"Is it rigged?": Conspiracy Theories

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

4 replies to this topic

MegaJ

MegaJ

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2007 @ 3:24 PM

There was a lot of hubbub about the second season of this show when people like ANT got into the house, and a lot of speculation of whether or not the judging/cast choices was fair. So I thought I create a thread where all of that spec goes here.

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2007 @ 6:00 PM

Well, I did hear a lot of buzzing last season that the producer also just happened to be the agent for a lot of the contestants who ended up in the house.

shortnsweet421

shortnsweet421

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 19, 2007 @ 2:20 PM

I think a lot of who gets into the house also has to be with stronger comics vs. weaker comics. On these type of shows it just makes it easier to eliminate people if there are a few weaker ones among the crowd.

alexmarsz

alexmarsz

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2007 @ 6:56 PM

Well, I did hear a lot of buzzing last season that the producer also just happened to be the agent for a lot of the contestants who ended up in the house.

I don't know about last season. Season 2 it was Gary Gulman and Ant who caused the buzz. Their manager is the Producer Barry Katz.

And if you're curious, I'm pretty sure at least one of the names we've seen so far this season is also managed by Katz. Gerry Dee

lindseyquinn

lindseyquinn

Fanatic

• Interests:binder clips (large), Body Pump (minus lunges), coffee, the color wheel, crafting, crosswords, design, diet soda, DIY, Edward Gorey, Google Reader, elliptical machines, ephemera, exfoliation, Hello Kitty, the hot glue gun, kawaii, kittens (most especially Zooey Grace), Locks of Love, Martha Stewart, McSweeney’s, Milton Glaser, mockery, naps, Readymade, Scrabble, silhouettes, sushi, This American Life, TV, TWoP, Urban Decay, worry dolls, writing, yarn, yoga, 42, '80s night

Posted Jun 20, 2007 @ 8:49 AM

And if you're curious, I'm pretty sure at least one of the names we've seen so far this season is also managed by Katz. Gerry Dee

If the conspiracy theory holds true, then, color me happy, because I'm partial to this comedian.