3-5: "Day 5" 2007.07.02 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

364 replies to this topic

Wing Chun

Wing Chun

Posted Jun 27, 2007 @ 8:57 AM

From Zap2It:

The remaining seven chefs must present a meal for a wedding reception at the restaurant; the teams race to make sure they do not disappoint the newlyweds or the hungry bridal party.

VNutt

VNutt

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:00 PM

What the hell was going on with Melissa's chin? She trying to grow a soul patch?? And when she was cooking without her hair up, I was hoping SO badly that they'd find a long red hair in the food.

Best quote of the episode: "That bitch is crazy!" The Vnutt has a newfound respect for The Rock.

Nothing says a wedding like a swearing Scotsman in the kitchen and black potatoes!

I was starting to like Jen a little more before she started whining again when it came to decision time. But, nice to see the girls acting logical about just trying to get Melissa out of the kitchen. Doesn't matter if Melissa was purposly trying to fuck up her time, or doing it more out of her own scaterbrained-ness, but either way, girl can't stand the heat in the kitchen.

Oh boy. Melissa in the Men's kitchen??? After what Rock said?? Talk about sending in the cat to play with the dogs. That's gonna make for some good viewing.

"I love you Bonnie." Um, is there more going on there than the cameras are showing??

Yountfan

Yountfan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:01 PM

More thoughts later, but I need to know one thing.... WHAT THE HELL was on Melissa's chin? That pimple(?) was hideous. Man do I feel sorry for the Blue team after tonight.

mak224

mak224

Channel Surfer

Considering the acne goatee melissa was sporting tonight she'll fit in well with the guys

Stella MD

Stella MD

Fanatic

Yeah, what's up with Melissa's chin? Between the crazy hair and the goatee, she looks like Jack Sparrow.

Glad to see the famewhore bride got her smackdown on national tv courtesy of Kent Weed. "If only things in the kitchen were so... easy." I love that announcer and his snarky comments.

Edited by Stella MD, Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:03 PM.

NoFNclue

NoFNclue

Loyal Viewer

Melissa, GET A FKN haircut!!! And a clue...

mysticowl

mysticowl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:02 PM

I thought Bonnie's "I'm going to strangle her. With some chiffon." would be the best quote of the night, but then Voice Over Man called the bride "easy." Awesome!

I would've nominated Julia, based on what we were shone, because Julia let Melissa fuck up the duck, knowing that she was fucking it up, and did nothing to stop it. Where did her "no, no, no" go that she gave the trash pasta? Bonnie, on the other hand, seems to have found her balls and was ready to not be intimidated by what's going on.

I'm starting to seriously dislike Rock. The only thing that kept me back from hatred is that they didn't show him speaking in third person tonight.

ETA: I think I figured out what's going with Melissa's chin - it looked like she took out a piercing and we were seeing the left-over hole.

Edited by mysticowl, Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:03 PM.

indigotea

indigotea

Loyal Viewer

Either that was the most blatant "loser" edit in the history of reality TV, or Melissa stopped taking her meds.

Holy cow, *I* wanted to smack her when she was yammering on and on about getting the same proportion of mints in the freakin' netting.

Next week ought to be great if she keeps up the same act.

leto

leto

Couch Potato

God, I love this show. Funniest episode ever.

Rock is America’s favorite cheftestant? WTF? That guy is a colossal dick.

“Why can’t we just work?”—Totally sums up why I’m on Team Waffle House. My love for Julia grows every week. She’s snarky, doesn’t get flustered, and totally owned Melissa during their arguments. Loved when she flat out busted Melissa on overcooking the duck when Melissa tried to blame her for that disaster. Melissa’s game of blaming others when she screws up became completely transparent tonight.

Lovesick Ass

Lovesick Ass

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:03 PM

Melissa and her herpes chin needed to go. What a bitch. And her voice really grates.

Sultan of Snark

Sultan of Snark

Channel Surfer

Another great episode tonight, with the exception that Melissa wasn't eliminated tonight. She was so horrible, and Ramsey still decided to keep her? Quite foolish.

Best moment though was when the bride and groom were tasting the food for the following night's service, and the girls presented that pathetic pice of crap meat. And they still bickered over that and other things. Hell's Bitches indeed.

CJohnson

CJohnson

Video Archivist

This is why I didn't really have a problem with Melissa being nominated last week. She seemed to be unwilling/unable to function in the team setting. She knows what she is doing but she was driving everybody nuts and has been hurting her team during service playing little games. It was clear the Chef had caught on to her little games last week or the week before yet she seemed to be continuing to play them. Really weird. lol @ Rock's reaction to her. This should be very entertaining.

