2-6: "Dating Game" 2007.07.16 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

387 replies to this topic

Wing Chun

Wing Chun

Posted Jul 10, 2007 @ 3:47 PM

From Zap2It:

Margene uncovers Bill's secret; Rhonda becomes the focus of media attention; an underground polygamist group resurfaces with a vengeance.

lilarose6

lilarose6

Fanatic

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:01 PM

Holy shit, that was......wow, I can't take it all in right now. So not what I expected. Much to process. Will make more comments when I'm coherent.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:02 PM

Bill, Bill, Bill. When will you learn that revenge rarely works out the way you think it will?

Edited by Cosmocrush, Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:02 PM.

LittleLou

LittleLou

Loyal Viewer

Dear Rhonda,
Please fall off of a cliff into a bed of cacti.

Yours
LittleLou

erendiradali

erendiradali

Channel Surfer

Wow. Rhonda is a hateful, spiteful little girl. I just wanted to rip her hair out during this episode.

I really feel for Margene. Ana seemed like a wonderful person--which is exactly why she shouldn't be getting messed up with Hendrickson's Homes Plus!

Scary Spice

Scary Spice

Couch Potato

I can't decide who I hate more; Rhonda for being a lying liar or Bill for being a callous coward. I think that Don actually believes in the Principle and Bill believes in the Principle when it serves his twin purposes; gaining power and pussy. The kids from the first marriage are again bearing the brunt of Bill's decisions.

Cgr

Cgr

Fanatic

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:04 PM

So will Bill make Roman fight the new bad guys? And what odd looking bunch they are.

Rhonda next time we talk I carry a hidden tape recorder so everyone can hear what a 2 faced little sh!t you are!

Ben is still creepy.

Margene I love you. So sorry you lost Ana.

shockey80te

shockey80te

Fanatic

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:06 PM

Gennifer Goodwin was....... AMAZING. She practically carried the ep on her own.

Chloe Sevigny wasn't so bad herself.

I was really hoping that Barb would just kill Rhonda in front of that house. She is quite literraly a pathological liar. I felt so bad for Sarah... she really wanted to help that evil b*tch and look what she got. AS pulled those scenes off extremely well.

While I think Bill is a jackass, he's really not that bad a guy. At least he was made uncomfortable by one of those guy's comments about bringing another wife "into the fold". However, it still doesn't change the fact Margene was brought into their lives due to lust.

I was under the impression Ben needed the car so he could "christen" all the seats in it.

Edited by shockey80te, Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:09 PM.

Frackyou

Frackyou

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:06 PM

I felt so sad for margene! And sarah too....

I am glad that barb finally has gotten a preview of the 'real' rhonda!

ETA I was actually really proud of Bill for realizing he just wanted a piece of fresh ass and that it wasn't "love". I was also glad he was able to end it. I just wonder if the other sister wives will ever find out?

Edited by Frackyou, Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:07 PM.

craizydaizy3

craizydaizy3

Fanatic

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:07 PM

Ok tonight:

-Barb is bacccckkkkK!!! She kicked so much ass tonight.

-Heather's dad=dickhead

-Ben having sex? *vomits*

-Rhonda please kill yourself!

-"Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne=awesomeness. I DIED laughing when they played that song

meltina

meltina

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:07 PM

My god, Bill is the hugest d*&#! He basically strung this woman along on a false pretense (being a single dude), and went ahead and broke her heart because he couldn't stomach Margene actually having the last word on it.

Also, man doesn't Sarah wish she had just driven Rhonda back to the compound as soon as she showed up by Deb's... That whole scene with Heather's dad? Really really uncomfortable...

SassandtheCity

SassandtheCity

Fanatic

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:09 PM

I'm totally just admitting to the fact that I totally teared up when Sarah was crying even though they had showed that in the preview. It was just the build-up to that moment was so awesome.

elfaygobaca

elfaygobaca

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:09 PM

I'm sorry...I know there was a LOT of seriousness going on in this episode, but "Satan's Thrust"?!?! Hubby and I were laughing our asses off. I agree-Chloe S was dead on. I love the squinty look Nicki shot Barb when Margie asked them to lunch. She manages to cram so much shiftiness into every thing she does, it's great. Well, until it backfires and the state trooper is involved because of her meddling....

Edited by elfaygobaca, Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:11 PM.

Meghan Jill

Meghan Jill

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:10 PM

How many times did I say, "Holy crap!" during that episode?

