Miss/Guided

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

205 replies to this topic

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Apr 24, 2008 @ 11:45 PM

Has anyone noticed Judy Greer in one of the new Apple commercials? It's fun to see her, as we have no idea if we'll ever see this show again. (Hope we do!)

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2008 @ 12:25 PM

Yeah, those Apple commercials usually annoy me, but I like the one that she's in.

lawgiver

lawgiver

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2008 @ 1:41 PM

I just read both issues of Variety from the past 2 weeks, and a little blurb made it sound like Miss/Guided was picked up for next year. It was pretty vague, but I'm hopeful!

macncheese

macncheese

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2008 @ 4:42 PM

ABC's upfront is tomorrow, so we'll know the definitive answer then. It was put in the "under consideration" with Eli Stone, and Eli was just given a 13-episode season earlier. Hopefully, that bodes well for Miss/Guided.

dcalley

dcalley

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2008 @ 1:53 PM

I didn't have much hope for this show when ABC burned off all the episodes in less than three weeks, I think it was, but I'm still bummed that it won't be back.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted May 13, 2008 @ 2:02 PM

Boooooo

Of course, in order that new life might bloom, there must be casualties. ABC's cancelled shows include "October Road," "Men in Trees" and "Miss Guided," as well as the less bubble-worthy comedies "Carpoolers" and "Cavemen."

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted May 13, 2008 @ 8:48 PM

Nooooo!! Oh, stupid ABC. That was a good show with lots of potential. I'd start a campaign but it would probably be useless. I am really disappointed.

ILuvIt

ILuvIt

Channel Surfer

Posted May 13, 2008 @ 9:04 PM

I'd start a campaign but it would probably be useless. I am really disappointed.

I would help with that! I really liked this show and I hardly watch any scripted television.

JakeyIsSusan

JakeyIsSusan

Fanatic

• Interests:television (duh!), pro wrestling, pop culture, awards shows, writing, dreaming, procrastinating

Posted May 14, 2008 @ 12:51 AM

That was a good show with lots of potential

I'll add to the boos. It wasn't perfect, but I think there was a lot they could have done with a potential love triangle with Becky, Tim, and Brooke Burns.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

Posted May 14, 2008 @ 11:15 AM

If we were to start a campaign, one of those ones where we send stuff like they did for Jericho, what would we send? I would do it if there was interest. Can't hurt right? It has worked in the past.

NJMark

NJMark

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2008 @ 11:45 AM

It depends what you mean by "worked." CBS did bring Jericho back, but the ratings didn't follow. After that failure, I think networks are going to be far less likely to give in to any future "send in..." campaigns.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

Posted May 14, 2008 @ 12:24 PM

That's probably true. Oh, I'm just disappointed. And we only got 7 measly episodes too.

Edited by oakgal, May 14, 2008 @ 3:14 PM.

Sandman

Sandman

Stalker

Posted May 14, 2008 @ 2:22 PM

I missed every one of the them. Seeing Judy Greer's Apple commercial a basquillion times in the last month doesn't quite make up for that.

Edited by Sandman, May 14, 2008 @ 2:22 PM.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted May 14, 2008 @ 3:38 PM

After that failure, I think networks are going to be far less likely to give in to any future "send in..." campaigns.

Fair enough, but ABC sent Miss/Guided out to die in midseason. Not only did they do minimal promotion, but they also double-stacked all episodes besides the premiere, which aired on a different night, to ensure that there wouldn't be even seven weeks of buzz, but just three and out.

dcalley

dcalley

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 2:44 PM

Phooey, ABC.com's already taken the episodes down. I was hoping to watch one last time.

moemac

moemac

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 7:30 PM

Phooey, ABC.com's already taken the episodes down. I was hoping to watch one last time.

You can watch it on iTunes.

NJMark

NJMark

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2008 @ 11:35 AM

The NY Daily News reports that ABC has until June 30th to renew this show. Pending cancellation, Judy Greer has been cast in a pilot for HBO.

macncheese

macncheese

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2008 @ 12:12 PM

Please reconsider ABC! I'll forgive you for the shitty treatment of Miss/Guided. Please, I'll give/name my firstborn child after you!

As for Suburban Shootout, the British version was crap. I hope the American version will improve on it.

beadgirl

beadgirl

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2008 @ 12:55 PM

There's hope??? Should I be happy, or should I assume the worst to protect my heart?

Lunathick

Lunathick

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2008 @ 9:47 AM

So, it's official? It's cancelled? Bummer.

JasmineFlower

JasmineFlower

Stalker

Posted Sep 2, 2008 @ 12:58 AM

I really hope ABC will at least make the series available on DVD. It is definitely something I would buy to enjoy over and over again.

dcalley

dcalley

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2008 @ 12:01 AM

I still think about this show. I miss it.

Robynsoap1030

Robynsoap1030

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 8, 2009 @ 4:22 AM

I just discovered this little gem today via youtube. You can watch the whole series with this link. Miss/Guided entire series. I know there are some people who would like to relive the laughter so here you go.

In my imagination Tim and Becky finally got together after Lisa falls for her cheating ex again. This preferably happened before the end of the second season. A girl can dream.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Dec 8, 2009 @ 4:34 AM

Judy Greer should get more series. She was so good in this show.

Networks threw multiple series at Lauren Graham and Mark Feuerstein and others, I'm sure, until one got past the pilot stage...

Robynsoap1030

Robynsoap1030

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 8, 2009 @ 4:48 AM

Judy Greer was actually the reason I watched the show. I'm so sick of her being relegated to quirky best friend status in all of her movies. She ends up outshining the leading ladies. Plus I will never stop seeing Kitty and her genius when I look at Greer.

Let's hope she ends up with a successful series where she is the star, and soon.

Writer13

Writer13

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2009 @ 9:26 AM

When I saw this thread bumped back up to the first page, I was hoping that the show was coming back on (unrealistic, I know). I guess I'll just have to stick with S1 on youtube.

I'm so sick of her being relegated to quirky best friend status in all of her movies.

ITA. I want her to be the lead actress in a romantic comedy.

Edited by Writer13, Dec 8, 2009 @ 9:26 AM.