The Tour: Coming to a City Near You

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2086 replies to this topic

cagewench

cagewench

Fanatic

• Interests:So You Think You Can Dance, How I Met Your Mother, Fringe, Comic Book Men, Alphas, Don't Trust the B in Apt 23, Castle, Switched at Birth, Survivor, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Dexter, True Blood, Torchwood, and cancelled shows like: BTVS, Angel, Firefly, Dark Angel, Roswell, Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, Battlestar Galactica, Tru Calling, Smallville, Wonder Woman, Black Adder, Reaper, the 4400, Coupling (UK) Pushing Daisies, Heroes, and many more.

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 7:46 AM

I have noticed tour talk in various threads and I thought it might be beneficial to everyone if all our previous season's tour talk and our current season tour speculation were in one place so it would be easier to keep track of.

Last year the tour consisted of the Top Ten and then 2 alternates who had been eliminated far earlier -- Jessica and Jaymz.

Although they replaced various dancers in various routines, they were not showcased at all with any of their previous paired dances (much to my dismay).

This time around, rumour has it that there will be 14 dancers going on the tour.

How this will effect the tour (as in which routines will be used) is entirely up for speculation at this point.

And for new viewers this season, in the finale last season the jidges and dancers picked their favourite routines (though I think there was manipulation there too) from the season and one new routine by two non-final fourers was performed and all of those were shown on the tour.

So this season our Top Ten is:

1. Kameron
2. Lacey
3. Sara
4. Sabra
5. Pasha
6. Danny
7. Neil
8. Jaimie
9. Dominic
10. Lauren

Who are the other 2 (or 4) people you want to see on the tour?

Right now, I want:

Jesus
Anya
Shauna
and Hok or Ricky

Edited by cagewench, Jul 20, 2007 @ 9:28 AM.

Aceon6

Aceon6

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 8:11 AM

If only 12 dancers are chosen, I suspect that they'll bring Hok for the hummingbird dance and Anya for a hot, smoky dance with Pasha.
If 14, I think they might bring Jesus and Shauna because both seem to be versatile and durable.

cagewench

cagewench

Fanatic

• Interests:So You Think You Can Dance, How I Met Your Mother, Fringe, Comic Book Men, Alphas, Don't Trust the B in Apt 23, Castle, Switched at Birth, Survivor, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Dexter, True Blood, Torchwood, and cancelled shows like: BTVS, Angel, Firefly, Dark Angel, Roswell, Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, Battlestar Galactica, Tru Calling, Smallville, Wonder Woman, Black Adder, Reaper, the 4400, Coupling (UK) Pushing Daisies, Heroes, and many more.

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 8:22 AM

I would love to see Jesus and Shauna. And I too feel they are likely to bring Hok and Anya because I can't see them bringing Jessi after all that went on.

RaeleeBlue

RaeleeBlue

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 11:34 AM

In a TVGuide Backstage Report, Mary had the following to say about alternates on the tour:

"The two who went out today will be the alternates on the tour," says judge Mary Murphy. "We always have to have two or three alternates go along, so I don't think the fans are going to be disappointed in that department. Hok will be out there by popular demand. And I think Anya will be there, too, if they'll both sign up to do it. And I'm sure they will."

justmy2cents

justmy2cents

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 11:39 AM

Mary had the following to say about alternates on the tour:

*Cheers* *Fireworks* *Bands playing* Thank you, Raelee Blue. That's just what I wanted to hear.

blackbird67

blackbird67

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 11:41 AM

EEEEE! *squee* I hope it's true so I guess it softens the blow of Anya's elimination....

DancerStef

DancerStef

Channel Surfer

• Interests:Dance.

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 11:46 AM

Last year was amazing if you ask me. Hmm, I went to the last city of the tour (Providence, RI) And we got to see some nice surprises like hmm Travis wearing Heidi's dress? Haha.

But definitly would love to see Hok and Shauna go on tour, and Ricky, but I go to West Coast every year so I see him anyways.

SummerSun

SummerSun

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 12:01 PM

The 4 alternates?
Easy decision. I'd choose Hok, Anya, Jesus and Shauna.

Zuleikha

Zuleikha

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 12:16 PM

Yeah, I'd choose the same. Actually, what I'd do is have Jesus and Shauna as the contemporary dance umbrella swings, Jesus as the male ballroom dance swing (but really, just tell Pasha never to be injured!), Anya as the female ballroom dance swing, Hok as the male hip hop swing, and I guess Shauna as the hip hop female swing by default. But I'd put the flower-hummingbird dance on and I'd definitely have a Pasha-Anya Latin dance number, probably either a rumba or a samba. So Hok and Anya would be a combination alternate and featured. This assumes that there are enough good dances out of the next set of performance nights that I don't need the Danny-Anya Viennese Waltz or foxtrot.

jkpolk

jkpolk

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 12:19 PM

Good to have reasonable assurance that Hok and Anya will be there. I hope they do actually allow their routines in the tour then instead of just using them as understudies as was the way with Jaymz and Jessica.

Of course, if they ARE going to incorporate their routines and have them "by popular demand" then it also negates the idea of it being a top ten tour at all. It's a top 12 tour, with possibly extra alternates.