1. Margene encouraging Ana repeatedly to pursue Bill.

2. Margene getting ALL THE WIVES to meet Ana.

3. Bill's boat, ahem, spontaneously combusting.

4. Rhonda saying that "unspeakable things" happen in Henricksons' HomesPlus.

5. Rhonda telling Barb to kiss off. DUDE! That was not cool!

6. The revelation that the last machine gaming owner got branded by some weirdos.

7. Bill nearly being branded by same weirdos.

8. Bill throwing the blame for the gaming company over to Roman. Which reminds me of the SATs: Bill throwing the blame for the gaming company to Roman is to Bill throwing a cigarette into a pool of gasoline.

One thing I was not surprised about: Rhonda screaming that Nicki was trying to kidnap her. Come on Nicki, you really didn't see that coming a mile away?

Katalina

Katalina

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:11 PM

So will Bill make Roman fight the new bad guys? And what odd looking bunch they are.

Hollis Green and his goons--wow, creepier fundy Mormons than Roman! They all look like gargoyles—a real Stephen King vibe going in that warehouse scene.

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

• Interests:http://myspace.com/roxievelma<br />http://lifetimemovieaddikt.blogspot.com

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:13 PM

Rhonda is a hateful, spiteful little girl. I just wanted to rip her hair out during this episode.

I personally wanted to smush down that damn hairdo on top of her head. Rhonda is seriously in need of some psychiatric care because I'm pretty sure she's suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder or something. I cannot believe she'd tell Heather's parents that Bill sexually abused Sarah (I assume that's what she said anyway). That bitch needs to be hogtied and whipped as far as I'm concerned.

Wow, Margene actually came out and said she's married with two wives, eh. I'm was proud for her for that but what kind of box does Margene live in that she's apparently never experienced any kind of disappointment in her life? Well she acted that way to me anyway. Trust me, just because you want someone doesn't mean it will happen. I'm an expert in it.

The scene with Ben talking to his priest was weird. First up, the priest was played by Georgie's husband on Sisters so I just wanted him to pick up a guitar and start singing. Secondly, I get creeped out anytime anyone wants to convert someone to another religion just so you can be with them. I know it's their belief, but it's not one of mine. So Ben do you have sex everywhere? I'm freaked out and where it'll be next.

My fave line of the night was from Bill to Margene about Ana:
"You are my wife, Margene. You can't be seeing the woman I'm dating."

6 days 23 hours to my Bonnie Bedelia. I could possibly pass out after that episode!

Frackyou

Frackyou

Channel Surfer

Oh, and who else loved it when Margene goes "but I can teach her to pray!" hehe I about died.

Princess Louie

Princess Louie

Fanatic

The good:

It was quote-a-licious! For example:

Nicki to Margene: “If you feel so guilty, then leave her 15 percent.”

Bill to Margene: “Margene! You’re my wife! You can’t be fooling around with the woman I’m seeing!”

Nicki to Bill: “What is it with her and women in the service industry?”

Bill: “I love you so much, it could only be celestial…I’m sure of that now.” (it’s the “now” that got me)

The bad:

The soundtrack, which is usually so good, was …off-putting, to say the least. “Long Cool Woman” during the torching of a boat?

There’s something …cartoonish…about the way this is going. From peril to peril – either people are greedy, skeevy nutcase polygamists or they’re upright, intolerant, clueless, sanctimonious right-wingers. I've been to Salt Lake City several times. There's more to it than what we've seen.

The random:

Why would a couple with a daughter like Heather want one like Rhonda?

And why is Margene still not showing?

Notice how Ben loves Brynn but she didn’t say “I love you” back. Poor Ben. What did he expect that minister (?) to say? That it’s okay?

Ana is interesting looking, but not pretty.

Isn't it interesting that both prophets have their own Alby? Let's hope Bill doesn't turn Ben into his. Or Don, either, for that matter.

But the best quote, the one that sums it up, came during the previews for next week:

“I think there’s a good case to be made that you’re all off your rockers!”

Edited by Princess Louie, Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:14 PM.

chilindrina

chilindrina

Fanatic

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:14 PM

All the Bill/Anna stuff was boring. I zoned out for a few times, cause I just didn't care. Poor Margene though, all she wants is a friend.

BenSex again? Gross. I so want them to ship him off to military school. I did enjoy his talk with the Bishop though.