Didn't hear a word about Bonnie this week so I guess she rebounded pretty well. Jen has emerged the last few weeks post-spaghetti incident. Men did much better with the weaker links removed though Josh still has his troubles at times. Rock and Brad have both been solid.

Julia continues to be my pick but I think the herd has been thinned to the point where I could see most anybody win it. Well, not so much Josh or Bonnie, but anything can happen.

When the men were in the spa I felt like I was watching Showtime or HBO and things were about to take a wrong turn.

Glad they were able to finish the service for the couple.

I love you Bonnie? Hmm. Though I can relate, lol. Yum. Preview for the next episode looks great.

Mia Nina

Mia Nina

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:04 PM

What the hell was going on with Melissa's chin? She trying to grow a soul patch??

Hhahahahaha! I know, I was so distracted by whatever was going on with her chin.

The voice over guy hit new high with his episode. "Lose the guy's knots" lol

Melissa's hair is so fugly and disgusting right now. Ramsay should do/say something to her about it. Seriously. Rock was hilarious with his comments for Melissa. Too funny.

lessa2010

lessa2010

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:05 PM

I am hoping like most previews the Julia meltdown is a red herring. I love that girl.

I feel sorry for the poor guys right now. Stuck with ME-lissa. Oh and ME-lissa, KEEP YOUR HAIR TIED BACK!

RorySydney

RorySydney

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:05 PM

WTF!! I can't believe Melisa is still in it. She is completely clueless. She asks for more time then pretends that other people need the time. And she never shops talking. What she said to Julia made me want to smack her. The blue team is going to muder her, figuretively of course.

TVGuy88

TVGuy88

Couch Potato

• Interests:Besides television.... Weather, World Events, Politics, the Internet, Aviation, Earthquakes

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:06 PM

OMG... poor men. They have to put up with that bitch now.

WTF is wrong with her? and PLEASE get a haircut. Or just disappear. Preferably the latter.

The men at the spa was a little... freaky. My mind went to all the wrong places, lol.

This episode was hilarious and I think the best so far this season. When the women presented that little pitifiul piece of meat I burst out laughing.

CouchCritter

CouchCritter

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:06 PM

Damn you Aaron!!! Your going home sick meant that Melissa didn't go home tonight. Now I have to watch strange goatee woman with giant snarly hair another week.

If the guys won, why are they being punished?

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:07 PM

It's either a huge zit or her chin has a piercing and needs to have it covered. Either way, it's distracting as all hell.

I should have known better that her edit was leading to Melissa finally getting tossed and WHAM! Sent to the boys team. That said, I'm a bit surprised and pleased that the teams did not screw up the wedding service.

mtvcdm

mtvcdm

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:08 PM

The limp hunk of flaccid meat elicited the biggest and most much-needed laugh I have had all month. Thank you, Red Team, thank you for almost ruining a wedding reception.

tominboston

tominboston

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:08 PM

I wonder whether this non-elimination episode was scheduled all along, or if TPTB had to compensate for Aaron's early exit while maintaining the same number of shows.

Melissa absolutely deserved to get booted tonight. I hope the guys don't let her mess up their coordination now that they've finally started working as a team.

BtvsVamp

BtvsVamp

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:09 PM

Could Melissa be anymore annoying? Bonnie and Julia had me laughing so hard having to deal with her shit.

"Just put the mints in the mesh!"

The duck the women served was awful looking. It looked like a piece of shit or something. Totally was Melissa's fault, we saw her put it back in!

She should of went home tonight, lucky for her she got spared.

Rock is America's favorite chef? Eh.

Edited by BtvsVamp, Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:17 PM.

k8supergrover

k8supergrover

Channel Surfer

The heath department would have a field day with these people! They pick stuff out of the garbage, don't have their hair tied back, sweat in the food...I feel like we should start a "health code violations" thread...

Ew, gross, that's all I have to say.

Also, I'm with the camp of Melissa's chin piercing gone horribly wrong. Like maybe she took it out for the show and it got all infected or something. But honestly, put a band-aid over it. ugh.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Melissa and her herpes chin needed to go.

That and her hair hanging all over the place while she was cooking was the nastiest thing I ever seen in HK. GROSS! I am sorely disappointed that Melissa wasn't sent home, but can't wait for a knock down drag out between her & Rock.
I must say I was happy to see service go well for the reception. Even though they volunteer, I still cringe when couples agree to let reality shows cater their reception and the chefs screw it up.

