Spoilers & Discussion: The Judges Said What?!

• Please log in to reply

12756 replies to this topic

shalia17

shalia17

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 11:10 AM

Finally, no more black bars of doom. Talk about all the spoilers you've heard, here.

TripleTimeStep

TripleTimeStep

Video Archivist

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 12:59 PM

Since this was in the mainstream media today, I don't know if it still qualifies as a spoiler, but we now know who at least two of the Top 20 (15?) are. Nigel says in USA Today that Lacey Schwimmer and Danny Tidwell (Travis' brother) both made it.

I'm calling it now: the two of them, plus Jamie Goodwin, whom Travis has been pimping since last season and whom I've heard has also made it, are three of your final four. I'm more certain about Danny and Jamie than about Lacey, but I believe she will be carried by a combination of her own prowess and Benji's popularity (his fans will support her to support him).

Hyper Critical

Hyper Critical

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 1:05 PM

Thanks for the link TripleTimeStep so happy about this:

The cash prize this season is $250,000.

Finally a more adequate prize that will reward anybody who wins.

So pleased that Danny made it, Lacey - I start with a clean slate, but I've already commented elsewhere about my feelings on this. I wonder if Jaimie and Deja made it through? Jaimie and Danny auditioned in NYC and Deja in Atlanta if reports are correct.

eta: Danny was in the corps of ABT, you can also check him out here but I'd hurry up about it, because it looks like it might be blocked soon. One more thing about Danny, he is not Travis' brother by blood, Denise Wall took him in and treated him as a son, but I don't think there was a formal adoption involved.

Edited by Hyper Critical, May 24, 2007 @ 1:25 PM.

shalia17

shalia17

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 1:15 PM

I'm excited to hear Lacey made it. As a Benji fan I'm prepared to not let it bias my opinion. I just hope she does well but I won't be giving her any special treatment if she doesn't.

I don't know much about Danny except for what I've read here. I like to dance but more in my room than in a studio and I don't follow the scene too much. Is he pretty popular dance world already?

provencal

provencal

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 1:20 PM

AAACK!!! I've got a class tonight, so I'll miss the first episode. My brother says you can catch full episodes on the internet somewhere. I can't tape it unfortunately. (and I've been waiting all YEAR for this!)

ShellBen

ShellBen

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 1:29 PM

SO excited to see Lacey dance. I've seen a couple west coast swing videos of her on youtube, she moves REALLY well - amazing turner. I think she's a latin dancer as well, looking forward to seeing her do that. I've also seen videos of Jaimie and Danny, they're incredible as well. I think we've got a good cast on our hands.

bluenote123

bluenote123

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 3:01 PM

Hyper Critical, thanks for the Danny Tidwell link. I saw a few of his performances online last season when I learned that he was Travis' brother and a rising star, but I had forgotten how beautifully he moves.

Edited by bluenote123, May 24, 2007 @ 3:01 PM.

oriley

oriley

Video Archivist

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 3:13 PM

It's like SYTYCD family reunion! Maybe there will be a picnic ho-down dance.
I can't decide whether it'll be an advantage or disadvantage for Lacey & Danny.

GoodThings

GoodThings

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 6:19 PM

Depends on how much it's mentioned. If they "mention" it, but don't dwell, and we end up with them at the end, we'll know that those are some fantastically talented families.

If they mention it alot for one and not the other, that's going to skew votes and piss people off.

If they mention it alot for both of them, the win won't ever truly be theirs, since it will seem like they won on the family name and not their own merits.

alvin etler

alvin etler

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 6:29 PM

I hereby promise to try not to hate on Lacey too much for no good reason. I furthermore promise to evaluate Danny on only his performances on the show, not on his admittedly kick ass resume and his blinding hotness.

imogen28

imogen28

Video Archivist

Posted May 24, 2007 @ 6:35 PM

I think both Lacey and Danny are fantastic dancers, so I'm really excited that it seems they've made it. I don't know how the family connections will work out for them, but I would hope that the judges and the audience, for the most part, are able to judge them on their own merits.

