Comedic Moments on Comic Standing: Funny Moments

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

10 replies to this topic

CantThinkUpName

CantThinkUpName

Stalker

Posted Jun 12, 2007 @ 7:46 PM

What are some of the funny moments you remember from this show?

One I always recall is in S1 was Dave Mordeal (was it?) pitching his show about incompetent terrorists. I would have definitely watched that.

RobertBlue

RobertBlue

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2007 @ 10:31 PM

The game of Hide and Seek with Ralphie as the seeker. The fact that Dat hid for well over an hour and didn't catch on till he saw everyone just sitting there was awesome.

And don't forget the bath tub. For better or worse, that is permanently etched into my mind.

Edited by RobertBlue, Jun 12, 2007 @ 10:31 PM.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2007 @ 1:24 AM

Why are all my favorite moments from season 1?

The aformentioned scenes, plus the entire scene with the Mouse in the House, with Dave being the hero and catching it.

Besides the hot tub scenes, there's the fact that every "Confessional" with Rich Vos was him ironing that one pair of pants (which was joked about several times), as well as the fake "Talk Show" that Rich & Dave put on that we only saw a glimpse of in the credits of Dave's last episode.

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2007 @ 6:04 AM

Well, wouldn't you know it, the one episode from Season 1 that I missed was the "Hide and No Seek" episode. The clips I saw of it, though, were hilarious.

One of my all-time favourite lines from the show was in Season 2. After they roasted Jay London, Rich Little (who was one of the judges) said (and I'm paraphrasing), "I don't like it when comedians use blue material, and you [bleep][bleeeeep]s used a lot of it." I always thought that was a great line.

alexmarsz

alexmarsz

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2007 @ 1:26 PM

The game of Hide and Seek with Ralphie as the seeker. The fact that Dat hid for well over an hour and didn't catch on till he saw everyone just sitting there was awesome.

"I'm never playing Hide & Seek with you guys again!"

Yeah ... good laughs from seasons 2+ ... I loved Gary at the roasts. Not his style of comedy but he really rose to the occasion both times. Josh Blue and Chris Porter heckling each other was also great. Unless we get some really good personalities in the house, my best moments will always be any challenge that forces them to come up with something new. (Dave's sitcom pitch is one I still recall fondly too.)

Chainlightning

Chainlightning

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 14, 2007 @ 7:31 AM

Josh Blue and Chris Porter heckling each other was also great.

My favorite line from any season came from that challenge. Chris Porter said something really, really wrong to heckle Josh, and Josh's reply was classic.

"This is the WORST Make-A-Wish ever!"

Blackie 35

Blackie 35

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 14, 2007 @ 10:47 AM

Yeah ... good laughs from seasons 2+ ... I loved Gary at the roasts.

My favorite LCS joke ever was from Gary roasting Jay London: He first says Jay's parents couldn't be there because they were busy blowing the little pigs' houses down. Then he says he's kidding and he knows Jay wasn't raised by wolves because "wolves would have taught him to condition his hair."

mooncreek

mooncreek

Stalker

Posted Jun 18, 2007 @ 5:32 PM

Dat Phan's journal. The one that, according to Dave, "if you found it at the bus station, the FBI would have to be notified."

Also, the battle between Rich Vos and the cancer guy (I'm drawing a blank at his name) - the tennis ball to the head, the origin of The Don. Man, I wish my tape for this season hadn't gotten ruined.

hutchlover

hutchlover

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 19, 2007 @ 9:07 AM

OMG, so many... mostly S1

The Rat, The Don ironing, Dave Mordal in EVERYTHING, Tess' interview with ET.

I didn't see much of S2 or 3, but of S4 I loved Ty's "post sex interview" and Josh's "Gabe stop calling me!" jokes. I also happen to LOVE Bil Dwyer, but I didn't think he put forth much effort. Oh, Chris's roast of Gabe was great and the afforementioned Chris & Josh heckling each other.

nitrodan

nitrodan

Couch Potato

• Interests:Watching tv, listening to music, watching tv, long walks on the beach, watching tv, candle light dinners... did I mention that I like watching tv?

Shows currently on my faves list:
    LOST, Heroes, 30 Rock, The Office, CSI, Futurama, Scrubs, Frisky Dingo, The Soup, SNL, The Simpsons, and How I Met Your Mother.

Posted Jun 22, 2007 @ 1:28 PM

I don't really recall much of the previous seasons but I do remember there was a scene in season 1 where the comics were at the pool in their bathing suits and we see Tammy Pescateli sunbathing with her rockin' bod then the camera pans to Kathleen Madigan's pasty white self who's just laying next to Tammy looking at herself with disgust. I also couldn't stop laughing when Rob Cantrell listed "Bobert" as a short version of Robert.

From S4 the funniest moments I remember were during the heckling challenge. Rebecca Corry started doing her set which for some reason always involved some sort of kicking and Roz then shouted "Less kicking, more jokes bitch!" Rebecca's expression after that was priceless. Also, during that challeng Kristin Key calling Michelle Balin a catcher's mitt had me cracking the hell up.

roast of Gabe

I loved Roz' roast of Gabe, "Me and Gabe went to McDonald's last week and went he ordered it sounded like a phone number. He said, 'Let me get a 3-1-0-4-2-6-9-7-5-6'"

hutchlover

hutchlover

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 22, 2007 @ 3:29 PM

I don't really recall much of the previous seasons but I do remember there was a scene in season 1 where the comics were at the pool in their bathing suits and we see Tammy Pescateli sunbathing with her rockin' bod then the camera pans to Kathleen Madigan's pasty white self who's just laying next to Tammy looking at herself with disgust. I also couldn't stop laughing when Rob Cantrell listed "Bobert" as a short version of Robert.

Tammy & Kathleen were S2, Rob was S1. (Though you might not remember him, he was always stoned.)