S3 - Dominic "D-Trix" Sandoval - Not Just for Kids

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

460 replies to this topic

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Sep 9, 2007 @ 12:17 AM

That's an interesting interview, and one I hadn't seen before. I think it's downright bizarre that they don't provide space for the contestants to practice their dances, though. I think it was Jaimie who said the same thing in one of her interviews, and it struck me as just wrong then, and it still seems wrong now. What could possibly be the producer's excuse??

DMaverics41

DMaverics41

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 7:41 AM

A cute dombra pic from shauna's myspace:

awww...so cute

Edited by DMaverics41, Sep 25, 2007 @ 7:44 AM.

Zigzag

Zigzag

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2007 @ 3:27 PM

Aww. That's indeed pretty cute. I really liked them as a couple on the show. They were so fun to watch. Also, I'm loving Sabra's hair on that pic.

jkpolk

jkpolk

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 12:42 PM

He also says that although he "loves Sabra to death," he was prepared to switch partners because he had formed a tight bond with all the girls, knowing that he might eventually be paired with them. And he's 5'8" in shoes.

Heh, I was about to say there's no way he's 5'8" in shoes because I felt like I towered over him after the tour shows and I'm 5'9". But then I remembered I was wearing heeled boots so I suppose it's possible. :)

splendourific

splendourific

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 12:50 PM

he's 5'8" in shoes.

What kind of shoes? Stilettos?

RyanCrowell

RyanCrowell

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2007 @ 11:47 PM

Dom, Sabra, Hok, and Neil were on the FOX New Year's special. Dom and Sabra danced their hip-hop routine. He said this was the first time he'd seen Sabra since the tour ended and he missed everyone. He had on a baseball cap and was his usual goofy self. My favorite part was when he and the others held up signs saying Cat Deeley was not wearing a real fur.

It was nice to see them again.

Then he and Hok did a really kick-ass breakdancing routine with Hok. They are in a group together called Qwest or Kwest (I don't know the spelling). At the end she asked him why he didn't kiss her for New Year's. He said they had been in the presence of Sabra. Then Cat gave him a big kiss! He of course played up a very shocked, embarrassed reaction. Then he told her he still liked Sabra better.

I had missed his joking around, and his breaking. It was a good way to end 2007/begin 2008. I was surprised he got so much airtime, but I'm definitely not complaining.

Edited by RyanCrowell, Jan 1, 2008 @ 12:29 AM.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Jun 9, 2010 @ 7:11 PM

Video > (FOX) All-Star Interview: Dominic "D-Trix" Sandoval

Sandynz

Sandynz

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 24, 2010 @ 1:36 AM

I was surprisingly surprised by Dominic tonight. I didn't know that he was capable of 'deep' emotions even in dance. He was astounding in his performance and expressions. Where did THOSE come from?

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Jun 24, 2010 @ 6:25 AM

Video > (Danceplug) SYTYCD S7 Top 10 Post-Performance Interview: Dominic "D-Trix" Sandoval

CassandraRedux

CassandraRedux

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2010 @ 7:32 AM

In season three, Dom and Sabra did a Shane hip hop that a lot of people, myself included, felt came too close in moments to domestic violence, though it was danced very well. So revisiting that last night was interesting. I liked Tessandra's piece a lot better.

LostLostLost

LostLostLost

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 5:24 PM

D-Trix is producing a dance competition series on YouTube, with Lauren Froderman and Kherington Payne among the choreographers/partners helping out. From what I can tell, it features famous YouTubers (the only name I recognized was ObamaGirl) who will learn a routine and YouTubers will vote.It has a $25,000 prize, so I guess it's not just for fun. NappyTabs are somehow involved in a supportive role.

Here is episode 1, but there are numerous videos along the side which show the various dancers at work with their partners. I haven't watched them all and won't link them all here.

D-Trix presents....

I didn't know Kherington had gone brunette. I actually think she looks better.