Let's Make a Deal

• Please log in to reply

58 replies to this topic

mikal768

mikal768

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 24, 2010 @ 3:37 PM

He was probably thinking he had cars already and if he won he'd have a better one.

Diana Berry

Diana Berry

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2011 @ 2:23 PM

Anyone else watch this show? I kind of enjoy it which scares me.

snappyjo

snappyjo

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 21, 2011 @ 11:27 PM

I really like this show. And I'm old enough to have watched Monte Halls original.
Wayne Brady is different. More sketches, he is so comfortable with Jonathan and Tiffini!
But in an hour show 5x a week, it doesn't take too much away from the contestants.
I

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2011 @ 5:13 PM

I like the new format, loves me some Wayne...he and Jonathan play off each other so well.

Diana Berry

Diana Berry

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2011 @ 6:55 PM

I've always been curious about this. Wouldn't the people in the studio audience be able to hear the cars being driven up to the curtains thus being able to guess which one holds it? Of course, everyday we see people Not pick the car but it's been bugging me.

smittykins

smittykins

Fanatic

Posted Oct 31, 2011 @ 3:20 PM

Maybe stagehands put the car in neutral(with the engine off)and push it into position, like they do on The Price Is Right.(I *just* found out they do that, and how many years have I watched that show?)

Edited by smittykins, Oct 31, 2011 @ 3:25 PM.

Diana Berry

Diana Berry

Fanatic

Posted Nov 1, 2011 @ 10:51 PM

Ok that makes sense...hadn't even thought of that.

Ketzel

Ketzel

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:37 AM

Turned on Let's Make A Deal this morning to find myself facing Judge Judy, not Wayne Brady. Does anyone know what's going on with the show? There sure wasn't any indication it was going off the air as of yesterday. The CBS website says it's "on hiatus" until June 2012. The show website lists tapings scheduled to air all through March, with today's and tomorrow's marked as "pre-empted." Nothing on Twitter.
Something must have happened . . .

Edited by Ketzel, Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:38 AM.

stonehaven

stonehaven

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:14 AM

My guess is that March Madness plays a role into when it airs.

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 5:50 PM

Today was the 500th eppy.....there was a dude (Matthew) who had THREE chances to win a car, and he blew each one! I've fuckin' never laughed so hard in my life and you could tell he really wanted one too, lol.

Congrats Wayne!!

InDueTime84

InDueTime84

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 3:24 PM

Today was the 500th eppy.....there was a dude (Matthew) who had THREE chances to win a car, and he blew each one! I've fuckin' never laughed so hard in my life and you could tell he really wanted one too, lol.

I saw that yesterday. I felt a little bad for the dude, but that much since he still walked away with $3000. Today, however, had a guy who won $4300 at first. He traded that deal and won a car. Then, he traded that in for the Big Deal worth over $23,000 and won that. If that wasn't crazy enough, he traded that for a chance at the Super Deal worth $50,000. In the end, he went home with $1000. I just shook my head. He must feel like a big fool. I bet that clip will be on YouTube soon.

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 6:42 PM

InDue, I screamed my head off at that doofus! I even picked the ruby envelope! I think his wife/girlfriend/whatever gave him a death stare when he first considered giving up the car.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2013 @ 2:44 PM

Congrats to Monty Hall. He looks great for his early 90s. Actually, 91 years. The show premiered 50 years ago in 1953. The rest is history. When the show first started there were no costumes. It all started when a lady dressed in her regular street wear held up a cute sign of Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Please Monty pick Me !!
Then next week, everyone came with signs and then hats and history was made.

snappyjo

snappyjo

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 1, 2013 @ 10:29 PM

I enjoy the show so much. I'm old enough to have watched the original show. Not that I remember that well.
But I really like the Wayne and Jonathan interaction, and I like Tiffani too!

Edited by snappyjo, Mar 1, 2013 @ 10:29 PM.

snappyjo

snappyjo

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2013 @ 10:04 PM

Is the show still on anywhere. In my area Dr Phil has been on all week. UGH!

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:47 PM

Is the show still on anywhere. In my area Dr Phil has been on all week. UGH!

I know Thursday and Friday LMAD was preempted for March Madness, so that may be why your CBS affiliate showed Dr. Phil in it's slot. Otherwise, I don't know. I just know that LMAD comes on different times on different affiliates. You might have to write or call your CBS affiliate or check your on screen guide to see if they moved it to another time slot.

I'm still not a fan of the new LMAD, the one player during the Big Deal of the Day is a turnoff. But it's slightly better now and okay on occasion.

Edited by junemeatcleaver, Mar 26, 2013 @ 9:50 PM.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 7:16 PM

Has the envelope ever contained a booby prize?  Always seemed like a safer bet to me.

irisheyes

irisheyes

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 4, 2013 @ 7:52 PM

I started watching this show one day when I was flipping through the channels on the treadmill.  OMG, I've always loved Wayne Brady, but I think he is in his wheelhouse with this show.  He is so good.

(I also like when he's a judge on So You Think You Can Dance.  Maybe I'm just a Wayne fanatic.)

InDueTime84

InDueTime84

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2013 @ 9:00 PM

Today, they had a contestant who quit her job to be on the show.  It was a Twitter-themed episode.  She spun the wheel and won a car, which is quite rare on that type of game.  She, however, gives up the car for a shot at the Big Deal.   It was over $24,000 in cash.  She didn't win it, and instead got a $6,000 dining room set.  She was looking just sick after the reveal.  Maybe it's because I'm not that big of a gambler, but wow.  It always baffles me when people do that.

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2013 @ 3:35 PM

Currently watching this InDueTime84, and....Christ!

I have been unemployed for longer than a minute and wish I could find something, then we get frickin' morons like this one.  First of all, why in the bluedilly hell would you give up a car?  I'm sure the other contestants that had a chance earlier in the show were throwing daggers at her.  I laughed like a loon when the cow got a dining room set, and let's see how quickly she can find employment from this.

Edited by vixenstud, Nov 15, 2013 @ 3:35 PM.

DedicatedFan

DedicatedFan

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2013 @ 12:24 PM

Did anyone see the end of the show broadcast today, Thursday December 5? Delmy chose door #3, and Wayne had just started to show door #2, which was a BBQ grill, when the show was interrupted for a press conference about the new NY police commissioner. The press conference went on and on and didn't end until more than half of "The Price is Right" had gone by. Does anyone remember if Delmy won the big deal? Thank you in advance.

InDueTime84

InDueTime84

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 6, 2013 @ 10:36 AM

DedicatedFan, she didn't.  The Big Deal was behind the other door.  It had an entertainment center with a wall safe that hid $20,000.  Delmy won a trip to Aruba worth over $6,000.

DedicatedFan

DedicatedFan

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2013 @ 11:19 AM

Thank you so very much, InDueTime84!

Diana Berry

Diana Berry

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 3:55 PM

What happened to Tiffani?

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 4:41 PM

Tiffany is on maternity leave, so I'm hoping that she'll return.

Diana Berry

Diana Berry

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2014 @ 9:18 PM

Ty Vixen. Good for her. I watch sparingly because of work these days. I hope she comes back, too.

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2014 @ 4:14 PM

Why oh why does every contestant believe that a car is behind a curtain?  Never mind that someone just won one or got zonked, every prize isn't a car dangit!

Diana Berry

Diana Berry

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2014 @ 8:49 PM

Tiffany came back on Friday. Congrats to her.

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2014 @ 8:52 AM

Yes lawd, glad she is back.