1-6: "His Visit: Day Five" 2007.07.15 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

356 replies to this topic

Wing Chun

Wing Chun

Posted Jul 10, 2007 @ 3:45 PM

From Zap2It:

Butchie orchestrates a reunion between Shaun and Tina; John helps Bill and Cissy face their pasts.

TheMatt

TheMatt

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:00 PM

My head hurts.

So confused...

biffbulkie

biffbulkie

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:00 PM

Wait..... WHAT???

BlueScreen

BlueScreen

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:01 PM

I'm pretty sure I really, really enjoyed that, although I have no idea what the fuck happened.

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:02 PM

After weeks of dekeing us, Milch reaches back and delivers the cheese across the plate.

StolenC

StolenC

Video Archivist

Dear David Milch--

You're doing it wrong.

Love,

Everybody

Monads

Monads

Channel Surfer

Trixie!

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:03 PM

Yay Paula Malcomson!

I want a spinoff with John, Bill, and Joe.

langdon

langdon

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:03 PM

I'm not sure what the hell just happened, but it was brilliant. I'm going to watch it again immediately.

First impressions? Oddly enough, I was shocked over the Cissy/Butchie reveal...although the minute it happened, I thought "My God, of course!"

Best episode yet? Oh yeah. Definitely.

Maire

Maire

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:05 PM

Someone 'splain,

please!

TheMatt

TheMatt

Channel Surfer

That last half was like watching a Stan Brakhage film made for TV. And yet I liked it, I think.

And it was fun to play "Spot the Deadwood veteran" once again.

kq338

kq338

Channel Surfer

They really hit it out the park tonight. All three rings were in full effect.

Cissy whipping Butchie's scivvy explains A LOT!

I'll have to watch a few more times to provide more thoughtful commentary.

lynch

lynch

Fanatic

That was amazing. I'm still trying to figure it all out, but I'm certain that I loved it. John seemed to consciously appear to some of them while only delivering subconscious messages to others. I just don't fuckin' know.

StolenC

StolenC

Video Archivist

Will someone please explain to me what the hell happened the last 15 minutes? Did John go into the Black Lodge?

BlueScreen

BlueScreen

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:06 PM

Agreed, thatguy. And Freddy and his midget friend.

If anyone had any thoughts on some of what John was saying (particularly the "word on the wall", and Cass' camera), I'd be much obliged.

I did think there was some fish and loaves symbolism between Tina and Shaun in the kitchen, but I have no idea what it meant.

The Shrike

The Shrike

Channel Surfer

Could 9, 11, 14 be a reference to St. John, chapter 9, paragraph 11 to 14?

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Someone 'splain,

please!

I think we're gonna be working on this for a few days.

Ghettomommy

Ghettomommy

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:07 PM

Oh..my.

Anyone else tear up when Butchie cried? I sobbed.

John's talking Cissy out of suicide and the 'reveal'? SO shocking..but yet, it makes complete sense why she treats him the way she does. Why he uses. Etc.

The rest? I'm soooo lost. It all happened so fast. The word? The circle? His father? The grey dude?

Mr. Rollins comes on Barry's face? Shocked? No.

Cass's camera!?

My head is throbbing. But I cannot wait until tomorrow to watch it again.

Edited to just say that I seriously think I have a major crush on Garrett Dillahunt. Like, I got it bad. Sigh..

I so agree - Bill, John and Joe so need their own spinoff. I wouldn't miss an episode.

Edited by Ghettomommy, Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:08 PM.

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:08 PM

Anyone else tear up when Butchie cried? I sobbed.

Bill got to me first.

StolenC

StolenC

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:08 PM

Where's Dale Cooper when you need him the most?

kq338

kq338

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:09 PM

The grey dude?

Room 24 revealed its dead.

Ghettomommy

Ghettomommy

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:11 PM

Yes! I can't believe I forgot to mention Bill..that part had me crying too. I love this show. Just wish I knew what the fuck was going on...

darwin

darwin

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:13 PM

Ok, that is going to require another viewing or ten. Wow! The scene almost made me forget the rest of the episode, which I really enjoyed. I loved the scene between John's projection and Cissy. And no Mitch this week, but we did get the writer's acknowledgment that he is an asshole!

Butchie is really fucked up over Tina. I think its pretty clear that he both loves and hates her. A lot of really intense feelings are surfacing. I suspected as much from the last episode, and gave the benefit of the doubt to Kai's reaction as she knows more about their relationship than we do. Although I certainly don't see a reconciliation in their future.

ETA: So that's what Dillahunt meant when he referred to incest!

Edited by darwin, Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:15 PM.

Janie1130

Janie1130

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:13 PM

Ghettomommy . . . I cried too when Butchie cried. I think he is doing a really great acting job. The way he always scratches? his underarms. He seems so lost sometimes. I love him.

Thank goodness no Mitch tonight!

I am anxiously awaiting reading this forum. For the main reason that I want someone smarter and more analytical than myself to explain what the heck John's soliquoy meant!!! Help a sister out, please.

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:14 PM

Plus no Mitch, IIRC. Could it possibly be better?

kathy999

kathy999

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:15 PM

I so love this show!
John and the cookout - the last supper, or something like it?
Cissy actually (sorry for the graphic language) jacked off Butchie?
Later, guys.

lynch

lynch

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:15 PM

Okay, I'll start with a simple question for starters. Was Mr. Rollins the dead guy from Room 24? I'm also wondering whether Linc actually saw John in that scene by the window or John just delivered a subconscious message to him.

Now this episode was probably the most confusing one yet, but at least now there's a strong sense that some shit is actually happening.

JesseSP

JesseSP

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:17 PM

After last week's episode, I felt more obligated than excited about viewing this week's episode.

Next week can't come any sooner.

veryunique

veryunique

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:20 PM

Dear David Milch-
I am a huge fan. I loved Deadwood, and I really hope those two Deadwood movies come to fruition.

In the meantime, however, I have to make due with your new show, John from Cincinnati. I'm sure you've read many reviews and fan reactions that categorize your new show as "bullshit," and "incomprehensible, quasi-philisophical crap." Not to fear, though, for I have a solution. Season 1 may already be filmed and done with, but Season 2 (if there is one) can still be saved. Here's my pitch: John has the ability to travel back in time, right? So in the first episode of season 2, he just vanishes, leaving behind the Yosts, Luke Perry, Luis Guzman, and that gay lotto winner who's crazy and has no inner-monologue.

And he travels to a little town called Deadwood.

Bear with me, cause the drama is just getting started. After arriving in Deadwood, John from Cincinnati parrots back the words of Al Swearengen, who doesn't take kindly to mockery. Swearengen, in the heat of the moment, guts John with a knife. Swearengen then turns his attention to running the old mining town.

You could also conclude the season to a flashforward, where it's revealed that the Yost's ancestors were migrant Polish workers killed in a massacre in Deadwood, resulting in their never being born.

Anyway, mull it over and get back to me.

Yours,
Chris

Teitr Styrr

Teitr Styrr

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2007 @ 9:20 PM

Man, John's projection to Cissy and his speachy thing at the end was made of wow.

Okay, just to start some speculation, "My father's birthday is the same as mine" or something similiar at the end, made me think of Jesus.

That's just something to start it off with...