didn't do it tonight!

Halloween Mojo

Halloween Mojo

Fanatic

• Interests:Halloween and the Duke Blue Devils men's basketball team.

No fucking way. Julia is better than all three of those assholes put together. I feel so badly for GR. He should have ditched Rock's ass, though. Julia is a WAY better cook.

Julia, Julia, Julia. Why on Earth did you have to take Jen to Vegas, of all people? I can think of one billion other things I would rather hear than Jen's voice when she is excited about something.

I still can't stand Jen. Weirdly enough, I was hoping Julia would take Josh, because Jen and Bonnie are so damn snobby with her. And Rock is working my last nerve with his attitude.

But good job Julia. I knew her dish would win. High school kids DO NOT want to eat froufrou goat cheese, no matter how much Bonnie talked up its "fried"-ness.

Scratch that above. I can't stand Jen's voice any time. And was she CHAWING on her gum during service? Gross!

I really thought that GR was going to beat Josh on Josh's way out of the kitchen.

Oh no. Bonnie really is Virginia.

Shut up, Jen. You weren't blameless at all. Yeah, Rock was a total dick, but I didn't exactly see Jen keeping her stupid comments to her stupid self.

Bye Julia. You're awesome.

CJohnson

CJohnson

Video Archivist

Julia chose the right kind of thing for the challenge. It provided a nice chance to see what Heather was doing as well.

It was only a matter of time with Josh but that exit was a bit theatrical even for the Chef. Have to wonder if Ramsey had that in the back of his mind if Josh didn't improve to see how the others would adjust to one less person in the middle of a service. I laughed out loud when Rock started talking about teamwork. This from a guy constantly talking about competition and who left Josh out to dry. The fact that he is still around with that 'tude is a testament to how strong he is in the kitchen but he could lose it if he doesn't control himself better than the last few weeks.

I think it became pretty clear how this week was going to play out a few minutes in to the service. I think it was looking more and more likely the last couple of weeks that Julia's lack of knowledge in some areas was going to keep her from winning it, but it was still sad to see her go. I'm glad that she is getting the opportunity to go to culinary school and hope that she does come back on the show.

I'd probably categorize it 1. Jen, 2. Rock, 3. Bonnie, but obviously anybody can win at this point.