Chelsea Lately

• Please log in to reply

1097 replies to this topic

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 24, 2012 @ 7:33 PM

Sandy was great. That was a really well written sketch. But is this it? This is the new stage they've been promoting for months? I could hardly tell the difference.

canter

canter

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 12:42 PM

The guest hosts have been okay, although I like it best when Ross hosts in Chelsea's absence.

Amanda de Cadenet did a pretty good job. She bugged me on her show The Conversation, but she was a serviceable guest host.

Casey Wilson looks great, but she was awful! She seemed so nervous, and her delivery was just terrible, IMO.

I loooove Dave Grohl, so I was really excited when I saw that he was the guest host, but the show didn't quite live up to my expectations. I've seen him be hilarious in other settings, so maybe my hopes were just too high. He did seem relaxed and had a natural delivery, and seemed to genuinely laugh at some of the round table comments, which I liked. His interview with Ray Romano was a little awkward, but maybe that was Ray's doing -- he's a fairly awkward guy in general (although I do like him).

Wait, that's only 3 guest hosts this week -- am I forgetting someone?

NYTeacher

NYTeacher

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 12:46 PM

Kristen Chenowith was the other substitute Host. I thought Dave Grohl was great, I haven't seen him in much so I was pleasantly surprised.

However, I agree that my favorite is Ross Matthews.

jewelsnba

jewelsnba

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 5:27 PM

I thought Dave Grohl was fantastic! I didn't know what to expect from him so maybe it's because he surpassed my expectations but I think he was the best guest host they've ever had.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 21, 2012 @ 12:44 AM

The guest hosts have been okay, although I like it best when Ross hosts in Chelsea's absence.

Yeah, It's sad when the guest host is better than the original. I am so sick of Chelsea being high or drunk. She may be portraying it as an act, but it sure seems real. I am all in favor of Medical Marijuana, but I really don't need to hear how everyone on her staff is using it so routinely. IMO, it gives MM a bad name.

Ben Glebe has 15 strains of MM in his coffee table? Oooh, Isn't he cool. Yeah, If I were 17. Maybe if he put down the pipe for five minutes he might be able to make a good joke.

Her annual Xmas party sounded like a sad mess.

And Brad will never be funny to me. I absolutely hate all the behind the scenes/backstage banter between him and Chelsea. I feel like I'm listening to a party to which I wasn't invited. "Oh, you should have been there. It was hysterical." Not to me, cuz guess what, I wasn't. I hate him, his red, curly hair and his blinking eyes.

And Chelsea, we get it, you think dressing up your male staff in drag is riotously funny. Well, I don't. And you think putting down your staff and family is equally funny. Well, I don't. Why don't you come up with some original material instead of relying on the same old shit that wasn't funny the first time. Don't even get me started on the HR reviews. Putting other people down without a purpose is never funny. It's sophomoric and stupid. The common viewer may ask, "If you're staff is so stupid and incompetent why don't you replace them?" It is much easier to find seventh-grade humor in putting down people than to develop sophisticated humor in ways that don't humiliate your staff/family. But you're too high to know the difference. Why don't you go back to the self-deprecating humor of your books. Oh, I forgot, you're too rich and famous with your celeb friends like Aniston and Bullock to do that. Everyone but the A-listers are below you and you have nothing but contempt for them.

With the way you treat them, I can't understand why anyone chooses to be a guest on your show.

And despite your state of inebriation, is it too much to ask that you actually read over the cards before you read them on air? And if you're too drunk/high can you at least have an assistant read them to you? It's really not funny at all to have you stumble over all the words. She's starting to make Judy Garland look like a fucking PSA for Just Say No.

But Chelsea hides behind the myth that she never is high or drunk on the show. Umm, the last time I checked weed doesn't leave your body the way alcohol does. And the two together...

And if you think you are so cool to be the first talk show host to be stoned on air, I've got news for you. You're not. Many were. But they had the class to pretend otherwise and act professionally. Are you there Chelsea, It's me, Xingu?

With that said, I still enjoy Heather McDonald, Jen Kirkman, Sarah Colanna, John Caparulo, Ingrid Haas, Ross Matthews Greg Proops and Fortune Feimster among others. I especially like that hot bald guy with the chest tatoos.

Edited by Xingu, Dec 21, 2012 @ 1:22 AM.

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2013 @ 4:08 PM

I loved Dave Grohl. Ross is always my favorite. I have wondered why it is to this day, this guy has not been given his own show? He is phenomenal in my book. I have wondered this ever since I first watched him with Jay Leno on the Tonight Show. Ross is so quick with his wit. I love people like that.

Can someone tell me, since I have not been watching the show regularly due to the holidays and other stuff, why is it Chelsea is interviewing three guests now?

carolinagirl63

carolinagirl63

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2013 @ 7:51 PM

Can someone tell me, since I have not been watching the show regularly due to the holidays and other stuff, why is it Chelsea is interviewing three guests now?