How hilarious would it be if they were partners? I'm sure it would never happen (unless they return to the season one random partnering, in which case I guess it could at some point) since it would be massively unfair to the other contestants, but can you imagine the reactions on this board alone? The Schwimmer fans and the Wall fans, forced to work together!

justmy2cents

justmy2cents

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2007 @ 12:34 AM

Not really a spoiler, more like speculation here. Actually, more like fodder for other peoples' speculation, but I didn't want to spoil anybody. Who do you think we saw tonight who will make it to the top 20?

I was watching back the premier in slow mo (hush, be kind) and within the first two minutes of the show, as Cat voices over "even sexier routines, even more talent", they show us in a very quick sequence:

Faina, a striking blond woman, Katie the teacher from tonight, Jamie (I think), then Anya and Pasha, a woman striking a pose with an extreme amount of attitude, a male classically trained dancer, a male breaker, and a contemporary dancer who is showing some strong Melody-like moves (she's wearing a dress with a sort of clasp-y wooden circle on it).

Then, when Cat is defining dance terms, we get:

2 men (one of them must be Danny) and the man we're calling the one-in-brown-in-the-lower-left-corner, and a sequence of four women who I assume all have great technique.

Now, I know the top 20 can't ALL be from NYC, but I have to say, the competition looks really tough, just from this one city!

(Again, sorry if I'm in the wrong place. I'll figure out the difference between speculation and spoilers eventually.)

pookymama

pookymama

Couch Potato

Posted May 25, 2007 @ 4:58 PM

Three words to remember: Marcelino "Ricky" Palomino. He is amazing and I have heard that he makes top 20 as well.

Hyper Critical

Hyper Critical

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2007 @ 5:36 PM

pookymama - is this your spoiler from the old thread? Awesome! Wow, it's gonna be a wild ride this year - so much talent!

msav364

msav364

Couch Potato

Posted May 25, 2007 @ 9:12 PM

Yikes, reading Danny Tidwell's bio makes me think he should be a judge on the show, not a contestant!

JenTG

JenTG

Couch Potato

Posted May 26, 2007 @ 6:45 PM

Wow, on the Danny Tidwell link. He has a really effortless way of moving, hopefully the Travis connection won't hurt him somehow (don't think it will, though).

LoveSupreme

LoveSupreme

Video Archivist

Posted May 26, 2007 @ 10:17 PM

Thank you Hyper Critical for posting that website. Danny's performance was Awesome! I was already hooked when I heard Robin Thicke, I thought that was one of the best songs on his very very slept on first CD...
... but Danny totally rocked that. If he's on the show this season I'll definitely be watching.

shalia17

shalia17

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2007 @ 1:47 AM

Man Danny is SEXAY, and I guess he can dance too, whatever...I kid, I kid. He's amazing and I really wanna see him in other styles. I mean, can he excel in Disco, or Waltz? That's the good thing about this show, great dancers are still challenged and we get to see them either do well or crash and burn. I'm hoping Danny does the former, not that there's much doubt.

quince

quince

Channel Surfer

Posted May 27, 2007 @ 1:24 PM

Watched the Danny Tidwell clip <gasp, swoon> Not sure I need to see any other contestants... I think he's my pick for the winner. He has the most incredible, clean, fluid technique, but also the artistry and emotional intensity that I loved in Donyelle. I really loved that brief, half second transition from dancer to b-boy, a little hiccup of a move where he kind of goes "whazzup", then flies back into dancer-artiste mode again. Stunning. As great as Travis and Allyson were technically, I was rarely moved by their performances (Bench Dance and "Why" were exceptions). It'll be great to have a great technical dancer with more emotional depth. I may have to get a DVR this season... have a feeling I'm going to be replaying a lot of Danny...

Edited by quince, May 27, 2007 @ 1:25 PM.

provencal

provencal

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2007 @ 1:51 PM

My question: why is Danny doing the show? He already sounds like a star in the dance world.