Rhonda is officially on my HATE list. I disliked her up until her lies about Bill. Now it's full blown HATE. Poor Sarah. Not only are there horrible lies about her father but she lost her only friend. So is Heather's dad going to make her quite the restaurant to keep her away from Sarah?

Speaking of Heather's dad, that is not the same actor from last season. Heather's season one dad was cuter.

Except for the 2 minute Sarah, Rhonda, Heather storyline and the creepy Greens, this episode was really boring.

ETA:

I'm sorry...I know there was a LOT of seriousness going on in this episode, but "Satan's Thrust"

Bwah! I laughed so hard at that . Too funny.

Edited by chilindrina, Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:21 PM.

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

• Interests:http://myspace.com/roxievelma<br />http://lifetimemovieaddikt.blogspot.com

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:15 PM

Oh and thanks for putting that damn Avril Lavigne song back in my head. I had just gotten it out after 3 days of constantly singing the freakin' chorus. ARGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Everyone is getting hurt this episode:
  • Ben who cannot really talk to anyone honestly including his old Bishop about his spiritual crisis.
  • Sarah, who while trying to help Rhonda has her own family accused of horrible things and is forbidden to hang out with her best friend.
  • Margene, who falls in love with Ana but won't get her as a new sister-wife.
  • Nicki, who's been accused of running an underground pipeline of underage girls to Juniper Creek.
  • Barb who...well okay maybe Barb comes out unscathed here, except her daughter has been hurt and her judgement questioned.
  • Don, who now is part of the Weber Gaming business and stuck in the middle of a war between Green and Grant along with Bill, even though he wanted no part of it.
  • And finally, Ana who's heart is broken by not only Bill, but Bill's wife too.
I didn’t include Bill because he really made a bad decision by not vetting Weber Gaming better, and I was kind of hoping he would get the butt brand.

Edited because breaking your hearing isn't the same as breaking your heart.

Edited by Cosmocrush, Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:27 PM.

LittleLou

LittleLou

Loyal Viewer

Hollis Green and his goons--wow, creepier fundy Mormons than Roman! They all look like gargoyles—a real Stephen King vibe going in that warehouse scene.

Yes! It took me a couple of tries to realize that one of the goons was in fact, a goonette. I think.

gertitout

gertitout

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:16 PM

Sorry if I'm a bit clueless, but is Hollis Green the dude we've been hearing about on the news, the dude who Roman thinks makes him look bad (tee hee)? I can't remember if it's the name or not.

Katalina

Katalina

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:17 PM

Oh, and who else loved it when Margene goes "but I can teach her to pray!" hehe I about died.

Especially, praying the Margene way: "Just close your eyes, and listen."

Next week's previews: Bruce Dern returns! I love him as Frank.

Meghan Jill

Meghan Jill

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:17 PM

Gertitout, I think you're right! Good memory!

LittleLou

LittleLou

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:18 PM

I thought it was Orlean Abbot on the news, but did they mention the Greens as well?

gertitout

gertitout

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:18 PM

Oh, and I honestly thought Don set the fire up to get Bill off the gaming train. When he talked about the branding, it sounded so fake...like "oh, uh, yeah, this guy got branded, btw." Did anyone else get that oddness?

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:19 PM

And why is Margene still not showing?

I totally forgot about that. I was thinking the same thing. I mean last episode it looked like she was showing when she went to tell Bill about the police coming asking about Rhonda and this episode, she had on some skirt with a belt and you couldn't see anything at all.

Speaking of Heather's dad, that is not the same actor from last season.

This season it's John Carroll Lynch. I mostly remember him as Drew Carey's brother on The Drew Carey Show and he was on Carnivale, IIRC.

iMissEthan

iMissEthan

Stalker

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:20 PM

The soundtrack, which is usually so good, was …off-putting, to say the least. “Long Cool Woman” during the torching of a boat?

I posted this in the music thread, but I agree. Avril Levigne while Bill makes out with Ana and ELO's Not in Love had lyrics too on the nose and the tone of the songs were all wrong.

margrit00

margrit00

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 16, 2007 @ 9:21 PM

It's official: I. HATE. Rhonda. Compound damage or not the girl is pure evil.

I felt so bad for Margene and Sarah--both so lost and lonely. And what teenager takes his first solo drive to see a bishop at temple? That shows just how lost Ben is, too. I usually don't like Heather, although I love what her character brings to the show. Tonight, though, I felt sorry for her, too.

Was anyone else laughing in anticipation of seeing Bill get branded? Again he avoids (although narrowly) getting what he deserves.