I assumed they were on holiday repeats and just ran old interviews. They'll probably be back to normal Monday.

slasherboy

slasherboy

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 1:13 AM

I'm now in love with Dave Grohl. He was fantastic! A complete natural. More DG!

jcsc

jcsc

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 12:40 PM

Dave Grohl was great, agreed. Shortcake2001, also share your love of Ross. Do you know about the podcast that Ross does weekly with Josh Wolf - it's pretty great too. Check iTunes or google it.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 2:35 PM

Grohl was on Chelsea's show last night? Does she often tape in advance? He was on Colbert's show last night too.

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 3:35 PM

Richard Simmons is something else.. Funny, but awkward "interview".

carolinagirl63

carolinagirl63

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 12:57 AM

Grohl was on Chelsea's show last night? Does she often tape in advance? He was on Colbert's show last night too.

He was the host last week. I wonder where Chelsea was.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 3:19 PM

I think she went to Las Vegas. Thought I caught a new espisode (pony tail and beige outfit)

bparhad

bparhad

Stalker

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 8:59 PM

She was at Fashion Week as well.

canter

canter

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2013 @ 12:12 PM

Wearing the Oscar hairstyle 3 days in a row (well, once at the Oscar party and twice on her show) was a bit much.

jcsc

jcsc

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2013 @ 12:43 PM

Anybody else see Heather McDonald guest host yesterday on Anderson Live? I thought she did a great job. How cute was the dancing doggy on Chelsea's birthday show? Loved it!

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2013 @ 3:10 PM

I enjoyed her hosting duties as well with Anderson. Her awkward pregnancy photo was pretty funny too.

dimo

dimo

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 2:15 PM

Guess what Chelsea....your SCHICT is as predictable as Joan Rivers is, meaning sooo overdone and getting boringly tiresome. I used to love watching her but now she seems way to full of herself. Not amusing nor funny anymore and NOT worth watching. Me thinks "She's gettin to big for her britches!"

Edited by dimo, Mar 6, 2013 @ 2:22 PM.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 2:38 PM

I cannot remember, but I believe this weekend is when Chelsea sits down with Oprah Winfrey for an hour long chat.

Hoosier80

Hoosier80

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 12:05 AM

Just watched this show for the first time in a long time. I used to watch every night faithfully, but no longer found it funny or witty.

Wow. Not even one thing even made me smile. Chelsea also seemed to be drunk or high. I thought she slurred her words more than once.

Her interview consisted of asking how it was to act with the co-stars, and wow it's a great show you can see it on xxx. Nothing that anyone else couldn't have done. Didn't seem to have done any if much prep for the show at all.

Her schtick is beyond tired. Won't be watching in a long time. This time watching was just by default, actually.

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 2:53 AM

I agree. Not only is her schtick tiring...it's totally not funny or even slightly amusing. She's turned into a big head with a nasty mouth...and yet E! keeps renewing her show. Ugh!

teddysmom

teddysmom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 8:50 AM

I cannot remember, but I believe this weekend is when Chelsea sits down with Oprah Winfrey for an hour long chat.

It was. Don't waste your time, unless you want to see Chelsea's house. Apparently the only research O did was read Chelsea's books, and she is under the impression that the books are completely auto-biographical and not just collections of stories that Chelsea thinks are funny.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2013 @ 10:36 AM

Maybe I'll end up catching a repeat at one point when I am bored and there is nothing else on of any interest. However, I do remeber seeing an episode on Rosie's show when she was recently on the OWN network where I thought it was a fairly decent interview she had with Chelsea.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 6:13 AM

I think the show is getting somewhat better but not as nearly as sharp as it was in the beginning. They do seem to be cutting down on the inside jokes and ripping more on the celebs, which is good.

Josh Duhamel lost some serious points with me for his little lecture to Chelsea about how she should have children. Ugh.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2013 @ 1:35 PM

She almost had me convinced that she was pregnant. Good thing I didn't change the channel before she screamed out Happy April Fool's Day !

dancingonmyown

dancingonmyown

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2013 @ 3:34 PM

Chelsea is defending Reese Witherspoon with her recent arrest which isn't the least bit shocking because not only is Reese one of her new Hollywood "bff's" whose ass she kisses all the time (a la Jennifer Aniston) but I guess she has to stand by her fellow lush.

maryis

maryis

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 2:28 AM

If you watched last evening you probably saw Paloma Faith interviewed. She is one amazing singer and was fun to watch in the interview.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 6:44 AM

Chelsea is defending Reese Witherspoon with her recent arrest

Reese's behavior is totally fine but she thinks Angelina Jolie is a cunt for not having female friends. Yup that makes sense, Chelsea.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2013 @ 12:21 PM

Ugh - I had given up on this show about a year ago, but for some reason I thought I'd give it another shot.  I just finished the 4th of July episode and I can't believe they sent 5+ minutes on Franjola and the girl being neighbors.  

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2013 @ 5:21 PM

Wow I used to like Chelsea and used to like the show. What the HELL!! happened? It's like it's a shell of itself or something.