Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion: Gnat's Piss

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

102 replies to this topic

dzim

dzim

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 4, 2009 @ 8:52 AM

Did anyone notice in the last episode (April 1) where they show what is coming up, that Giovanni had on a black-accented jacket that the editors tried to cover up with red? It flashed really quick in the previews when Gordon was yelling at Gio. Was this from a future episode, or do the teams merge this week?

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2009 @ 10:20 AM

Looks to me like the teams merge this week.

Edited by ProfCrash, Apr 4, 2009 @ 10:31 AM.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2009 @ 1:56 PM

Previews aren't spoilers, so please discuss what you think of previews in the Speculation thread. Thanks.

HyeChaps

HyeChaps

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2010 @ 7:26 AM

Newsday, the Long Island, New York paper, had an article about local folks starting new careers.
Looks like Nilka is not the winner of Hell's Kitchen.

Nilka Hendricks, West Hempstead

Hendricks, a chef, said she lost her Manhattan restaurant job in March 2009 after a six-week leave to participate in a "Hell's Kitchen" competition, which has been airing on Fox.

The restaurant had said it would hold the job open but later said it needed to fill it, she said. And it had nothing else, Hendricks said. She looked for a job for about six months then thought about opening a catering business. She went to Black Women Enterprises, a Hempstead-based business-support group, for help with a business plan last year. She began a private catering business in February and uses the kitchen in the local catering hall of a former boss.

Later this year, Hendricks, 30, plans to open in the Vibe Lounge kitchen, which she plans to redo. She said she has always wanted to work for herself.

"I'm tired of working for other people," she said. "If they can do it [own a business], I can do it."

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2010 @ 12:10 PM

Not necessarily. The winner does not start their new job until after the show airs. If they started as soonas they won we would all know who won.

I am not surprised that someone who took 6 weeks off of work to participate in any activity (short of being a military Reservist or Guardsman) would lose their job. There is a decent size list of Survivors who had to quit or lost jobs because of the time that they were gone. I would imagine that the food industry has been hard hit by the recession so I can see that it might be hard to find a new job.

Agent0042

Agent0042

Stalker

Posted Aug 10, 2010 @ 10:33 PM

Interesting that it never came up here, but over on TV.com, there was a thread that spoiled the winner of this season for those that chose to view it right from the start. Apparently, if what was said was true, Holli flapped her yap to a number of people that she was the winner and, in turn, one of those people spoiled the news to the official FOX message board. Any posts related to that were apparently quickly deleted from there, but not before somebody picked up on it and reposted it over at TV.com. Wonder if Holli could get in trouble for this...

dwmarch

dwmarch

Couch Potato

• Interests:Boston Legal, Angel, Buffy, Firefly, 24, Star Trek

Posted Aug 11, 2010 @ 3:49 AM

Well for what it's worth, Dave (last season's winner) has kept his inside knowledge very much under wraps. He's on Facebook and replies to questions but would not answer any as to whether he was going to be on the show again and if he knew who the winner was. He's cagey about general production questions too. So I'm pretty sure there's a confidentiality agreement in there somewhere.

But really, what can FOX do? The season was in the can before it was announced. Holli works for Gordon Ramsay now, not FOX. All they can really do is not invite her back for the S8 finale.

davidmf

davidmf

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 11, 2010 @ 1:46 PM

Typically with Reality Show contestant contracts there is a clause that says something along the lines that if you spoil who the winner is then you agree to pay TPTB a large amount (typically in the millions) in liquidated damages. It is common knowledge that it is in the Survivor Contracts.

I would be very surprised if there is not something similar in the HK contestant contract, actually I remember reading in an interview with one of the early season contestants that they could not even use the HK name to promote themselves, even after the season they were on was over.

Having said that I do think that FOX is asking a lot for you to keep quiet for 18 months, especially if you have won.

BowlOfXmasCandy

BowlOfXmasCandy

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 6, 2011 @ 2:16 PM

Just heard a interview and Gordan Ramsey said JP will be back for season 9 but hed did not say when it would air but they had finished tapping the show.

davidmf

davidmf

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 16, 2011 @ 2:53 PM

Interview with Carrie suggests she doesn't make it all the way.

http://sidedish.dmag...ls-kitchennosh/

karisse

karisse

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 23, 2011 @ 7:34 AM

Nilka-I see the post was from last year, but while I do not think she OWNS the restaurant, Retro, (I believe), she is the Head Chef. I think, it is a fairly new restaurant in Freeport, Long Island, and it has good reviews. I only know about it because yes, it was a Groupon.

Rammchick

Rammchick

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 30, 2011 @ 8:15 AM

Oh god, was that Trev I saw in the coming attractions for next week's show? Ugh.

DuckyinKy

DuckyinKy

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2011 @ 10:04 AM

On Will's FB page, he has a photo of Kobe beef - a few comments have pointed out that the photo was taken at BLT Steak.