I love how the producers and such just wing it with this show. (the love is sarcastic). Last year they were shocked by the popularity so they cobbled together a tour. This year they planned the tour, but it's messed with their judging integrity and now they're trying to quiet the grumbling masses by beefing it up. :)

Skipper783

Skipper783

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 12:22 PM

I would most definitely have Jesus and Shauna be alternates. I'd like to see more from Anya. I wish we could dump Neil and Lauren and bring back Ricky and Jimmy instead. *le sigh* If there's no Jesus on this tour, they aren't getting my money.

jkpolk

jkpolk

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 12:25 PM

If there's no Jesus on this tour, they aren't getting my money

Aww man, but the cost to resurrect him every night is astronomical.

reinoe

reinoe

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 12:35 PM

"The two who went out today will be the alternates on the tour," says judge Mary Murphy. "We always have to have two or three alternates go along, so I don't think the fans are going to be disappointed in that department. Hok will be out there by popular demand. And I think Anya will be there, too, if they'll both sign up to do it. And I'm sure they will."

Mary Murphy continues to prove her incompetence. I'm sure she meant to say "The people eliminated yesterday get the first opportunity to be alternates and I hope they sign up to do it". That whole "popular demand" comment is unnecessary and brings up speculation that Jessi is coming back.

Aceon6

Aceon6

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 1:21 PM

Agree. There's no way they'd take a chance on Jessi, mostly because of the durability factor. Fragile dancers need not apply to be understudies.

Starfruit

Starfruit

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 1:26 PM

Even if they are alternates, Hok and Anya that is, according to reports from last year, they will only perform if one of the dancers are sick or injured.

cagewench

cagewench

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 1:31 PM

The producers could change the whole concept of the tour this year though as last year was sort of an experiment I think...

Plechazunga

Plechazunga

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 1:33 PM

Since we're talking about a group of people in close quarters for an extended period of time who have to perform rigorous routines on a regular basis, I'd think the chances of a couple dancers tweaking an ankle or getting the flu are pretty high, so Hokya would get their chances.

jkpolk

jkpolk

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 1:37 PM

The producers could change the whole concept of the tour this year though as last year was sort of an experiment I think...

I agree...they have room to change it and make it what they want. But to have the alternates be anything more than...alternates...contradicts with them stressing that the Top Ten is important in terms of who makes it on the tour. Either it's the "Top Ten" with understudies, or it's the "Top Ten, Twelve, or Whatever We're in the Mood For." As usual with these clowns, they don't have a firm grasp on what they want to accomplish. (Besides make money.)

Maybe they don't really care about what the alternates dance...whether they make it onstage or not...and will just count on people buying tickets for the chance to meet them at the busses, having danced or not?

(Not that I can deny how much I want to meet Hok and Anya whether they dance or not...I can have contempt for their greed even while being a sucker. :) )

Pixigal

Pixigal

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 1:38 PM

In addition, Jessica or Jaymz performed whenever there was a timing conflict - i.e. a costume change for the next number for example.

But I also feel that the judges will be more flexible with the tour this year because I do think they want to include the Hummingbird number. Plus, it could not have failed to escape their notice that Hok is very popular. If I were the judges I would include a segment called The Alternates Dance. Have it right before Intermission and have the Viennese waltz flow into the Hummingbird. Stage darkens. Intermission.

Ghost Dog

Ghost Dog

Stalker

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 1:40 PM

Can someone explain to me how things were set up in last year's tour? I didnt see it, but from what I can gather in the results topic, they showcase various partner dances from the season, instead of new choreography? Or is it a mix of both? What about people who's "permanent partner" doesnt make the top 10 (like Natalie)? WHat do they do? Thanks! I think this will help me understand some of the discussions in the other topics a bit better.

jkpolk

jkpolk

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 1:48 PM

Can someone explain to me how things were set up in last year's tour? I didnt see it, but from what I can gather in the results topic, they showcase various partner dances from the season, instead of new choreography? Or is it a mix of both? What about people who's "permanent partner" doesnt make the top 10 (like Natalie)? WHat do they do? Thanks! I think this will help me understand some of the discussions in the other topics a bit better.

Last year it was partner dances (mostly) from the show, solos for each of the top 10, and expanded group routines.

A couple of partner things made it that hadn't been on the show...Natalie and Dmitry's finale latin routine, and them doing a piece of the Disco montage, probably because both of their partners from the first half of the season didn't make it to the tour and they needed more stage time.

The group routines if I recall were ones from the show modified...like the Technologic top 20 one, Ramalama, Benjelle's hairspray morphed into group for the encore, Disco, Poison..etc.

The majority of the choreo from the tour was stuff already on TV, with additions and changes to help the flow of the whole show experience.

I can't think of any routines used that originally had a different partner, except for Ivan and Martha doing Krump and that wasn't because Travis wasn't there, just a choice to make it part of a hip-hop montage.

I'm probably forgetting some stuff which is alarming because I saw the tour three times and was a crazy little 30 year old fangirl, but still..hope that helps. :)

ETA: Oooh, forgot to add the Natalie and Travis contemp routine which was brand new, choreographed by Travis. Loved that.