Kariann1964

Kariann1964

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2007 @ 2:30 PM

Word. Danny's resume is so impressive that I wonder what he'll do to the competition. He doesn't need this show to get a job in the dance world. Maybe he needs the money? Seriously, with all his talent, how will the other contestants feel?

justmy2cents

justmy2cents

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2007 @ 2:34 PM

I figure it's a good time to join in on the Danny-swooning. I love that clip. He does it for me the way Blake never did. Something about how he uses the space around his body is better than we've seen from anyone on this show, I think.

Yes, I'm completely inarticulate about these things. Loved it, though.

Seriously, with all his talent, how will the other contestants feel?

Inspired? Honored? Actually, I have no idea. It's a good question.

JenTG

JenTG

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2007 @ 3:04 PM

why is Danny doing the show? He already sounds like a star in the dance world.

You have a point, but the same question could be asked of Blake in season one and he was still on the show. A career in dance isn't the same as a career in singing and it can be difficult to get job no matter who you are. A lot of dancers that were on this show were already stars in their own field (Benji in WCS, and Pavel and Anna who are on this year are a very high ranking professional couple), so he's not the only one.

shalia17

shalia17

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2007 @ 3:30 PM

Maybe he just thinks it'll be fun, He'll be meeting new people who share his passion, going on TV doing what he loves, and getting challenged in areas he's not as familiar with. I think Season 2 really showed how famous these kids could be simply by appearing on the show and that has to be somewhat appealing for anyone, whether or not they need the show to get gigs.

And $250,000 ain't nothing to sneeze at, either.

Edited by shalia17, May 27, 2007 @ 3:32 PM.

Irlandesa

Irlandesa

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2007 @ 4:00 PM

I absolutely loved that clip of Danny. He moves beautifully.

I don't have a favorite yet since most of the dancers we've seen are doing what they do best. For instance, I can't wait to see how Danny partners in ballroom since that's a style I love. And I'm curious to see how Hawk will do. I think I remember the judges being rather impressed with his ability to pick up choreography before was booted due to immigration issues. I also want to see how versatile Anya, Pavel and Lacey are.

And $250,000 ain't nothing to sneeze at, either.

No it's not.

Kariann1964

Kariann1964

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2007 @ 6:54 PM

Good answer, shalia (Shannon). There may be areas he's not as familiar with, so that would be a challenge. However, I have a feeling he will be right up there in the Final Four.

Is there a link with the TOP 20? I am taping the show and not including the awful auditions.

Edited by Kariann1964, May 29, 2007 @ 11:26 PM.

Moldspore

Moldspore

Video Archivist

Posted May 28, 2007 @ 11:28 PM

So somebody tell me that Danny Tidwell likes girls. 'Cause he's cuuute. ;)

RyanCrowell

RyanCrowell

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2007 @ 11:37 PM

Is Stanislav's sister also in the final group of dancers? If she is, then 3 finalists who were relatives of dancers from last season is high enough that I think they're going to have to be the best dancers in the world and have the nicest personalities in the world to avoid backlash.

4GED

4GED

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 29, 2007 @ 1:32 AM

So somebody tell me that Danny Tidwell likes girls. 'Cause he's cuuute. ;)

err...sorry but i am pretty sure it is no. I wish he did though.

Edited by 4GED, May 29, 2007 @ 1:32 AM.

Micha

Micha

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2007 @ 12:21 PM

So let's do a breakdown. Shall we. ;)

We know how many of the final 20, at this point? Six?

From what I can tell from the previous posts in here, the dancers in the top 20 that we know about are:

Danny Tidwell, Lacey Schwinger, Anya, Pavel, Hawk and Stas's sister (can't remember her name).
Right?

I missed all the spoiler talk in the other thread. So, do we have any other information from Vegas week that was pertainent to how they chose the top 20 or who made it through?

Edited by Micha, May 29, 2007 @ 12:54 PM.