Edited by Puds38, Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:11 PM.

katie1341

katie1341

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:10 PM

I finally figured out who Melissa reminds me of. The Crone in "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves". When she kept asking Julia "Do you need help? Do you need me to show you how to do that?", I was hoping Julia would throw something really heavy at her. She is an elitist snotty bitch and I hope she's out on her butt next week. I'm also getting sick of her not-so-subtle digs at Julia.

Always in Awe

Always in Awe

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:10 PM

Bah! That was the worst that woman ever looked - the zit, the hair that looked lie she used the proverbial eggbeater - WTF is going on in that head - the endless prattling - enough to drive anyone crazy.

I wish the people making the decisions would not hold court - just nominate what you saw, let them explain to Ramsey and he will work it out.

As hard as the work looked setting up for the wedding, the red team looked enthusiastic (except M).

ImaginaryFriend

ImaginaryFriend

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:11 PM

Another great episode tonight, with the exception that Melissa wasn't eliminated tonight. She was so horrible, and Ramsey still decided to keep her? Quite foolish.

And lose the potential for continued tension? Not on anyone's life. Especially when the exit of Aaron gave the show a chance to do a non-elimination leg (see TAR) and keep on pace.

I've been inclined to defend Melissa but, wow, what a disintegration. I suppose after being put up for elimination last week she felt she needed to show leadership. If so, the execution on the impulse backfired.

Among the notable quotes, I'd cite the wedding planner's, "I think that went well."

Edited by ImaginaryFriend, Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:13 PM.

Packrat87

Packrat87

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:11 PM

I laughed alot during this episode:

-Apparently, Melissa grew a soulpatch overnight. And she crashed and burned this episode. First, she babies everyone and playing the martyr that carries all the weight of the kitchen and asking the others to help her...She will never be able to be a head chef if she never wants to delegate. And she had the nerves to accuse Julia for overcooking the duck when she was the one to "keep it warm". However, I agreed with Melissa for not presenting the last dish, it was embarassing.

-Two quotes:

Chef Ramsey: Jen, describe the dish.
Jen: It's a duck breast...

"While Melissa and Rock might never get married...

Ha! Good one narrator. And what a twist for sending Melissa in the men's team. They are going to kill themselves by hanging or exploding their brains out like Bonnie imitated playfully to Julia.

-Jean-Phillippe grinning alot during the wedding planner's explanations.

Rock is an egotistic, arrogant, overconfident, misogynistic, sweating chef...I hate him.

Previews: Julia crashes when the menu shifts to fine dining. Rock is pissed off. Bonnie's pan is in a flambé mode and she loses control over the fire.

Jesness

Jesness

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:12 PM

The only thing I can think after watching that episode is: "oh my God, the poor men."

I have never liked Mellissa, and I like her even less now. I swear she sabotaged her team!! Those poor, poor guys...

On the plus side, good for Jen; she's finally starting to grow a set! I still think pulling the 'sketti out of the trash was a bit on the gross side, but I really don't see her making that same mistake twice.

Fiddler1

Fiddler1

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:12 PM

Melissa's hair is so fugly and disgusting right now. Ramsay should do/say something to her about it.

This whole episode, all I could think was, "What is UP with Melissa?" Her wild, uncontrolled hair has been horrible the last 3 episodes, but tonight.....she just looks totally disheveled, like she just rolled out of bed or like she's three sheets to the wind. On top of that, she was so off in her own little control-freak world.... She can't go soon enough for me anymore, GR wanting to give her one more chance or not. Loved Bonnie's miming behind her back, though!

amityisland

amityisland

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:13 PM

Impressions for this episode:

GR looked especially yummy in the supermarket to me.

Melissa: -first half of the episode I felt a mixture of rage and STFU (especially during the food presentation to the bride and groom - shut-up...just shut-up)

-second half - glee...karma's a bitch, hon.

- ending: WTF!!! I bet it's all Aaron's fault...they had to cut him due to his "sickness" and they still had a certain number of episodes to fill so one had to be a non-elimination one.

Also, my sister once spent 2 days outside waiting in the General Admission tickets for concert tickets. I bet after all that her hair still looked better than Melissa's tonight.

My favorite part of the episode: the look on GR's face when he had to prompt them to clap for the bride and groom when they came in for the tasting.LOL!

Edited by amityisland, Jul 2, 2007 @ 9:20 PM.