S8 and 13: Dick: Is Sucking

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

900 replies to this topic

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Jul 5, 2007 @ 2:07 PM

Hello. My name is Dick. And that is my beard. And I am a bar manager. You know everything you need to.

Dale

Dale

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2007 @ 5:32 PM

Not digging the tattoos. They look totally unflattering.

Red Okay

Red Okay

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2007 @ 5:51 PM

Pre-season prediction: HATE.

mymelody

mymelody

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 5, 2007 @ 6:09 PM

I thought only losers drink Jagermeister bombs? Oh, wait nevermind. He's trying too hard to look like Tommy Lee , and that's pretty sad.

Atiyah

Atiyah

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 5, 2007 @ 7:47 PM

I don't like his reaction to seeing his daughter, I can't wait to get the back story on their issues.

Cat Kicker

Cat Kicker

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2007 @ 7:53 PM

I don't like his reaction to seeing his daughter, I can't wait to get the back story on their issues.

I'm dying to find out!

Tommy Lee called. He wants his HepC back.

sidekickgirl

sidekickgirl

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 5, 2007 @ 8:20 PM

I dunno, I'm liking this guy. But I'll probably change my mind by next Thursday!

MarchingOcelot

MarchingOcelot

Fanatic

• Interests:Filling in interests bubbles on websites

Posted Jul 5, 2007 @ 8:24 PM

He fails alone for the fact that he tells people to call him "Evil Dick." There is no one in the world quite awesome enough to pull off that kind of ridiculous pseudo-nickname.

masked_spangler

masked_spangler

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2007 @ 8:50 PM

Survivor Sucks board has a loooong thread from someone who seems to be Dick's son/Daniele's sister. He has posted pics to prove it. He says he and Daniele were raised by grandparents and he is not telling what the fallout between Daniele and Dick was. He also outs both himself and Daniele as aspiring famewhores, and says that Dick dated Jerri from Survivor, but she dumped him.

Dbrain2004

Dbrain2004

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2007 @ 9:23 PM

(...)and says that Dick dated Jerri from Survivor, but she dumped him.

Oh, Jesus. He's in the reality circle already.

Anyway, nicknames you give yourself NEVER work, so "Evil Dick" (which might have been great had it been bestowed upon him by someone else) automatically becomes pathetic.

I can't wait for father-daughter fallout.

Dale

Dale

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2007 @ 9:55 PM

If he were smart, he'd rally together with Dustin and Jessica in a three-person alliance, knowing the other eleven want them out ASAP.

His reaction to seeing Daniele was definitely disgusting. He's going to torment her every minute they're in the house together.

Like I said on Daniele's thread, Duke and Lauren, he and Daniele are not.

paganstar

paganstar

Couch Potato

• Interests:Gardening, Writing, and Science Fiction

Posted Jul 5, 2007 @ 10:08 PM

Hi! I'm the obnoxious jerk who's gonna need both a lung and liver transplants in the next few years.

He's trying too hard to look like Tommy Lee , and that's pretty sad.

Tommy Lee called, he wants his identity back!ASAP

CrazyDog

CrazyDog

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 5, 2007 @ 10:25 PM

I dunno, I'm liking this guy. But I'll probably change my mind by next Thursday!

Me too. I think he's going to keep things interesting. Overall, a good start. I thought all of these guys looked totally bland and generic at first, but this episode was hilarious.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2007 @ 1:14 AM

Dick is hot. I think he's intelligent, funny and cute. Loving the Tommy Lee look on this guy. He's much more handsome than those high school frat boys who all have bulging biceps. Bleh.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2007 @ 1:24 AM

I'll probably hate him in the end, but he was amusing at times. The fact that not only does he look like Tommy Lee, but (IMO) sounds a bit like Eric Roberts, made it kind of awesome. But I suspect in the end, Dick will be... a dick.

EpicAmends

EpicAmends

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2007 @ 2:10 AM

Even if he does turn out to be an ass, he amuses me. I hope he sticks around for a while.

Cat Kicker

Cat Kicker

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2007 @ 6:34 AM

Hi! I'm the obnoxious jerk who's gonna need both a lung and liver transplants in the next few years.

For one of the luxury comps, he'll play for a new liver.