Edited by jkpolk, Jul 20, 2007 @ 1:49 PM.

cagewench

cagewench

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 1:51 PM

I would really want to see Jesus and Sara do their Wade routine too!

Speaking of the tour, since this is the thread for it, what routines so far would you want to see on the tour?

Lacey/Kam - Mia contemporary
Jesus/Sara - Wade vagabond cabaret
Pasha/Sara - WCS ala Benji
Pasha/Anya - doing the one Jessi did the night she was cut
Danny/Anya - one of the earlier ballroom pieces
Sabra/Dom - I liked the Shane Sparks hip hop
Neil/Shauna - Mia contemporary he did with Lauren this wk
Hok/Jaimie - their Wade routine

And group routines - I really enjoyed last night's one by Jean-Marc and the Wade one where everyone looked beatniky

I'd also love them to create a few NEW routines that you couldn't see unless you went to the tour of course I would really REALLY like to see Jesus dance something done by Mia (hoping that he gets to tour of course).

seltzer4

seltzer4

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 2:02 PM

The thing is if it was only the top 10 performing on the tour,we would have the following performances not on tour.

Week 1- (Pop, Waltz, Jive, Broadway, Hip Hop (Hok & Jamie))
Week 2 -(Waltz, Stiff Jazz)
Week 3 - (Krump, Cha Cha, Jazz,
Week 5 - (Foxtrot)

The only ones we have left are.
Week 1- (Contemporary)
Week 2- (Contemporary)
Week 3 - (Rumba)
Week 4 - (West Coast Swing, Hip Hop)

provencal

provencal

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 2:10 PM

If I were TPTB, I would get Pasha and Anya to do the cha cha, and Hok and Jaimie do hummingbird routine on tour. Anya and Hok would not be in the group numbers or do solos unless someone is injured. If the producers want this tour to be bigger and better, they can play around with the format all they want. Last year, we didn't realize they would take 2 alternates of their own choosing.
The show and the tour are two separate things. The special thing about the top ten show is from now on, America decides. (and not stupid Wade Robson, sorry, bitterness here)

Aludra

Aludra

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 2:12 PM

I know she's an outside shot, but I'd love to have Jessi on the tour. I really wish we could have seen her hip hop and I think having her and Anya as back-ups would be sufficient what with three of the five girls in the top ten as contemporaries.

Hok and Jesus need to be there.

Routines I'd like to see:

Jesus/Sara - Vagabond Cabaret
Pasha/Jessi - Jazz
Danny/Anya - Waltz
Sabra/Dominic - Hip Hop and Contemporary
Hok/Jaimie - Hummingbird/Flower

Yeah, I realize four of those are with people who have been eliminated. (Thanks, Judges!) If I'm being more realistic and well-rounded in styles (pretending there aren't 80 upcoming routines to consider), predictions/wishes would be:

Pasha/Jessi - Jazz (sub Sabra or... yeah, Sabra for Jessi)
Danny/Anya - Waltz (Special Appearance)
Sabra/Dominic - Hip Hop
Hok/Jaimie - Hummingbird/Flower (Special Appearance)
Lacey/Kameron - Contemporary
Pasha/Sara - WCS

cagewench

cagewench

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 4:14 PM

I doubt they'd even consider Jessi re: her health concerns

provencal

provencal

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 4:23 PM

Pasha/Jessi - Jazz (sub Sabra or... yeah, Sabra for Jessi)

I think they'd pair him with Lacey for that since Latin is her specialty.

blackbird67

blackbird67

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 5:40 PM

Really stupid question,

So how did the alternates work out last tour? Did they fly with the rest of the Top 10 to all the cities and just hang around until they were called upon? Or were certain cities picked for the alternates?

Joy217

Joy217

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 8:34 PM

Last year it was partner dances (mostly) from the show, solos for each of the top 10, and expanded group routines.

This is what annoys me about last night's elimination of Anya. I don't know about everyone else that went to see the tour, but I didn't go to watch Benji dance solos all night long. I went to watch great PARTNER dances and GROUP routines. Therefore, it is really stupid to cut Anya who is a particularly good partner because she doesn't dance well solo. We still have plenty of partner dances left on the show too. Stupid Nigel.

I have to say most of my favorite routines to date all involve a dancer that won't be on the tour except in the alternate capacity so I don't know if I will be interested in going this year. I went last year and really enjoyed it, but I'm pretty bitter about Lauren getting to dance in the tour instead of Anya.

Zigzag

Zigzag

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2007 @ 12:56 AM

What I'd like to see on the tour :

Rickey/Ashlee (Argentine tango. With both has alternates)
Lauren/Neil (Salsa)
Lauren/Neil (tango)
Cedric/Shauna (Contemporary. With both has alternates)
Lacey/Kameron (Hip Hop)

Couldn't care less about Dom/Sabra, Danny and Pasha.

Yes, I am of course kidding. I'm just a very bitter Canadian who won't get to go to the tour. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get a new pair of hands since the ones that I used to have have suddenly caught on fire. Something to do with having to physically type this up.