Bubbacat

Bubbacat

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2007 @ 7:38 AM

I liked hiim. Not surprising, I guess, since I'm one of the very few fans of Lex from Survivor. I'd love to see Dick team up with Dustin (love him!); they seemed to get along well and have kind of an "Odd Couple" vibe when they were hidden and watching the others in the house. Of course, they'll probably despise each other by Sunday.

where is truth

where is truth

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2007 @ 9:37 AM

He's going to torment her every minute they're in the house together.

Meh. I call editing shenanigans-- I think there's more to his reaction and less to hers than what we were shown, though my immediate reaction was to cringe, as well. I think he's probably not as "evil" as he or the producers would like to think he is, and while I'm not fool enough to hope for a happy ending for father and daughter (biology does not always equal bliss), I hope their relationship isn't used as some sort of tacky flail. Then again, this is reality tv, and Big Brother, to boot.

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2007 @ 9:39 AM

Do we assume that Dick is the one who couldn't spell "Danielle" properly on the birth certificate, or do we blame mom?

where is truth

where is truth

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2007 @ 9:48 AM

Do we assume that Dick is the one who couldn't spell "Danielle" properly on the birth certificate, or do we blame mom?

Maybe his nickname is Evill Dick and he had need of that L to express the magnitude of his maleficence...

Dale

Dale

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2007 @ 9:53 AM

I have the oddest feeling his estrangement from Daniele is mostly of his making.

Tenn

Tenn

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 6, 2007 @ 10:01 AM

Well, technically, he goes by the name EvelDick. He use to post on the Metal Sludge boards a while back and that was his screen name. I met him a few years ago (2004 and i ran into him again in 2005) and he's actually pretty cool. I remember him telling me he was dating some girl who was somewhere between 20-22 years old and it bothered his daughter.

Smilesport

Smilesport

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2007 @ 10:57 AM

I don't know I really like Dick he seems cool and at least is entertaining unlike the rest of the cast so far.

Bungalow Joy

Bungalow Joy

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2007 @ 11:56 AM

I'm getting the feeling the blame for the estrangement can be equally meted out between the father and the daughter. He's a Sunset Blvd cliche but he seems cool to me, like he'd give her a fair listen if she were to talk to him.

Edited by Bungalow Joy, Jul 6, 2007 @ 11:56 AM.

where is truth

where is truth

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2007 @ 12:02 PM

I'm getting the feeling the blame for the estrangement can be equally meted out between the father and the daughter. He's a Sunset Blvd cliche but he seems cool to me, like he'd give her a fair listen if she were to talk to him.

I think he seems that way outside of last night's edit, which seemed deliberately villifying. Moreover, given that he would have been fairly young when she was born, there are probably a whole lot of things that pop into that equation that haven't been seen and might not be seen. I feel a little sorry for them both at this point, but I definitely don't think her tears are a sign of fault on his side or hers-- she's 20 years old, and at that age, family is an emotional and often unwelcome construct.

It really would be unfortunate if it all boiled down to her being upset because he was dating a woman in her 20s.

Tenn

Tenn

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 6, 2007 @ 1:59 PM

I don't think their estrangement is due to him dating younger girls (I'm sure it didn't help either). He can be pretty mean...brutal even. When his daughter said he was a mean friend, I could totally see it. I've never seen him be mean--in person. But online, he could be....well, a dick.

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

• Interests:Laughing at misfortune, rooting for the villians, egging on the bitches.

Posted Jul 6, 2007 @ 11:32 PM

Let's vote for Eric to hide his cigarettes.

Orion7

Orion7

Stalker

• Interests:Being TWoP Howard

Posted Jul 7, 2007 @ 1:58 AM

You have my vote.

Well, technically, he goes by the name EvelDick.

Dear God. He seems to be perfectly named.

greyhorse

greyhorse

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2007 @ 2:37 AM

Is there anyone that calls himself "Dick" anymore, let alone Evil Dick? If you named your kid Richard, why would you let him grow up being called Dick? Don't you think you would call him Rich?

I'm totally seeing the Tommy Lee reference. I actually don't mind him, and think he acts much younger than his 40ish age. I'm not surprised to read that he dated Survivor Jerri and that he dates young girls, because had I not known that he was Daniele's father, I would think that he might hit on Daniele.

I think he'll be entertaining. The preview shows the two of them talking about working together, which I guess was what TPTB were hoping for when they concoted this stupid twist. (Wasn't there a 'Return of the Exes' in some previous BB, or am I just making that up in my mind?) I'm hoping that the house doesn't just rally around Daniele and kick slick Dick quick out of the house. That would be no fun.